Cricket

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Gus
Forum Moderator

Re: Cricket

Post by Gus » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:35 pm

we have some grievances about aus in the past and if we see an opportunity to crap on them..nobody should grudge us..

as long as we don't go full BD fanboi :D

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:47 pm

I have no sympathy for the Aussies or Smith's crying.

Ban them all for life. At this level if they thought they could get away with cheating, they don't deserve any mercy. Off with their heads.

Much as I hate the Pakis, I wish Javed had decapitated that POS Lillee.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:34 pm

I am absolutely pained to see SDREs shedding tears for these White Pakis. From Slater sledging Dravid, to the Maaki incident, and the most recent tour's Dressingroom Review System incident, I detest them! This Prithviraj Syndrome of shedding tears for fallen enemies will always be our downfall.

Suraj
BGR Member

Post by Suraj » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:50 am

One question that hasn’t been answered is, after Bancroft stuck the sandpaper down his undies, does he now have one shiny side and one roughed up side down there ?

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:50 am

^^^ The wicketkeeper and slip fielders can make a gentle enquiry about this 9 months from now when Bancroft comes back. For this reason alone, I am absolutely looking forward to the arrival of Bancroft and Smith and Warner in the team. Aussies can charge twice the ticket price for the extra entertainment provided at their expense. Related questions would be: 1. Which ball was tampered with, one or both of them. 2. Which way do the balls swing now after the polishing.

Ashish Raval
BGR Newbie

Post by Ashish Raval » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:29 pm

Suraj wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:50 am
One question that hasn’t been answered is, after Bancroft stuck the sandpaper down his undies, does he now have one shiny side and one roughed up side down there ?
Should make up a good poster for upcoming match against a white paki :rotfl: :rotfl:

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:03 pm

srikumar wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:03 pm

Only Pakistan getting caught like this would give me a greater sense of schadenfreude.
I am 100% with this even though I am aghast with the amount of attention it has got on DDM. Let me explain.

I would have been as thrilled as you and other posters are, had DDM concentrated on the hypocrisy of the white Paki Aussies, pointing out how they mock us and revel in it. I even recall that one Aussie pervert puked in the Sydney morning herald about the caste composition of Indian cricket team and that it was 'upper caste'. Except for some faint voices, there were not many on DDM Chutiya had the intelligence or the guts to ask how many aborigines are there in the Aussie team.

Now let me tell you my problem with DDM obsession. If you observe carefully, the coverage is mostly on theatrics, videos of Steve smith profusely weeping, Warner and his sexy wife weeping etc. Its more about celebrity, its more about the forthrightness of Cricket Australia, their political leadership etc. Add to that the cacophony of current and ex Indian team players like Ashwin and Gambhir and Nehra having way too much time on their hands to show sympathy for Smith. Perpetual anti-Hindu pukes like Pradeep Magazine tweeting about 'hypocrisy' of India to criticize smith (and retweeting by Rana Ayyub etc). All in all, from my vantage point, the DDM coverage, far from mockery of Aussie hypocrisy and sanctimonious feeling of superiority etc; focuses more on empathy and admiration for how Aus is handling this or self flagellation. Its giving way too much importance for the wrong reasons.

Now reverse the scenario. Lets say Kohli was caught with something even a fraction of the kind of cheating Simith & Co were involved in. Just put on your white Paki Aussie 101 hat and imagine the coverage of that in Aussie and other white media. The contempt for India would have been near Nazisque. They would have colluded with some traitors among India's Lutyen elite, many to pick from, and drawn a causal connection between the incident at hand and BJP and ModiJi. The caste angle would galore. But above all, the coverage would have stopped after reinforcing the familiar "This is how lowly these SDREs are" mantra. None of the kind of 3-dimensional coverage on DDM, focusing on both the good and bad of Aus, along with self flagellation and celebrity indulgence thrown in.

