The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
la.khan
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by la.khan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Sachin wrote: The Indian National Congress is just remaining in this shape due to its allegiance with the Nehru-Ghandi dynasty. The moment Nehru-Ghandis lose their clout, that is the end of this party. The party does not have any pan-India 2nd level of leadership who can actually run the ship. The Congress strategy of aligning with state level tiny parties, I feel is going to be a big shot at its own legs.
Sachin,

That is a key factor most Gandhi dynasty media slaves overlook. The INC, at the time of independence had the frame and a support system that was spread across the length and breadth of the country. The freedom movement brought INC lot of visibility and goodwill amongst the general public. They cashed in on these for decades of their political existence. Beginning IG, they let the next rungs go to seed; that seems to have caught on. RG, MQ, RaGa never arrested the decline but seems to have accelerated it.

Come GE2019, maha-thug-bandhan or not, most of the burden of campaigning for Cong(I)s falls on the shoulders of RaGa, for the simple reason there is nobody else. He has to convince voters in more than 250 LS constituencies to vote against the NaMo/BJP/NDA. Look at the electoral results of last 15+ elections where RaGa spear headed the Cong(I) challenge to know what a Himalayan task that is (in the face of withering INC).

Now compare that with what BJP/NDA will bring to bear in GE2019 - AS + NaMo + 2nd rung BJP leadership backed by the RSS :twisted:

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:04 pm

Primus ji, my wife had a very similar experience there. she was there with her father and she still remembers the experience with horror.

triank ji, thanks.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:23 pm

^

And this is in the heart of the Capital! Imagine in a small town in UP with the majority population being Muslim. Hindu women would NEVER be able to walk through those areas. The reverse is no problem, and that is the problem!

gablu
BGR Newbie

Post by gablu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:39 pm

No.1 trending in Twitter India

#AccordingToRahulGandhi

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Primus wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:55 pm
The one sentence he speaks about local ghettos: "If anybody has any doubt, go with your wife/mother to one of these places and see what happens".
This should be the test of sickularism administered to the sickulars.
I once posted the same thing on twitter. Except one retweet from a BRF poster, I got no response.
At some point of time, some pissed off guy who suffered at the hands of the mullahs will take one of these secularists and leave them in the middle of a ghetto and see if he/she walks out alive.

dipakp
BGR Newbie

Post by dipakp » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:23 pm

Primus wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:53 pm
^

Dipak Ji, my Hindi is very rusty - have not written or read anything in it for years although we speak it at home all the time. Urdu was never good. But language is one thing you can easily recollect thankfully.

This guy writes very well indeed. His FB page is quite interesting, and led me to a whole treasure trove of other writers, of course in Hindi. It takes me quite an effort to read it all and understand it, slow going, but brilliant nevertheless. The other guy I discovered is Atul Kumar Rai who is also very talented.

Thanks for sharing. His post on Bharat Niyati is also quite thought provoking.
Saar - you did a pretty good job of translation, despite your claim that your HIndi is rusty.
I have read few of his articles, and he brings an impressive way of conveying same viewpoint, often gives good arguments.
I have not read Atul Rai, will try reading him.
'Bharat Niyati' is really good.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:59 pm

if you want to see real intolerance go to T/L of Atul Kochhar, he is Michelin starring chef of Indian origin working in a 5 star hotel in Dubai (JW Marriott). He called spade a spade.
ever since Mullahs are after him, baying for his blood, from across globe they r tagging Dubai police and whom not to arrest and crucify him.
This is how they treat minority where ever they are in majority.

suryag
BGR Newbie

Post by suryag » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:33 am

Folks - i think NaMo's victory in 2019 is secured pakka, why ? because we are leaving India before start of 2019. We were outside when 2014 happened and past three years starting demo we have been in india, hope achhe din come for NaMo and bharatvarsh now that we are leaving :rotfl:

