Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
SRoy
BGR Newbie

Re: Nukkad

Post by SRoy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:55 am

Karthik wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:31 am
Rahu made my life miserable during most part of Rahu mahadasha, which is for 18 years. It's there in my 12th house and afflicts moon. All possible ways was bad.
Whether a planet or a energy point in far away space affects us or not is debatable. Debatable because "graha" == planet is an English translation, not ours.

My understanding is that Mahadashas are just psychological state of minds for certain period. Rahu is attributed with certain qualities and actions, think of Rahu Mahadasha as a time when our mind behaves in a certain manner i.e. Rahu like qualities/behavior takes over. The external outcome is due to how we think and behave.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 am

Indeed, our lives are affected by the way we think and therefore act in that way. These grahas make us think in particular way depending on where they are presnt in our chart. But I find sometimes if you are in a bad period, the effects are even external, like loss of position in work, loss of money, health issues etc even if you don't do anything differently.

SRoy
BGR Newbie

Post by SRoy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:09 am

Karthik,

Think it over again.

Loss of position in work and bad health is easily attributable to your mental state.

What about external event?
It is again the mental state, because during some times (say Jupiter or Venus dasha) we are able to guess events and make preparations and not only that when an event occurs we are able to present the best possible solution.

One may say, then no planets are involved what's the role of astrology?
The answer is that astrology is able to draw the precise dasha and their effect. This is an alien concept in Western astrology.

I'll give a hint.

There are tons of scriptures describing combinations when Saturn, Mars, Rahu and Ketu will create trouble for you.
You know what's common here? The common theme is when they are in an inimical position with Moon in a persons chart and when these four grahas pass over Moon during annual transits, the trouble arises.

And what's again Moon in all cultures? Our mind.

putnanja
BGR Newbie

Post by putnanja » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:33 am

Its for each person to believe or not, just like anyone can believe in God or be Atheist. I have experienced the ill-effects during sade-saath & for some close relatives too. When seemingly simple things blow up to big things without any logic, hurdles at every simple step, and wondering what the f*** happened & realized am in middle of sade-saath! After that phase passed, everything calmed down. One person might think its coincidence, another might think its due to sade-saath. To each his own!

SRoy
BGR Newbie

Post by SRoy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:42 am

Sade Sati is painful because, Saturn passes over the houses prior, on and after where the Moon is situated. 2.5 years each.
These are the 12th (one prior), 1st (the Moon position) and one after (2nd) house respective to Moon's position in your horoscope.

It's mind game.

People come to believe these effects only after they get a taste of negative side of these influences.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:52 am

putnanja wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:33 am
Its for each person to believe or not, just like anyone can believe in God or be Atheist. I have experienced the ill-effects during sade-saath & for some close relatives too. When seemingly simple things blow up to big things without any logic, hurdles at every simple step, and wondering what the f*** happened & realized am in middle of sade-saath! After that phase passed, everything calmed down. One person might think its coincidence, another might think its due to sade-saath. To each his own!
+7.5

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:30 am

I have gone through sade sath. It was horrible at the start but in the end, Lord Shani helped me.

Marten
BGR Member

Post by Marten » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:36 am

I think almost everyone goes through some pain in the initial period and then finds gains over time. In my case, dad passed away in the first phase, but careerwise, did very well. SHQ nearly lost her mother, but gained me and is in an extended purple patch that I am told will last for two more decades. Just enough for me to retire early. hehe. Folks do gain from going to the shani temple or to hanuman temple or ayyappan temple. Or probably it helps bring positivity to their daily living and thereby makes the time easier.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Israeli Spies Hacked Kaspersky, Discovered Tools Stolen from the US NSA
Israeli hackers who managed to break into the systems owned by Russian-based security vendor Kaspersky discovered hacking tools that were stolen from the NSA, according to reports that were published by The New York Times and The Washington Post.

The Israeli officials then alerted intelligence agencies in the United States of a potential breach of their network, indicating a possible collaboration between Kaspersky and the Russian government.

US officials, including the US National Intelligence Council, has already informed NATO allies that Kaspersky customer database and source code might have been exposed due to a collaboration with Russia’s intelligence agencies, which could have allowed Russian hackers to launch attacks in both Europe and the United States.

Kaspersky, however, says that it’s not collaborating with Russia or any other government, also adding that it’s not aware of any breach following attacks launched by Israeli hackers.

