Love & Marriage Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Vnms
BGR Newbie

Re: Love & Marriage Nukkad - 01

Post by Vnms » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:19 pm

The propaganda starts at a very early age. There is kids cartoon program called peppa-pig. In this they depict the daddy pig as a bumbling idiot and mommy pig is perfect.

New York City spent 60k on a survey to observe what they call 'man spreading' i.e does a man spread his legs and occupy more space on the trains. The video shows interviews with men on the trains asking them about this spreading. One guy answered that men need more space because their junk is in between their legs.
Another guy said that women are wider at the hips and they too occupy more space.
In all these interviews, you can see females sitting with their purses on the seats beside them.

Go figure..

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:09 am

Raju wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:20 am
:mrgreen:

http://indusladies.com/community/thread ... rse.96841/

I didn't read beyond a few posts then, too much details for me anyways.
Its actually sad to read those stories (of women trying get preg). I have seen a person going thru IUI/IVF and it is depressing. We thank our stars that we were able to do it naturally.

However it wud be fun to read indus posts where women were talkin about how NOT to become preg. That would be fun!

Raju
BGR Newbie

Post by Raju » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:38 am

when you look at the entire discussion without the underlying male hormonal impulses, what you said is also a considered view. They for sure aren't enjoying their sex. They are burdened with targets and performance reviews. Seems similar to a budding fast bowler attempting a reverse swinging yorker in the nets, under watchful eyes and ocassional taunts of the head coach.

putnanja
BGR Newbie

Post by putnanja » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:01 am

True, women in India are under tremendous pressure to have children, and in some families probably more pressure to have boys. When looked from that perspective, I feel sad for women who are under pressure to have boys. Makes them consider all routes however unscientific/funny it might seem to us. I know of couples who had lots of stress trying to have kids. So, I would cut some slack to those discussions. They are looking at it from the end result point of view!

Javee
BGR Newbie

Post by Javee » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:41 am

Agreed, there is real tremendous pressure on women. But its mostly from other women, wanting boys is also mostly from MIL, rather than the husband/male relatives. For all the feminism that Indian women are talking about, this is a paradox, city bred or village/town bred.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:04 am

I thought days of everyone wanting sons are gone, because now a days thinking is that daughters take care of aged parents better than sons.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:46 am

our first kid took a long time to conceive like 6 months. since the good time is only about a week per month , using the ovulation monitor and then scheduling 'attempts' took on all the uncharming air of a scheduled visit to the govt office or dentist and became 'work' not a pleasant hobby or improntu fun session. finally after months of painful slogging it worked. so lets have sympathy for those going through that grind for years and years.

on the surface a license to salvo fire anywhere and anytime is awesome but not with 'deliverables' in mind, it comes hard slog work with uncertain outcome.

Nayak
BGR Newbie

Post by Nayak » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:03 am

Got married, made waifu pregnant within 3 weeks. I even remember the movie we went when we did it prior to going to the theater. "Ek Tha Tiger". :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nayak
BGR Newbie

Post by Nayak » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:05 am

My friend took 8 years and multiple IVF attempts. Was blessed with non-identical twins. Very painful to watch and experience humiliation as a childless couple in Desh.

Nayak
BGR Newbie

Post by Nayak » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:05 am

Is Raju = = Raja Bose ?

AjayKK
BGR Newbie

Post by AjayKK » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:54 am

Nayak wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:05 am
Is Raju = = Raja Bose ?
Raja Bose == Raja as posted by him here...
https://bharatganrajya.com/viewtopic.php?p=407#p407

sum
BGR Newbie

Post by sum » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:30 am

Nayak wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:03 am
Got married, made waifu pregnant within 3 weeks. I even remember the movie we went when we did it prior to going to the theater. "Ek Tha Tiger". :oops: :oops: :oops:
:shock: :twisted:
Very efficient six sigma processes in place

Vnms
BGR Newbie

Post by Vnms » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:48 am

Our first kid was born 10 years after marriage. A couple of ectopic pregnancies and other complications. Tried IUI and finally attempted IVF in desh. Got lucky with ivf. The first 6-7 years was our choice. After that it was not in our hands. Wife had a thyroid level of 92. Our son was conceived normally without any issues about 9 months after our daughter was born.

Let me tell you, the experience of trying ineffectually is horrendous. It becomes a chore. Too clinical. The stress on the wife doesn't help.

Dileep
Site Admin

Post by Dileep » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:23 am

Is there a relation between use of hormonal contraceptives and failure to conceive? I know a few cases among relatives.

Both my boys are surprises. wai-fu have an erroneous cycle. Ovulation delays if she is under tension. So, it happened during the second half of safe period. We were in the "OK if it happens" mind in both cases.

