The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
gablu
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by gablu » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:44 pm

What may be real reason why liberal gang is opposing death penalty for child rapists?

Is it just opposition for sake of opposition or trying to save their fellow brethren?

pankajs
BGR Newbie

Post by pankajs » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:58 pm

Does it matter?

Try explaining the nuances of Human Rights / Child Rights to the mango man. The GOI did the right things even though it will have zero or near zero impact on the ground. Justice must not only be done but also be seen as being done. This is seeing the perps getting their just desserts part.

Modi has been slow off the blocks on many such issues. Most of such instance one could predict on the 1st day will go big and yet he allowed the outrage to go out of control and get redirected at his government. In the end he had to intervene in all such cases. He could as well as have done the needful day 1 wonlee.

Any chanikyan on this on why Modi has chosen such a path?

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:37 pm

Actually, I am interested in knowing the answer to gablu's question- why is there opposition to the death penalty law by some folks.

This rape of minors has been going on for many months (that I have been reading) and many years I am sure. It is too much to the point that I could not read the article anymore. I would not say there is an epidemic but the most vulnerable in the society (raped, abused minors) deserve extra protection. I think such a law or ordinance is overdue (was my feeling even last year).

The only thing that will give pause to the rapist is death penalty OR faster court judgements (1-2 months) and a visible punishment of jail.

The Nirbhaya rape case has shown conclusively that faster courts will not happen.

I see it as very suspicious that there is opposition to this law especially when the emotional outrage has not died down yet; it looks bad opposing it now and yet they are willing to bear that cost of appearing soft on rape of minors.

Who are they trying to protect?
Last edited by srikumar on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:01 pm

srikumar wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:37 pm
They are on the backfoot, and frankly this is surprising ....who are they trying to protect?
Isn't it obvious? If the law is gender neutral and marriage agnostic, the two global religions where child marriage and child abuse are rampant would be affected disproportionately.

This is a masterstroke by Modi. The church already opened it's cards and opposed this law - ironically suggesting that sex education is the right remedy.

Expect the opposition to do the same embarrassing dance of support/no-support when this comes to parliament.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:16 pm

Wow....the church openly opposed it.... jaw drops. :shock: If true, this is unbelievable. It would have been easy enough for them to say nothing (if indeed they oppose it). There are others obviously...which I dont want to explicitly point out, but in some quarters marriage (which is clearly different from rape) to minors is explained by pointing to past history.

I am not a fan of draconian laws but given that courts take years, if ever, to prosecute a rape, this step IMHO is necessary. Atleast as a temporary measure. There are countless news articles in the past 1 year of rape of minors....none of them got one tenth of the press. This ordinance is not only about Kathua even if the media wants to show it as such.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:58 pm

Modi has just bowled a Yorker. The Left-lib crowd want an agitation everyday. When violent rapes happen they are first off the block to blame the govt when it is the wrong type of govt. When it is the right type of govt they make noises. Then they ask why nothing is being done. When you say death penalty they take to human rights and opposition to capital punishment. They are agitated when rapes happen but think that Padmavaati should not have committed juahar as it is patriarchal and the option of rape and sex slavery was better. So they basically do not have a locus standi on most issues but need an agitation to keep the politics afloat. If Modi had announced something like this on first day they would have brought in human rights. So he let them agitate and allowed the public to demand some action and then brought in the law. Now the Left-lib are furiously back peddling but aam junta is likely to support the decision.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:00 pm

I wouldn't say I disagree with the views of erudite SwapanDa in this piece where he endorses ModiJi's claim in London that an Indian passport is much more valuable than yester-years. Perhaps, but its way too abstract a characterization IMO. Can anyone tell me how does one quantify this? This claim coming as it does when self-loathing, colonized diseased rats in India are celebrating the manufactured global opprobrium towards Hindus for the Kathua rape and murder of an 8-year old girl (that they themselves engineered through op-eds in papers like NYT, WP, Atlantic etc), I wonder how one can quantify this 'feel good' claim?

