Cricket

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:11 pm

ICC Women's World T20 2018
Match 17 Sat 17 November, 11:00 Local ( 15:00 GMT ) Guyana National Stadium, Providence, West Indies

India Women won by 48 runs

India - 167/8 20/20 ov RR: 8.35
Australia - 119 19.4/20 ov RR: 6.05

Cheers Image

rsingh
BGR Newbie

Re: Cricket

Post by rsingh » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:11 pm

PCB bankrupt.......can not be chooser: ICC :))
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... aign=cppst

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:01 am

Oz 143/6.

And this is where we lose the match. Cummins, Starc and Lyons - all can bat more than a bit.

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:34 pm

Day 3 highlights:

Highlights videos posted daily on Cricket Australia's YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/cricketaus ... v/featured

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:58 am

How many chances will Rohit Sharma get? Going by his innings of 80 odd in England, Ravindra Jadeja is a much improved player and a regular bowler. He could have been a lot more useful on this wicket with his bowling.
Virat Kohli is stubborn and it will be too late before he realises his folly. Ravi Shastri just seems to nod to him in agreement.

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:30 am

Day 4 highlights

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:00 am

I am not having a good feeling about this match. 135 to win, 4 wickets in hand.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:01 am

hanumadu wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:58 am
How many chances will Rohit Sharma get? Going by his innings of 80 odd in England, Ravindra Jadeja is a much improved player and a regular bowler. He could have been a lot more useful on this wicket with his bowling.
Virat Kohli is stubborn and it will be too late before he realises his folly. Ravi Shastri just seems to nod to him in agreement.
RG will get chances until he hits his next massive century with 10 sixers and 15 fours. Then he will have justified his place in the side, after all how can one drop such astounding talent? Then he will suck for another 10 matches until the questions begin and then he will hit his next massive 100. etc etc.

Suraj
BGR Member

Post by Suraj » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:57 am

1 wicket left, 45 runs needed. Our bowling is toothless.

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:05 pm

India Win 8-)

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:34 pm

A win is a win, but I agree that this was not a very convincing win. In fact, I can bet I am speaking for a lot of fans, but at one stage, I thought we would lose, and its frustrating and I was gnawing my teeth at the ease with which the Aus tail enders were playing our bowlers, particular star spinner Ashwin. I mean its a disgrace that Aus were 156/6, and the last 4 managed to to score 135 runs. Very frustrating.

I am huge fan of Ashwin, I have a lot of respect for his cricket and cricketing brain, but he is just short of that extra bit of talent. I mean both earlier this year and now, his counterparts, Moen Ali, and Nathan Lyon looked far more lethal and menacing than his gentle off-spin. The way Starc, Lyon, Cummins, and Hazelwood negotiated him was with complete ease. Most of the time, he made no impact on them on a 5th day wicket. In contrast, Nathan Lyon looked like taking a wicket every ball with his bounce and spin on a 4th day wicket. I can bet you, Lyon would have run through the Indian bating line up under similar conditions.

The second aspect are our tail-enders while batting. Barring Ashwin, all the others, Ishant, Shami, Bumrah caved in like 9 pins.

So on to Perth. I will make some changes: Jadeja for Ashwin (Jadeja has far more pace and bounce which will be an asset on Perth wicket), I will drop Rohit Sharma and Murli Vijay. I would give Rahul another chance. Question is who in place of RS and MV?

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:51 pm

^^^ wel...its not just you. The team coach-wa Ravi Jaishankar Shastri also thought the test might go....his indicated that his 'gand came in his hand' (old jungle expression) while watching the end of the match.
On a side-note, if this match had been held 2-3 years ago, same players, same form, same pitches...chances are good that Australia would have won. With their cheating ways exposed in S.A., and their borderline cheating ways called into question in the investigative report that followed (what they call 'sledging' ..whatever it means) with the PM of Australia himself calling into question the practice they gave to the world of cricket.. they have had to move away from it now. With the previous dispensation in place, the ball would have swung/cut a few overs earlier with their ball tampering, and India would have been about 20 to 30 runs short. And all would have been talking about the Aussie killer instinct and all the associated jazz. One might recall that upto about 3-4 years ago, even umpires appeared intimidated and tended to give close appeals a bit in their favor.....One recalls New Zealand when playing Australia balked at the Aussie choice of umpire (Bucknor) who was told to go home by New Zealand after having flown part way to New Zealand.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:41 am

crams wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:34 pm
Question is who in place of RS and MV?
Hanuma Vihari hasnt put a foot wrong. He can come in place of RS

