Love & Marriage Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Raja
Forum Moderator

Re: Love & Marriage Nukkad

Post by Raja » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:34 pm

Is that you WeakAss? Where is Dilbu?

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Raja wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:34 pm
Is that you WeakAss? Where is Dilbu?
Dilbu is busy running his vodoo magic of reverse jinx on Hardik Patels of the season.

santosh
BGR Newbie

Post by santosh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:43 pm

This dhaaga has lost its charm since no burka cover. Sad sad sad.

rsingh
BGR Newbie

Post by rsingh » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:44 pm

yup; we were thrown out unceremoniously. It was like bunch of partying bachelors thrown out by landlord........who was afraid that his own daughter might join us in late night party. I suspect some admin had earful from his SHQ.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:51 pm

L&M type threads are different from other places, it is a place where people can loosen up and be more open in posting. As long as there is no burqa, people are wary about doing that, so I don't think L&M will be the same unless burqa is enforced by the ruling Taliban.

ritz82
BGR Newbie

Post by ritz82 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:45 am

"When it comes to privacy and accountability, people always demand the former for themselves and the latter for everyone else." - David Brin

Dileep
Site Admin

Post by Dileep » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:10 am

Well, any of you ISIS are welcome to spend INR 1000 and build your own burqua forum. we can even provide technical help to set up :twisted:

-Ruling Taliban (Hey... that is a good moniker. I think we will adopt that to the BGR Glossary)

Dilbu
BGR Newbie

Post by Dilbu » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Reporting for duty. After the burqa cover was blown I joined the rag tag ISIS moojahids crossing over to the northern Syria and made my way back through Turkey.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:05 pm

Just pointing out what should be obvious to everyone by now, that's all! :mrgreen:

Empirical data shows that L&M won't work without burqa.

Hey, I don't make the rules. Allah is all-knowing. :twisted:

Vayutuvan
BGR Newbie

Post by Vayutuvan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:32 am

ritz82 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:45 am
"When it comes to privacy and accountability, people always demand the former for themselves and the latter for everyone else." - David Brin
A David Brin fan. I love his Uplift bi-trilogy.

On another note, this here

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/17/11/10 ... -minor-bug

Vyoman
BGR Newbie

Post by Vyoman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 am

It looks like Rohingyas rather... stripped off burqas. I sense a french connection here. :)

Vyoman
BGR Newbie

Post by Vyoman » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:53 am

BTW, weakass bhai.. when did you start a media?

vikaspedia.in

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Sorry state of men in India and around the world.
I am of the firm opinion that women cannot handle power. They get power drunk very easily. If you think men are that way women are 100 times worse.

VIDEO: Telangana man recreates Sholay-like scene, climbs tower demanding divorce
http://indianexpress.com/article/trendi ... a-4939931/
The man, identified as Dr Ajay Kumar, climbed a mobile phone tower demanding divorce from his wife. They were married seven years ago have a four-year-old daughter. His wife Lasya had earlier filed harassment case against him, but she withdrew it later. He claimed this as a reason for demanding a divorce.

Kumar sent the whole town into a frenzy as he hauled up on the tower for four hours! The police were notified and they rushed to the spot to calm him down. He threw a letter from the tower to explain his situation.

Finally, after hours of discussion, the police convinced him to come down and his wife signed the divorce papers there in front of the authorities.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:20 pm

OT: When the spiritual quotient is high and the lust for the nari pacifies the individual is the king of the world...until he falls again. Thats the whole circle of Maya. Even Kabira has said lust is the last frontier for a man to conquer, once he conquers it...he becomes bhishma (greatness personified) any luck with this yet gents? :D

Marten
BGR Member

Post by Marten » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Lust is all. Lust drives the species. Lust is what caused us to split into more cells.

When love is spent, lust is all that glitters and glimmers.
Much like the swift passing vision of an oasis for weary travelers trudging through this dreary world.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:55 am

>>I am of the firm opinion that women cannot handle power. They get power drunk very easily. If you think men are that way women are 100 times worse.

perhaps genders react to availability of raw power in different ways based on some evolutionary history or genetic factors ?

if you notice how large troops of little boys and guys play among their own gender, the boys will have fights but will make up quickly and play on...seldom they will not talk to 'enemies' for weeks and months....or bear a long grudge....girls will seldom have physical fights , but will form little cliques, backbite and punish others by excluding them from play circles. these cannot be conditioned reflexes in kids so young...there is something burned into our dna.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:59 pm

Marten wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:31 pm
Lust is all. Lust drives the species. Lust is what caused us to split into more cells.

