Welcome to Bharat Ganrajya

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
sbajwa
BGR Member

Re: Welcome to Bharat Ganrajya

Post by sbajwa » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Thanks Dileep!

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:14 pm

by Vinu
Hi All,

This is Vinu - There and Here!

Great work Dileep Ji. Pranams.
If you are the same as Vina on BRF then I say today on october 2nd Mahatama was not a Great soul he was not worthy of being father of the nation., Nehru and Gandhi family is the reason that people in India are poor!!

Inquilaab Zindabad and down with Mohandas Gandhi the traitor!

geeth
BGR Newbie

Post by geeth » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:16 pm

Ah! Just barged in...Thanks Dileep Chetta/Aniyaa for the lighting speed. Was feeling uncomfortable for a couple of days , though.

vinu
BGR Newbie

Post by vinu » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:41 pm

sbajwa wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:14 pm
by Vinu
Hi All,

This is Vinu - There and Here!

Great work Dileep Ji. Pranams.
If you are the same as Vina on BRF then I say today on october 2nd Mahatama was not a Great soul he was not worthy of being father of the nation., Nehru and Gandhi family is the reason that people in India are poor!!

Inquilaab Zindabad and down with Mohandas Gandhi the traitor!
Nope Sir. Sorry to disappoint you. I am Vin'u' - Not Vin'a'.
And interestingly, my thoughts are similiar to yours about 'Thaththa and Mama' (i.e Gandhi and Nehru)

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:49 pm

by Vinu
Nope Sir. Sorry to disappoint you. I am Vin'u' - Not Vin'a'.
And interestingly, my thoughts are similiar to yours about 'Thaththa and Mama' (i.e Gandhi and Nehru)
good! let's hope that you do not change your views about BIFs (congoons, leftie aholes and appturds) for at least for next 20 years!

Dileep
Site Admin

Post by Dileep » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:54 pm

Enabled user activation. New signups will need to wait for activation by admin.

chaitanya
BGR Newbie

Post by chaitanya » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks Dileep and everyone else for setting this up, amazing effort! Using my BRF handle here as well.

AdityaM
BGR Newbie

Post by AdityaM » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:30 pm

jamwal wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:30 am
BTW, shouldn't we start making sub-forums like BRF has ? One each for military, politics, economy and general discussions ?
Please don't do this. This forum is not a competitor of BRF. Don't duplicate what BRF does best

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:36 pm

A lot of posters here not going to post there anymore

Sicanta
BGR Newbie

Post by Sicanta » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:37 pm

Dileep saar has made it clear that BG does not compete with BRF and rightly so. I dont think its too difficult to keep 2 tabs open simultaneously when we are online.

AdityaM
BGR Newbie

Post by AdityaM » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:06 pm

jamwal wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:36 pm
A lot of posters here not going to post there anymore
There is no reason for that to happen. BRF didn't kick anyone out. There were no ego battles.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:14 pm

What is the extent of your loyalty to BRF to show so much concern ? Did BRF admins even care about people leaving because of their carpet bombing raid ? Even there are only 4-5 people who post anything interesting and useful , rest is noise.

If owner(s) of this forum don't want a military issues forum, then it's fine.

Sicanta
BGR Newbie

Post by Sicanta » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:23 pm

jamwal wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:14 pm
What is the extent of your loyalty to BRF to show so much concern ? Did BRF admins even care about people leaving because of their carpet bombing raid ? Even there are only 4-5 people who post anything interesting and useful , rest is noise.

It's not an issue of loyalty. Its an issue of avoiding blue on blue, especially so close to 2019. BRF is still the place for strategic issues for me, especially since SSridhar ji posts there. Meanwhile BG should go ahead with gdf, but keeping in mind the lessons drawn from brf debacle - to avoid such a thing from happening again. Cause sooner or latter, this place will be targeted.

In the end, BG or BRF, target is a successful 2019 and further ahead when the time comes. Forums are merely a conduit.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:33 pm

Userbase is what defines forum. Wherever people find value, they will gravitate to..and slowly reduce participation in other place.

IMO general Indian online population nowadays prefers this kind of free-wheeling discussions which accommodate people at all levels...

