The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Dumal
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by Dumal » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:58 pm

sanjayC wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:14 am
Dumal wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:28 am
Sounded like the central issue that was publicized was that the officer shouted at the woman and may have questioned her unnecessarily about her name(s). There has been no denial of that publicly as far as I have seen.
Has this been proven? According to reports of eyewitnesses carried in the media, this shouting thing and questioning about her religion is a fabrication of the lady who tried to milk the Muslim persecution complex to her benefit. Looks like she wanted to get a new passport with her original Hindu name despite her conversion and adoption of a new Muslim name, so that it become easier for her to get visas and not face hostile questioning at foreign airports.
Precisely! There were things on MSM and SM about various claims none of which can be taken as the whole truth. I suspect many here know only as much as is on the media. So continuing this argument dissing the Minister or the department for wrongfully transferring the officer etc., is without basis, IMO. They are in the position to know much more than us. Secondly declaring "victory" by hoping for address verification issues, or other US visa rejections, the husband living off the wife, etc., even if those were all true, is irrelevant to how the "officer vs lady" interaction is to be judged. And it is even further of a stretch to claim MEA is loosening regulations that will help frauds and will endanger national security, etc.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:05 pm

NIA arrests wife of Deputy Commissioner, Gazalla, for conversion and attempt to transport Kerala Hindu girl to Syria to join ISIS. Zakir Naik tapes used. Arrested woman runs Islamic school in Karnataka. Mohammed Niyaz also caught.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:11 pm

Dumal wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:58 pm
Precisely! There were things on MSM and SM about various claims none of which can be taken as the whole truth. I suspect many here know only as much as is on the media. So continuing this argument dissing the Minister or the department for wrongfully transferring the officer etc., is without basis, IMO. They are in the position to know much more than us. Secondly declaring "victory" by hoping for address verification issues, or other US visa rejections, the husband living off the wife, etc., even if those were all true, is irrelevant to how the "officer vs lady" interaction is to be judged. And it is even further of a stretch to claim MEA is loosening regulations that will help frauds and will endanger national security, etc.
so we should accept the account of 'inter faith couple' rather than the officer? Why? now kindly prove that this officer was lying.
BJP has suffered massive damage of perception in the whole case

The Lucknow passport office row took a new turn today as the Uttar Pradesh Police informed the Regional Passport Office that, Tanvi Seth, the woman who had accused a passport officer of harassing her along with her husband, does not stay at the address mentioned by her in the passport form.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 750422.cms

police report is also against them. Every one is wrong but dubious couple is right??

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:14 pm

This is @narendramodi's ShahBano moment. Infact worse. At least Rajiv called the parliament. It puts entire police apparatus, local intelligence, honest bureaucrat and commenrs in the dock. The minister spits in our faces and tells us to go to HELL. I'll do whatever I feel like.
twitter

ricky
BGR Newbie

Post by ricky » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:52 pm

What is the mudi's shah banos moment?

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:28 pm

Guys, I am absolutely disgusted at the political discourse surrounding the surgical strike video release. I can only imagine how much India's enemies like ISI, Chincoms, CIA, MI-5 etc must laughing their asses off knowing that they can disintegrate India without firing a shot.

There seems to be a concerted, focused effort to deny ModiJi and BJP any credit, none whatsoever for these strikes. Led by that politically savvy sore loser Arun Shourie, it seems thugbandhan is running so scared of giving ModiJi an political mileage that they are using all kinds of sophistry, bordering on sedition, to ensure that the entire surgical strikes are put to the back burner, confuse the issue, and deny ModiJi any credit. Note the slime ball Shourie's first claimed the strikes were a farce, and post video release, he spinning a different politically savvy tune which ModiJi hating media mouthpieces have picked up. Looks like Arun Shourie will commit suicide if ModiJi wins again :-). And he is supposed to be from BJP.

Having said all that, I feel Surgical strikes have lost their meaning: 1) As I say above, opposition traitors and their media mouthpieces have gone on overdrive in their hatred of ModiJi to first question the veracity and now attacking ModiJi for deriving political capital, 2) Pakis have not been deterred by just one strike, and in fact attacking India with even more impunity and are in complete control of the underground terror operations in the Kashmir valley.

