Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
shravanp
BGR Member

Re: Nukkad

Post by shravanp » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:27 am

Guys any idea on how is Mortullah doing? Haven't seen his posts for a while.

sum
BGR Newbie

Post by sum » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:30 am

Saar i think he is pretty active on BRF

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:00 pm

twitter

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:48 am

https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/off ... ht-1806522
urology resident doctor delivers baby in plane. what if baby was breech or failed progression ..why was a heavily pregnant lady allowed to be onboard.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:33 am

the "father"of our nation..........

twitter

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:43 am

twitter

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:01 am

chetak wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:33 am
the "father"of our nation..........

twitter

Today, He would be charged with killing his wife and thrown behind bars.

BhairavP
BGR Newbie

Post by BhairavP » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:35 am

saip wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:02 am
Raja wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:57 am
Singha finished 5:57.
I was expecting him to crack 5:00. How was the weather in Bombay this time around?
Hot! Had a tennis tournament that morning, quite hot.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:09 pm

I walked most of the last 17km with heat suffering and a progressing left hamstring nag
And first half itself was very slow like 2:50 without knowing i lost 10 mins from plan
I was never in shape for even 5:15 this time so started with a 5:30 bus but they too pulled ahead
Body and legs felt sluggish and lacked pop

Marine drive last 6k was hell on earth with sun and exposed road reflecting white heat. Ppl hugged a little strip of shadow on left. I left the road and walked on footpath for more shade. Some dehyated ppl sat or lay down on the footpath in a dizzy state, rest were walking in death march mode at 31c

I barely made it under 6

Mumbai extracts a 15-30 min tax over blr or delhi timings.

On previous day i visited my uncle and had fish, mutton, murga and 3 small glasses of wine but i dont blame that its mainly being way above optimal weight at 85kg and not enough heaty runs and saggy 10k timings

After collecting the excellent medal, limped to hotel and then limped to beer cafe in churchgate for a huge mug of wheat beer and murga steak before taxi to airport

Passed mr janardan a 84 yr old maverick from
Blr who was finishing in 6;40 as i limped to hotel

Left toenail dying as usual from the last 10k even though i walked this time

people slunk under the small strip of shade provided by the trees on left. I was entirely on the footpath deeper in shade from babulnath temple where it starts to brabourne stadium where it turns inland again. terrible! the revolving restaurant on top of hotel ambassador marking the turnoff looked like it would never appear. its behind the nearest lightpost in the pic.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:09 am

shravanp wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:27 am
I haven’t died yet.

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:14 am

SHQ went to Japani consulate recently to apply for her multiple entry visa (insult to injury: $8 for Indians, free for Pakis :evil: :evil: ). I kept a sharp lookout for those stern Japani ladies Suraj san had once mentioned but looks like they weren’t around. Today I went to collect her passport back and they were still AWOL. Instead there was a friendly Japanese guy handling things.

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 am

Singha saar, get the toenail removed permanently. After I got my left big toe nail removed, I have no worries of it dying coz it has permanently attained moksha onlee.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:34 am

Mort Walker wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:09 am
shravanp wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:27 am
I haven’t died yet.
Good to hear saar. I know its not the same as burka forum as it were in brf glorious .

Btw the GDF was suppsed to be shut down at brf, how come its still there? (Though nobody is contributing)

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:40 am

Raja wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 am
Singha saar, get the toenail removed permanently. After I got my left big toe nail removed, I have no worries of it dying coz it has permanently attained moksha onlee.
Ewww. I will take my chances on it regrowing each time.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:14 am

twitter

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:33 pm

Singha wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:40 am
Raja wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 am
Ewww. I will take my chances on it regrowing each time.
Pah! Such squeamishness does not suit such a SF warrior. Sometimes facing the surgeon’s knife is the right choice.

Suraj
BGR Member

Post by Suraj » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Raja wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:14 am
SHQ went to Japani consulate recently to apply for her multiple entry visa (insult to injury: $8 for Indians, free for Pakis :evil: :evil: ). I kept a sharp lookout for those stern Japani ladies Suraj san had once mentioned but looks like they weren’t around. Today I went to collect her passport back and they were still AWOL. Instead there was a friendly Japanese guy handling things.
Hah. She got lucky. Even SHQ commented on how 'school teacher like' the behavior of that stern faced lady was, when we went to get son's passport and my visa . I have a multiple entry visa, so no more dealings with them for a few years.

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:22 pm

In the online reviews of the SF Japani consulate that stern lady finds many a mention. Looks like the Japani version of the infamous Chennai US consulate burkha lady who used to terrorize hapless F1 visa applicants.

Suraj
BGR Member

Post by Suraj » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:38 pm

She doesn't terrorize anyone. She is humorless and by the book, in that very Japanese way. She corrected my estimated journey length because flight took off at just past midnight and I wrongly counted journey length by one day :geek: Doesn't demean applicants, at least not me. The problem is that Japanese visa rules are badly written in English. The original Japanese explanation lists some precise steps, details that the English translation does not convey. This is particularly so for spouse visa.

In reality, Indians applying for Japanese visa have it quite easy. The fee it pointlessly low. The cost of getting to downtown SF is higher . While TSP is one of the countries in the fee waiver list, those all get higher scrutiny and longer processing times too, whereas we get special treatment in the form of $8 (was $7 when I applied) multiple entry visas no one else gets (either so cheap or so liberal in number of trips and duration), and they do it quickly.

I'm surprised they let you pick up your SHQs bassbort though. For our little one, they were clear we had to bring him back to pick it up, even though the rulez say kids have to claim citizenship within 3 months of birth, which meant we took him to apply at 2.5 months of age, and again to pick up the bleddy bassbort at 3.5 months, stroller and all.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:37 am

My missus is making her first bijnesh trip. To Suraj San's sasural. :D
She's visited there about 2 decades ago from her HK work place on a company fun trip.

Is there a visa for Khan citizens?

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:40 am

No visa for Khans going to Japan. Not while Khans have littered that country with military bases for 50+ years.

Suraj san, they have a pickup authorization right on the receipt itself. When I strolled in thru the door, the guy at the counter spotted me right away and called me over.

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:48 am

Khan passport has 1 use onlee - visa free travel to most places. The only visa I have is for chipanda. I have some pages full of Japani immigration sticker/stamps - they neatly align the new one next to the old one like arranging a stamp collection.

Suraj
BGR Member

Post by Suraj » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:27 am

I’ve never picked up anyone else’s non Japanese passport there, but when it’s a Japanese passport in question , they do make the applicant pick up in person , even if applicant is 3.5 months old . I know that, because SHQ asked me to go pick up son’s newly issued passport and the matron overruled her and said the baby had to be present while picking up his passport . She tried to remonstrate with them but naturally they would not budge .

Guess they’re more liberal with visas on phoren passports . Yes they do stamp it very elegantly. In comparison the Brits at Heathrow put their entry stamp right upon their business visa sticker itself :roll:

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:07 pm

They have a weird babudom rule that they cannot mail you back the passport after granting visa if you live within 100 mile radius. Total PITA to drive up to SF twice in 2 weeks. That’s why it’s not surprising they want applicant to pick up own Japani passport even if applicant is younger than the paper his passport was printed on.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:28 pm

Raja wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:48 am
Khan passport has 1 use onlee - visa free travel to most places. The only visa I have is for chipanda. I have some pages full of Japani immigration sticker/stamps - they neatly align the new one next to the old one like arranging a stamp collection.
It’s reciprocal. Visa free travel to travel to several countries with which the US has agreements with. UK citizens have to register on line before travel though.