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:01 am

la.khan wrote:That is a key factor most Gandhi dynasty media slaves overlook. The INC, at the time of independence had the frame and a support system that was spread across the length and breadth of the country.
I am bit worried on another aspect. That is the longetivity of Indian Union in its present form. Once upon a time INC was okay to have India in its current form, provided the Nehru-Ghandi clan could rule the country like how Queen Victoria/Elizabeth etc. rule UK. Now the Nehru-Ghandi clan knows that people have smelt the coffee and they cannot be the Viceroys of India. Ever since So.Ga took over INC, looks like the next plan is to actually cause mayhem in the country and loot the nation in all possible means. They know things are not going to run the same way, so loot and damage the country permenantly. So they may not have problems in allowing state-level looters to join them; after all the idea is to damage India by all means. And perhaps leave it to another group of colonisers who can then rebuild India, in a way they please.
Primus wrote:Imagine in a small town in UP with the majority population being Muslim. Hindu women would NEVER be able to walk through those areas. The reverse is no problem, and that is the problem!
Such places exist in every mid-sized town to cities all across India. To be brutally honest, the government machineries (at the state level) generally are $hit-scared of the peacefools. That is the truth, and it is better we accept that fact. In Bengaluru I have seen posters taunting the traffic police to conduct traffic enforcement drives in certain areas (the commentors actually give them areas and even street names). The police maintains a stoic silence.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:06 am

Mean while, after making a startling revelation that Coca Cola started off by making lime juice, Rahul Ghandi is all set to make a visit to the Bhiwandi court room.

And in Karnataka, G.T Deve Gowda hopes that C.M Kumaraswami would change his portfolio, where as Mr. Swami is mum on the issue. Mean while M.B Patil who is now sulking feels that some course correction would come from the Congress side. M.B Patil is said to have a backing of around 15-20 MLAs who can scuttle the government with ease.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:53 am

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:27 am

Meanwhile at the Bhiwandi court - RSS defamation case: Rahul Gandhi pleads 'not guilty' .
As the Member of Parliament from Amethi took the stand in the witness box, the Magistrate read out the charges against him. “You have defamed the complainant’s organisation and have said ‘RSS ke logon ne goli maari aur sardar patel ne likha hain.’ Therefore, the reputation of the complainant and the organisation was harmed under section 499 and section 500',” the Magistrate said.

To this, Mr. Gandhi said, “I do not plead guilty.”

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:56 am

What new drama Kejriwal has started with dharna outside LG's house.

Raj Malhotra
BGR Newbie

Post by Raj Malhotra » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:50 pm

la.khan wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:24 pm
Sachin wrote: The Indian National Congress is just remaining in this shape due to its allegiance with the Nehru-Ghandi dynasty. The moment Nehru-Ghandis lose their clout, that is the end of this party. The party does not have any pan-India 2nd level of leadership who can actually run the ship. The Congress strategy of aligning with state level tiny parties, I feel is going to be a big shot at its own legs.
Sachin,

That is a key factor most Gandhi dynasty media slaves overlook. The INC, at the time of independence had the frame and a support system that was spread across the length and breadth of the country. The freedom movement brought INC lot of visibility and goodwill amongst the general public. They cashed in on these for decades of their political existence. Beginning IG, they let the next rungs go to seed; that seems to have caught on. RG, MQ, RaGa never arrested the decline but seems to have accelerated it.

Come GE2019, maha-thug-bandhan or not, most of the burden of campaigning for Cong(I)s falls on the shoulders of RaGa, for the simple reason there is nobody else. He has to convince voters in more than 250 LS constituencies to vote against the NaMo/BJP/NDA. Look at the electoral results of last 15+ elections where RaGa spear headed the Cong(I) challenge to know what a Himalayan task that is (in the face of withering INC).

Now compare that with what BJP/NDA will bring to bear in GE2019 - AS + NaMo + 2nd rung BJP leadership backed by the RSS :twisted:
You have pointed out some important facts which are undispute able
But simultaneously you should look at some more facts
Nehru did not have any support in congress at the time of independence. Mahatma Gandhi assassination allowed him to emerge as the inheritors of the views of Mahatma Gandhi and simultaneously decimated Sangh Parivar for two decades hence Congress remained Undisputed party for many years
Opposition re-emerged in India after the split between Syndicate and Indira Gandhi.
But having said this Modi is a disappointment to lot of voters, Modi tried to image as a centrist leader on the slogan of development
Modi hope that he will get Muslim and Christian votes but unfortunately these groups are still not voting for him in spite of the fact that he has done everything possible to ignore Hindu agenda
Therefore BJP has started a new line, please vote for us because Muslims and Christians hate Modi
BJP does not say that please vote for us because we have worked for Hindus or hindutva but the only reason to vote for them seems to be that Muslims and Christians are not voting for BJP
Rahul Gandhi maybe formidable opponent to Modi. He already has 25% vote bank in spite of whatever blunders remakes. He just needs 100 seats to become PM while Modi will need to 250 + seats to become prime minister.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Seriously, man. You encapsulated you message quite well.

