Cricket

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Marten
BGR Member

Re: The Cricket Corner Thread

Post by Marten » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:05 pm

TI tottering at 27-4 in the second T20i. All four to one dibbly dobbler who bowled four at a stretch. MSD doing his thing. Time for Pandey to be given time off to play in Ranji.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:22 pm

Bring in Rishabh Pant as understudy in T20s to Dhoni.

Dhoni gone.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:43 pm

Playing like idiots. Good few will stop giving public gyan I hope.

Sridhar k
BGR Newbie

Post by Sridhar k » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:27 pm

From being a big fan of Virat, I have started hating him after the champion trophy final. For a guy who mouthes off at every opportunity, his pappi jappi with the pakis made me puke

Marten
BGR Member

Post by Marten » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:37 pm

And India A have taken the battle to the NZ A. From 84 for 5, Iyer (90 off 73) and Bawne (83 off 80) brought them to the doorstep of victory. They tied off the last ball!!!

Bawne did the old school trick (Jadeja and Manjrekar fans will be familiar with this pressure tactic) of slowing down and forcing the other batsman to go after the tougher bowler. Miles to go for Iyer to learn these tricks of the trade. Rousing battle indeed. Heartening to know we have some third string teams ready. Pant or Samson or Sundar in that team in place of Hooda or Vijay Shankar would have been nice.

Sridhar k
BGR Newbie

Post by Sridhar k » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:43 pm

They dont broadcast these matches. Always prefer watching the next set of talent coming through

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:55 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8MZkVpebds

Can someone ID the commentator at 4:58? "Hindus have 3000 gods, not sure which one McGrath is appealing to"

Sridhar k
BGR Newbie

Post by Sridhar k » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:53 am

Sounds like Healy but not sure

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

The Cricket Corner Thread

Post by Peregrine » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:32 am

sudhan wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:27 pm
Just realized the Lankans are touring India next month :shock:

This is becoming too freaking much. This is being done to death :evil:
sudhan Ji :

Now you will know the reason Terroristani Sethi is "Begging" to have the Indian Cricket Team play with the Terroristan Cricket Team - As the man said "It is Ze Money"!
Cheers Image

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:22 am

Karthik wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:55 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8MZkVpebds

Can someone ID the commentator at 4:58? "Hindus have 3000 gods, not sure which one McGrath is appealing to"
That is David Hookes

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:52 am

Dhoni hasn't scored when under scoreboard pressure in recent memory. The first time I noticed Dhoni flub an easy chase was during one of the LOIs on England tour in 2013 or 14. After that I haven't seen him win even a single match when under run rate pressure. 4th one day and first T20 are the latest examples. He will probably retire soon on his own going by his track record so far.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Re: Cricket

Post by Aditya_V » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:17 am

Yup, Dhoni has however helped hold the batting in collapses, He will find form soon enough, I see 2 or 3 years 1 day cricket left in him.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Aditya_V wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:17 am
Yup, Dhoni has however helped hold the batting in collapses, He will find form soon enough, I see 2 or 3 years 1 day cricket left in him.
Now that the next world cup is close, Dhoni might play until then. I just keep hoping he will gain his touch back every time he is in a position to finish. So far, he has only disappointed.

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Sri Lankan players concerned about playing in Pakistan

The greatest blow to PCB came in 2008 when the Sri Lankan cricket team’s bus was attacked near Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore

LAHORE: Forty Sri Lankan players have expressed concerns about playing a Twenty20 International (T20I) match in Pakistan in October.

The players sent a signed letter to Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) in which they expressed hesitation about playing a T20I match in Pakistan and asked for the venue to be changed.

Despite the fact that Pakistan has already hosted the final of Pakistan Super League (PSL) and the Independence Cup in Lahore this year, many international players are hesitant when it comes to playing in Pakistan.

The greatest blow to cricket in Pakistan came when, in 2008, the Sri Lankan cricket team’s bus was attacked near Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.

Thisera Parera, who played the Independence Cup in Pakistan as part of the World XI team, did not sign the letter.

Reportedly, SLC will continue talking to the players and will try to convince them to play in Pakistan. If no agreement is reached, there is a possibility that it might send a team of young players to Pakistan.