When love is spent, lust is all that glitters and glimmers.
Much like the swift passing vision of an oasis for weary travelers trudging through this dreary world.
Either that or you get a TKiran karela special. :)

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:41 pm

Singha wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:55 am
>>I am of the firm opinion that women cannot handle power. They get power drunk very easily. If you think men are that way women are 100 times worse.

perhaps genders react to availability of raw power in different ways based on some evolutionary history or genetic factors ?

if you notice how large troops of little boys and guys play among their own gender, the boys will have fights but will make up quickly and play on...seldom they will not talk to 'enemies' for weeks and months....or bear a long grudge....girls will seldom have physical fights , but will form little cliques, backbite and punish others by excluding them from play circles. these cannot be conditioned reflexes in kids so young...there is something burned into our dna.
Yes, and not just girls (I see this behavior in my pre-teen daughter), it is adult women also. It's an ocean of back-biting, complaining, groupisms, jealousy etc etc. In a group, the ladies will compliment one another on their clothes and when one leaves the group to go home, the rest laugh at her dress. We have a holiday party being planned by the ladies of our sub-division and each lady wants to overrule and boss over the other. We guys will just show up for dinner and booze. :D

But the context of what I said above is my almost 2 decades experiences at home and work. My female bosses have almost all been power-drunk, rude and nasty to people who report to them. A few men have been that way, but just the younger men who were promoted more for skin color than for actual capability or achievements. The female managers are very unclear about what they want and are very passive-aggressive. Much like a wife. :roll:

Thanks to Allah, I have a male boss now, who is in my age range. I can deal with one who is lazy/incompetent but not one who is deceptive and has mental issues.
As for the home front, I no longer yearn for validation from the wife. I have come around to the feeling that women will always have something to bitch and moan about. Apun ki life, apun jeeyega, apun ke jaisa! :mrgreen:

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:01 am

er....KJo why were you seeking validation from your SHQ in the first place? If you behave like a subservient munna, they will treat you like one. It has nothing to do with gender - humans are by instinct predators and also cannibals.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:18 am

Raja wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:01 am
er....KJo why were you seeking validation from your SHQ in the first place? If you behave like a subservient munna, they will treat you like one. It has nothing to do with gender - humans are by instinct predators and also cannibals.
"seeking validation" is hard to quantify because it can mean being a munna at an extreme. But yes, I hoped my actions would get some appreciation though I did not change them for any reason (they mostly proved to be right decisions).

But you are right. 2017 has been a year of change for me. Personally, professionally...

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:18 am

Raja wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:01 am
"seeking validation" is hard to quantify because it can mean being a munna at an extreme. But yes, I hoped my actions would get some appreciation though I did not change them for any reason (they mostly proved to be right decisions).

But you are right. 2017 has been a year of change for me. Personally, professionally...

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:32 pm

As long as your actions were dharmic, they don’t need anybody’s appreciation for validation.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:26 pm

Raja wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:32 pm
As long as your actions were dharmic, they don’t need anybody’s appreciation for validation.
I believe so, at least in my mind I am convinced because I took decisions that helped us collectively long term but I personally paid a price. I am happy with my decisions and do not regret them.
The hard part with this is from experience you know what would have happened if I had not taken those hard decisions at the right time but the beneficiaries don't see them because they don't have the requisite life experience to appreciate it.

Anyway, such is life. I just tell myself that Modiji gets so much criticism for DeMo and other things he is doing for long term benefit of country. Pappu would take the easy way out and allow rampant black money so people enjoy for a short term before it explodes in the face when inflation hits. Modi would not allow black money in the first place, so people would wonder what he really did because they would never see what could happen.

It still amazes me how people can benefit from others and be so utterly ungrateful. I see such things play out both at home, and in the extended family with property issues.

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:45 pm

As the saying goes, No good deed goes unpunished.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:01 am

^^

KJo, life is like that. The most important thing is that you do what seems like the right thing to do. I stopped worrying about anybody else's opinion a long time ago. If they control my life, i.e. have the power to affect my ability to put bread on my table then yes, their opinion about me and my work obviously matters. Other than that everything else is unimportant.

SHQ and others in the family will fall behind you as long as you take care of them as Dharma dictates. Nothing and nobody is perfect and you do your best and move on. No need for validation.