The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
JohnTitor
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07 am

The fool was done the minute he won by a landslide.

With such a thumping majority, the next election was going to be less savory no matter what he did. He could have tried but his track record of not accomplishing anything in life meant that he wouldn't start now. In spite of all the drama, there are idiots who will vote for him. Even God cannot save hose people.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:49 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:05 pm
Serves her right. Hopefully such parents will learn from her stupidity, but I suspect greed will prevail in such cases.
Father of the boy, Ankit Saxena, is in the same boat. Trying non-stop to milk the death of his only son by getting into good books of Islamists and Sickulars. Hosted an 'Iftaar' at his home. Shameless morons. They don't understand that their use is only use and throw. If they were Muslims however, they would have gotten monetary benefits by all & sundry.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:15 am

Indrad wrote:Gogoi is tipped to be next CJI.
How is the next CJI decided? Does the current one nominate his successor and then retire? Or is it based on some concepts of seniority (elevation date to CJI in SC etc.).
Drama queen Kejriwal had to call off his dharna at LG;s office after HC Delhi admonished him. In no time after court observation entire entourage of AAP vanished from LG office citing health and miscellaneous reasons.
The "secular" news papers are spinning a story that Kejriwal has support of n number of other CMs (the usual lot, Mamta Banerjee, Pinarayi Vijayan et.al) and that GoI is buckling under pressure. Their story might have succeeded but then the court came down really harsh to Kejriwal :lol:. Now looks like some peace formula is being worked out with Kejri even assuring safety & protection for the IAS officers.
JohnTitor wrote:He could have tried but his track record of not accomplishing anything in life meant that he wouldn't start now. In spite of all the drama, there are idiots who will vote for him. Even God cannot save hose people.
Khujliwal is also not happy that in MCD elections the BJP folks trounced the AAP. With such a situation he knows that AAP winning the next time in New Delhi is pretty much an impossibility. But his drama still keeps the "secular" main stream media happy, so he gets some media attention.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:19 am

Karnataka politics..
1.Got Rahul's approval for full budget: HDK. Looks like Kumaraswamy is a puppet with the Congress actually making an MMS out of him ;).
2.People junked my govt’s programmes: Siddaramaiah.“People rejected our (Congress) government. They did not accept our programmes,” he told reporters. But that did not stop them from using JD(S) as a Shikandi and then rule by proxy.
3.Jayachandra too aspirant for KPCC top post.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:16 am

Hot news. Can ANI be relied upon ???
BJP ends alliance with PDP in J-K
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday pulled out of alliance with Mehbooba Mufti's People Democratic Party(PDP) in Jammu and Kashmir.
BJP General Secretary Ram Madhav, while addressing a press conference, announced, "We have taken a decision, it is untenable for BJP to continue in alliance with PDP in Jammu and Kashmir, hence we are withdrawing."

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:55 am

Sachin wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:16 am
Hot news. Can ANI be relied upon ???
BJP ends alliance with PDP in J-K
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday pulled out of alliance with Mehbooba Mufti's People Democratic Party(PDP) in Jammu and Kashmir.
BJP General Secretary Ram Madhav, while addressing a press conference, announced, "We have taken a decision, it is untenable for BJP to continue in alliance with PDP in Jammu and Kashmir, hence we are withdrawing."
Looks so. It's on toilet paper too.

But this is a case of too little too late. Nevertheless, better late than never.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:14 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:55 am
But this is a case of too little too late. Nevertheless, better late than never.
Not at all. Well thought out actions. It is excellent timing....no room for horse trading/new alliances/bids for goremint formation. Guvnor's rule till LS 2019 is the best way to ensure a good election result in J&K. Meanwhile BJP has taken all the required time to fulfil the development promises where they are welcome (i.e. in Jammu and Ladakh region).

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:27 pm

I feel that, if this is done, it will silence more than Chidambaram. Cutting Personal Income Tax rates or increasing exemptions will put money directly into the hands of the NOTA middle class and boost consumption that will show up in the GDP numbers 2-3 quarters from now. This can kill all the MahaThugBandhans and put control back in MAD's hands.

