Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Mort Walker
BGR Member

Re: Nukkad

Post by Mort Walker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:09 am

So, I finished binge watching "The Punisher" on Netflix and then it curates other titles for me based on previous watching history....I watch action, sci-fi and documentaries. About the 3rd title recommended for me was a 2015 BBC Documentary on "How Gay is Pakistan". :rotfl:

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:51 am

shravanp wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:42 pm
What do you guys think about Padmavati debate?

Fiberals are outraging over Karni Sena while there is zero talk on whether a filmmaker can tamper with history. I strongly feel that there may not be any romantic scene between Allaudin and Padmavati, however they may try to portray Allaudin as "Ashok", who repents later on havoc caused. Along with that, demonizing Brahmins just the way they were demonized in Bajirao Mastani movie.
Historians are saying Padmavati is fiction, she did not exist. There is no historical record of her existence.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Trilobite wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:51 am
shravanp wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:42 pm
What do you guys think about Padmavati debate?

Fiberals are outraging over Karni Sena while there is zero talk on whether a filmmaker can tamper with history. I strongly feel that there may not be any romantic scene between Allaudin and Padmavati, however they may try to portray Allaudin as "Ashok", who repents later on havoc caused. Along with that, demonizing Brahmins just the way they were demonized in Bajirao Mastani movie.
Historians are saying Padmavati is fiction, she did not exist. There is no historical record of her existence.
There is a record of mass self-immolation in Chittor to avoid Islamic invaders. If not Padmavati, then some other high-ranking Rajput women. It did set the trend for women to self-immolate once the husband died.

santosh
BGR Newbie

Post by santosh » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuEzpGK-SUA
Someone forwarded this to me on WhatsApp. Kumar Vishwas sings beautiful poem by Narendra Mishra ji who is a raj kavi of Mewar as stated by Vishwas. Looks like narrative is being built to allow distortion of history in the name of freedon to expression to artists and films. Such distortion should be fought tooth and nail other wise it will be the story of lies being repeated 100 times becoming truth. Kids nowadays get most of their information through videos - be it youtube, or films. History is no different and distortion of history needs to be opposed fiercely. I am going to boycott.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:10 am

Mort Walker wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:15 pm
There is a record of mass self-immolation in Chittor to avoid Islamic invaders. If not Padmavati, then some other high-ranking Rajput women. It did set the trend for women to self-immolate once the husband died.
there was jauhar in chittor not once but 3 times. it was not self-immolation once husband died. it was immolation to escape rape and harem life when the forts supplies were gone and defeat was imminent. in concert the surviving men would smear ash on their foreheads , throw the gates open and march out to kill as many as they could before dying in battle.... Saka

even muslim nobles and mansabdars were forced to enlist their daughters in the sultans harem in exchange for being in his good books. this was all over, including later in nizam hyd period. at best the woman would get 1 night rape with the sultan before living rest of her life in harem with 100s/1000s of other women.

you can look up the other jauhars on wiki.

akbar 'the great' found the chittorgarh was no more than a blackened crematorium after the 3rd jauhar. i have heard the fire blackened lower basements still exist but locked up by govt to preserve sickular history away from public wrath.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:55 pm

santosh wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:50 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuEzpGK-SUA
Someone forwarded this to me on WhatsApp. Kumar Vishwas sings beautiful poem by Narendra Mishra ji who is a raj kavi of Mewar as stated by Vishwas. Looks like narrative is being built to allow distortion of history in the name of freedon to expression to artists and films. Such distortion should be fought tooth and nail other wise it will be the story of lies being repeated 100 times becoming truth. Kids nowadays get most of their information through videos - be it youtube, or films. History is no different and distortion of history needs to be opposed fiercely. I am going to boycott.
I have quoted this poem on Gora-Baadal by Mishra Ji several times on the old BRF. Vishwas for all his antics I believe still has reverence for the old history and poetry of the nation. He has been snubbed a few times on stage by women poets for being a bit of an MCP.

Here is one of my favorite modern day poets, a true Mardaani if you like, her forte is veer ras. Shudh Hindi folks, but worth listening to. I've posted this one before too, on the old forum.

Watch from 5.00 onwards.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:29 pm

How good is this idea ??
https://www.ketto.org/fundraiser/adoptanisland
Welcome to a new approach to solving India's water pollution woes

Instead of waiting for politicians to fulfill their duty and solve our most urgent problems, let's just solve them ourselves.

