The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
fanne
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by fanne » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:13 pm

For the AApians acting as oh so concerned BJP members and other assorted umrika based desis, please see the below poll. It has a huge base, very unscientific (as it online and the sample is not random), BUT, represent the crowd that most on BR will interact with....Please catch your lie or fear

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 324490.cms

it has a sample of 8.5 lakhs!!

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:38 pm

CholaBhaturi wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:31 pm
Those are some extremely distasteful tweets, and these people want that the govt. should be run in sync with their worldview? Not happening.
It's the internet. If you have thick skin, get off it.There will always be idiots. She should know better than play the victim card. And worse, the excuse of being out of India is lame.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:40 am

crams wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:21 pm
I just got back from desh, and from my lose interactions with friends and relatives, unscientific sample no doubt, it does seem BJP is losing its charm. Even some knowledgeable folks, those that discount this 'intolerance' BS, they ask what has been ModiJi's achievements on the economic front. I tried pointing out along the lines of this short video by Mohandas Pai, but it cut no ice. This is what worries me. ModiJi needs to do something big to regain the trust people had in him in 2014
With all due respect (if any as the case may be), these interactions could be useful to report only if:

- You asked these friends and relatives if they are going to vote for Modi

- If not voting for Modi, then for whom exactly

- You asked how India's strength as well as image today compares to UPA goremint in 2013

I asked similar questions last time but got no answer from you.

The last online opinion poll conducted by Times group (with 900,000 participants reading publications in 8 languages) gave Modi a 70+% approval. I am in India for 2-3 months a year in various places. I see huge support for Modi across all sections of society (mostly Hindus though). I don't interact much with the "peaceful" or "loving" sections and I assume most of them will vote for some "secular" clown.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:44 am

More importantly, not sure if swaraj madam will look into the issue or not, coz she spoke everything else other than this, but she has unblocked likes of zubair and other abusers from all opponent teams who abuse not just her but NM liberally. Not only that, she has blocked few RW handles such as skin doctor, who hasn't even abused her.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:47 am

^^BTW, since your post is clearly directed at mine, I have reported it to the moderator.

PS: I see that either you (or the moderator) have deleted that section of your post. Good!

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:56 am

^^ I deleted it as it would have derailed the more important issue now. BTW, that wasn't directed specifically at you. If it was, I would have quoted your post.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:04 am

arshyam wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:35 am
Vikas wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:26 pm
For some reason I still can't find any goodness in Jaitley's work nor any reason to elevate him to this important position except for personal favor by NM (As quoted on BRF during 2014-15). So we end up with Jobless growth, arrogance when it comes to taxes, mess in Public sector banks.
Jaitley could not even get the big shark like economic offenders behind bars.
Kindly do take a peek at the Econ thread on the old forum. Don't spread lies and canards. If you don't want to vote for NM in 2019 fine, but at least make that decision on facts. Otherwise there is no difference between your whining and the left-lib sickular whataboutery. The rest of us will get resigned to a pappu-led administration and all the horrors it will entail. Then you can gleefully step up and show the current crop who's the boss.
Vikas wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:38 pm
No I don't care about 370 or UCC or even Ram Mandir for now, but RTE, temple administration or banning Non Hindus from availing reservations could have been managed.
You might have seen that the BJP had the temple administration issue in their manifesto in the recent KA elections. How much buzz and support did that get them? Going by your emotions, BSY should have been firmly ensconced in the gaddi, but we all know what happened. My point is, yes there is a need for these reforms, is there a widespread political demand from the ground? Till that comes, we won't see parties clamouring for it. Whether we like it or not, that's the reality.

Secondly, I see a lot ostensibly passionate Hindus clamouring for temple adminstration reform, but almost no one suggests how to actually go about it. Living in our cities, we are happily oblivious to the fact that village temples in many villages stay out of bounds to certain communities (no, I am not talking about Brahmins excluding Dalits) and that's why there is no general across-the-board support for such reforms in the grassroots yet. All the Twitter and forum warriors could first think of addressing that first - as the (now late) Kanchi Shankaracharya put it, first we have to strengthen ourselves internally before taking on outside challenges. Along with that, come up with a format that will be equitable and representative so these temples don't end up in tugs or war.

