Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Zynda
BGR Member

Re: Nukkad

Post by Zynda » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Singha saar, is this your new blog?

https://captainserval.tumblr.com/post/1 ... pps-tumblr

The name sounds like something you would chose :)

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Did folks here watch that very disturbing graphic video of an ex-cop from Mesa, AZ, shoot & kill an individual in the hallway while the individual is sobbing & begging for this life? I started watching part of it and could not finish it. It seems like the ex-cop was acquitted by the jury. Truly puts a picture to "Shoot first ask questions later". Wow.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:59 pm

Zynda i can neither confirm or deny such impious rumours.
Meow meow

ArjunPandit
BGR Newbie

Post by ArjunPandit » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI5Evnl7VWM
1. Sambit patra should not have debated with this gutter insect, he's like one those pigs in your batch that everyone wants to slap
2. Have been seeing the narrative that that how many leaders have their kith & kin in army and that's being used to question any action by army be it SS,

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:35 pm

All new cars to have air bags, seat-belt reminders after July 2019
NEW DELHI: The government has made it mandatory for all cars manufactured after July 2019 to have air bags for drivers, seat-belt reminders, speeding alert systems beyond 80 kmph, sensors for reverse parking to avoid accidents and manual overrides over central locking system for emergencies.

“Motor vehicles of category M1 (cars), manufactured on and after the 1st day of July, 2019, shall comply with the additional safety features and its requirements stipulated in AIS-145 -2017,” the notification issued by road transport and highways ministry on Thursday said.

TOI on October 29 had first reported about the timeline for rolling out these safety features in cars. Currently, only luxury cars have such features.

The mandatory frontal crash test at 56 kmph and side crash test at 50 kmph for all new models have already been effective from October. For existing models, these tests will be mandatory from October 2019. Moreover, the government has also set the timeline for each model to pass the test of “protecting of pedestrian and vulnerable users” by improving the bonnet design to reduce the impact of accidents.

“We have introduced speed alert system since speeding alone accounted for nearly 74,000 of the 1.51 lakh deaths in road accidents. The audio alerts will start when the speed crosses 80 kmph. The alert will be sharper when the vehicle crosses 100 kmph, and non-stop when it’s over 120 kmph,” said a transport ministry official.
The mandatory air bag is onlee for drivers not for front passenger. Wish they would have made front two airbags mandatory. Personally, I would prefer not to have any kind of audible reminders about speeds but I get the intent behind it. There are videos on Youtube of folks doing 160 Kph+ on Indian highways. Although I wish they have better speed enforcing capabilities through better policing rather than introducing systems like audio warnings!

Suraj
BGR Member

Post by Suraj » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:52 pm

nachiket wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:17 pm
Suraj wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:22 pm
Thank you, Dileep-etta ! Unlike in Peearreff I can add people to my foes list here . Mods can’t do that :)) :evil:
But apparently, if you had someone on your foes list prior to becoming a mod, they remain there :twisted:
I think the chances of Rahul Mehta (the only member on my list) becoming mod here are very low :twisted:

Vayutuvan
BGR Newbie

Post by Vayutuvan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:46 pm

Sachin wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:20 am
Links shared with me:-
https://www.akshayapatra.org/history
https://www.akshayapatra.org/tmdonation
Are these genuine?
One of the main movers is Mohandas Pai (ex-CFO of Infosys). His tweets are pretty much Indic. They (I mean some akshayapatra sale/mktg. people) are somewhat left leaning but probably that is sort of required to counter the EJ who are riddled with lefties.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:41 am

Suraj wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:52 pm
nachiket wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:17 pm
Suraj wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:22 pm
Thank you, Dileep-etta ! Unlike in Peearreff I can add people to my foes list here . Mods can’t do that :)) :evil:
But apparently, if you had someone on your foes list prior to becoming a mod, they remain there :twisted:
I think the chances of Rahul Mehta (the only member on my list) becoming mod here are very low :twisted:
I'm so glad I haven't made it to your list....yet. :mrgreen:

But it does bring a good point. If one has a disagreement with a BRF mod on BGR, can he/she be banned? And vice-a-versa too?