Modiji was CM for 3 complete terms and PM for one complete term with clear mandate. Please tell me how many politician achieved same thing.

He doesn't need to beg for any vote. He achieved everything any one can dream of. It's one thing that we didn't respect real leaders. But talking about him in that tone.

Most of the Modiji haters are big losers. They never achieved any big thing on their own. They don't even know what the big thing is in first place. They simply hate when some one does it.

Isn't it what Swamiji used to say?
Ay, for ages we have been saturated with awful jealousy; we are always getting jealous of each other. Why has this man a little precedence, and not I? Even in the worship of God we want precedence, to such a state of slavery have we come. This is to be avoided. If there is any crying sin in India at this time it is this slavery. Every one wants to command, and no one wants to obey; and this is owing to the absence of that wonderful Brahmacharya system of yore. First, learn to obey. The command will come by itself. Always first learn to be a servant, and then you will be fit to be a master. Avoid this jealousy and you will do great works that have yet to be done. Our ancestors did most wonderful works, and we look back upon their work with veneration and pride. But we also are going to do great deeds, and let others look back with blessings and pride upon us as their ancestors.
tl;dr don't spew hatred just for sake of doing it. Back it up with some reasonable arguments.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:11 am

Raj Malhotra wrote:Nehru did not have any support in congress at the time of independence. Mahatma Gandhi assassination allowed him to emerge as the inheritors of the views of Mahatma Gandhi and simultaneously decimated Sangh Parivar for two decades hence Congress remained Undisputed party for many years.
Nehru perhaps had the support of people who mattered at that time; that was Lord Louis Mountbatten (and his wife ;)). The more I try to understand the so called "freedom struggle" the more I tend to believe that this was all a major dance drama. The British had actually left India by their own free will after ensuring that a few "British by mindset" people were in-charge. Gandhiji's assassination - quite soon after Independence also ensured that these worthies could now rule the country as a personal fiefdom.

I don't know if we had any other non-Congress political outfit in the days right after Independence. Many of the later political leaders of other parties, actually were part of the Congress pre-1947. I don't if the Sangh Parivar also existed in 1947. RSS for sure existed, but looks like they were apolotical. But looks like Nehru foresaw the threat such an organisation could bring to Nehru-Ghandi dynasty, and so promptly came the propoganda of "RSS killed Mahatma Gandhi".
Therefore BJP has started a new line, please vote for us because Muslims and Christians hate Modi
BJP does not say that please vote for us because we have worked for Hindus or hindutva but the only reason to vote for them seems to be that Muslims and Christians are not voting for BJP.
I really don't see very much damage in this new line. It is a matter of choosing the lesser of the two evils (at this point of time). And off course the decision has been left to the Hindus. The Hindus who wanted pure Hindutwa then & there (the so called Core voters) can show their protest by voting BJP out. Fine, then they can get some pure "minority appeasement" and cry. Or else they still give BJP a chance so that "minority appeasement" is stopped (for a continous spell of 10 years), and perhaps a bit improvement on their core Hindutwa agenda.
He just needs 100 seats to become PM while Modi will need to 250 + seats to become prime minister.
How? You expect the other regional parties to blindly support him? Then that would be another Karntaka like "secular" government. BJP can play more nasty games and pull down the government. Looks like the current KA government is kind of allowed to run only to prove how disastrous such "opportunist alliances" would be.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 am

Jayanagar: Sowmya Reddy wins by 2,889 votes; which was a sitting seat of the BJP. The BJP candidate had died, and this led to a byepoll.

Sunny
BGR Newbie

Post by Sunny » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:26 am

Looks like Vajpayee is in a bad way. To be honest given his quality of life over the past few years it may be best for him to quietly and painlessly slip away.

Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s condition remains critical

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/atal-b ... 564919.cms

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 am

In typical tolerance , Atul Kochar fired. Priyanka and Quantico making fun of HIndus - praised, against Muslims fired. And best part is many Tamil Christians celebrating it.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:03 pm

I like this guy. Posting his thoughts on "Bharat Niyati" (destiny of India)- I am sure this will resonate with many here. I don't agree with all of it myself, but it is well written, especially if you understand the Hindi - which is quite tough. Will try my best to translate it.