On another pessimistic note, I was talking to a bunch of really politically savvy guys last night who just came back from India. In their view, unless BJP does something 'big' like Ram temple or article 370 etc, the momentum is with opposition thugbandhan and BJP could not only lose, but be annihilated in 2019. I don't know if I will go that far given BJP all but pulled it off in Karnataka, but the string of by poll losses in different states do point to a trend, not to mention unscientific conversations I have been having with a lot of folks.

I need to see BJP winning something to restore my optimism.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Indrad wrote:Sushma Swaraj has changed every possible rule in retrospect which would have nailed Tanvi Seth, her passport has not been cancelled
Don't know on the passport cancellation part, but which rule has been changed to accomodate shady characters like Tanvi Seth @ whatshername? I did check the official reports, and from what I could understand police verification etc. is still happening. All that has happened is the launch of a mobile application for filing a passport application. And that a person can apply for a passport from any PSK he/she wishes to. But every thing else still remain the same. Please do share the information you have, and I am willing to be corrected.
so we should accept the account of 'inter faith couple' rather than the officer? Why? now kindly prove that this officer was lying. BJP has suffered massive damage of perception in the whole case.
They deserve this. These things happen when Facebook and Twitter are treated as the final point of truth. Indian laws are cumbersome, but the process & procedures behind it are really meaningful. So make the process & procedures remain as is, simplify the actual implementation. Sushma Swaraj cannot rely on Twitter and Facebook to finalise her decisions. I am sure this incident would have pissed many an MEA and PSK official.
Dumal wrote:Sounded like the central issue that was publicized was that the officer shouted at the woman and may have questioned her unnecessarily about her name(s). There has been no denial of that publicly as far as I have seen. I think we are beating a dead horse here questioning the officer's transfer or Sushmaji's competency or motive.
There is a witness who actually supported the Passport Officials and on record stated that there was no harassment. But then what we hear is about a plan to threaten/kidnap him. So we cannot lay the blame on the Passport officials just because we assume that i) Govt. officials are generally dishonest ii) media reports are 100% true. I don't think "unnecessarily about her name(s)" becomes a problem in passport application. A name is one which uniquely identifies an individual (which a lay man can also understand). We cannot have different names in different records, and then try those to get a passport.

Any ways, looks like there is a counter-narrative clearly coming out giving the shady couple a doze of their own medicine.
Did Tanvi Seth and her husband played Muslim card for passport ?
sanjayC wrote:Looks like she wanted to get a new passport with her original Hindu name despite her conversion and adoption of a new Muslim name, so that it become easier for her to get visas and not face hostile questioning at foreign airports.
Nandu wrote:Passport is a privilege for an Indian citizen as long as citizenship is not in dispute. So the bottom line is that neither her marriage or conversion to islam doesn't alter the official name from birth records. So she could be right in demanding that a passport be issued in her maiden name.
There is a catch to it, and most likely this is what actually prompted the woman to play the Muslim and inter-faith drama. If she had a PoI and PoA in her once used Hindu name, she can still get a passport with that information. The passport will be issued after verifying records to confirm her name (Hindu) and the address is where she actually stayed (using that Hindu name) was also true. But that would have messed up her original plan of including her dear husband's name in the specified column in the passport. When we declare some one as our spouse, there has to be a good proof to prove that aspect. That is where they ask for a marriage certificate (generally from a government authority). This couple did produce such a document, but the woman had user her Islamic name in that document. How can Tanvi Seth get Anus Siddiqui as her spouse in her passport using a wedding certificate shows which says Anas Siddiqui married to some Shadia abc..?? The plan seems to be get her a passport using her old Hindu identity, with the hubby dear getting added as the spouse; perhaps with a long term plan of sending wifey dear abroad first and then the hubby joining.
Would the Indian law make a distinction between a married man and a woman where the latter can only identify herself as a spouse of some X or Y?
Indian laws does not differentiate at all. This woman can still have got a passport in her old Hindu name if she has records to prove her identity using that Hindu name, and an address at which people would still say this woman lived there, and this was her name. Problem comes when spouse details have to get added. For that a marriage certificate have to be produced where the names match up.