“Kaspersky Lab has never helped, nor will help, any government in the world with its cyberespionage efforts,” the Russian security vendor said. “As a private company, Kaspersky Lab does not have inappropriate ties to any government, including Russia, and the only conclusion seems to be that Kaspersky Lab is caught in the middle of a geopolitical fight,” a spokeswoman added.

The United States government banned Kaspersky software on computers used by its agencies and according to people close to the matter, the FBI is currently briefing public and private companies on the security risks created by software developed by the Russian firm.

Several retail stores, including Best Buy, have already stopped selling Kaspersky software, also launching support services to remove the antivirus from customers’ computers and install a different solution.

According to the newspapers, the investigation started by the US government revealed that Russian hackers managed to steal classified documents from the NSA using access to Kaspersky software, including files stored on home computers of at least one official. Kaspersky security products were running on his home system as well.

At the time of publishing this article, none of the involved parties, including the NSA, the White House, and the Israeli Embassy, commented on these reports.
Could the above be a concerted effort to discredit Kaspersky? It seems like Kaspersky is a popular AV product in India. Was hearing a lot of ads and few people I know use it even on their business computers.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Fastest 100 posts :lol:

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:46 pm

SRoy wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:42 am
Sade Sati is painful because, Saturn passes over the houses prior, on and after where the Moon is situated. 2.5 years each.
These are the 12th (one prior), 1st (the Moon position) and one after (2nd) house respective to Moon's position in your horoscope.

It's mind game.

People come to believe these effects only after they get a taste of negative side of these influences.

Do you know if Jupiter present in any of it's own houses (7 and 10) is actually bad? Some say Jupiter in either of its own houses is good, some say bad.

SRoy
BGR Newbie

Post by SRoy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:01 pm

^^
Karthik,

Depends on ones Ascendant sign.

Its like this.

Imagine looking towards the east. Starting from eastern horizon back to that position all the way up to 360 degrees, we divide the sky (above and below the horizon) into 12 segments of 30 degrees each. Each of these segments are zodiac signs. And when someone is born the first sign situated between 0 to 30 reckoned from the east is their Ascendant sign. It is called Ascendant because it is rising (just as sun rises from the eastern horizon). We call it the Lagna in Sanskrit.

Coming to your question, there is a rule that good grahas owning quadrant (1, 4, 7, 10) are extremely bad, and bad grahas owing the quadrants are extremely good. So, Jupiter "if" owning 7 and 10 is extremely malefic/bad. After owning 7 and 10 wherever Jupiter is posited will only add or reduce its strength (positioning only affect the strength), but will not change its predisposition.

If this is in your chart, then you are Gemini Ascendant. For you Venus and Saturn are very powerful benefics. They will balance out any mischief from Jupiter and in their own Mahadashas you will have increase in position, authority, luxury, wealth etc.
Last edited by SRoy on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:15 pm

Mine is mithuna lagna (Mercury). Astrologer says Jupiter doesn't like Mercury. Because of this, my guru mahadasha will not be good.
Also, when Jupiter is placed in a kendra house falling in its own Rashi viz dhanu or Meenam or in its exalted sign cancer, doesn't Jupiter get Hamsa Yoga, which is supposed to be good for the native.
Last edited by Karthik on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SRoy
BGR Newbie

Post by SRoy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Sorry, yes your are Gemini Ascendant (edited that part). Venus and Saturn are the most beneficial for you.
The way it works like is this. Venus and Saturn will do good in their own Mahadashas. And not only that they will reduce Jupiter's malefic influences.

Yoga/combinations are general rules. At primary levels, good and bad yogas balances out overall.
At more specific instances, when analyzing per ascendant, the graha pre disposition towards a person will prevail over yogas/combination.
Yoga/combinations are possibilities, but that should be backed by willingness on part of the graha make that possibility happen.

Jupiter is the most benefic, natural benefic, his malefic behavior manifests in form of not giving us the luxuries and happiness that he is naturally supposed to dispense. Another aspect of malefic Jupiter is getting the person addicted to vices like alcohol, gambling and sensual pleasure. So, self control is the key.

