Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
chetak
Forum Moderator

Re: Nukkad

Post by chetak » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:48 pm

The present Chairperson of the NGT, Justice Swatanter Kumar, has been in office since 20 Dec 2012.
The term is for five years.
Do you see the haste with which these orders are being passed?

Mandar Joshi‏
@mandarjoshisays
Follow Follow @mandarjoshisays
More
1. #NGT passed this order /Direction on Plea Of one “Gauri Maulekhi “ Who is Gauri Maulekhi 🙄??
9:44 PM - 13 Dec 2017
Mandar Joshi‏
@mandarjoshisays
Dec 13
More
2. Gauri Maulekhi ji a Dehradun-based animal rights activist,inspired by current Union Minister for Women and Child Development and animal rights activist Maneka Gandhi
Mandar Joshi‏
@mandarjoshisays
Dec 13
More
3. Gauri ji is a co-opted member of the Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI), advisor to ‘Maneka Gandhi ‘ and also the member-secretary of People For Animals (PFA), Uttharakhand
Mandar Joshi‏
@mandarjoshisays
Dec 13
More
4. Gauri ji has been a close associative of Maneka Gandhi for more than two decades !! Did Madam @Manekagandhibjp Knew about her Intentions ?? Most probably ‘ YES ‘ , I speculate!!
Mandar Joshi‏
@mandarjoshisays
Dec 13
More
5. Madam Gauri Maulekhi ji also filled a case on - "pollution and danger to public health" caused by horses, ponies, mules and donkeys, which are used to carry pilgrims and goods from Katra to the Vaishno Devi temple!! Vaishno Devi Pilgrimage was also targeted ?
Mandar Joshi‏
@mandarjoshisays
Dec 13
More
6. Madam Gauri had filed the case through advocate Aditya Singla in #NGT and had sought directions to ensure that no equines (horses, ponies, mules and donkeys) are used in the region of the Vaishno Devi shrine!!
Mandar Joshi‏
@mandarjoshisays
Dec 13
More
7. The 50000 Limit On Devotees by #NGT to Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir was also due to Concerns Of Madam Gauri Maulekhi ji !! She has been able to get Lot Of verdicts-Favouring her Cause Recently 🤓! Is Hand Of Devi ( That BJP Minister) ‘is Involved ?#IWonder
Baagad Billa
@shivkumarssingh
Dec 14
More
Replying to @mandarjoshisays
Kam se kam jiska tweet thread copy kiya usko credit to de do mandar Joshi Sahab @loosebool
Mandar Joshi‏
@mandarjoshisays
Dec 14
More
I did not copy from his timeline. This thread came as a single WhatsApp post to me and I posted it here. I admit that I should have written "Author Unkown" but forgot in the heat of the moment. Hope u understand.
Saffron Aura‏
@Saffron_Aura
Dec 14
More
No worries, you shared fantastic information.
anant‏
@anant_d
Dec 14
More
Replying to @mandarjoshisays
Thank you for the well researched thread!

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Looks like the tax bill in the US House of Rep passes 227 to 203. Senate likely to pass too. Signed by tomorrow by Trump.

This is a tax increase on many upper middle class due to $10K SALT deduction limitation. The personal exemptions go away for those who have large families as it was $4050 per person. This sucks for salaried professionals with post graduate degrees.

saip
BGR Newbie

Post by saip » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Tomorrow's headline today from Real News "Trump Signs Biggest Tax Cut in History -- FOR HIMSELF. Thank You America". #Make America Great Again --IMPEACH TRUMP

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm

Even in low or no income tax states, property taxes can be $3/sq. ft. You end up hitting the SALT limit of $10K quickly.

saip
BGR Newbie

Post by saip » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:23 am

In CA prop taxes are around 1.1%. So a family with two kids and a million dollar house with a 750k (30k interest @4%) mortgage making 400k (two income) will have around 25k in state taxes. Now they can deduct 65k. With this new act they will be limited to 40K. Definitely lose out. About doubling of standard deduction is all hogwash. They got rid of AMT for businesses but not for individuals. I am not sure the surcharge on medicare is still there.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:39 am

heh..i remember one respected member telling that massa indians have other concerns, like 'taxes' (for supporting trump).

i sold my house..so don't have a dog in this fight anymore..