https://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.c ... alth-meet/

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:19 pm

It is directed at the middle class in India many of whom have some relative or friend abroad. There is a majority section of NRIs who really want India to prosper and become a developed country. There is cross-talk between the middle class and NRIs. So this is one way of passing on information about himself and his govt. This has nothing to do with what whites think. The establishment in the west has had a long connection with the p-sec crowd in India. So when the p-sec crowd can't get their way in India they complain to their white patrons who then lecture or admonish or do other things like visa denial. When he talks about Indian passport he is basically talking to the middle class.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:37 pm

srikumar wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:16 pm
Wow....the church openly opposed it.... jaw drops. :shock: If true, this is unbelievable. It would have been easy enough for them to say nothing (if indeed they oppose it).
From the horse's mouth

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:12 pm

gablu wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:44 pm
What may be real reason why liberal gang is opposing death penalty for child rapists?

Is it just opposition for sake of opposition or trying to save their fellow brethren?
There is a practical reason here.

More raped children will be murdered by rapists to destroy evidence and eliminate witnesses if they know that they will be hanged for their crimes.

Just pointing out onlee.

Personally, I support the harshest of punishments for all rapists because it is a crime against humanity. A child being raped is heartbreaking and such a crime can be committed only by the depraved.

gablu
BGR Newbie

Post by gablu » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:15 pm

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... y-5147535/

50 IIT alumni quit jobs to form political party

“We are a bunch of 50 people, all from different IITs, who have quit our full-time jobs to work for the party. We have applied to the Election Commission for an approval and are meanwhile doing ground work,” Naven Kumar, a 2015 IIT Delhi graduate, who is leading the group said.

A group of 50 alumni from the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) across the country have quit their jobs to form a political party to fight for the rights of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes. The group, which is waiting for an approval from the Election Commission, has named their outfit “Bahujan Azad Party”.

“We are a bunch of 50 people, all from different IITs, who have quit our full-time jobs to work for the party. We have applied to the Election Commission for an approval and are meanwhile doing ground work,” Naven Kumar, a 2015 IIT Delhi graduate, who is leading the group, told PTI. The party members, however, do not wish to jump the gun and aim for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.

“We do not wish to do a hurried job and end up being reduced to just one of those small political outfits with big ambitions. We will begin with contesting the 2020 Bihar Assembly elections and then aim for the next Lok sabha polls,” Kumar said. The group, which includes members mostly from the SC, ST and OBC communities, feels that the backward classes have not received their due in terms of education and employment.

All set with a poster which has pictures of B R Ambedkar, Subhas Chandra Bose and A P J Abdul Kalam, among others, the party has already begun a social media campaign. “Once we have the registration, we will form small units of the party which will start working on the ground for our target groups. We also do not wish to pitch ourselves as a rival of any political party or ideology,” Kumar added.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:23 pm

^^^I have not seen the full cast of characters of this outfit yet, but here are my predictions. Bliss to gombare with the gualifigations that are revealed later.

1) almost all of them would have got admission to IITs on some quota or another

2) Had miserable GPAs but managed to graduate based upon lower standards for quota-wallahs

3) Managed to get a quota-based job in some PSU or goremint-backed concern, where they continued a miserable track record

4) Having nothing else to do, "joined politics"

Anyway, this outfit will likely sink without trace.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:23 pm

SSundar wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:37 pm
srikumar wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:16 pm
Wow....the church openly opposed it.... jaw drops. :shock: If true, this is unbelievable. It would have been easy enough for them to say nothing (if indeed they oppose it).
From the horse's mouth
There can be only one reason for the padrewallahs and their types to oppose the death penalty.

Child molestation, assaults and other such crimes are the norm in places where children are forcibly sent for "religious" education. Most of it, in India, is suppressed and poor parents are paid off so such news rarely gets out into the press. But, the congregation always knows of these crimes. Now minority parents will report such crimes and get justice for their children.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:26 pm

Meanwhile, the Congis starting to fall apart in KA - and the Modi campaign hasn't even started.