To conclude, this is a valid issue, but the time for it clearly hasn't come yet, and there is a lot of work to do. Sitting at our laptops and blaming the current crop for their failures on issues they hadn't promised action on is not going to get it done. Concrete proposals, lobbying the right people, getting social acceptance are all more important.
Vikas wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:38 pm
Hell they could not even get Col Purohit or Sadvi Pragya out in first few months hiding behind 'Judicial' impropriety. For Hindu cause, there hasn't even been optics from NM govt.
Let's say NaMo simply opened their cells and released them, what prevented some legally inclined NGO from filing a PIL asking for a stay citing undue influence and further prejudicing the case against them? Will you take responsibility for such a consequence? Or say the congis come back and "discover new facts" or that there was no legal basis for their release and send them back in after having seen freedom for a short while?

Try to think before hyper-ventilating.
Arshyam Ji, Do you see the useless defense you are putting up with arrogance that I talked about. Just highlighting it.
Saffron on saffron violence is not my fav play, so am going to stop at it.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:46 am

Supratik wrote:Mamata in China may have been scuttled by the Indian Communists using their connections. Normally the Chinese are very business friendly.
I don't think the good for nothing Communist leadership of India (Yechuri, Karat, Daniel Raja etc.) have such a clout as to make the Chinese change the decision. The Chinese how ever would be able to make them dance like ballerinas on the Hoogly river bridge, if they wish to do so ;).
Pratyush wrote:I Delhi who ever I have spoken to it looking for a return to pre 2014 situation.
Can a sample from Delhi be able to succesfully prove that BJP and Modi would get booted out? Why ask this is because Delhi has been the regimental centre of folks having the entitlement mentality. Most of the folks out there would be associated with some ministry or other, and have been having a privileged existence all through their lives. Any thing which kind of reduces their wheeling & dealing opportunities would make them unhappy. For all you know Modi may be even considered a rank out sider by them, as he not from the typical Dilli-Billi areas.
chetak wrote:twitter - Comrade Visakh who painted an image denigrating Saraswati Devi is no more. He took the extreme step last week.
News is only partially correct. Visakh was one among the artists who did the painting and he commited suicide. He seems to be from a typical commie family, mother is the Panchayath President of one of the tiny Panchayaths in Kerala. Another "artist"; Visakh's college mate has now come up saying he too was involved in drawing this as part of his fight against "fasicism" and is still alive and kicking.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:29 am

Sachin wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:46 am
Can a sample from Delhi be able to succesfully prove that BJP and Modi would get booted out? Why ask this is because Delhi has been the regimental centre of folks having the entitlement mentality. Most of the folks out there would be associated with some ministry or other, and have been having a privileged existence all through their lives. Any thing which kind of reduces their wheeling & dealing opportunities would make them unhappy. For all you know Modi may be even considered a rank out sider by them, as he not from the typical Dilli-Billi areas.
Well, the only LS constituency in Delhi that has a lot of the "entitled" types is New Delhi ("Lutyens" area and environs). For that seat, the party also chose the right candidate in 2014 and probably will ticket her again.

The other parts of Delhi have large numbers of lower and middle income people who have been directly benefited by Modi's policies. Sure there will be some "dilli billi" types in pockets (esp. in South Delhi) but they are probably outnumbered by far.

Delhi will definitely vote for Modi in LS 2019. The situation for assembly elections is less clear, but AAP will certainly not get the huge majority it got last time.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:41 am

Dilli-Billi not only resides in Luytens Delhi but is scattered across country even upto village level.
Just that its name, face and hierarchy keeps changing.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:05 am

Sushma Swaraj becomes the latest victim of Internet trolling
"I was out of India from 17th to 23rd June 2018. I do not know what happened in my absence. However, I am honoured with some tweets. I am sharing them with you. So I have liked them," she wrote on Twitter while "liking" numerous tweets abusing her.
Then who forced the RPO at Lucknow to issue the passport without due diligence?? Does she not have the responsibility to explain this part?

And off course..
Ms. Swaraj, however, got support from some unlikely quarters. The official handle of the Congress tweeted in her favour. "No matter the situation or reason, nothing calls for threats of violence, disrespect & abuse. @SushmaSwaraj ji, we applaud your decision to call out the heinous trolls of your own party," the tweet read.