Cheers Image

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:30 pm

So where are the naysayers who dissed Shastriji? His record is even better than Kumbleji :-P

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:49 am

Have to win in eng sa aus and nz. But this team has it, especially in tests.

Looks like Ashwin and jadeja are now second choice for Odis and Chahal and kuldeep being first choice. Don't know why kohli feels he can blood and groom bowlers but sticking to same set of batsmen with no new blood.

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Post by Peregrine » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Terroristan vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI - Terroristan v Sri Lanka in UAE, 2017 Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

PAK 219/9 (50.0 Ovs)

SL require 220 Runs
Cheers Image

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Upul Tharanga pulls out of Lahore T20I against Pakistan
Sri Lanka's limited-overs captain Upul Tharanga has pulled out of the scheduled T20 International in Lahore later this month owing to security concerns. Tharanga's decision to skip the Lahore game makes him ineligible to lead the side in the first two games of the series as well. Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) had earlier announced that one squad would be picked to play all three T20Is versus Pakistan.
Cheers Image

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:36 pm

sudhan wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:27 pm
Just realized the Lankans are touring India next month :shock:

This is becoming too freaking much. This is being done to death :evil:

sudhan Ji :

Now you will know the reason Terroristani Sethi is "Begging" to have the Indian Cricket Team play with the Terroristan Cricket Team - As the man said "It is Ze Money"!
Watch other sports like Badminton, Hockey (India rated 6th in world) and Football (India now rated 105 after it was 107 in world) where India qualified for Asia Cup.

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Post by Peregrine » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 pm

Terroristan vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI - Terroristan v Sri Lanka in UAE, 2017 Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Terroristan : 219/9 (50.0 Ovs)
SRI LANKA : 187-all out (48.0 Ovs) CRR: 3.9
Pakistan won by 32 runs

Cheers Image

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:22 am

PCB Langoorofied over compensation claim from BCCI

KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has found itself in an embarrassing position over its plans to seek compensation from the BCCI for not honouring the MOU signed between the two countries to play six bilateral series between 2015 and 2023.

Former chairman Shaharyar Khan left the PCB in an awkward position when he told the media in Lahore this week that Pakistan had a weak case against the BCCI and was unlikely to get compensation.

He said that Pakistan's case was weak since the MOU contained a clause that all series between the two countries will be subject to government clearance.

The BCCI has constantly maintained that it can't play Pakistan until its government gives clearance for bilateral cricket.

Ironically it was during Shaharyar's tenure few months ago that the PCB's board of governors had approved filing the compensation claim with the ICC's disputes resolution committee and also seeking $70 million in compensation.

Shaharyar and the Board of Governors also approved $1 million to cover the legal expenses involved in filing and contesting the case.

Soon after Shaharyar's comments were carried by the media, the PCB apparently put pressure on the former chairman to change his stance with present chairman Najam Sethi also tweeting a clarification from his predecessor denying that he ever said Pakistan's case against India was weak.

Shaharyar issued a signed statement in which he said: "I strongly deny a statement attributed to me in the media in which I am supposed to have said that the PCB's case against the BCCI is weak.

"How could I say such a thing when, in fact, as chairman and with the approval of the PCB's Board of Governors, I authorised preparation of a case on the advice of PCB's lawyers and a prominent QC in the UK who agreed that PCB had a strong case against India.

"The media must not distort my remarks and hurt the position of the PCB," said Shaharyar.

But worse was to come for the PCB when video footage was aired by TV channels and put on the social media in which Shaharyar is saying that in some aspects the PCB case for compensation is weak.

"Because there is written (in the MoU) that the series will be held with the approval of both the governments (India and Pakistan), and they (BCCI) can cite that and say we can't come as our government is not giving us the NoC."

Cheers Image

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Marten
BGR Member

Post by Marten » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Winning the Asia Cup and Kidambi winning Denmark Open. What a great day!

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:36 am

KJo wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:40 pm
Crap, how did the Kiwis beat us??
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1802 ... 8-2017-18/
NZ is an unpredictable side especially against India. We should win the series though. Beating India in India is next to impossible with the current team of match winners.