Love & Marriage Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Nayak
BGR Newbie

Re: Love & Marriage Nukkad - 01

Post by Nayak » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:43 am

Queshchun to RBullah & other admins. How safe is L & M dhaaga from the cretins who created the mess in BRF ? We the poor peedith patis need a safe space to ruminate of KJO's K & N saga and sometimes have a full throated rudaali sessions.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:58 am

it is completely open and users are responsible for their own content.

I suggest take to fbook, twitter or whatsapp if anyone wants to 'let it all hang out' and adopt a 'militant posture' on any L&M issue without any restrictions. that way its your own oyster. if you cannot post it on fbook for all your friends and their friends to see, then do not post it here.

Vnms
BGR Newbie

Post by Vnms » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:58 am

mi·sog·y·ny
məˈsäjənē/Submit
noun
dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.

If you look up the meaning of misandy, you will find it identical to misogyny. Just replace female with male.

Now, how many of you have seen ads where a guy is treated as a bumbling idiot? Would that be construed as misandry? Imagine consequences were ads to display females as dumb.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Since L&M also includes family and children , let me post this in this thread:

This is a question from Singapore PSLE exam for 6th grade students :

Jess needs 200 pieces of ribbons of 110cm each to decorate a room. The ribbons are sold in 25m rolls. What is the minimum number of rolls that Jess needs to buy?

It created a big furore in Singapore as many parents of 6th graders complained that the question was wrong or worded wrongly

The Ministry of Education had to clarify that the question was correct

Just shows the quality of questions asked in Singapore vs the rote mugging up done here esp in TN
I wonder how many 10th or even 12th graders would get it right here

Shandilya
BGR Newbie

Post by Shandilya » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 am

So whats the answer? 9 Rolls?

Where's math dhaaga when you need one?

Has AmberG joined here yet?

Marten
BGR Member

Post by Marten » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:29 am

Shandilya wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 am
So whats the answer? 9 Rolls?

Where's math dhaaga when you need one?

Has AmberG joined here yet?
Since it is the 6th grade, I think you would get 2 full marks for the answer. :D
I thank my stars those counting days are over, and dread the fact that my kid already has a better grasp over math than i do!

How many of you have a math-challenged SHQ and a kid that compensates or more for that lack?

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:36 am

You need 10 rolls. :D

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:02 pm

The answer is 10 rolls
But lots of people answered 9 rolls which is wrong

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:55 pm

It's been a season of sexual assualt/molestation revealings in Hollywood. The season started off with Harvey Weinstein (big one), another key person called Andy something of Screen Junkies has been suspended on charges of sexual harassment/assault and now another actress has said that Ben Affleck groped one of her b00*s back in 2003.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:31 pm

:shock: :lol:

Australian Feminists Lose Their Minds Over Facebook Post About Sandwiches
Australian feminists are recovering Monday after being triggered en masse by a woman's Facebook post soliciting sandwich ideas.

According to the Daily Telegraph, "Maddie," an Australian mom was, apparently, tired of making the same sandwiches for her husband to take with him to work for lunch, so she asked the 26,186 members of the "Northshore Mums" Facebook group for ideas on how to improve her sandwich game - maybe some new lunch meats she hadn't thought of, or a cheese or a spread that would pep up his daily ham on white.

“I would love to hear what other mums make their hubbies for lunch and snacks throughout the work day,” she posted. "We are getting over sandwiches.”

What Maddie got, instead of cute recipes and artisan mayonnaise suggestions, was a violent backlash. Australia's feminists moms berated Maddie for perpetuating systemic male oppression, and lambasted her choice of lifestyle, which included packing her husband's lunches along with her kids'.

“Your husband is a grown up and you’re not his mother," wrote one group member.

"My husband can make his own damn lunch," scolded another.

One user even went further: “I make my husband the same thing he makes me. Nothing!!”

Others called her a "slave," and a "throwback" to the 1950s. They accused Maddie of being "weird," and insisted that no woman in her right mind would ever so much as toss together a peanut butter and jelly for her harried husband.

Poor Maddie was even exposed to the inner workings of some "feminist" marriages, as some clearly ill-tempered women took issue with their own husbands in their comments. “I was married for twenty years and my favourite packed lunch for my husband was called a Get it Yourself with a side order of I’m not your mother," one said, scathingly, possibly implying that her poor husband goes without food or, for that matter, any semblance of empathy.

According to the Telegraph, the vicious Maddie attack was orchestrated and masterminded by a woman named Polly Dunning, who also happens to be the daughter of Gloria Steniem's Australian counterpart, Jane Caro. To give you an idea of how motherly and nurturing Dunning really is, last year, she wrote that her young son "disgusted her:" “I felt sick at the thought of something male growing inside me.” :shock:

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:55 am

my wifes pretty early 40s cousin has put up a nice selfie on fbook to lap up the 100s of likes and comments.

validation.