Is Sushma Swaraj also having some M/s Yeswant & Shatrughan Sinha type thoughts? ;) :). It was not very long ago that she was bracketed with the D-4 gang of BJP.

krisna
BGR Newbie

Post by krisna » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:20 am

Dumal wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:47 pm
"interfaith" couples.
Why are they called that if the woman needs to change her name? :roll:
Many of you know but for those who don't have much idea, please watch this youtube and facebook.
eyeopening stuff for many gullible non abrahamic faiths.
https://www.facebook.com/RajivMalhotra. ... 927531212/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahKeSqFT0Nk

Also spread it far and wide

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:28 am

this is exactly what the PDP set out to do and it succeeded.

twitter
Meanwhile, the BJP has lost the prestigious Thiksay constituency seat in Ladakh to Congress. Since the constitution of Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council in 1995, Congress had never won this seat

'Unfulfilled promises end BJP’s winning trail'

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:45 am

Sushma has blocked many heavy weight RW handles like rishi bagree, skin doctor etc. She has unblocked many even from Pakistan.
And what is modi saar achieving while this plays our and RW feel demoralized?
Eventually Sushma can't deny she bungled up and passport was quickly given to a suspect like lollypop without following proper procedure.
How many believe Sushma was not involved in the fracas?

Now hardly 9 months left for election, what is going to be the plank this time?

In 2014 it was Hindutva + development+ corruption crusader. This time Hindutva can't be touched even. Development is being countered and demolished by lutyens media as 'nothing has changed' for those who had some thing changed in life (Ujjawala, better roads, water, infra) will they come out and support BJP?

Re corruption: opposition is raking Nirav & Malya while none has been prosecuted. HC & SC are nicely pre empting any move by Swamy dada and Sonia & ilk remain beyond laws (even Teesta gets bail over phone midnight, forget Sonia).

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:30 pm

twitter
A muslim wedding invitation.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:00 pm

You know Sushma is the wrong person to be in office when INC starts supporting her.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... etaliation

As I've said from the start, both her and Jetli needed to be kept away like the plague. As calls in both cases by NM

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:40 pm

Shishir Bajpai@sbajpai2806

Nomura's EWI index is based on the past 50 financial crisis indicators, which are designed to warn of domestic credit and financial risks.
#TransformingIndia #NewIndia

India showed no signs of domestic, financial risks in 3 years: Nomura
India showed no signs of domestic, financial risks in 3 years: Nomura

India fared well on Nomura’s early warning indicators (EWI) index showing no signs of domestic or financial risks during the last three years. On the other hand, economies of China, Hong Kong, Japan, Canada and Australia threw up several warning signals between 2015-2017, said a Nomura report. The report also observed that emerging markets are much more vulnerable than developed markets with Asia being most risky, led by Hong Kong.
However, for China, the risk is subsiding. Nomura’s EWIs flash signals of potential financial crisis which could occur within the next 12 quarters. The analysis is based on the past 50 financial crisis indicators, which are designed to warn of domestic credit and financial risks, rather than balance of payments risk. In the EWI Index, India has been placed at par with developed countries like United States, United Kingdom, Sweden and France with zero crisis signal for three years ending 2017.
Nomura said that Hong Kong showed a maximum of 52 signals, followed by 33 in case of China and 21 for Thailand. As regards the other BRICS nations, Brazil shows 11 risk indicators, followed by Russia at 5 and South Africa at zero. BRICS is a grouping of 5 major emerging economies- Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:07 pm

EPS making moves. has jailed a bunch of assorted poralees.

EPS not to be underestimated. he has true mass base. he won in his constituency on unknown symbol when admk was split after MGR death.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:29 pm

chetak wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:30 pm
twitter
A muslim wedding invitation.

Never seen so many hearts on a single page. (sorry for digressing)

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:35 pm

Gus wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:07 pm
EPS making moves. has jailed a bunch of assorted poralees.

EPS not to be underestimated. he has true mass base. he won in his constituency on unknown symbol when admk was split after MGR death.
Also heard he is as dharmic as they come. He and OPS are frequent temples visitors as well. Saw a tweet saying AD and BC will be removed from tamil books.

Rudradev
BGR Newbie

Post by Rudradev » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:54 pm

Daamaad given 30 days to pay Rs. 25 Crore in I-T dept. note.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmHatcijFgI

It is only a drop in the bucket considering how much La Famiglia Sonia has looted from the Indian people. But it's a start!

Besides the much-deserved prosecution of Vadra's heinous crimes, there is an ancillary benefit. It also places a nice impediment to any bait-and-switch plans by nervous Mahathugbandhan to replace Rahul with Priyanka as their face for 2019.