So I agree with Jhonty Rhodes, although he may have had other reasons, namely, there is way too much obsession on DDM, and IMO should have been covered along the lines of "this is how white Pakis aussies have always been, except for moral sanctimony" and left it that.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Suraj wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:50 am
you mean down under there

or down underwear there... :rotfl:

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:08 pm

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:48 pm

^^^ Very talkative Bhogle and putting a pedantic voluminous piece of commentary and over analysis. And he didn't touch upon the real reason why us SDREs are enjoying this moment of schadenfreude. And that is Aussie racial and cultural arrogance that they have over us SDREs. If he had the b@alls, he should have attacked that attitude of Aussies with disdain and contempt. Something Aussies would have done, and had perpetrators been SDREs.

Aussie contrition is good but it also borders on the usual white introspection with "we are not like that". This is "un American" or "un Aussie" or crap like that.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:33 pm

crams wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:48 pm
^^^
Aussie contrition is good but it also borders on the usual white introspection with "we are not like that". This is .... "un Aussie" or crap like that.
This is exactly what's nice about it. The ball-tampering is on video for ever, and, when the Aussies say 'this is not us' or 'we are not like this' this is exactly what you want them to say.

Then you say...'Yes, I agree. You guys are the paragon of fairplay that us third-worlders have been wanting to emulate for decades. So you are like the rest us after all? :o And the follow-up question....When did it change? :shock:

And one thing is still wide open and un-resolved.

Smith told the world that a 'leadership group' knew about this plan. And yet the formal findings of the CA investigation says that it was only the big three "Camera-On Bancroft, David Warner and Steve Smith'.

So, the key question is: Did Steve Smith lie to the investigators- and they believed everything (that only these three were involved) or are there others who know and are not caught.

If indeed only these three know of the plan and the CA officials are right that no one else was involved, can you imagine the outrage among the team members who Steve Smith tried to falsely implicate.If this is true, right about now some Aussie players would be seething in fury at Steve Smith. If he shows up next year to play, forget about playing with the team, he would be physically lifted and thrown out of the dressing room by the players he tried to falsely implicate. This is the CAPTAIN of the team. Now the entire team knows that their captain will gladly implicate them in an international scandal just to save his skin. I would not want to be in a team where I tried to draw innocent members into a scandal.

The alternative explanation is that Steve Smith was telling the truth, and this does not look good on the investigation done by CA- they probably know something and covering it up. This also means that there are other players on the team i.e. the leadership group, who knew of the cheating plan and tacitly supported it (at a minimum) , and did not report it.

If Steve Smith was telling the truth, then there are (possible) cheats CURRENTLY on the Australian National Cricket team, playing against South Africa.

Which one is true, I dont know.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:16 pm

^......but either possibility does not look good on Australia. The poison has not been fully expelled. It will be interesting to see how they 'move on' from this.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:23 am

Desis are defending White Pakis better than White Pakis themselves. Even bringing Tendulkar and saying 'Oh even our players did it'. Why are we like this onlee?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:23 pm

twitter
Mard ke bachey aese sab ke saamne ball tampering karte hain. Shalwaron mein cheezen nahi chupatay.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Chandragupta wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:23 am
Desis are defending White Pakis better than White Pakis themselves. Even bringing Tendulkar and saying 'Oh even our players did it'. Why are we like this onlee?

Not just aam desis, but players who have played Australia and faced their abuse and sledging. We are beyond hope. Always virtue signaling hoping people will like us.

TOI had an article saying "SRT also did it"... wtf?

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:23 pm

KJo wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:04 pm
Chandragupta wrote:

Not just aam desis, but players who have played Australia and faced their abuse and sledging. We are beyond hope. Always virtue signaling hoping people will like us.

We Hindus have this high moral ground syndrome. Gandhi was a manifestation of precisely this.

We always go for the moral high ground even if it is a mountain of dead bodies of our own.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:27 pm

Chandragupta wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:23 pm
KJo wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:04 pm
Chandragupta wrote:

We Hindus have this high moral ground syndrome. Gandhi was a manifestation of precisely this.