INC Chief Monkey (CM) Siddaramaiah seems to be running for a second seat, since there is a good chance he might be thrashed in his original seat:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 867919.cms

Waiting for "Bharat mata ki jai. Manch par viraajmaan..." starting Apr 29.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:38 pm

Child rape (and just not female), will be a big body blow to the church, many of whose clerics are allegedly involved in this heinous crime. They are apposing it for this reason. In fact one Vatican nominee justified it as sacred rape!! 9duly carried by many MSM in India).

Yashwant Sinha cannot get elected as a dog catcher in Hazaribagh. His claim to fame was, he was an IAS officer, who got elected respectively in VP Singh wave, ABV wave and then lost when there was no wave.

Ashish Raval
BGR Newbie

Post by Ashish Raval » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:11 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:23 pm
^^^I have not seen the full cast of characters of this outfit yet, but here are my predictions. Bliss to gombare with the gualifigations that are revealed later.

1) almost all of them would have got admission to IITs on some quota or another

2) Had miserable GPAs but managed to graduate based upon lower standards for quota-wallahs

3) Managed to get a quota-based job in some PSU or goremint-backed concern, where they continued a miserable track record

4) Having nothing else to do, "joined politics"

Anyway, this outfit will likely sink without trace.
+1. I doubt it will last even 5 years except being funded by anti national forces and evan jehadi forces outside results. There is no appetite for it. This is yet another bogeyman from khangress.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:58 pm

The IIT Party seems to be just another ploy to split OBC/SC/ST votes. I don't believe that they won't contest until 2020. They may not contest, but will work for congress to split OBC/SC/ST votes for 2019.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:03 am

crams wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:00 pm
I wouldn't say I disagree with the views of erudite SwapanDa in this piece where he endorses ModiJi's claim in London that an Indian passport is much more valuable than yester-years. Perhaps, but its way too abstract a characterization IMO. Can anyone tell me how does one quantify this? This claim coming as it does when self-loathing, colonized diseased rats in India are celebrating the manufactured global opprobrium towards Hindus for the Kathua rape and murder of an 8-year old girl (that they themselves engineered through op-eds in papers like NYT, WP, Atlantic etc), I wonder how one can quantify this 'feel good' claim?

https://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.c ... alth-meet/
There are intangible and indirect benefits on account of Modi's foreign relations campaign over the past 4 years. Visa grant periods for Indian relatives have increased in Australia for instance. I guess some other countries may have followed suit. Recognition of Indian citizens as Indians and not merely clubbed as sub continent people, (though Modi is not directly responsible for this, has certainly helped in this cause). NRI diaspora is a much more recognized entity with a higher confidence than the MMS era

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:46 am

chetak wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:12 pm
gablu wrote:

There is a practical reason here.

More raped children will be murdered by rapists to destroy evidence and eliminate witnesses if they know that they will be hanged for their crimes.

Just pointing out onlee.

Personally, I support the harshest of punishments for all rapists because it is a crime against humanity. A child being raped is heartbreaking and such a crime can be committed only by the depraved.
It is rock and hard place type situation. Argument is if we gonna kill rapists, they will kill victims. And without severe punishment they will rape.

There is no perfect solution for problems. All solutions work on probability. How can we decrease the probability of child rape? I don't think 100% child rapists want to kill victims or psychologically prepared to kill victims. Lust is one thing but killing human being is another level of cruelty. If this law deters say even 50% of rapists then the probability of child rape will come down drastically. This is exactly what law intends to achieve and not a 0 probability of crime.

Some may argue what if a rapists and killer who was earlier going to rape and leave the kid alive, now will definitely kill. Well, thats the bullet we have to bite. There is no perfect solution.

madhub
BGR Newbie

Post by madhub » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:45 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:26 pm
Meanwhile, the Congis starting to fall apart in KA - and the Modi campaign hasn't even started.

