Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
vishvak
BGR Member

Re: Nukkad

Post by vishvak » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:13 am

Meanwhile in Japan new time period is declared with distinct features - no BS about clash with earlier era. Guess Japanese don't give fk about log kyaa kahenge (meaning international gang of believers) propaganda and go about doing their own cultural affirmation/re-enliving without much ado.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:10 pm

Even though Shazam has been received spectacular reviews & RT ratings (93% as I type with 150 reviews in), the OW numbers will be muted. Current projection is tracking around 55-60 Mil USD in US and around $50 Mil in China.

So far most people who have watched it love it but still the traction is just missing. In France & S Korea, it seems like the admission numbers have been dismal.

The biggest mistake this movie made is releasing between two MCU heavy weights. Captain Marvel was a mediocre movie but most of them wanted to wet their appetite for Endgame and went out to see it in huge numbers (having Marvel tag also helped immensely) and just crossed $1 Billion BO today. Of course, the political controversy surrounding Brie Larson's comments made the average movie goer take notice of the movie if they hadn't done before and got a lot of people charged up to support the movie.

And with Endgame releasing just 3 weeks, it is a must watch for most CBM/casual people (& early rumours suggest that it is really good) and hence families would rather save money & watch Endgame, rather than spend $50 or more (avg money spent on going to movies...just tickets alone) on a DC movie whose character is not well known.

The saving grace for Shazam would be its low budget. Rumoured to be around $90 Million, even if it does $500 Mil total BO, it would be considered a decent hit. I may be expressing a pessimistic attitude prematurely and I hope I'll be proven wrong, else DC has a hard time catching a break.

Both Spider-verse & Bumblebee received similar high praise from critics & 90%+ rating from critics, but did not set the BO on fire. However for both, there was room to make some money due to their long legs. Shazam doesn't have the luxury of long legs. In 3 weeks time, most movie screens wanna cash-in on the Endgame mania and will gladly remove Shazam (& other movies) from their roster.

I will be going & watching Shazam this weekend. I do hope people here who usually watch these kinds of movies will watch it as well.

Suraj
BGR Member

Post by Suraj » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Vikas wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:39 am
So if an ex-Indian citizen is stripped off his citizenship by the host country (as it is happening with a Indian who became British citizen in 2014),
Can the said person be deported to India ? If Yes, then under what convention since the person would have relinquished his Indian citizenship so technically he can visit India only on a visa and that too only if he has Passport of the host country ?
What happens to such Nationality-less people ?
Didn't see this until now, but the answer is that this depends. Some countries are signatories to the UN Convention on reducing statelessness. They have laws that will ensure you maintain your citizenship IF it's shown that there's no other citizenship you are eligible for.

As UK is a signatory to the convention, a British citizen cannot be stripped of their citizenship if they have no other citizenship they are eligible for. In this example, India doesn't automatically re-accord citizenship . India is not a signatory to the convention and will take away your citizenship as soon as you acquire another passport. If you lose it later, that's the person's own problem.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:01 am

Zynda wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:10 pm
Even though Shazam has been received spectacular reviews & RT ratings (93% as I type with 150 reviews in), the OW numbers will be muted. Current projection is tracking around 55-60 Mil USD in US and around $50 Mil in China.

So far most people who have watched it love it but still the traction is just missing. In France & S Korea, it seems like the admission numbers have been dismal.

The biggest mistake this movie made is releasing between two MCU heavy weights. Captain Marvel was a mediocre movie but most of them wanted to wet their appetite for Endgame and went out to see it in huge numbers (having Marvel tag also helped immensely) and just crossed $1 Billion BO today. Of course, the political controversy surrounding Brie Larson's comments made the average movie goer take notice of the movie if they hadn't done before and got a lot of people charged up to support the movie.

And with Endgame releasing just 3 weeks, it is a must watch for most CBM/casual people (& early rumours suggest that it is really good) and hence families would rather save money & watch Endgame, rather than spend $50 or more (avg money spent on going to movies...just tickets alone) on a DC movie whose character is not well known.

The saving grace for Shazam would be its low budget. Rumoured to be around $90 Million, even if it does $500 Mil total BO, it would be considered a decent hit. I may be expressing a pessimistic attitude prematurely and I hope I'll be proven wrong, else DC has a hard time catching a break.