Here goes:

महाभारत का रूपक भारत की नियति में न्यस्त हो चुका है.
The metaphor of the Mahabharat has become India's Destiny

रूपक नहीं सांगरूपक. वह गाथा, जो अनवरत हो. वह परिघटना, जो चुकती नहीं.
Not just the metaphor, but the entire allegory, the epic tale, that is continuous and incessant, that which will never be 'settled' or end.

कुरुक्षेत्र में युद्ध कब प्रारम्भ हुआ, इसको लेकर अनेक मत हैं. किंतु यह मत निर्विवाद है कि वह युद्ध कभी समाप्त नहीं हुआ था.

भारतवर्ष ही कुरुक्षेत्र है!

भारत नियति ही महाभारत है!

There are many opinions as to when Mahabharat started in Kurukshetra, but there is no debate over the fact that this war never ended.

India is Kurukshetra

And Mahabharat (in this context a global war that is never going to end) is what India's fate is.

##

भारत नियति इसलिए महाभारत है, क्योंकि वह दुविधा भारत के चरित्र में है, जिसका उन्मूलन गीता के उपदेश ने किया था.

Mahabharat is India's destiny because the difficulty (in this context the dilemma) is in India's character (psyche), which had once been eradicated by the message of the Gita.

दुविधा, और विनय, और निर्णायक संघर्ष को स्थगित करने की भरसक चेष्टा, और सर्वस्वीकार, सर्वसमावेश, और लोकोपवाद का भय, कि संसार क्या सोचेगा!

Dilemma and humility (perhaps in this context meekness), and the desperate attempt to postpone a decisive battle, and universal acceptance, universal agreement, societal fear, what will the world think?

भारत का प्रधान जो भी हो, वह हमेशा कुरुक्षेत्र के बीच खड़े उस अर्जुन की तरह होता है, जो विडम्बना से भर गया है!

अपने बंधु बांधवों का संहार करके यह रण अगर जीत गया तो भी क्या होगा, वह तर्क देता है.

बिना यह समझे कि यह रण उसका निर्णय ही कहां था, यह तो उस पर थोपा गया है. वह तो इसे स्थगित करने की पूरी चेष्टा कर चुका था.

Whoever the leader of India (PM) may be, he is always like Arjun standing in the middle of Kurukshetra, who is filled with distress
What use is victory in this battle if it is achieved by the murder of friends and family, he argues
Without understanding that this decision was never his to begin with, it was imposed upon him, he had made every possible attempt to avoid it (postpone indefinitely)

"पांडवों" के चरित्र में ही स्थगन है, विनय है, शांतिपर्व का अभिप्रेत है.

लाक्षागृहों को वे भुला देते हैं.

द्यूत में छल से इंद्रप्रस्थ हारकर वन चले जाते हैं.

वन से लौटकर भी कुरुराज्य में पांच गांव ही तो मांगते हैं, जबकि समूचा इंद्रप्रस्थ उन्हीं का.

Procrastination (postponement) is in the character of the Pandavas, just like meekness and pacifism in the hour of war.
They forget the 'House of Lac' (referring to the incident in the story where their house built of lacquer was burnt down, almost killing them)
They lose Indraprastha in a fraudulent game and go to the forests
Even when they return (after a difficult exile), they only ask for five villages in the Kuru Kingdom, although the entire Indraprastha belonged to them.

"कौरवों" के चरित्र में ही हठ है.

पांच गांव तो क्या, सुई की नोक बराबर भूमि भी नहीं दी जाएगी!

यह रण की भाषा है, रण को निमंत्रण है. अर्जुन अब क्या कर सकता है!

"जानामि धर्मं न च मे प्रवृत्ति!" धर्म क्या है, यह दुर्योधन को भलीभांति पता है, किंतु धर्म उसकी प्रवृत्ति ही नहीं, तब अर्जुन क्या कर सकता है?

Stubbornness is in the character of the Kauravas
Forget five villages, not even the space equivalent to the point of a needle will be given
This is the language of war, it is an invitation to war, what can Arjun do now?
Duryodhan knows very well what Dharma is but Dharma is not in his character or his thinking, so what then can Arjun do?

