Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Javee
BGR Newbie

Re: Nukkad

Post by Javee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:03 am

We have to hand it to these guys, they bladdy know how to make money, and who better to market this than Juicero fame Dough Evans...
Three years ago, Singh began selling raw water collected from Opal Springs in Culver, Oregon, which he claims contains unique probiotics. Consumers in certain areas of California can now sign up for raw water deliveries for as much as $6.40 per gallon. :shock: :shock:
https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/01 ... r-for-you/

saip
BGR Newbie

Post by saip » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:42 am

If this H1B thing comes through who knows it might one of the best things that could have happened to India. With a million or so RTI guys/girls you can have lot of startups even if only small percentage of them try. We could have a google, a facebook or a twitter or better all built in India spread all over the world. Ten years from now India could become the world's IT superpower not just provider of IT services to the world.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:52 am

Gurus, I need to file a patent application in India via the online process and I don't want to spend anything on patent lawyers. Has anyone had experience doing this?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:12 am

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:45 am

he is on work visa and been there 2.5 years

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/indian- ... eststories
Federal authorities in Michigan arrested a 34-year-old man after a woman said that he sexually assaulted her on an overnight flight when she fell asleep next to him.

The man, Prabhu Ramamoorthy, who prosecutors said was an Indian national living in the United States on a temporary visa, was charged with aggravated sexual abuse and held without bail after an appearance in federal court in Michigan on Thursday.

Ramamoorthy is accused of abusing a 22-year-old sitting in a window seat next to him on a Spirit Airlines flight from Las Vegas which landed in Detroit early on Jan. 3, even as his wife was by his side.

The victim told investigators that she woke up to find her pants and shirt unbuttoned and the man's hand inside her pants.

Marten
BGR Member

Post by Marten » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:59 am

By temporary, perhaps they mean temporary immigration visa. I find the entire story incredible. How dumb could someone be to try such a stunt with his wife next to him? The pill story indicates there is more to the story. Chap is screwed, especially if he is working for an Indian services major. If he ends up working for Tatas, KJo will personally file charges against him. :D

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:07 am

Note how easily and smoothly such bills are passed
Lok Sabha passes bill to hike salaries of judges.

CJI- From ₹1 lac- ₹2.80 lacs

SC judges & chief justices of HCs- ₹90k- ₹2.5 lacs

HC judges- ₹80k- ₹2.25 lacs.

Javee
BGR Newbie

Post by Javee » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:30 am

This abuse story is a little disconcerting, whether to believe that a man brazenly unbuttoned someone else shirt and pants in a public place with his wife next to him or that some one can sleep through when an unknown person could unbutton their shirt and pants in a public place and put his hand inside their private areas. Either ways, there is something fishy in the story.
He later altered his story, telling an FBI agent that he might have unclasped the sleeping stranger's bra 'while playing with it' and had cupped her breasts over her blouse. :facepalm:

The court filing states that Ramamoorthy also admitted that he 'unzipped the woman's pants part-way and put his finger in her pants' in an attempt to digitally penetrate her, but was ultimately unsuccessful.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... plane.html
Last edited by Javee on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:31 am

Rare n Elegant Sengalam from Sri Rajagopalaswamy temple in mannargudi with a head full of hair

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:37 am

Chandragupta wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:52 am
Gurus, I need to file a patent application in India via the online process and I don't want to spend anything on patent lawyers. Has anyone had experience doing this?
Have only done it in massa but not in India. Glad to know that India has online facility to file patents too. However, unless you are just filing a provisional patent or you are very experienced drafting your claims properly, I would highly recommend using the services of a good patent lawyer.

In other news, my massa University’s patent office in its infinite wisdom transferred all the rights to some patents to us inventors moons ago. Now they are trying to threaten us to let them get a share of the pie coz those patents landed some licensing deals resulting in good royalty. All they will get now is a collective middle finger from us. :rotfl:

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:42 am

Raja wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:37 am
Chandragupta wrote:
Have only done it in massa but not in India. Glad to know that India has online facility to file patents too. However, unless you are just filing a provisional patent or you are very experienced drafting your claims properly, I would highly recommend using the services of a good patent lawyer.