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:34 am

That would be totally unethical to do. If that has happened it is adharma

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:20 am

twitter: @Captainserval

passing it on from the lethal 12kg cat

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:14 pm

BLR police have given OK for Jayadeva flyover to be razed down for Namma Metro. I guess will have to avoid that part for the next few years. Sigh...we in BLR are subjected to constant inconveniences due to poor and short sighted infra planning. Worse is that authorities don't put up viable alternatives.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:04 pm

Namma metro should have been underground all the way like in london.

this overground circus on pillars is a road to nowhere.

hard rock saar yes, but do it properly.

they are going to dig up ORR all over again for pillar based metro. which means hell++ on the already hellish service roads.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:04 pm

I think cost of metro going underground is exorbitant and authorities claim they don't have moolah in the coffers. But yes given our urban density of housing and low on roads, it would have be prudent to go underground. Would have spared whatever little major roads we have now. Entire stretch from RV Road, Jayanagar to Marthahalli will be hellish for the next few years and that road is the jugular wrt connectivity from S BLR to Marthahalli.

abhik
BGR Newbie

Post by abhik » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:23 pm

You guys are complaining about pillars, have you been on the Nagavara - KR Puram ORR stretch recently?

Mahakala
BGR Newbie

Post by Mahakala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:47 pm

They've been white topping that stretch for weeks now and entire traffic goes through the service road which is akin to the surface of mars. Terrible planning. Dust levels in the city are unbelievable.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:32 am

the trace element of cobalt in the pervasive fine white cementish dust coating the city is causing me allergic itchiness in my lower leg where the socks are worn . I had myself tested with a allergy patch test a few years ago and it came back +ve for cobalt.

with elections due, every MLA and ward councillor is arranging to blacktop the broken roads with a thin layer for show. this without fixing the base of the road by peeling off the old crumbled weak layers or arranging for drainage to be fixed.

onlee positiv neuj is the speed humps get absorbed and neutered as the road level rises

on another note the RMZ ecoworld group is now demolishing the derelict hulk of the Shangri la hotel which they purchased from adarsh. all the slabs from 13th floor down are being broken and brought down by a giant crane, where a truck with a jackhammer cracks and makes them loose rubble.

looks like another behemoth office will come up there to make our leaders richer and create more "Seats" for some IT satrap to rule over and please his gora overlords

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:18 am

Singha wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:04 pm
Namma metro should have been underground all the way like in london.

this overground circus on pillars is a road to nowhere.

hard rock saar yes, but do it properly.

they are going to dig up ORR all over again for pillar based metro. which means hell++ on the already hellish service roads.
Only 45% of London underground is actually underground. But Chennai is planning on all underground 70km odd next phase. It's funny if they say Bang doesn't have money.

Mahakala
BGR Newbie

Post by Mahakala » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:36 am

Singha wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:32 am
the trace element of cobalt in the pervasive fine white cementish dust coating the city is causing me allergic itchiness in my lower leg where the socks are worn . I had myself tested with a allergy patch test a few years ago and it came back +ve for cobalt.

with elections due, every MLA and ward councillor is arranging to blacktop the broken roads with a thin layer for show. this without fixing the base of the road by peeling off the old crumbled weak layers or arranging for drainage to be fixed.

onlee positiv neuj is the speed humps get absorbed and neutered as the road level rises

on another note the RMZ ecoworld group is now demolishing the derelict hulk of the Shangri la hotel which they purchased from adarsh. all the slabs from 13th floor down are being broken and brought down by a giant crane, where a truck with a jackhammer cracks and makes them loose rubble.

looks like another behemoth office will come up there to make our leaders richer and create more "Seats" for some IT satrap to rule over and please his gora overlords
and add to the already fcked beyond repair traffic.