##

भारतीय राजनीति में घृणित, त्याज्य और अस्पृश्य माने जाने वाले जिस हिंदू राष्ट्रवाद का आरम्भ 1990 के दशक से होता है, उसका कुरुक्षेत्र अयोध्या की वही जन्मभूमि है, जहां "कौरवों" ने कहा था सुई की नोक बराबर भी भूमि नहीं दी जाएगी, जबकि समूची अवधपुरी ही "पांडवों" की थी.

The hated, the abandoned, the untouchable Hindu Nationhood, that started in the decade of the 1990s, its Kurukshetra (battleground) is the same birthplace in Ayodhya, where the 'Kauravas' had declared that not even the space of the point of a needle will be granted, when the entire region of Awadh belonged to the 'Pandavas'.

रण उस दिन प्रारम्भ नहीं हुआ था, किंतु रण उसके बाद अवश्यम्भावी अवश्य हो गया था.
The war did not begin on the day, but after that day, war became an inevitable necessity

भारतवर्ष एक कुरुक्षेत्र है!

अठारह अक्षौहिणी सेनाएं वहाँ तैनात हैं, सेनापतियों ने कवच कुंडल पहन रखे हैं और रणभेरी बजने को ही है, किंतु रणभूमि के बीच भारत का प्रधान "अर्जुन-दुविधा" से ग्रस्त हो गया है.

भारत को एक युगंधर कृष्ण की आवश्यकता है!

India is a battleground (a Kurukhsetra)
Eighteen million armies are stationed there, the commanders have donned their armor, the battle cry is about to resound, but in the middle of the battlefield, India's Leader is afflicted with the 'Arjun Dilemma'.
India needs an ageless, (of the time) Krishna

अवश्यम्भावी हो, तब भी रण तब तक प्रारम्भ नहीं हो सकता, जब तक श्रीकृष्ण युगचेतना का प्रबोधन नहीं करेंगे, यही भारत नियति है!

"यदा यदा ही धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत" : यह फिर भारत में गूंजेगा.

क्योंकि भारत ग्लानि से भर गया है!

Even when inevitable, war cannot begin until Krishna awakens (enlightens us) the awareness of war (i.e that war is indeed upon us in this context), this is India's Destiny
"Whenever India is guiltridden about Dharma": This will echo in India again

For India is now filled with guilt.

##

पांच गांव कितने बड़े होते हैं?

तीन डग में एक वामन भी लांघ सकता है!

पहला डग : अयोध्या
दूसरा डग : काश्मीरमंडल
तीसरा डग : समान नागरिक संहिता

और इस रण को टालने का निर्णय एक बार फिर "कौरवों" को ही करना है!

How much is five villages?
In three steps even a Vaaman can cross them.

First step: Ayodhya
Second Step: Kashmir region
Third step: Universal civil Code

And once more, the decision to postpone this war (battle) is to be made by the 'Kauravas'.

Please feel free to make corrections.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:15 pm

Sunny wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:26 am
Looks like Vajpayee is in a bad way. To be honest given his quality of life over the past few years it may be best for him to quietly and painlessly slip away.

Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s condition remains critical

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/atal-b ... 564919.cms
How so? It's not under his control. From what I know, he has lost his memory, and can't recognize his dear and near ones.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:50 pm

A combination of leftists and Islamists have got Atul Kocchar fired. Apparently they including Rupa Subramanya tagged his employer. Be careful to hide your real identity and what you say on open forums specially if you are outside India including supposedly free countries..

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:20 pm

even inside India, corporates are susceptible to twitter lynching.

and there's no such thing as anonymity.

either be comfortable with what you say, going public and tied to your identity. or don't say it.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Supratik wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:50 pm
A combination of leftists and Islamists have got Atul Kocchar fired.
This cheap trick only works in Middle Eastern Islamic countries. Any business in these countries require a local Arab "sponsor". So any businessman would not try to get into the bad books of the Islamist "sponsor". And very many times it is Indian expatriates (mainly Muslims) who start the online campaign against the target. The business group employing the target, in order NOT to irritate the sponsor (and the country) promptly throws him under the bus. Such a cheap trick will never work in any European country, US etc. where there are legal recourse available. In Middle East every one is pretty much a slave to the "sponsor" so this works. Only counter for this tactic is when Hindu business groups take it upon themselves to help people like Atul Kocchar get gainful employment in other parts of the world.