The Delhi Development Authority has granted permission for me to clean up Hauz Khas Lake and given the space required to build wetlands to act as sewage treatment infrastructure. Now I need your help to raise the funds and to carry out the work.

My name is Tarun Nanda and I am civil and environmental engineer, half Indian, half Dutch by blood, British by birth, I moved here almost 7 years ago to learn about the problems India faces and to see what use I could be of here. The state of India's rivers and lakes is deplorable when the technology exists to clean them up, so there is no reason we should tolerate living next to sewage infested waters.

I have already designed and helped two NGOs succeed with this approach in two slums in Delhi; built two private wetlands and am well on my way with my third.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:53 pm

Once there was a company called Ranbaxy Labs. It had a wonderful reputation: it was profitable, it was pioneering. In fact, its reputation could even be called saintly: after all, did it not manufacture generic drugs, all manner of life-saving medicines? Was it not curing AIDS in Africa? Are not such companies deserving of admiration, capable of making a profit and yet selling affordable medicines? Ranbaxy was the backbone of a pharmaceutical sector of which we in India were told to be proud—and Indians don’t need to be told twice to be proud of something.

Well, one sad and tragic day, the people who built Ranbaxy decided to sell it to a Japanese company called Daiichi Sankyo. The good people of Daiichi Sankyo had done their due diligence: they had inspected the books, talked to managers, toured the plants, and come to the conclusion that, yes, they were worthy of buying the gem that was Ranbaxy, the first foreign company to sell generic medicines in the US. When Ranbaxy was sold, there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth in India; a precious jewel had been given away for something as crass as money. India mourned.

Daiichi Sankyo paid $4.6 billion for two-thirds of Ranbaxy in 2008. They must have thought they’d got an exceptionally good deal—the very last act of selfless altruism performed by Ranbaxy’s promoters. Six years later, the Japanese were glad to sell what remained of Ranbaxy to one of its competitors, for $3.2 billion. The company had lost half its value in six years.

It turned out they’d been sold a placebo. Here’s a little bit of what was actually going on in Ranbaxy, the pride of Indian pharma. Just a taste. In one plant’s supposedly sanitized room where medicines were made, there were flies ‘too numerous to count’.40 Elsewhere, the refrigerators that were supposed to keep samples at a predetermined low temperature were broken, with pools of water from melted ice inside. Some of the pills chosen at random and inspected had what seemed to be hair from an employee’s arm; others had compressed and mysterious black spots that turned out to be the oil that lubricated the plant’s machinery. And, to top off the ewww factor, one factory didn’t have any running water in the toilets, so no employee had been able to wash their hands for a really long time. Remember, this is a medicine factory.

Meanwhile, it turned out that the medicines they were making weren’t just full of nasty stuff, they didn’t work to start off with. Ranbaxy had to plead guilty to felony charges in the United States, because some of the medicines they were making were ‘adulterated’; they had to pay a $500-million fine.

One by one, Ranbaxy’s plants were declared unsafe; eventually not one of the four could still export to the US—the major market for its generic version of Lipitor, taken by the millions of Americans who’re watching their cholesterol levels. Millions of Ranbaxy’s Lipitor tablets had to be recalled from chemists across the US when glass particles were discovered in them.

Craziest of all, it turned out Ranbaxy had been methodically falsifying its test records. Batch after batch of its generics was shown as genuine in the test documents—all of which were invented. Regulators in South Africa realized that AIDS drugs from the saintly people at Ranbaxy were little better than placebos when all the test data for various different batches turned out to be identical—and photocopied. They didn’t even do a good job with the faking. Well, sometimes they tried harder with the faking. On one occasion, they forged some documentation about data they had to show regulators, which was supposed to be from years earlier—and, to take that new-paper feel away, they aged it in a steam room overnight.

In other words, in some parts of the world, it was just presenting completely false data. In Brazil, of the 163 medicines that it was selling, it had properly tested only eight. Every step of the way, Ranbaxy behaved like a good Indian teenager taking a test: it cheated when it could, and gamed the test when it couldn’t cheat. Sometimes, former employees claimed, it would just buy brand-name drugs, and submit them to the FDA as its own in order to pass the tests.