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:20 am

saip wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:23 am
In CA prop taxes are around 1.1%. So a family with two kids and a million dollar house with a 750k (30k interest @4%) mortgage making 400k (two income) will have around 25k in state taxes. Now they can deduct 65k. With this new act they will be limited to 40K. Definitely lose out. About doubling of standard deduction is all hogwash. They got rid of AMT for businesses but not for individuals. I am not sure the surcharge on medicare is still there.
I see this biting families more in the $150K-$200K AGI that have children who are over 17.

The AMT threshold for individuals and family has been raised to $500K and $1M respectively. Originally $120,700 and $160,900.
The surtax on medicare of 1.45% will remain.

A lot of other exemptions go away such as investment expenses, tax preparation, other state taxes like excise tax on new vehicles, unreimbursed job expenses like parking, job search, professional memberships, uniform/protective clothing, home office, etc.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:34 pm

PM ji invited kohli and Anushka for a chai in his office after marriage...

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Singha wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:25 pm
The Anxiety Industry

https://captainserval.tumblr.com/post/1 ... y-industry
Excellent. The clarity of thought is amazing. You need to write books.

saip
BGR Newbie

Post by saip » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Mort Walker wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:20 am

I see this biting families more in the $150K-$200K AGI that have children who are over 17.

The AMT threshold for individuals and family has been raised to $500K and $1M respectively. Originally $120,700 and $160,900.
The surtax on medicare of 1.45% will remain.

A lot of other exemptions go away such as investment expenses, tax preparation, other state taxes like excise tax on new vehicles, unreimbursed job expenses like parking, job search, professional memberships, uniform/protective clothing, home office, etc.

8. Curbs who's hit by AMT: Earlier bills called for the elimination of the Alternative Minimum Tax. The final version keeps it, but reduces the number of filers who would be hit by it by raising the income exemption levels to $70,300 for singles, up from $54,300 today; and to $109,400, up from $84,500, for married couples.

CNN

This is the Phaseouts:

The bill also ups the phase-outs a lot: The income levels above which a chunk of your exemption gets reduced, say $0.25 for every $1 above those thresholds. The old phase-out points were $120,700 for singles and $160,900 for couples. The new levels will be far higher, $500,000 and $1 million.

CBS

I am now confused. So if I make less than million I WON'T be affected or if I make more than 109,400 I WILL be affected? Which is it?

Vayutuvan
BGR Newbie

Post by Vayutuvan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:17 pm

Mort Walker wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm
Even in low or no income tax states, property taxes can be $3/sq. ft. You end up hitting the SALT limit of $10K quickly.
We pay almost $10K as I have about 3640 sft and 1000 sft of finished basement for which I pay ~9800/PA property taxes. CA guys have it much better because they have much better living and scope for outdoor activities, hiking, beaches, etc. You pay for that life style. We pay in different way - Gym memberships, tennis court fees (in winter), and increased travel costs to go to vacation destinations. US economy is not geared towards savers.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:46 pm

>> US economy is not geared towards savers.
When in Rome be like a Roman :)

I think this Tax Plan which includes massive reduction in Corporate Taxes will benefit in creation of jobs in US. Boeing, AT&T and a few other companies have already announced that they are passing some of the savings towards their employees. Boeing has dedicated $100 million towards work force enhancement which includes expansion, retraining etc.

May hit outsourcing to an extent...means for us folks in Desh...the dull market streak might continue. BTW, what is the prediction of Indian IT industry & job market for 2018?

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:57 am

The tax bill was designed to extract more taxes on the upper middle class east and west coast states. The upper middle class in the rest of the US will be hit to a smaller degree. If one hasn't already maxed out on their 401K contributions, it would be best to do that instead of getting hit on taxes. For 2018 it will be $18,500 plus $6,000 more for >=50. For those already maxed out, then this tax bill will bite.