It also makes sense that the action against Vadra was initiated only in July 2018. If Modi GOI had prosecuted Vadra in the first part of its tenure, La Famiglia Sonia would have thrown him under the bus, claimed total innocence, and used the remaining time (until 2019) to build a false narrative of victimhood for Priyanka... claiming that she was an innocent whose husband has been jailed for no fault of her own. This would have allowed time for the taint to fade, and for a sympathy wave to accumulate in her favour under a torrent of fake news.

Now they are $crewed. If La Famiglia Sonia publicly disavows Vadra at this point, it becomes clear that they're doing it only because association with him depletes their political capital so close to 2019. If they stick with Vadra, they risk going down with him.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:41 am

I am more amused by lack of support to chidu. Him son and wife are all under heat, but no sound from family. Surely chidu has critical info on them right?

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:38 am

crams wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:21 pm

I just got back from desh, and from my lose interactions with friends and relatives, unscientific sample no doubt, it does seem BJP is losing its charm. Even some knowledgeable folks, those that discount this 'intolerance' BS, they ask what has been ModiJi's achievements on the economic front. I tried pointing out along the lines of this short video by Mohandas Pai, but it cut no ice. This is what worries me. ModiJi needs to do something big to regain the trust people had in him in 2014
Saar, Modi jis core vote bank does not discuss rational politics with aam abduls like us and I hope most of them are immune to the media and other rants. These are the poor, lower middle class, women and the small townies. They are the wise ones who made the difference in 2014 and will continue in 2019. It may be an uphill battle in 2019 but the opposition has made it easier for them to choose with their maha-thugbandhan unless someone is deliberately blind. The alliances like SS could play the big spoil sports more than the voters which needs to be put into place by AS.

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:08 am

MEA must apologise for l'affaire Vikas Mishra

The action against the Lucknow passport officer was a hasty reckless decision taken by an establishment playing to the gallery to appease the pseudo-secular elite of the country, the Lutyens Delhi lobby intent on discrediting the Hindu identity, and an action that blatantly violated the basic tenets of justice, argues Vivek Gumaste.

Political Correctness is the prevailing mantra of our current times; an informal social code with no legal sanction, nevertheless an all-consuming and powerful diktat that has the unrestrained capacity to make or break the career of a person in the wink of an eye.

Carried away by the strong and infectious tides of political correctness and acutely intimidated by its overbearing influence to enforce conformity to an arbitrary dominant social norm, individuals in authority are coerced into acting in a knee-jerk fashion, and prompted to make decisions that skirt the basic tenets of ethical rectitude and throw due process to the winds.

The case of Vikas Mishra, the Lucknow passport officer in the eye of a storm for allegedly making politically incorrect statements to a Hindu woman who had converted to Islam to marry a Muslim man is a classic example of how due process and justice can get sidelined by this social stipulation.

But first, certain details of the case: Tanvi Seth married Mohammad Anas Siddiqui and changed her name to 'Shadia Anas' as per her nikahnama (Islamic marriage contract).

She alleged that she was harassed at the Lucknow passport office by an officer named Vikas Mishra; an occurrence that she narrated in a 5-part tweet to External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj (parts reproduced below):

'@SushmaSwaraj hello ma'am I type this tweet with immense faith in justice and in you and ironically with a lot of anger/hurt and agony in my heart because of the way I was treated at the Lucknow passport office at Ratan Square by Mr. Vikas Mishra the reason because I married a Muslim and not changed my name ever.'

'He spoke to me very rudely and was loud enough for others to hear while discussing my case. I have never felt so harassed ever before.'

'The other workers at the office acknowledged his rude demeanor, Ma'am I never ever imagined that in a place like passport office we would have a people who are moral policing the citizens'

'It is my personal choice to choose a name I want to after marriage. This is our family matter and last thing I expected to hear at the passport office was it is your duty to change your name after marriage.'

'The person who spoke to my husband later said if your wife's case would have come to me there wouldn't have been issues because her papers are complete.'

Building on this narrative, her husband Mohammed Anas Siddiqui told News18.com that Mishra not only humiliated him and his wife over the issuing of passports, but made remarks that can only be termed as bigoted (external link).

'When he read the spouse's name as Mohammed Anas Siddiqui, he started shouting at her and said that she should not have married me. He said that I will have to convert to Hinduism else my marriage won't be accepted. He asked, You have to take the pheras and get converted to our religion, will you do so?'

Disturbed by the tweet and the buzz created on social media, the ministry of external affairs swung into prompt action: Within 24 hours Vikas Mishra was transferred, issued a show cause notice and the passports were delivered to the complainants.