Silencing Chidambaram: Why A Rs 13,000 Crore Tax Cut Is Better Than A Re 1 Cut In Fuel Prices

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 pm

^^

I agree, the timing is perfect right now. If there is also action against Pakis and terrorists within the next few days, it will boost the BJP profile enormously. There is no point in carrying on with PDP as they have clearly worked against Indian interests. With the anger in the public - both in J&K and the rest of the country - at a boiling point over the terror acts, it works very well to defuse some of that angst as the focus is shifted. The BJP can now say - we tried all peaceful approaches including for the first time in 17 yrs a ceasefire during Ramzan, and when nothing seemed to work and things only worsening, we had no other options. Thus, it is good for optics as well, IMHO.

Now one can hope that the direct rule will result in better management of the terrorist menace both internal and external.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:11 am

(1) I was banned for 15 days

(2) Maharashtra Government plans to take over Shani Shingnapur temple

(3) Mr Rajesh Jain, former RSS-campaigner puts a proposal to "distribute" wealth coming from minerals and public land in people of India

-----

(1) I was banned by admins for 15 days. I dont think reason can be spamming or trolling because my post count is below 7 per WEEK, i.e. below 1 post per day. So you guys can speculate the reasons

----------

(2) Maharashtra Government plans to take over Shani Shingnapur temple
https://rightlog.in/2018/06/maharashtra ... temple-01/

Maharashtra Government plans to take over Shani Shingnapur temple

Shani Shingnapur is a popular place of worship in Maharashtra, which several Hindus visit every day. The presiding deity in Shani Shingnapur is Lord Shani. Now, the Maharashtra government plans to take over the place. Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis said, “In the state Assembly, we had promised a law for transparency in the temple trust management. It’s a popular religious destination in India, so it requires facilities and management of that level”. The Government wants to create a special legislation for Shani Shingnapur temple on the lines of the Mahalakshmi temple of Kolhapur, Maharashtra. Surprisingly spokesperson of Shani Shingnapur trust, Anil Darandale said they are not aware of any such proposal. According to the proposal after the takeover of the temple Shani Shingnapur temple trust will have to report to the law and judiciary department of the state just like Siddhivinayak temple trust and the Shirdi Sai Sansthan trust. A chief officer will be also appointed to look into the daily administration of the temple. Staffs will be of the temple trust, chairperson, deputy chairperson and trustees will be appointed by the state government. .... ....
The above step taken by RSS-leader Devendra Ghazini (aka David fadnavis) is imo supported Kalkipurush Tritiya Sri Modiji, BJP leader Mohan Bhagwat and all RSS-workers across India. But if you have any proof that Modiji is opposing is this step or whether N out 40 lakh RSS-workers are opposing this step, then pls post those proof. So this proves my allegation that RSS-workers, Modiji etc want to loot and control Hindu temples.

In hindsight, Mahmood Ghazini was foolish. Instead of burning down temples, he should have taken over management and used donation money for expansion of his armies and islam.

-----

(3) Prominent philianthropist Rajesh Jain moots a proposal to distribute wealth from minerals and public land in commons of India

IIT Mumbai almuni and a prominent campaigner for RSS = BJP during may-2014 election has started a new political venture named as Nayi Disha at https://www.nayidisha.com. I am NOT connected with this nonsense in anyway.

But one of the proposal he has put is interesting. Mr. Rajesh Jain, says that India has natural resources and public land worth Rs 50 lakhs per Indian citizen. And this money should be given back to people of India !! How? I did NOT see any law-draft that implements this "dhan vapasi" on his website. And so imo, he is not at all sincere with his proposal.
Since I arrived on BRF in around year 2000 AD, I have been publicizing a proposal that mineral royalty and land rent from govt plots should be equally divided and deposited in the accounts of us 135 crore commons of India. And over 100 out of 99 BRFites have opposed this proposal since year 2000 AD and called it barindead communist leftist nonsense. Now I will see what comments BRFites will make in public on Mr. Rajesh Jain's proposal.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:33 am

Primus wrote:I agree, the timing is perfect right now. If there is also action against Pakis and terrorists within the next few days, it will boost the BJP profile enormously.
From what I saw in social media, there is a perception that if it is Governor's rule, the Army would be given a carte blance to go after the terrorists. The trolls making fun of the bad situation the Houris (each Jehadi gets 72 virgins, mind it) are about to face are way too many. So either the perception needs to be corrected, or the security forces should be seen as clearly having the edge. From what I read in the media Ajit Doval (NSA) had given a briefing to Amit Shah before the decision to pull out of the government was made. Which means that there are intelligence inputs to justify such a move, and perhaps the intelligence agencies would also have a plan (which they felt would only work if PDP and Mehbooba Mufti are sent back home).