Both Spider-verse & Bumblebee received similar high praise from critics & 90%+ rating from critics, but did not set the BO on fire. However for both, there was room to make some money due to their long legs. Shazam doesn't have the luxury of long legs. In 3 weeks time, most movie screens wanna cash-in on the Endgame mania and will gladly remove Shazam (& other movies) from their roster.

I will be going & watching Shazam this weekend. I do hope people here who usually watch these kinds of movies will watch it as well.
I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Much better than the feminist propaganda that Captain Marvel was (I gave it a miss). DC is coming into its own but they need to deliver on Batman & Superman their most popular characters. Till date their best movies have been their B grade characters - Wonder Woman, Shazam and Aquaman.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:14 am

^^ Yup. Very enjoyable film...although better suited for kids than adults. Haven't watched CM, but many user reviews says it is more or less an average movie. Anyways, in Shazam I thought the action could have been better. CGI was low quality in a few places and it is understandable since the budget was low. Henry was supposed to cameo as Supes but apparently things did not work out and hence they had to cameo Supes without head shot. LOL.

Batman movie is in works, directed by Matt Reeves.

It is truly appalling that DC doesn't have a plan wrt Superman. Its most iconic & recognizable Superhero. I think Man of Steel 2 or which ever reboot (considering Henry Cavill is not playing Supes anymore) is one of the most requested movies. I understand, Superman is a difficult character to portray in movies, but the absence of a Supes movie in DC future movie is disappointing. Also Flash movie & Green Lantern movies does not seem to be a priority for DC now. Next year, DC got Birds of Prey movie, Suicide Squad 2 (got me interested since James Gunn will be directing it...the same director of Guardians of the Galaxy) & of course Wonder Woman 2.

It is good that DC is show casing its less known characters in movies and that they are being well received. I hope all these are gradually building up to a real good Justice League movie that is deserved.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:56 pm

So there is a leaked footage of Avengers Endgame snippets in circulation. May be a little hard to find considering Disney/Marvel has been forcing sites to remove it. Folks who are interested enough to search may find it still if they persist enough. Anyways, it is onlee 10 days to go until theatrical release. Will not post any spoilers here.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:51 am

twitter

I’ve discovered Egyptian ads for the erectile dysfunction pill Virecta & I’m never gonna be ok again

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:03 pm

https://twitter.com/SriSri/status/1119961921179066368

Watch the video in the tweet folks. Its mind bending. Meditation can improve your intuition to another level.

@SriSri
Following Following @SriSri
More
Students of Kamla Mehta Blind School,Mumbai did intuition practise for 40 days led by @Artofliving teachers @ShreyaChugh1 & @pallavi_dutt. Some can now identify colours,shapes,pictures & also read w/o braille.The Principal sees a difference in their studies,health & soft skills.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:11 pm

twitter

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:27 am

next time you decide to stop off by a roadside vendor for that cool sherbet, DON'T!!

twitter

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:15 am

twitter

Rice varieties, indigenous ones saved in Wayanad. See the variation in colour....we have killed all these in the name of green revolution

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:11 pm

The same difference between noodle eaters and rice eaters (SDREs)

Only in India - never knew that a lungi has so many uses

watch the video till the end.

twitter

Difference between Singapore and Indian snake catcher

https://twitter.com/RatanSharda55/statu ... 4626188288

rsingh
BGR Newbie

Post by rsingh » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:09 pm

I watch "visa to explore" Youtube Video. Theses days host is traveling to Assam. In his latest video he told that there are more than 300 varieties of rice in that region. Guys please watch his video. Plain explaining. No fancy terms or expensive innovative cooking. Just ethnic food of that area.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:19 am

I guess not many CBM fans either here or on BRF...I vividly remember having vibrant discussion on BRF nukkad around the time of Avengers 1 release. May be people involved have over grown them.

OMG Avengers Endgame is gonna do 1B USD BO this weekend alone. I saw it on Friday evening...was floored. Had some slight issues with ending & other aspects, but the last one hour was pure comic book gold. But this movie serves as an ultimate send off to a few characters and finale to culmination of the last 11 years of MCU saga. I thought I will hang up my enthusiasm levels for MCU movies post-Endgame but all MCU did was get me more excited for future movies bar the upcoming Spiderman: Far From Home. I was totally not on board for next year's Black Widow movie but now I am excited. Some how, I also liked the portrayal of Captain Marvel in this movie. She did not have much to do in this movie but what ever she did was awesome. Got me a little excited for future CM movies.