We never used hormonal stuff. Tried IUD first, but got lot of problems. Then stayed on rubber till the younger one was, like four. Then snip-snip onlee.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:32 am

for heavy blood loss, claim is Mirena IUD stops that, any practical experiences and risk factors ? else there is no recourse but a strip of Pause500 hefty tablets every month. I think hormonal == IUD as the coating has some meds that gets slowly released for years and thats what kills the egg or sperm or somehow prevents the fertilization. IUD does not have mechanical role like blocking the fallopian tube. its simply a vehicle to keep a slow releasing drug inside the body at the appropriate place. in that sense its just a replacement for pills delivering a dose of the drug daily which might be forgotten and is a hassle to keep obtaining ?

i have done considerable reading on biology of the human organs and human resident bacteria/other stuff in my spare time . considering what goes on a ceaseless war of chemicals and electrical charges, it is a miracle we are even alive let me say that. just the gut alone has some 150 different types of useful bacteria and forms a good chunk of what we know as the 'immune system' , my son suffers from a flaw in that system which causes eczema - dry skin. there is far from enough understanding of immune system to engineer cures or vaccines from such flaws and we are just scratching the surface of genetic engineering and 'fixing' errors in the genetic codes whether in the womb or after. its a new frontier for this century.

putnanja
BGR Newbie

Post by putnanja » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:53 am

Copper-T IUD which is common in India has no chemicals in it. The copper prevents the sperm from fertilizing the egg. Some report higher bleeding with Copper-T, so makes them uncomfortable. One can have Copper-T IUD implanted for 10 years at a time.

Mirena is the newer one with chemicals on it, that says they will get little to no bleeding. Due to those chemicals, some have adverse reaction to it. It also has effective life of 5 years compared to 10 years of Copper-T.

Contraceptives - many in India believe that prolonged use of it leads to not being able to conceive later on even when stopped. Was also advised by elders not to use it when we got married. However, in countries like US, parents put their girls on contraceptives once they are sexually active (16-17 years old) and people there use it for much longer time. I don't think there is any conclusive proof that contraceptives prevent pregnancies even after stopped. It takes around 3-6 months to conceive after prolonged use. It is also one of the top birth-control methods along with condoms in US, with IUD having comparatively very low usage. In India, IUD appears to be more popular among married women rather than contraceptives.

Raju
BGR Newbie

Post by Raju » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:56 am

How did Karan Johar have twins ? Surrogate or IUI or some new technique ?? Grapevine has it that Salman Khan is also planning for same technique with probably same surrogate.

before these two, shahrukh's third child wad also same technique. Maybe his initiative encouraged the others and acted as mentor to Kjo

Javee
BGR Newbie

Post by Javee » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:26 pm

There is no conclusive proof on hormonal contraceptives and kids, age is the primary factor along with hormonal imbalances in women and other things like PCOS. This subject is so fascinating, the things that normal women take it for granted and these women will have to go through rough treatment cycles to achieve the same. Even after knowing fully well, we have these modern women who take pills to stave off their periods, supposedly a big no-no if you want to have kids later.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:56 pm

society was always harsh on childless couples...and the deluge on social media is not helpful either..

Nayak
BGR Newbie

Post by Nayak » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:43 pm

Life before marriage is pure bliss, but unfortunately, us abduls dont realize it. In the pursuit of female cat, we fall for marriage and the assorted package of troubles well hidden during pre-mating rituals, blows up unsuspectingly on the face.

Children, in-laws, spousal tension. Just not worth it.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:59 pm

Nayak wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:43 pm
Life before marriage is pure bliss, but unfortunately, us abduls dont realize it. In the pursuit of female cat, we fall for marriage and the assorted package of troubles well hidden during pre-mating rituals, blows up unsuspectingly on the face.

Children, in-laws, spousal tension. Just not worth it.
Can’t say life was pure bliss before marriage for me. I wasn’t further in my career and money was more limited. Although I earn more today, the need to save is higher as my kids (D1&D2) are coming of marrying age. I do know that hex is a LOT better today, although mijjle isn’t as hard as long as it was in early 20s, but both SHQ and I know what we want and delivering Big Os is routine. Though less experimenting these days since we have a fixed formula for guaranteed performance. We need it at least thrice a week or we just start sniping with each other.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:01 pm

becoming that creepy bitter old unmarried and childless uncle is no fun either. had a few folks like that in extended family. none of them had a better latter half.

Raju
BGR Newbie

Post by Raju » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:15 pm

meeting of souls/energies can have many implication. Sometimes it is creative, and sometimes it is destructive. You can talk for hours before marriage, but it doesn't mean anything.

My criteria for compatibility is, can you relax around each other without being judged. Neither you judging her, and neither she judging you. This is bottomline of comfort factor and compatibility.

Nayak
BGR Newbie

Post by Nayak » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:17 pm

IOW, fart in each other's presence, gracefully without holding back the sound effects. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Raju
BGR Newbie

Post by Raju » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:21 pm

Nayak wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:17 pm
IOW, fart in each other's presence, gracefully without holding back the sound effects. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

that too. :mrgreen:

but that isn't a problem anywhere, because everybody farts. It is the best kept secret for humankind.