Added later: Yes, it is the Governor's rule (https://www.deccanherald.com/national/g ... 75882.html).

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:14 am

What happened moments before BJP announced exit from alliance with PDP in J&K
When the BJP was preparing to make public its decision of exiting the alliance with the PDP in J&K in New Delhi, Mehbooba Mufti was at the civil secretariat in Srinagar. Then a phone call changed it all.

It was a normal working day for Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Tuesday (June 19) until a phone call that changed the course of politics in Jammu and Kashmir forever. Mehbooba Mufti was in her office attending files as usual unaware of the fact that the government she was heading in the state is about to be toppled.

When the BJP was preparing to make public its decision of exiting the alliance with the PDP in J&K in New Delhi, Mehbooba Mufti was at the civil secretariat in Srinagar. Governor N N Vohra called Chief Secretary B B Vyas asking him to arrange a call with Mehbooba. By the time it was clear that her maiden term as CM of Jammu and Kashmir is about to end abruptly.

According to secretariat officials privy of the events, Governor Vohra informed Mehbooba about the BJP's decision to end the alliance with PDP. BJP state president Ravinder Raina had conveyed the governor about the decision in a letter along with the resignation letters of the BJP ministers.

Mehbooba, 59, listened to the news in silence, and after a pause said there was no need for talks with the BJP and she would be submitting her resignation, the officials said.

Soon after, BJP leader Ram Madhav told the media about his party's decision to end the three-year-old fractious alliance with the PDP.

But what led the BJP to pull out of the J&K government?

What led to the withdrawal of the support by the BJP? According to the information available with India TV, there were five reasons behind it:

1. PDP's soft approach towards terrorists

The BJP was not comfortable with Mehbooba's soft approach towards terrorists operating in the Valley. Mehbooba's denial of green signal to the Army for the commencement of military operations against the terrorists is believed to be the biggest reason behind rhe BJP's withdrawal of support.

According to information available with India TV, the Indian Army had identified the terrorists who had killed 44 RR jawan Aurangzeb. The Army had also got information about their location. However, Mehbooba refused permission to an operation against the killers of Aurangzeb, saying it will be difficult to tackle the aftermath of the encounter.

2. Mehbooba's denial of permission for "Search and Destroy Operation" of Army after Shujaat Bukhari's murder

Mehbooba had also reortedly refused permission for "Search and Destroy Operation" of the Army after the Killing of Shujaat Bukhari, the editor of "The Rising Kashmir".

It is believed that the Army had the information about the killers of Shujaat Bukhari. The central govt wanted to seal/cordon downtown srinagar and carry out search and destroy operations, for which Mehbooba did not give permission.

3. Mehbooba's reluctance for deployment of additional forces for upcoming Amarnath yatra

It is believed that Mehbooba Mufti was not in favour of deployment of additional forces for the upcoming Amarnath yatra in the state despite the fact that the central agencies had strong inputs regarding terrorists' plans to target the yatra.

There were plans for deploying Army personnel and 20 additional battalions of the CRPF on the entire Amarnath yatra route. However, Mehboba did not give the permission for the same.

4. Mehbooba stopped sharing intelligence reports with central agencies, Army

Of late, Mehbooba Mufti government had stopped sharing state intelligence reports with the central agencies, including Indian Army which had further deteriorated PDP's relations with the BJP.

5. Failure to maintain law and order in state

The BJP was unhappy with Mehbooba for not controlling law and order in thew state. Almost a month back, a message was sent by the Centre to her that the law and order situation was spiralling out of control and that she should take measures to control it. However, she turned a blind eye to the advice.
https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/world- ... ent-448290

gablu
BGR Newbie

Post by gablu » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:01 am

http://www.opindia.com/2016/01/rohiths- ... -politics/

Rohith’s father blows the lid over his caste, says his son was “murdered”, attacks vulture politics

Rohith Vemula’s unfortunate suicide has become a hot topic of debate in India. It has been spun into a political battle of Dalits vs Non-Dalits. Politicians like Arvind Kejriwal and Rahul Gandhi spared no time to extract maximum mileage out of this event. The story is intriguing because there are far too many loopholes in the story. One such loop hole being Rohith’s caste.