Raju
BGR Newbie

Post by Raju » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:53 am

some assamese chicks can get really really hot. But if married, their husbands tend to look very very ordinary. One will tend to feel for them because their wives will draw in inordinate amount of attention. I do not know how these people put up constantly with this dichotomy.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Raju wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:53 am
some assamese chicks can get really really hot. But if married, their husbands tend to look very very ordinary. One will tend to feel for them because their wives will draw in inordinate amount of attention. I do not know how these people put up constantly with this dichotomy.
:lol: I bet Singha saar appreciates this. :lol:

I just saw this on TOI. I always wonder how you can love someone romantically, then break up forever, and then be "friends". Being civil is one thing, but the feeling would be dead, but here HR is going above and beyond and doing things he needn't do like visiting her store. This is nothing to do with parenting they are doing some show for their kids.

If I every went through it, I wouldn't want to see the other person for as long as I lived.

Amidst all the controversy revolving around him and Kangana Ranaut, Bollywood hunk Hrithik Roshan decided to catch up with his ex-wife Sussanne Khan at her design store in Mumbai.
The 'Kaabil' actor took to Instagram to share a picture with the gorgeous lady and her team at her popular design concept store. Hrithik looked at his best in a maroon t-shirt that he had teamed up with blue jeans and a grey cap, while Sussanne too was dressed casually in a white top and a black jacket.
The ex-couple, who split in 2014, have two kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan and have been setting an example time and again by fulfilling co-parenting duties to their best.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Singha wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:55 am
my wifes pretty early 40s cousin has put up a nice selfie on fbook to lap up the 100s of likes and comments.

validation.
Late 30s and early 40s is an age when women begin to doubt their own attractiveness. The 'hot"/pretty ones who used to get a lot of male attention begin to realize that they don't catch such attention anymore and there are younger models.
That is when the facebook and whatsapp pictures begin to flow. I see my own high classmates doing this. There are few who have managed to stay attractive and slim, and some who were Sadharan Sumans in high school but have blossomed into attractive women as they got into their 20s and beyond. These attractive types post pictures of themselves, some umm alluring... and then all the other female classmates "Like" them and shower them with compliments on how they never age, skin is glowing, etc. Then it is the next girl's turn. Everyone feels good and everyone wins.

The guys have a hard time figuring out how to react. If a guy "like"s an attractive picture of another woman (ex classmate), then his wife sees it and that might cause problems. Or her husband might see it and wonder who the hell is this guy liking his wife's pictures. Or some of his friends might begin to see a trend if a guy like's a girls pictures too often. A complex web. :lol:

Raju
BGR Newbie

Re: Love & Marriage Nukkad

Post by Raju » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:20 pm

No offence to singha saab, I was just saying out loud my 'mann kee baat', I knew of an assamese girl who was married, sadly, but really so hot that I had a crush on her, once her husband came visiting on scooter I thought that probably it was her driver, who came to drop her, then I came to know it was her husband when everybody started to shake hands with him. I know that I made a generalized kind of statement here because till date I am not able to forget that face. :?
Well & truly crushed man I was. The vibes that I got was that of a genuine caring person, but then when I hear of Indrani I also get the shivers. Nice, that I was reserved and didn't do anything hasty then.

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:06 pm

The answer is 10 rolls
But lots of people answered 9 rolls which is wrong
Jess needs 200 pieces of ribbons of 110cm each to decorate a room. The ribbons are sold in 25m rolls. What is the minimum number of rolls that Jess needs to buy?

25 m = 2500 cm
2500/110 = 22.72
200/22 = 9.09 (since you went little bit over 9 rolls you would need to buy 10 rolls)
9 + 1 = 10

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:41 am

^^ that is gora answer.

the desi answer is 8.8 ie 9 rolls because we will not throw away the waste bits but glue them together to get what we need at least cost.

nobody i know throws away extra ribbons like that, they are used

Vnms
BGR Newbie

Post by Vnms » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Singha wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:55 am

validation.
Pics. Or it did not happen!

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:32 am

Singha wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:41 am
^^ that is gora answer.

the desi answer is 8.8 ie 9 rolls because we will not throw away the waste bits but glue them together to get what we need at least cost.

nobody i know throws away extra ribbons like that, they are used
:lol: Correct! Especially since the use case is room decoration where the decorations are usually viewed from afar.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:04 am

IIRC, Suzanne also defended HR during the Kangana fiasco which is ongoing. She has been quiet vocal about it too.

rsingh
BGR Newbie

Post by rsingh » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:22 pm

What is this? Math in L&M dhaga? What next ..........Bangaloru floods? Blease to keep L&M straight and simple. Salam to everybody.

Vayutuvan
BGR Newbie

Post by Vayutuvan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:59 am

rsingh(a) ji, two of my fav threads, what a lovely idea. Mort Saab already got fizziks into the mix. Why not math, I ask you.

Javee
BGR Newbie

Post by Javee » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:01 am

This thread need meth not math :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Vikas
BGR Member