Many genuinely married couple especially women (I exclude feminists, liberals etc.) generally get the names of their spouse recorded in their passports because it may reduce VISA hassles and travel to foreign countries. I know mothers (with their own kids) stopped at Heathrow, UK because there was a severe mismatch of data. Mother retained her maiden name, daughter had the father's name (as per passport) endorsed in the passport. Immigration folks at Heathrow thought the mother was into human trafficing.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:36 pm

I agree 100% with SuSwami's tweet

<<

It is clear from the assembly of crooks, traitors, foreign anti Hindu missionaries, Dawood and secessionists that nation is in danger and Hindus under siege. Hence BJP to win in 2019 is in our national interest. Let us work for that& devastate Trojan horses on the way to victory

>>

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:49 pm

^^^ Well, what's new about this? This is something that's been known and discussed on BRF/BGF for a year or two now. Maybe SuSwa should come here and get some gyaaan....someone tell him about BGF :lol:
crams wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:28 pm
.... 2) Pakis have not been deterred by just one strike, and in fact attacking India with even more impunity and are in complete control of the underground terror operations in the Kashmir valley.
I dont know that I can agree with this. I do think they have been deterred from conducting Gurdaspur (police station) and Pathankot or URI type attacks. THeir terrorist operations in the valley have continued, I agree but the surgical strikes were not to counter valley terrorism; it was to counter the attacks on army installations itself. The policy of countering valley terrorism is different and is relfected in the anti-terror ops in the valley itself.

Pakistanis know that an URI-type attack will surely get them a response and so before they plan anything like it, they'll have to raise the the defense profile (defcon) on ALL their terrorist lanuch pads AND their regular army installation within 10-20 miles of the LOC. (But wait, can they be sure Modi will restrict the Indian army to a few miles of border this time around?) This is expensive to to and significantly increases the logistics in launching a Pathankot or URI like attack (which earlier would have consisted of doing nothing more than sending 4-5 well-armed suicidal terrorists to an army camp). But now they have to provide 24/7 security for their army/terrorist camps for god-knows how long- the revenge hit could come 1 day later, or 5 months later. I think the surgical strikes have been quite effective in conveying intent. In fact, it would be to Pakistan disadvantage if they try one more stunt like this. IMHO, GOI will likely not restrict themselves to hitting just terrorist launch pads; and might target army units that enable infiltration of these terrorists, which makes them a fair target.
Last edited by srikumar on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:10 pm

Sushma Swaraj is running a twitter poll seeking opinion on the tweets which attacked her. The poll closes shortly and so far the votes are 57% disagreeing with the tweeters, 43% in support of them.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:38 pm

crams wrote:
On another pessimistic note, I was talking to a bunch of really politically savvy guys last night who just came back from India. In their view, unless BJP does something 'big' like Ram temple or article 370 etc, the momentum is with opposition thugbandhan and BJP could not only lose, but be annihilated in 2019. I don't know if I will go that far given BJP all but pulled it off in Karnataka, but the string of by poll losses in different states do point to a trend, not to mention unscientific conversations I have been having with a lot of folks.

There is a definite negative trend, in order to arrest that BJP will need to win 2 out 3 of the upcoming state elections in MP, Chhattisgarh, and Rajasthan. Rajasthan is a lost cause so it must win both MP and Chhattisgarh. Loss in all three will completely destroy its chances of winning in 2019.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:10 pm

A while back I read somewhere that BJP is trailing in opinion polls in both MP and Rajasthan, with gap against BJP much higher in Rajasthan. But all is not lost. BJP is under a relentless attack, an event here or there can change the narrative. ModiJi has to create that opening. Economy alone will not do.

He seems to be in reactive mode. Take for e.g., surgical strike. Soon after Uri, the thugbnadhan were gleefully attacking ModiJi. It makes my blood boil that anything that can be used against ModiJi is not off limit. Pakis attacking, Chincoms encroaching in Doklam, nothing, the attack is on ModiJi, reference to 56" etc. Post surgical strike, the same thugbandhans including turncoats like Arun Shourie were initially speaking on behalf of ISI questioning and mocking ModiJi. Pappu's slaves were saying "me too". Now comes the 'proof' and the attacks take a different turn.