In other news, my massa University’s patent office in its infinite wisdom transferred all the rights to some patents to us inventors moons ago. Now they are trying to threaten us to let them get a share of the pie coz those patents landed some licensing deals resulting in good royalty. All they will get now is a collective middle finger from us. :rotfl:
My aim is twofold -1: to get a patent pending tag on my products (to somewhat discourage some potential cloners) and 2: once the product is out, I can then look at whether it makes sense to go for a full patent or not. I do not want to spend a fortune on patent lawyers specially when I cannot back it up later against Chinese clones. So for that would a provisional patent application work?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:03 pm

twitter

POTUS, FLOTUS and LOTUS

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:18 pm

twitter

I don't understand how a snake even begins to organise a trip like that.

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:54 pm

Chandragupta wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:42 am
Raja wrote:
Chandragupta wrote:

My aim is twofold -1: to get a patent pending tag on my products (to somewhat discourage some potential cloners) and 2: once the product is out, I can then look at whether it makes sense to go for a full patent or not. I do not want to spend a fortune on patent lawyers specially when I cannot back it up later against Chinese clones. So for that would a provisional patent application work?
You don’t need to file a patent to write pat. pending :twisted: A provisional patent gives you a 1 year window to make any changes you want and basically gets you your place in the line 1 year in advance. Does India have first to file or first to invent right now?

At the end of the day unless you are willing and able to enforce your patents via licensing (saam daam) and litigation (dand bhed) they are not too useful commercially. And you need to make a call whether the IP you want to patent is something you really want to patent (which means you need to be able to detect infringement and it should be something that cannot be easily bypassed to avoid infringement) or keep it a trade secret (no public revelation of how it works).

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:15 am

Raja wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:54 pm
Chandragupta wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:42 am
Raja wrote:

You don’t need to file a patent to write pat. pending :twisted: A provisional patent gives you a 1 year window to make any changes you want and basically gets you your place in the line 1 year in advance. Does India have first to file or first to invent right now?

At the end of the day unless you are willing and able to enforce your patents via licensing (saam daam) and litigation (dand bhed) they are not too useful commercially. And you need to make a call whether the IP you want to patent is something you really want to patent (which means you need to be able to detect infringement and it should be something that cannot be easily bypassed to avoid infringement) or keep it a trade secret (no public revelation of how it works).
India follows first to invent I think. My intention is just to write patent pending so I thought why not just file a patent application. Although, like you said, I could just write patent pending & be done with it. :lol:

But I think I will go ahead and file an individual provisional patent application just for the sake of it.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:22 pm

the latest cheeni health fad - donkey skin and meat

needless to say they are stripping africa of all its donkeys

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/scie ... pe=article

they operate like locusts, devastate one area, then move on the next...

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:51 am

it seems the central americans have been deftly exploiting massa after every misfortune...now DT is calling them out one by one
people are still milking the 'benefits' of a disaster in el salvador some 17 years later!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 48041.html

then there are lakhs of 'dreamers' a nice name for totally illegal migrants who have sneaked in....but they dont threaten the jobs of the middle class goras so wide political support to stay vs punishing legal h1/gc aspirants.

tried and true well honed bangladeshi tactics . nobody has really interfered in central america for generations yet they are unable to pull themselves up. china pulled itself up leveraging korean, japanese and taiwanese investment to start with and then american.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:48 am

Singha wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:22 pm
the latest cheeni health fad - donkey skin and meat

needless to say they are stripping africa of all its donkeys

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/scie ... pe=article

they operate like locusts, devastate one area, then move on the next...
What ?? What happened of all the Paki Donkeys who is taller and Fairer than African Donkey ?