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:44 pm

It is not wise to put all eggs in one basket, i.e BRF.
If people want to post there exclusively for defence issues, no one is stopping them. Similarly, this forum should provide space for defence issues too.

Can any one now guarantee that BRF will continue to function as one of better defence forums or the admins will not delete some other topics for whatever reasons ?

Narasimha
BGR Newbie

Post by Narasimha » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:50 pm

Another funny thing was they would contact us for eg I was asked to be a moderator on BRF but there was no way I could reply back to give an answer !!

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:05 pm

well, you could..by "reporting" that message I think, and typing in whatever you wanted to reply back.. :lol:

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:20 pm

jamwal wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:44 pm
It is not wise to put all eggs in one basket, i.e BRF.
If people want to post there exclusively for defence issues, no one is stopping them. Similarly, this forum should provide space for defence issues too.

Can any one now guarantee that BRF will continue to function as one of better defence forums or the admins will not delete some other topics for whatever reasons ?
I am a member of multiple photography forums and I agree, there is great value in diversity. Often the posts are duplicated across forums and you can identify the authors even if they have different handles (most tend to keep the same ones though). However, there are always a few who are dedicated to only one place (maybe founders) and their opinion is invaluable to many of us in the community.

As this place matures and develops, it is entirely possible that this would be the new BRF, an even better one. Let us keep the flag flying no matter on what hilltop as long as it is our colors that occupy the space, that should be the Lakshya (reference intended)

salaam
BGR Newbie

Post by salaam » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:53 pm

Salaam arj hey najneen.

Salaam here. Long time lurker on b.r&f and low key poster.

I hope that the activities of (t)kiran(a)'s, vi-na's, ha-bal's and dip-anker's will be heavily moderated here. Otherwise we will be wasting precious band-width going after strawman arguments or simple/subtle/obvious trolling.

ArjunPandit
BGR Newbie

Post by ArjunPandit » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Gus wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:37 am
Arjun wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:45 am
Hi Folks, posted as Ameet when at BRF. Will post under Arjun here.
Thanks to all for setting up this forum and the posters for moving here. I learned a lot from you guys, well most of you 😉
well, the poster Arjun at BRF is going to be pissed if he comes here :lol:

seriously...should we let old users have their ids here as well or is it first come first served basis
Arjun pandit here :), seems like arjun is a popular name here, just like rahul/saurabh, amit

ArjunPandit
BGR Newbie

Post by ArjunPandit » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:57 pm

salaam wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:53 pm
Salaam arj hey najneen.

Salaam here. Long time lurker on b.r&f and low key poster.

I hope that the activities of (t)kiran(a)'s, vi-na's, ha-bal's and dip-anker's will be heavily moderated here. Otherwise we will be wasting precious band-width going after strawman arguments or simple/subtle/obvious trolling.
+1000,
perhaps we should have a punch your nemesis thread, where people can exchange barbs and dont derail the thread. Also is there anyway that posts can be liked so that its easier to sift wheat from chaff

AjayKK
BGR Newbie

Post by AjayKK » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:38 pm

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:39 am
Hi All,
This Rahul Chimanbhai Mehta, a common :D
I am based in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. My ID on BRF was same --- MehtaRahulC and handle was Rahul Mehta
I had joined BRF way back in 2001 or so.
Since then, I was banned and unbanned several times !!!
(I was permanently banned on BRF some one year back , and never applied for unbanning !!!)
Since you were permanently banned on BRF and you are here, it means you were using burqa ID to access burqa forum GDF. :lol:

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:53 pm

jamwal wrote:

+1, I felt the same. Perhaps they forgot that we are here for a reason bigger than ourselves. Some of them handled like HR of an IT company would do.

AdityaM
BGR Newbie

Post by AdityaM » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:29 pm

jamwal wrote:

Not a question of loyalty.
If BRF does Military better and will focus on that, then why split and make 2 mediocre forums that excel at nothing.

You would have yourself sworn by BRF till 72 hours ago.

ArjunPandit
BGR Newbie

Post by ArjunPandit » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:16 pm

The site is working intermittently esp with a office network. Sometimes the page opens other times it doesnt.