Point I am making is that ModiJi needs to seize the narrative and simply take the gloves off. Nothing should be off limit. Paint thugbandhan as Paki sympathizers, question Pappu's and mummy's loyalty to the nation, their Italian roots, dynasty, nothing is off limits. Attack that Soz and Azad traitors, attack Doggy singh, you name it. Screw this Vijas alone BS.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:57 pm

crams wrote:
Irrational opinion, playing into the enemy's hands. Between NaMo's running for PM candidate in 2013 and today, BJP has:

- Not lost power in a single state election
- Retained power in 4 states
- Captured power in 15 states either alone or in NDA
- Is running goremint directly in J&K
- Shot up by 60 seats (44 to 104) in a southern state
- Has displaced other parties to become clear #2 in at least 2 large states (OR, WB)
- A PM with 70+% approval rating

Frankly, I don't think there is any election history that will give you more optimism than this. So you can either remain pessimistic till May 2019 or take a different track and help the NDA to victory. Your call!

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:42 pm

I think you guys are speaking to Rahul Gandhi in your interactions. In my interactions I don't see any massive anti-incumbency. Maybe not very excited but not the tremendous negativity of 2014 which will suggest an impending disaster. Most sane commentators are worried whether Modi will get clear majority like 2014. There are some reports of animosity against Vasundhara but it looks like they will go with her unless like Dhumal they can make her loose her seat and still win RJ.

To call it Shah Bano of Modi is imagination. It is Sushma's goof-up.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:51 pm

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:05 am

CholaBhaturi wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:10 pm
Sushma Swaraj is running a twitter poll seeking opinion on the tweets which attacked her. The poll closes shortly and so far the votes are 57% disagreeing with the tweeters, 43% in support of them.
The poll is not worth it. She has formatted it as "Agree or disagree with the 'trolls' ". Binary decision. There are no shades of gray here. Not even a "Do you agree I did the right thing or not?".

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:55 am

Full spectrum of presstitutes now defending Sushma and hinting that she is being attacked on the behest of Modi-Shah and Sushma is retweeting the likes of Pallavi Ghosh - the most ardent of Congis. Her husband too.

She quickly forgot how the same Twitter army defended her when during the Lalit Modi fiasco the entire C-system was baying for her blood and even she was shocked, she thought she would not be targeted due to her closeness to the Lutyens circle. What a shameless lady really.

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:04 am

^
Iam glad that this incident has outed SuSuMa.
SuSuMa is the default candidate to head the impending modiless NDA coalition with sikular outside support when the plans for 150 club for BJP fructify in 2019.

Putting aside the antics of SuSuMa if we go to the antics of SuSu(who fashions himself as the future Finance minister in the modiless NDA post 2019),
He has recently revived the "Parliamentary oversight committee threat" over India's Intelligence agencies operating overseas... RTed over 2000 times by the cretin Swamytards abounding in SM.
@SSwamy39 I find that some ex officers of RAW according Panama Papers have secret foreign bank accounts. Why? I am therefore seeking a Sansad Samiti set up as an oversight body for RAW. https://twitter.com/Swamy39/status/1012902681839480832
Now this "Parliamentary oversight committee on Intelligence agencies" is nothing new - its an old plan of Massa , with its local minions regularly voicing it.
One of the recent being Prashant Bhushan's CPIL which pushed a PIL in the interested SC - which gladly allowed it.
A previous account on that is below.

Now SuSu true to his nature of a foreign snake is voicing it again in public.
A tweet by moi on the same below.
CPIL's and @pbhushan1 PIL to obtain access to deepest levels of RAW for their American Massa to totally subvert,is now being explicitly reiterated by perennial US agent in India>>@Swamy39 - more outcomes like KV Unnikrishnan ,Rabinder Singh in pipeline https://www.sundayguardianlive.com/inve ... efect-west

https://twitter.com/sarpamedha/status/1 ... 5551110144
This tweet by SuSu threatening RAW with a "Parliamentary oversight committee" should also be seen in the context of his running feud with Jetli and Modi appointed Hasmukh Adhia (he was the trusted Principal secy to Modi in Guj for much of his term as Guj CM).
Note the circumstances of how this rat ED officer Rajeswar Singh was pushed into ED as soon Modi came to power in 2014.
....After the NDA government came to power, Singh was promoted and absorbed in the ED on the orders of the SC. He is currently in-charge of investigation involving Chidambaram and his son Karti in the Aircel-Maxis deal case.