INC Chief Monkey (CM) Siddaramaiah seems to be running for a second seat, since there is a good chance he might be thrashed in his original seat:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 867919.cms

Waiting for "Bharat mata ki jai. Manch par viraajmaan..." starting Apr 29.
Siddaramaiah is not loosing to BJP. he is loosing to JDS guy G T Gowda. he is pretty strong and whom ever i speak says he will win.

pankajs
BGR Newbie

Post by pankajs » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:56 am

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... n-5147982/
CJI Dipak Misra impeachment: Vice President Venkaiah Naidu rejects notice by Opposition
PTI reports that Naidu rejected the notice saying it lacked ‘substantial merit’. The order comes minutes before the Supreme Court convenes for the day.
Gives a chance to the Supreme Court to further pull the chaddi of the CON party just like they did in the judge Loya case. Seems the lashing given last time was not enough.

Perhaps this time the judges will be harsher and more direct in their return fire. At least one can hope for a stinging rebuke of the CON mafia and that should allow the BJP to make it an issue during GE 2019.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:29 am

I'm waiting to see if and whether INC's legal eagles (P Bhushan, Sibal, Jaising, Dave) who blatantly violated the law in framing and falsifying evidence in the Loya case will just get away with it, with just a rap on the knuckles (court observations against them).

When will contempt hearings start? Isn't what they did serious enough to warrant them being debarred from the bar (pun intended) at the very least? Why aren't criminal proceedings launched ask I??

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:31 am

Reg rape, time to bring back the old practice of gelding the convicted perps. Period.

/Not applicable in 'martial' rape, 'broke-marriage-promise-hence-rape', and other such feminazi obsessions - only in the cases of abductions, gangrape, rape-murders, etc. Only.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:32 am

gablu wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:15 pm
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... y-5147535/

50 IIT alumni quit jobs to form political party

“We are a bunch of 50 people, all from different IITs, who have quit our full-time jobs to work for the party. We have applied to the Election Commission for an approval and are meanwhile doing ground work,” Naven Kumar, a 2015 IIT Delhi graduate, who is leading the group said.

A group of 50 alumni from the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) across the country have quit their jobs to form a political party to fight for the rights of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes. The group, which is waiting for an approval from the Election Commission, has named their outfit “Bahujan Azad Party”.

“We are a bunch of 50 people, all from different IITs, who have quit our full-time jobs to work for the party. We have applied to the Election Commission for an approval and are meanwhile doing ground work,” Naven Kumar, a 2015 IIT Delhi graduate, who is leading the group, told PTI. The party members, however, do not wish to jump the gun and aim for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.

“We do not wish to do a hurried job and end up being reduced to just one of those small political outfits with big ambitions. We will begin with contesting the 2020 Bihar Assembly elections and then aim for the next Lok sabha polls,” Kumar said. The group, which includes members mostly from the SC, ST and OBC communities, feels that the backward classes have not received their due in terms of education and employment.

All set with a poster which has pictures of B R Ambedkar, Subhas Chandra Bose and A P J Abdul Kalam, among others, the party has already begun a social media campaign. “Once we have the registration, we will form small units of the party which will start working on the ground for our target groups. We also do not wish to pitch ourselves as a rival of any political party or ideology,” Kumar added.
2015 graduate? That means what, 25 years of age? Idiot. :facepalm:

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:48 am

gablu wrote:

I also oppose the death penalty for rape. Where the victim will be killed after rape. There is no additional punishment for that. In fact, death will may result in victim getting killed more. Why let her live when you get no additional punishment for killing her. Great risk of allowing her to live and no additional risk of killing her plus the benefit of making a very strong piece of evidence vanish. Please do not think that the criminals are not going to figure this out. They do. The further rape allegation is misused far more than people imagine, while real victims in a lot of incidents do not even FIR due to shame etc.

What we need are the proper investigation and faster justice. Not just in case of rapes but all criminal matters.