But remember, Jupiter being a natural benefic also means despite his malefic behavior he cannot bring upon things that natural malefics like Saturn and Mars dispenses like accidents, thefts, fire, diseases, injuries, misfortune, poverty etc.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Thanks! SRoy ji.

salaam
BGR Newbie

Post by salaam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:44 pm

jamwal wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:18 am
How can celestial bodies crores of kms away affect someone just by his/her birthdate ? I don't believe that astrology is real.
Let me provide an anecdote from my early childhood. I don’t know whether attribution should be given to palmistry, astrology and/or just connection of a human with mysterious powers.

Characters:
My Aunt -> Married and living in Lodhi Colony Delhi
My Uncle -> Just completed college, in Delhi looking for a job.
Myself -> In early childhood, with bua (aunt) in Delhi for summer vacation.
Palmist/Astorloger/Superior-Intelligence -> A leper with no fingers, but stubs on all his hands and feet. Even the face is affected. Henceforth called X.

Anecdote:
My uncle was passing time sitting under a fan during scorching Delhi afternoon and watching tv in evening. I was too young to take cognizance of such cosmic bodies. I had utter contempt of the ‘ball of fire in sky’, as it curtailed my cricket time to evenings.

My aunt after cooking for us for a few days, got bored and took my uncle to visit X.

X used to sit on the pavement two blocks from our digs. He had a few books on palmistry/astrology and a pan-handles small hindalium bucket. He also had a magnifying glass, which he held using the palms of both hands.

During consultations he would look at palms of hands, soles as well as lines on the forehead. He might also had asked some questions regarding birth date/time and such, which I don’t remember. I was so intrigued with X’s physical deformation as well as his queer request of looking at soles and forehead that I don’t remember anything verbal except what he said at the end of the roadside consultation.

He gave my uncle a date and told him not to drive a car.

Let’s go forward to the above-mentioned date and imaginarily travel to a totally different city. My uncle had all but forgotten about the prediction and went out on an errand driving a Bajaj/Girnar scooter. From nowhere a girl (about 8) ran towards him, got hit and died on the spot.

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:25 pm

Astrology may not be real but ESP sure is. All of us possess it to varying degrees, some more some less. I know I do too at a greater than average level and have seen it in action many times. It has nothing to do with being a sadhu sant. One of my grandfather's friends (tiger killing one not the Computer making one) possessed it to an extreme degree but he was also a student of aghori tantric practices. He was no ascetic sadhu either and was in fact a very wealthy industrialist close to Bandit ji.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Raja wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Astrology may not be real but ESP sure is. All of us possess it to varying degrees, some more some less. I know I do too at a greater than average level and have seen it in action many times. It has nothing to do with being a sadhu sant. One of my grandfather's friends (tiger killing one not the Computer making one) possessed it to an extreme degree but he was also a student of aghori tantric practices. He was no ascetic sadhu either and was in fact a very wealthy industrialist close to Bandit ji.

I think ESP is a form of Machine Learning. In your mind, you create a large equation of various parameters and can "predict" what will happen next based on this mental equation.

Or maybe ML is a form of ESP :-)

Marten
BGR Member

Post by Marten » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:28 am

Any math model requires both experience and creativity. ESP is the creative aspect, bring open to what folks might think is kooky. Most of us have these inexplicable experiences but are afraid to call it a premonition or ESP. That sense of deja vu and inevitabilitu of any situation based on what we saw/dreamt...

Raju
BGR Newbie

Post by Raju » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:39 am

this was a viral whatsapp/fbook forward a few weeks ago. Let's check if this comes true or not. He claims to have similar visions before 2004 tsunami.

anishns
BGR Newbie

Post by anishns » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:01 am

^^^
Seems bogus to me...

The domain espindia.com does not exist and also busted at snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/indian-ocean-eart ... tion-2017/

Raju
BGR Newbie

Post by Raju » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:05 am

I called him and did some chit-chat, he picked up the phone and confirmed he wrote the mail to PMO as well as sent mail to BBC, who have him on a panel of ESP experts.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:18 am

Mullahs any suggestions for places with visit within 200km of Chennai?

Sridhar k
BGR Newbie

Post by Sridhar k » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:48 am

What type of places? Mahabs, Pondy, Yelagiri, Kone falls in Andhra, Vedanthangal, Pitchavaram etc would be something you would know

Spirtual/Temples. Can suggest quite a few if you are interested

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Aditya_V wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:18 am
Mullahs any suggestions for places with visit within 200km of Chennai?
As a veteran road tripper ex chennai who do you ask this?