BJP MP Subramanian Swamy has been Singh’s supporter. On Tuesday, he said the “gang of four” at the finance ministry was trying to “intimidate” Rajeshwar to save Chidambaram. This “gang of four” is led by Gujarat-cadre IAS officer and Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia, Swamy said.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... y-5237883/
The reason the investigations into UPA2 corruptions are watered down and scutteled from the inside at the last minute is because many of them are being headed by the SC appointed officers with UPA guidance (we all know for whom the SC bats when the push comes to shove). SuSu by his perennial nature of running with the hare and hunting with the hounds is batting for the SC appointed Rajeswar Singh and targeting the topmost Modi lieutenants like Hasmukh Adhia.

The adverse report of RAW nailing the depredations of Rajeswar Singh has now prompted SuSu to go after RAW publicly with his Massa's old agenda for parliamentary oversight.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:54 pm

And all the congi, aaptards and so called Rwingers (or wannabe AAPtards) who think that SUSW episode is infighting within BJP and it will hurt BJP are highly mistaken. Those who are not voting bjp will not change their vote and those who support BJP will come more strongly for BJP (as they know, SUSW blurs the line between Modi and anti-Modi). By BJP voters she is only licked if she is with Namo and not when she is not. She is a useful villain, that only gets more sympathy, vote and commitment for BJP (discounting some Aaptards wannabe RWingers). This episode is + 1 for BJP/NAMO. The only blunder that NAMO can do is come in favor of SUSW on twitter, be silent or support 'free expression' (which he is doing btw).

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:05 pm

in tweet deleted in haste it appears Sushma Swaraj has got passport issued to Tanvi Seth trashing adverse police report and mocking all guidelines.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:40 pm

SSundar wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:05 am
CholaBhaturi wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:10 pm
The poll is not worth it. She has formatted it as "Agree or disagree with the 'trolls' ". Binary decision. There are no shades of gray here. Not even a "Do you agree I did the right thing or not?".
How exactly do you think she could have incorporated "shades of gray" in her polls? Have option of multiple responses?

Meantime Rajnath Singh gets on the case of trolls:
https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... j-5242743/

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Karthik wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:40 am
Compromising national security, wherein 7 crore illegals can apply passport little easier now VS inconvenience, delay. Which one is more important?
because people have not obtained passports from fake addresses before? :lol:

passport should not be used for address proof. It is something you renew every ten years. It should not ask for, or serve as address proof.

proof of citizenship (birth records etc) is all that should be needed for a passport.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:53 pm

one thing is for sure now, BJP is taking its social media supporters for a ride. This is in sharp contrast to AAP, congress and other parties where even petty supporters & idiots like Dhruv Rathee get RT from kejriwal, Rahul gandhi etc.
Now it is up to BJP SM warriors to decide if they still want to invest time & energy for a party which doesn't need their support, or put it in better place like family or career.
I note similar sentiments echoed across SM and some heavy weight handles going underground for same reason .

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:28 pm

https://twitter.com/WeUttarPradesh/stat ... 9444772875

it is official: Tanvi issued passport, police report trashed & Vikas Mishra transferred.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:37 pm

How the desh ka jamais (mis)use govt facilities

The guy is holidaying with his family.

In case you are wondering The Assam Rifles‏ @official_dgar

twitter
You are the chosen Son-in-Law..says Indian Babus Bible..seems Shri Anup Kumar Dubey,Commissioner CIT Delhi,is a true Believer..a Jt Secy level Offr @IncomeTaxIndia ..calls himself ‘Secretary’..requisitions @official_dgar resources through @HMOIndia for holidays with his family