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:23 pm

India is a traditional slow starter abroad. Loses T1 or barely saves it. The fact that we actually won means that we will beat the crap out of white pakis 4-0.

Is PP Shaw fit for T2?

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:44 am

We will run through their batting lineup in the second innings and win this match.

Suraj
BGR Member

Post by Suraj » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Kohli's dismissal was a grassed catch. Whatever happened to giving batsman benefit of doubt in these cases ?

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Suraj wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:34 pm
Kohli's dismissal was a grassed catch. Whatever happened to giving batsman benefit of doubt in these cases ?

Yeah bloody cheating white pakis claimed it. I think the ump was SL.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Yep. Remember Rick 'Are you questioning my integrity' Ponting. Same catch...same culture continues.

Aussie cricket culture wont change overnight, even after getting caught in front of everyone in S.A. They will push the grey area/border line as much as they can get away with.

Their on-field cricket character has always been something akin to Pakistani players .....not clear to me why ( 'nation started as a colony of hardened convicts from UK' thing does nto fully explain it)...i.e. win at all costs,and the 'push/cross the line and see if you can get away with it' approach. It is easier to get away with it in Australia. So I dont expect any better. It is the same gang, but a bit chastened now after the SA tour. With Bhajji and the Maaki stuff, the upstanding cricketers from Australia took it a couple of steps beyond.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Watch the exchange between Kohli and Paine.

https://streamable.com/i89zn

I like it how we give it back and even give it first. We had years of timid captains and players until Saurav-da put some steel in the players.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:08 pm

Screwed up team selection again. KL Rahul should play. Perhaps Vijay too. Rohit Sharma should never play another test. At least I hope they make Rohit Sharma open, so we are not any worse off than in the previous tests.
I am not even sure Jadeja is fit enough to play. It seems to be forced by BCCI to include him in the eleven.

I have seen Mayank Agarwal play in the IPL for several years. I have zero confidence in him. His record is really poor for an opener in the IPL.

M Inn NO Runs HS Avg SR 100 200 50 4s 6s
64 59 3 938 68 16.75 124.4 0 0 3 92 38

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:47 am

Virat Kohli:
We considered Rohit as an opener, but he can be lethal with the tail. He can change the game in a session batting with the tail. We want him to play freely.
How many situations like this arise in one's career? Test match wickets are not one day wickets to slam bang a 50 or 100.

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:10 pm

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:39 am

India wins the 3rd Test against Australia @ Melbourne by 137 runs :twisted:

So, debutants who made a triple century against Jalandhar Railway Staff Canteen are good enough to beat Aussies on their home turf :lol:

krisna
BGR Newbie

Post by krisna » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:02 pm

Our pace trio of Bumrah Shami and Ishant are the best in business taking over 131 wixkets this year. At the top with west Indies top pacers over 2 decades ago.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:18 pm

1. This is quite the departure from a decades ago where no one would acknowledge Indian fast bowlers, calling them 'quick' and medium-fast. The aussie captain himself said this time that this is best pace attack in the world right now.
2. I am beginning to think that many aussie citizens are probably closet racists (a major charge to make against a nation, frankly) but I think it applies to a sizeable % of their population. I am sure many aussies are not racists but this test brought out some latent behaviors in people at the stadium. I read news articles about how the crowd of spectators started chanting 'wanker' and 'where's your visa' at the Indian team. This came to a point where the stadium authorities had to intervene and threaten people with eviction. (Racism amongst Aussie players is evident in their on-field behavior (visible and invisible to the camera) from the 60s to 80s if not later).