Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
saip
BGR Newbie

Re: Nukkad

Post by saip » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:26 pm

When I visited the branch in Mid January, I gave them copies of my and my wife's aadhar cards and checked if there is any problem with the accounts ( I am not required to link Aadhar as an 'NRI' nor supposed to even have the card). I was assured everything is OK. Now I got a phone call from Bombay head office and he assured me he will try take care of it. He too did not know what this 'declaration form' is. I have accounts with Kotak and SBI. Both are fine. i expected this behavior from SBI and not a private bank (I think ICICI is a private bank).

I think I know what this declaration form is. Kotak had one too but they gave a link where I can access it and print it. Basically it asks for the same details like Passport nos, visa details, addresses etc with a photo (how many hundreds of photos I must have distributed in India!!). But if I send the same form it might be rejected as it is not "their' form. I do not understand after Uploading all the documents why I need to file this declaration form with basically the same details. But that is how it is I guess.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:52 am

Is an Aadhar card only for people staying in India? I am planning on opening an En Aar Eye account, so was wondering if it is needed. For what its worth, I no longer have any other bank accounts in India.

Narasimha
BGR Newbie

Post by Narasimha » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:57 am

You may need it for things like filing returns etc and if you have property they are asking Aadhaar number when selling registering etc.

saip
BGR Newbie

Post by saip » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Shakuni wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:52 am
Is an Aadhar card only for people staying in India? I am planning on opening an En Aar Eye account, so was wondering if it is needed. For what its worth, I no longer have any other bank accounts in India.
As far as I know. you are NOT required to link your Aadhar no with PAN no etc if you are an NRI (i.e Indian citizens who have not lived in India for half the year during the past Financial Year). AFAIK you can not even get the card. But for strange reason in India even non-Indian Citizens (like me who have become US citizens two decades back but have an OCI card) are called NRIs. There are two types of accounts for 'NRIs' NRO (Non Resident Ordinary - you may make deposits in rupees or foreign currency but withdraw ONLY in Rupees) and NRE (non Resident External - You can deposit ONLY in foreign currency but withdraw in rupees or Foreign Currency - I have never tried to withdraw in FC though it is theoretically available). I have both these accounts.

Finally after almost ten days they sent me a link for 'declaration form'. It is really a brief form. All it says is that what I said is true and if not I have to give them my first born and everything I own now and hereafter.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:11 pm

Thank you Saip saar!
Any guidance on your experience with banks? Some HSBC wallah keeps calling every once in a while regarding that, but I'd rather die than hand over my money to a chicom bank. I used to bank with Kotak and Union Bank of India and was fairly satisfied with services, but perhaps the NRI banking experiences might be different.

Shandilya
BGR Newbie

Post by Shandilya » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:03 am

Happy Hanuman Jayanti everyone!

Been back to desh after a long longeee time, and am so ecstatic to witness a Hanuman birthday appreciation procession doing rounds in good ole Amdavad (From Camp Hanuman (thusly named per location inside cantonment) to Vasna).

Organizers had water/ganna juice/snacks stations every 2 kilometers throughout the city and extended suburbia. Procession itself had 50+ beautiful floats with Hanuman statues in his various roops from TV serials to traditional. Orange scarfs with Hanuman slokas were given out, so many followers of all ages in cars, bikes, scooters, walking, and in state transport buses chanting Hanuman chalisa along with music. Zero inhibitions about "religious sensitivities" Wow just Wow!

Hats off to Amdavad Traffic Police bandobast as well.

Jay Shri Ram! Jay Hanumanji!