Now, a Telugu News channel claims to have spoken to Rohith’s father and the details emerging from the interview are shocking. Rohith’s father has raised several important issues and made some very grave allegations.

Firstly he claims both he and his wife (Rohith’s mother) are from the Veddera caste and are not Mala of Madigas (SC or ST). This flies in the face of earlier reports which claimed that although Rohith’s father was a Veddera, his mother was a Dalit (SC or ST) and hence Rohith chose his mother’s caste after her separation from her husband.

Do you even know what caste Vemula belongs to? We are Vedderas. Show me in which constitution does Vadders fall into SC. We are BCs. We are not Mala or Madigas (SC or STs). At the end of the day we are all Indians. I want justice of my son’s murder. I never had any fight with my son. That is all media’s doing. I dont know where his mother’s SC certificate has come from. We are not SCs. We are BCs

Even a probe by the cops is now leading in the same direction. The police investigation has reportedly turned up proof that both parents of Vemula belonged to the stone-cutting caste of Vadera, which is an Other Backward Class and not Dalit. An official has said:

“We have found that neither of Rohith Vemula’s parents belongs to the SC/ST community, though they managed to get a certificate in Guntur stating that they belong to the scheduled Mala community. We are now investigating how they managed to get the certificate.”

Next, Rohith’s father expressed his anguish over the politicians crowding over his son’s dead body:

After my son is dead why should i come to Hyderbad? Should I come for Jagan or Rahul Gandhi. They killed my son. I want judicial enquiry.

He also claims that the family was not poor and had enough money:

We have enough money. He did not die for money. He was born and bought up in money. It was never an issue. Since I did not like the company he was keeping he used to talk to his mom and his brother more than me.

In the above statement, Rohith’s father is also seen saying that he disliked the company Rohith kept. Although he has not named anyone, is it a attack on SFI and ASA, of which Rohith was a part? This is very much in line with what Rohith said in his suicide note. It is now revealed that some portions of the note were cancelled, which indicted SFI and ASA. The paragraph read:

“ASA, SFI, anything and everything exist for their own sake. Seldom the interest of a person and these organisations match.”

Below the cancelled portion, there appears to be a sign of Rohith accepting that he cancelled the same. Did Rohith actually strike this off? Of his own volition? Was he forced? Why did he write such things in the first places? Was it done by some miscreants? Who would benefit from striking these parts out? All these matters are being investigated. The truth will only come out then.

Further, Rohith’s father said that his son was murdered for political gains and it was clearly not suicide. He had a string of abuses for some unnamed people who he blamed for his son’s “murder”:

This is being done for political gains by some b**stds. They killed my son for it. They want to instigate communal riots in this country. He was murdered. Not suicide. I want judical enquiry. They killed my son. Not police. I want justice. Not money. Not job. Don’t do politics over my son’s death.

The grieving father also revealed that Rohith’s original name until his schooling was Mallik Chakravarthy and that everyone in their village used to fondly call him as Mallayya. He father expressed his angst at Rohith’s suicide and said that his son is not such a coward to commit suicide and demanded a thorough enquiry.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 am

^
Nothing surprises me any more. These guys would kill their mothers for political gain.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:04 am

sanjayC wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:14 am
What happened moments before BJP announced exit from alliance with PDP in J&K
When the BJP was preparing to make public its decision of exiting the alliance with the PDP in J&K in New Delhi, Mehbooba Mufti was at the civil secretariat in Srinagar. Then a phone call changed it all.
https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/world- ... ent-448290
While I like Rajat Sharma, he is too politically correct and holds his punches, much better, IMHO is Sudhir Chaudhary (see below)

Here, he (Sudhir Chaudhary) presents an excellent analysis of the turnaround in J&K politics and a detailed accounting of all of the above. He also talks about the whole Kashmir issue wrt the UN resolutions. Rarely have I seen such candid reporting on Indian television. From 21.00 onwards he talks mainly of the history of the Kashmir conflict as it really happened. He mentions Nehru's idiocy in taking it to the UN at a time when the Indian army was on the verge of getting rid of the last elements of the Paki infiltrators from POK. He also refers to the well known writings of Christine Fair and her even better thrashing of a Paki moron during a live conference. It is a must watch for anyone who wants to know the history of Kashmir and has been fed lies all his life by the Indian and International media.