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:51 pm

So it seems like the recent H1B doom & gloom news which was at least highlighted in a big way in INDIAN Media was apparently a hoax. There is a Non-profit Org. called Immigration Voice which is supposedly fighting & providing voice for legal immigrant populace. Apparently, one of the members created this hoax by leaking the memo of Trump administration may cancel H1B extensions which could mean that folks who don't have GC by then should legally quit America. Now they issue a statement saying that we (IV) convinced USCIS to retain the extensions and blah blah blah. I doubt USCIS would listen to a non-profit org...so the whole thing seems like a scam to create panic among immigrant community and then promise that IV will increase the fight and solicit donations and show victory.

So a sigh of relief for many H1B applicants, especially from India & China...the countries with most backlogged GC dates.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Many of the riders of these Superbikes on BLR roads drive rashly often at speeds which are not suitable for in-city driving. One of my neighbour's kid recently bought a Ducati and on Sat nights & Sunday afternoon...his "gang" of bikers gather around near his house before departing god knows where to feel adventurous. But before they go, all of them start revving their bikes...definitely a noise issue but I can let it slide on Sunday afternoon/evening but not on Saturday night at 10 PM+.

At the same time, I definitely feel & fear the mob justice mentality of our populace.

An incident which occurred a couple of days ago.

Bikers beaten, bikes thrashed by mob after an accident resulted in the death of a child
This morning saw many riding group members around Bangalore receive a cautionary message. It warned riders from riding towards Chikkballapur. At the Bullali junction near Nandi Upachar, a rider had come in contact with a child on the highway. With the child (an 11 year old girl) dead, villagers took the highway in huge numbers and targeted every rider using the highway on both sides of the carriageway.

The message was sent forward by a rider who was passing at the time and gauged the seriousness of the situation. While he did manage to ride away, other riders from his riding group were held up in the ensuing violence. The area falls under Aavathi, Devanahalli taluk of Chikkaballapur.

As news of the accident spread, a mob orchestrated immediate violence and brought all traffic on the highway to a standstill, and threatened further destruction. While police were able to contain the situation in time, mob justice was meted out to all riders passing the highway at the time.

Indian Highways are not designed for high-speed (>75 - 80 Kph)...unless one is really familiar with the route...being aware of common points used by herds, villagers at crossing points etc., better to maintain speeds around 80 Kph. No point in blaming the system...

First reported in TeamBHP thread link.

Update states that two SIs were suspended and 10 of the villagers were arrested for attempt to murder, violence charges etc.

Ultimately sad passing of a young kid...:(

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:30 am

these riding groups gather in large numbers on weekends and either ride to nandi hills or up toward the Andhra border. a bunch of restaurants near this incident site cater to this crowd. on Aug15 a huge "pride rally" takes place where all groups do a combined ride up the nandi hills.
only a few of them ride unprofessionally , rest are normal middle/rich class munnas, some with munnis in the pillion.
i have not felt threat vector radiation from these folks yet.

but there are always some wayward speed demon trying to be outlaw 1%er

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:08 am

Don't see any advantage of having double decker stacking. It pushes up CoG, wont have ground clearance where you have electrical lines overhead.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 pm

The male engineer who got fired by Google for sending out a memo detailing how gender affects programming or tech ability is now suing Google. But his lawsuit goes off the track by including allegations that Google practices discrimination policies during hiring which are specifically again White male folks; Google encourages or creates an environment which is hostile for conservative white males (he alleges that While males who have conservatory views are booed at meetings, company retreats) etc. So far just one more former Google employee has been part of the party that is suing Google. Their lawyer hopes that more will come out in the open and join the lawsuit.

If his lawsuit was against wrongful termination, perhaps he could have some good grounds but with the above it appears frivolous.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:13 pm

sith lord steve bannon...out of breitbart.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Imran khan marries again this time to his spiritual guru secretly in London. As usual his family learns through press https://tribune.com.pk/story/1603569/1- ... -marriage/