Companies are coming out like AT&T and FedEx stating the reduction in corporate taxes will boost their profits by billions. For companies like GE & IBM it matters less since they have more than 25% of sales from outside the US and able to hide away profits from the tax man. For others like Wal Mart, I suspect this tax bill will be a great boon for them.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:59 am

Vayutuvan wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:17 pm
Mort Walker wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm
We pay almost $10K as I have about 3640 sft and 1000 sft of finished basement for which I pay ~9800/PA property taxes. CA guys have it much better because they have much better living and scope for outdoor activities, hiking, beaches, etc. You pay for that life style. We pay in different way - Gym memberships, tennis court fees (in winter), and increased travel costs to go to vacation destinations. US economy is not geared towards savers.
States like CA have high taxes, but have now stabilized state finances. CA is now obligated to drop state tax rates to help its residents, or it will be a state for just rich people.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:23 pm

https://youtu.be/d7PQMc8aI5I
Saraswati Films‏ @mmpandit
Follow Follow @mmpandit
More
My short film "Freedom for Hindu Temples":
Tens of thousands of Hindu Temples in India have been taken over by various state governments who have maintained their illegal and unconstitutional presence for the last many decades in these temples.

saip
BGR Newbie

Post by saip » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:32 pm

Today is Dec 21, 2017. Was not there a PROPHECY that earth will be shaked and all of us will deathed before the end of the year? I have ten days to go. My advice to everyone -- finish off everything on your bucket list. You never know, these prophecies could come true.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:36 pm

saip wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:32 pm
Today is Dec 21, 2017. Was not there a PROPHECY that earth will be shaked and all of us will deathed before the end of the year? I have ten days to go. My advice to everyone -- finish off everything on your bucket list. You never know, these prophecies could come true.
Hooray! I can tell SHQ that I don’t have to take the leaves or go to work next week.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:07 pm

What would most men (and women) do if they had only 10 days before the world ended? - no conditions attached

Vayutuvan
BGR Newbie

Post by Vayutuvan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:56 am

Zynda wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:46 pm
>> US economy is not geared towards savers.
When in Rome be like a Roman :)

I think this Tax Plan which includes massive reduction in Corporate Taxes will benefit in creation of jobs in US.
I concur. I would rather that CA residents refi their homes and/or take loans and buy rental properties (in multi-family units) elsewhere. They can form an LLC and deduct expenses. Win-Win. $750K limit is going to depress RE prices in CA in a few 'lost cause' subdivisions/developments/towns bringing down "cost of doing business" in those areas (or so one hopes). Otherwise they - Californians - are shooting themselves in the foot.

One more thing: There is lot of hand wringing re. permanent tax reductions for corporates but temporary for individuals/families. These dem asse... err ... donkeys are missing the point that corporates would not have any incentive to move here if The Bern or gauwd forbid russian agent Warren actually become the POTUS come 2020 and corporates are taxed out of existence. Now they can plan their capex better.

Vayutuvan
BGR Newbie

Post by Vayutuvan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:07 am

Mort Walker wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:57 am
Companies are coming out like AT&T and FedEx stating the reduction in corporate taxes will boost their profits by billions.
Higher profits will be distributed as dividends in most companies that are normal, i.e. not these half-a$$ed 'growth growth growth' social networking trash. $19 billlion for whatsapp, a few tens of billions for Linkedin (hello is anybody home at M$?), Uber selling their self-driving car B$ where as Amtrack/WA spend $180 million and the train goes off the rails the very first day. Incompetence all around. Bitcoin tanked 20% today but CNN is bothered about rooskie interference. Nothing nada on McCabe, Ohr but lot of gassing re. the Barea College from The Bern. This would have been amusing if not for the hurt they asses are causing to the economy/future of the US.

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:50 am

Is Nimrata Haley trying to out-trump Trump or what? Such thuggishness is not even demonstrated by pakis at UNGA. :rotfl:

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:39 am

imo signaling and positioning for a post-trumpian role in some CxO suite as a straight shooter and tough negotiator

this is unlikely to be a 2 trump run

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:30 am

Kabir wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:07 pm
What would most men (and women) do if they had only 10 days before the world ended? - no conditions attached
Most would protect their families, many will rape. Women will remain indoors, guarded by their male relatives. Not going to be fun, those 10 days.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:48 pm