We always go for the moral high ground even if it is a mountain of dead bodies of our own.
You are right. And why do we do this? Because we crave other's approval. We want people to praise us. We hate being the bad guy (who wins in the end) and prefer to be the good guy who gets the kudos for good intentions (who usually loses).

All these "H&D" types like Prithviraj Chauhan and others were easily manipulated by invaders causing 1000 years of slavery.

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:07 pm

What a catch! :o

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Email
Australia are so morally Bancroft.
What they did is in Starc contrast to the spirit of the game.
Didn't anyone Warner about it?
Couldn't they see it Cummin ?
Even a Lehmann would have known!
They are no longer Lyons.
They are sinking in the Marshes.
Oh my Josh! They are Shaun of any respect now.
There is so much Paine now.
Sons of Mitches all of them.

An Indian would say "Kha, Wah, Ja" doobne!
- Musings of a clever word Smith.

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:12 pm

This is just so incredibly awesome!

Checkout the stride 8-) 8-) 8-) #Respect

Here's the full Padma Awards function. MSD's name is called-out at 1:56

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:21 am

crams wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:48 pm
^^^ Very talkative Bhogle and putting a pedantic voluminous piece of commentary and over analysis. And he didn't touch upon the real reason why us SDREs are enjoying this moment of schadenfreude. And that is Aussie racial and cultural arrogance that they have over us SDREs. If he had the b@alls, he should have attacked that attitude of Aussies with disdain and contempt. Something Aussies would have done, and had perpetrators been SDREs.

Aussie contrition is good but it also borders on the usual white introspection with "we are not like that". This is "un American" or "un Aussie" or crap like that.
Bhogle is a PC poodle trying to please everybody. Thats just his personality can't expect anything other than that from him. Forget the attention etc this incident is getting blah blah...Indians should always remind the Aussies about this incident in one or the other the same way the whites try to remind us our place in every sphere. During the India Aus world cup match in 2015 a famous Aussie TV host asked an India guy on national television if the 7/11s would all be empty today (knowing all indians would be at the stadium, sarcastically taunting the Indians about what kind of jobs they do in Australia) to which the Indian guy replied - Not sure about the 7/11s but the centrelinks (Australia's dole distribution system offices - the freebies for the non-working lazy a$$ed primarily made up of white Aussies) would surely be empty. The look on the TV host's face was worth enjoying :D . This is the kind of language these people understand.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:23 am

If you have lived in Oz and followed Oz cricket you would know that Smith and Warner's tears were fake and pre-planned for sure. Even the white Aussies know this

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:25 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43706190
Flintoff less than impressed with some ball-tampering reaction
It is "absolute nonsense" that only three Australia players knew about the ball-tampering scandal, says former England captain Andrew Flintoff.
So the investigation by CA would have the world believe that only 3 players knew and were involved. This is how Australia conducts a thorough investigation.

There's no way bowlers on the team would not know that they ball is being tampered with.

Someone should also ask CA (or the current captain of Team Australia) if this is the first and only time the team has cheated. Let them say 'Yes, this is the first time'.

So I found this article on google about a game that England lost in Australia. FLintoff might be wondering about this test :lol: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket ... 206590.stm
Warne took two wickets and played his part in the run out of Ian Bell for 26, while Brett Lee found reverse swing with a ball just 30 overs old to make Andrew Flintoff and Geraint Jones look indecisive.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sat May 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Delhi Daredevils has two 17 yr olds and an 18 yr old in their team. They must be thinking IPL is an under 19 tournament. But frankly, they are the ones who are playing well for them.

There is a 22 year fast bowler Prasidh Krishna, from Bangalore playing for KKR. Looks very promising.

Tanaji
BGR Newbie

Post by Tanaji » Sun May 27, 2018 12:00 pm

Pak beats England at Lords where they have won more than they lost 5 w vs 4 l.

This is the sort of a match where whoever wins you feel sad.