Unfortunately it is in Hindi.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Primus wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:04 am
Here, he (Sudhir Chaudhary) presents an excellent analysis of the turnaround in J&K politics and a detailed accounting of all of the above. He also talks about the whole Kashmir issue wrt the UN resolutions. Rarely have I seen such candid reporting on Indian television. From 21.00 onwards he talks mainly of the history of the Kashmir conflict as it really happened. He mentions Nehru's idiocy in taking it to the UN at a time when the Indian army was on the verge of getting rid of the last elements of the Paki infiltrators from POK.

[youtube_]PckQOEwM7S4[/youtube_]
War started on 26 Oct.1947, UN was approached in Jan 1948, the ceasefire happened in Dec/Jan 48/49, or about 1 year after UN was approached, so Sudhir Chaudhary needs to brush up on his knowledge of history. The war continued long after UN resolutions were passed, there was no immediate ceasefire.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:59 pm

Gov. Vohra may continue till end of Amarnath Yatra. There are rumours that the new Gov could be a retired Sr. Army officer.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:18 pm

CholaBhaturi wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:44 pm
Primus wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:04 am
Here, he (Sudhir Chaudhary) presents an excellent analysis of the turnaround in J&K politics and a detailed accounting of all of the above. He also talks about the whole Kashmir issue wrt the UN resolutions. Rarely have I seen such candid reporting on Indian television. From 21.00 onwards he talks mainly of the history of the Kashmir conflict as it really happened. He mentions Nehru's idiocy in taking it to the UN at a time when the Indian army was on the verge of getting rid of the last elements of the Paki infiltrators from POK.

[youtube_]PckQOEwM7S4[/youtube_]
War started on 26 Oct.1947, UN was approached in Jan 1948, the ceasefire happened in Dec/Jan 48/49, or about 1 year after UN was approached, so Sudhir Chaudhary needs to brush up on his knowledge of history. The war continued long after UN resolutions were passed, there was no immediate ceasefire.
Thank you, I have not verified the details myself, so will respect your version of it. Perhaps you can email or write to him? It would be important to correct people who are on the side of the truth, regardless of how much we would like it to 'look good' for us.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:51 pm

UN resolution was "adopted" in Jan 1949 but drafted earlier.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:26 pm

+ I guess the people questioning the "immoral" alliance of BJP with PDP can shut up now. Is INC-JDS alliance unholy or nawt ?

+ A slap for the morons in the "UNHRC"...."jihadi rights violations by Indian Army in Cashmere, you say?? Oh look, there gonna be lots more where that came from!"

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 666481.cms

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Basically no one thought of ceasefire when massacres of Hindus and Sikhs in Mirpur, Poonch were happening or when Pakistan was about to capture Ladakh. Only after loss of Zoji La and Pakistan was was getting kicked out did the British who organised the Gligit rebellion used thier influence with Nehru to get a ceasefire.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:36 pm

^

Actually, just a quick search suggests that the answer to the question 'Did Nehru commit a blunder by taking the Kashmir issue to the UN prematurely', or to rephrase it, 'Would India have won POK if Nehru hadn't gone to the UN?", is not as straightforward. There seems to be significant controversy depending upon whose opinion you read.

Does anybody have a reliable source for this? I am going to check my own references, but would be interesting to know what the experts here think, and I know this is OT for this particular thread.

vishvak
BGR Member

Post by vishvak » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Some reasons, other than Indian interests, given
https://thediplomat.com/2017/03/who-is- ... n-dispute/
  • Colonial such as great game against Russia
  • Outright religious i.e. for muslims
  • Preserving legacy of British explorers
It was a well planned operation to hand over territory to Pakis and local nationalist leader was thrown in jail too. A lot of mess in one place when Indians were about to win over 'irregular' armed men i.e. mixture of tribal jihadis (who were promised Hindu women as loot of war) and Pakis (promised territory) as usual.

It's strange how 'international' factors created mess. Even in Kargil war though the Indian side didn't cross LoC then paki P.M. went to USA for ceasefire.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:38 pm

Wiki is pretty accurate in this case. India would have won if the war had continued as IA was better organized.

vishvak
BGR Member

Post by vishvak » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Surprisingly Wikipedia has some info about perfidious pukis arranging and arming tribals as well. Wild wild west mentality to fore.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pa ... ar_of_1947
All the talk of plebiscite etcetera including human Rights and so on were, as still are, only after genociding Hindus.