Also made me sad about the current state of DC movies. As a more of a DC fan rather than Marvel, I was hoping that we would see some think like Endgame style battle in Justice League with principal members taking on Darkseid...some day we will see it.

Paid 800+ INR for ticket but one of the few movies (after URI) I felt the ticket price was worth it.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue May 28, 2019 7:36 am

Does anyone know how to get medical certificate from a doctor for driving license in Mumbai ?
The RTO website says 'Govt Doctor' and not any doctor. Can I just walk into a hospital and get it signed/stamped by a doctor.

Rajesh_MR
BGR Newbie

Post by Rajesh_MR » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:21 am

I have done that in Bangalore, Kerala

Vyoman
BGR Newbie

Post by Vyoman » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 pm

I am looking for one erstwhile breaper/badass marathoner "raja bose". I am near your place.. can we meet for a drink or two?

tweet me @saikanomie

any others? how about Mort et al.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:01 pm

twitter
Flipkart was launched in 2007.

On line shopping before 2007

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:29 am

twitter

These are the varieties of Rajma (kidney beans) found in #Uttrakhand alone. So much choice for foodies. Courtesy @drsureshpant. PC - Ashish Gairola.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:32 am

twitter

It fell a long time ago, but it never gave up.

Lesson to learn.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:25 am

Watch the just published video featuring versified English translation of the entire Bhagavad Gita chanted like the original Sanskrit verses.

You can follow the entire Gita easily since every verse is chanted in English.

The translation is authentic and more importantly the verses were used over two decades to teach teenage kids about Gita and how to interpret in life situations. It is equally valuable to adults also.

If you like it you are most welcome to forward to the Youtube link to anyone interested to get an overview of the entire Bhagavad Gita, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQVCd7- ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQVCd7- ... e=youtu.be

video featuring versified English translation of the entire Bhagavad Gita

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:30 pm

New York Post Verified account @nypost

Thousands of 'penis fish' wash onto California beach https://trib.al/83Ugha0

Thousands of ‘penis fish’ wash onto California beach

By Nadine DeNinno
December 13, 2019

It’s a bird … it’s a plane … it’s a penis fish?

Thousands of “pulsing penis fish” have washed ashore on a California beach, as seen in jarring photos that are raising eyebrows due to the creature’s phallic shape.

The quirky marine life is officially called fat innkeeper worms (Urechis caupo), and an expert writes for Bay Nature that he believes a recent storm in the Drakes Beach area is the reason so many of them mysteriously appeared on the beach.

Ivan Parr, a biologist from the Western Section of the Wildlife Society, spotted them Dec. 6 and explains that the 10-inch fat innkeeper worm typically lives underwater, burrowing in mud or sand, but the storm likely carried them ashore.

“I’ve heard my share of imaginative theories from beachcombers, such as flotsam of a wrecked bratwurst freighter,” he writes.

However, Parr explains that a sausage ship accident is not the cause of this scene.

“We’re seeing the risk of building your home out of sand,” he says. “Strong storms — especially during El Niño years — are perfectly capable of laying siege to the intertidal zone, breaking apart the sediments, and leaving their contents stranded on shore.”

The spoonworm, which can live up to 25 years, feeds and swims using its “spatula-shaped proboscis.” It typically eats bacteria, plankton and other small particles, which it collects using “sticky mucus nets.”

Parr says he’s heard of sightings over the years in California at Pajaro Dunes, Moss Landing, Bodega Bay and Princeton Harbor.

The creature dates back 300 million years and also can be eaten. An anonymous colleague at The Post who has dined on a stir-fried fat innkeeper worm in Shanghai, China, describes the taste as “like a Livestrong band mated with a clam.”

Vyoman
BGR Newbie

Post by Vyoman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:04 pm

phamalee phorum hain kya?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:28 pm

An incomplete #painting by Leonardo da Vinci has just been discovered.

This #portrait of an Italian noblewoman uses chiaroscuro & same enigmatic #expressions.

Jury still out on whether it preceded the Mona Lisa or did da Vinci find this #muse later.

Nayak
BGR Newbie

Post by Nayak » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:03 pm

Nukkad is slow bois....

Dont see the usual suspects posting interesting trivia.....