Regional Passport Officer Peeyush Verma expressed regret over the matter and surmised: 'Religion of the applicant does not matter at all while applying for a passport.'

I fully agree. No one can have an argument with this remark.

But the disturbing aspect is, did religion play a role in this unsavoury episode in the form of reverse discrimination?

Were the authorities too quick to transfer Vikas Mishra, and did the fact that he was a Hindu ranged against a Muslim couple contribute to this knee-jerk reaction?

Would they have exhibited the same alacrity if the official happened to be a non-Hindu?

Was this a case of misplaced political correctness that trumped the concept of due process and justice for all?

These are some troubling questions that boggle the mind.

At the outset this episode has impropriety by the establishment written all over it.

For one, official action was not the consequence of a proper investigation.

Punitive action and corrective measures, while prompt, preceded the investigation and not the other way around as should be the case.

The cardinal rule is that a person is innocent until found guilty.

Moreover, Vikas Mishra was not given a chance to explain his version, which came later via news interviews and a response to the show cause notice. <?p>

The whole concept of due process was turned on its head.

Finally, Vikas Mishra's version came to light after he had been transferred and the passports issued. Please read this report (external link) from the Hindustan Times’s Lucknow edition of June 24. Strangely this report does not appear in the Delhi edition:

'In reply to the notice that was served to him after a controversy on June 20, senior assistant in the passport office Vikas Mishra has denied all allegations levelled against him by an inter-faith couple Tanvi Seth and her husband Anas Siddiqui.

'According to sources, in his reply, Mishra has pointed out that the objections he raised while cross-examining Tanvi Seth's documents were valid.

'According to passport officials, Mishra also pointed out that Tanvi Seth did not want to endorse her other name Shadia Anas in the passport form which is mandatory.

'Shadia Anas is the name mentioned in Tanvi Seth's nikahnama.

'Mishra has said in his reply that Tanvi Seth levelled the allegations when her documents were forwarded to the assistant passport officer for clearance.

'According to passport officials, Mishra's objections were in accordance with the law and had he not objected or overlooked gaps in Tanvi Seth's documents, it would have been a gross anomaly on his part.

'Moreover, information has surfaced about irregularities of address and name (Lucknow address given while the couple live in Noida, and differing names on different ID cards) in the application filed by Tanvi Seth.

'There is also a question about her being denied a H1-B visa. These details must be scrutinised in the interest of national security.'

It appears from this report that Vikas Mishra had acted appropriately and according to the rules. As it stands, Vikas Mishra's guilt has not been confirmed.

One can only conclude from this train of events that this was a case of hastily enacted political correctness designed to appease an irate complainant at the cost of due process, justice and national security, with religion being a dangerous catalyst.

This lends credence to the charge that Hindus can be discriminated against in an overwhelmingly Hindu majority country -- a warped consequence of Nehruvian secularism that dominated India for the last 70 years and the vestiges of which linger on even under a supposedly pro-Hindu government, and the suffocating environment nurtured by Lutyens Delhi.

I have great respect for Ms Swaraj and greatly admire her for adding that all important compassionate touch to this BJP government. She has undoubtedly performed exceedingly well in the duties of her ministry.

But at a time when the BJP is being unjustly targeted by its enemies and finds itself being viewed with increasing scepticism by its own core constituency of not safeguarding the legitimate (I repeat legitimate, not unjustifiable majoritarian influence) rights of Hindus, whether it be in Kashmir, Kerala or West Bengal, this present action by her ministry cannot be justified morally, legally or administratively.

In conclusion, this was a hasty reckless decision by an establishment playing to the gallery to appease the pseudo-secular elite of the country, the Lutyens Delhi lobby intent on discrediting the Hindu identity, and an action that blatantly violated the basic tenets of justice.

Taking cognisance also of the crucial timing of this incident that can have far-reaching electoral impact on the fortunes of her party, not only must Sushma Swaraj apologise for depriving an individual of due process in a democracy but must accept responsibility for this disastrous, unethical faux pas.

Vivek Gumaste is a US-based academic, political commentator and the author of My India: Musings of a Patriot.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:46 am

^^ I think it's a bit patronising to say these people were wise to vote Modi in.

Let's not forget these were the same people that booted Vajpayee out and installed an Italian woman as PM for 10 years. These were the same "wise" people that voted for the Gandhi's for 70 years.