One of the things youou get to observe if you don't have to drive yourself is the persistent haze in the air throughout. Helped along by the cooler weather and fog, dust and smoke seems to hang in the air aided duly by road and construction dust.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:56 am

took me 2 hrs from bellandur to richmond town today, normally around 45 mins.
reason is adugodi to forum mall is being concreted so one side closed. northbound traffic diverted toward diary circle.
entire koramangala is being reworked incl in smaller roads.

the level of the new concrete layer seems equal to the footpath, so not sure how the drain holes will work :facepalm:

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:47 pm

Phoren countries are hiring well known but not A-list Indian celebrities as brand ambassadors to plug-in their respective nations on SM. Kinda use their existing clout among Indian diaspora to promote.

Australia recently issued PR to one such gal and she is officially one of the tourism brand ambassadors.

London/UK may be trying to do something similar here.

Manushi Chhillar Is Living The London Dream
Manushi looks super cute as she enjoys a cup of hot chocolate in the freezing temperatures. Isn't it the perfect 'inspirational' picture for your instagram feed?

Who wants to go to London after seeing these pictures? We know we definitely want to.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:44 am

Are the ancient Hindu myths of a land bridge connecting India and Sri Lanka true? Scientific analysis suggests they are. #WhatonEarth

https://twitter.com/ScienceChannel/stat ... 1166600194

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:27 am

is this news? everyone knows there is a line of submerged islands.
its not man made though someone could have bridged a few shallow gaps as a interim bridge of sorts. could have been much wider too.

the bering strait had a land bridge when sea level was lower....the entire initial human and animal stock from eurasia to western hemisphere took place via that bridge.

Javee
BGR Newbie

Post by Javee » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:44 am

its not even islands more like sand bars. They grow and decrease in size because of tidal activity.
https://www.geospatialworld.net/article ... echnology/
http://www.frontline.in/static/html/fl2 ... 500400.htm

Here is a clear shot of the sand bars from Planetsat,
https://wp.bohan.co/images/AdamsBridge/

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:50 am

Singha wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:27 am
is this news? everyone knows there is a line of submerged islands.
its not man made though someone could have bridged a few shallow gaps as a interim bridge of sorts. could have been much wider too.

the bering strait had a land bridge when sea level was lower....the entire initial human and animal stock from eurasia to western hemisphere took place via that bridge.
You mean it need not be built by Lord Ram ?

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:13 am

the last ice age ended around 10,000 years ago right? sea levels receded during that age as more water got locked up as ice?
the end of that age around 8,000BC has a link to the invention of farming and the explosion of human civilization.
I have no doubt the earlier inhabitants of the Lanka, the Veddas and other tribes and wildlife would have crossed over taking advantage of low seas and either land bridge or a convenient chain of islands which were easily crossed using ancient boats. the "Tamil & Sinhala" migration would be much later

the people who inhabit the polynesian region set forth from indonesia and philipines in balsa wood and other rafts and went a long long way. they also had functional long distance inter island voyaging and trade networks because raw materials are hard to find in such coral islands. indonesia and philippines which are each 6000 islands were settled a long time ago by "tribes" who managed to cross deep water straits like the sunda and lombok perhaps in dugout boats with sails. that place was a haven for old growth giant trees.

only the larger gaps like new guinea to australia were not easily bridged by later civilizations so the aborigines and wildlife of australia diverged widely and remained cut off from the main kabila of species of the eurasian landmass. that is why australia has such unique creatures like the marsupials, platypus and many more...and why despite being a continent, its population was so low when the dutch arrived. the aborigines had coastal and river fishing boats but no technology to enter and cross the deep seas. the goras rudely took over all the good coastal land which aborigines were farming and shoved them to die in the parched interior.

it suited the supremacist narrative to project the aboriginals as primitive and useless, but they did have agriculture and fish farming
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/pro ... st/5452454