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:05 am

twitter

When you accidentally say “Bhenchod” in presence of your father.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:17 am

twitter

Push up bra explained

saip
BGR Newbie

Post by saip » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:44 pm

Shakuni wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:11 pm
Thank you Saip saar!
Any guidance on your experience with banks? Some HSBC wallah keeps calling every once in a while regarding that, but I'd rather die than hand over my money to a chicom bank. I used to bank with Kotak and Union Bank of India and was fairly satisfied with services, but perhaps the NRI banking experiences might be different.
Ten days ago I might have said ICICI bank. I had the accounts for something like 15 years ago and never had a problem. But now their freezing of my accounts without warning and unable to help for so long I am not sure. I have accounts with SBI and Kotak. SBI is a typical Government Bank. Big and impersonal. But because it was close to the apartments my family owns and we always had one or two of SBI officers renting them I never had a problem. With Kotak I have very little interaction even though I use their credit card occasionally when I am in India. They do have good public relations dept. They have been calling me every two months or so just to check. When I needed KYC requirements to be met they helped me out. So Kotak it is.

saip
BGR Newbie

Post by saip » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:46 pm

Shandilya wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:03 am

Last time I visited Ahmadabad only thing I saw was cows, cows and more cows on the roads. What did they do with ALL those cows?

ricky
BGR Newbie

Post by ricky » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:37 pm

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovati ... 180968617/
Spilhaus’ vision for this noiseless, fumeless, self-sustaining city included underground infrastructure for transporting and recycling waste; a mass transit system that would slide cars onto tracks, negating the need for a driver; and computer terminals in every home that would connect people to his vision of the Internet—a remarkable prediction, given that computers of the era occupied entire rooms and no one was sending email. Spilhaus envisioned the city holding a population of 250,000 and costing $10 billion 1967 dollars, with 80 percent private funding and 20 percent public.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye2Uju5OUrI

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:53 am

twitter

This is what one thousandth of a second means!

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:21 am

twitter

The sub standard clones left by the British in India are also venal and corrupt

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Shakuni wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:11 pm
Thank you Saip saar!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HSBC is a British bank not a Chinese one

Their service is excellent provided you have good business with them

Shandilya
BGR Newbie

Post by Shandilya » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:47 pm

saip wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:46 pm
Shandilya wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:03 am

Last time I visited Ahmadabad only thing I saw was cows, cows and more cows on the roads. What did they do with ALL those cows?
What! you don't like cows, hain jee!

We gave them good homes and replaced them with swift's, tiago's and i20's. Even my sabjiwala has two.

Aaray bhai kuch din to gujaro gujarat mai

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:30 am

Schmidt wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:18 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HSBC is a British bank not a Chinese one

Their service is excellent provided you have good business with them
Sir, their capital structure is murky at best, and they might even be quitting their HQ in Bartaniya to go back to HK. https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-hsbc- ... B320131209

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:58 am

The smell test.

twitter

एक भी मोदी विरोधी ये बोल दे (अपने दिल पे हाथ रख के)
कि मेरा बेटा नरेंद्र मोदी जैसा नहीं बल्कि बडा होकर
राहुल गांधी जैसा बने,
तो मेरा वोट कांग्रेस को !!

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Salman Khan goes to jail for 5 years in blackbuck case.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:07 pm

strangely 2 decades down the line I wrote a letter to DJ Jodhpur requesting that Salmander Khan must be punished, this was after gory details of him slitting throats of Chinkara appeared in India Today. He would chase them in his jeep till they lay exhausted and then cut their throat with knife.
Tabbu, Neelam, Sonali & Saif were sitting in the backside of jeep witnessing the murderousness.
When chased by villagers they destroyed evidence of hunting and washed jeep with water.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:35 am

Welcome to bollywood saar!

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:06 pm

are these padre guys jobless??

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:20 am

A rerun of Nixon era Saturday night massacre is on the cards.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:05 am

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Eight of the worst popes in church history

Good read on papal sins. The author has a sarcastic/cynical bend in content. An extract:
BORN AS: Benedetto Caetani in Rome, circa 1235.
TIME IN POWER: 1294-1303.
WHAT HE DID: With his "my way or the highway" approach to the papacy, Pope Boniface VIII had a knack for starting fights.
Among his many enemies was the writer Dante Alighieri, whose criticism of the church led to his exile from Florence, Italy, at the hands of Boniface's cronies.
But his most heated feud was with France's powerful King Philip IV.
In 1302, Boniface issued a papal bull -- the church's term for an official proclamation -- which placed Europe's kings and their armies under his supreme command.
Many rulers may have called "bull" on this, especially Philip, who ordered Boniface's capture after he caught wind of the Pope's plans to excommunicate him.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:15 am