All this was known to managers in 2004. Two brave managers, both relatively fresh hires, launched an investigation; one eventually got to say his piece to the company’s board. According to Fortune magazine, he told the board that ‘more than 200 products in more than 40 countries’ had ‘elements of data that were fabricated to support business needs’. He wound up urging a recall of major drugs, and coming clean to regulators. Fortune says, ‘Kumar completed the presentation to a silent boardroom. Only one director, a scientist, showed any surprise about the findings. The others appeared more astonished by Kumar’s declaration that if he was not given full authority to fix the problems, he would resign.’ Naturally, he quit in two days.

According to Fortune, elaborate falsification of data was discussed at length in email chains that included Ranbaxy’s CEO and a member of the family that owned it. On one conference call, when the uselessness of its AIDS drugs in Africa was discussed, a senior executive apparently said: ‘Who cares? It’s just blacks dying.’ Remember, all this was, at the very least, known internally before Ranbaxy’s owners sold it to the Japanese. As one US regulator said, the company’s culture was ‘corrupt to the core’. I suppose it’s a small step from concealing the kind of drugs you’re making before you sell them to concealing the kind of company you’re running before you sell it. --Source: Restart India: The Last Chance for Indian Economy by Mihir Sharma

The former owners of Ranbaxy now run one of India’s largest hospital chains (Fortis Healthcare and Religare Wellness).

Now, what is the reason of posting all this. One of my neighbors who is a 40 yrs old person had a bit of pain in his chest. He took some medicine but the pain kept coming after sometime. He went to get it checked in Fortis hospital. The hospital doctors claimed he arteries in his heart were not working well and he immediately needed a bypass surgery. Now this person is 40 years old with a bit of problem of High Blood Pressure. He got shit scared and even was thinking of getting it done. After all, a reputed hospital like Fortis says; it must be true. One of his relatives is a doctor with another hospital. His consulted him before fixing the date for surgery. This doctor ran couple of checks and figured out, the pain was because of furniture he helped moving from ground floor to 3rd floor couple of days.

Just be careful guys. Everyone out there is looking for opportunities to screw you up; especially these motherfucking big hospital chains.

EDIT: Many are asking for links. A simpl google search will give you relevant links. However, I would just post the links given by /u/lungithrow2 in the comments:

http://fortune.com/2013/05/15/dirty-medicine/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryhusten ... rvastatin/

https://web.archive.org/web/20140226173 ... 3396925280

http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 646_1.html

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2013/May/13-civ-542.html

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/com ... 142039.ece

http://www.niticentral.com/2013/09/18/r ... 34445.html

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Healthcare is a big scam in India. While there are good doctors, there are many who want to make a quick buck. My mother had some health issues and in 2016 surgery was prescribed by a doctor. Her sister and sister's husband are both doctors so they have contacts and were with us. It went well but this year there was some issue and another surgery was prescribed and done. It went well too. The surgeon who is "well known and respected" kept pestered my parents to go for another surgery. My uncle got a second opinion from another doctor who said there is no need, let's wait and watch. The first doctor got H&D issues and began to say "I have said what I had to say.... then don't blame me onlee..." and acting all weird.
Doctors also need to learn how to deal with patients in India. Most docs are grumpy and non-communicative. They are much better here in the US as far as dealing with patients go but the scam is still on with the insurance companies.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:08 am

"Healthcare is a big scam in India"

^^ :lol:

My experience is the exact opposite... US healthcare system is an even bigger scam, looking to milk patients based on the level of insurance. Not to mention poor diagnosis skills leading to misdiagnosed results and further complications. So much for TFTA.

Over the years, I've come to one conclusion: Wherever you go, there are bad doctors and there are great doctors. It's your luck of the draw, that's all.

PS. I cannot share details as it's too personal."

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:49 am

KJo wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:54 pm
The surgeon who is "well known and respected" kept pestered my parents to go for another surgery.
This exact scam happens equally often in US too that too at TFTA doctors' practices where well heeled clients go (read those with net worth > $200 million). Apparently the only truly reliable doctors are those in top university teaching hospitals like Stanford or Johns Hopkins. So its not unique to India or somehow US is better - its not. While in India, we all used to hear how wonderful healthcare was in US. After coming here I realized that its exactly the same as in India or worse - if you can pay, you get treated and your insurance company has a stronger say in what treatment procedure you get rather than your doctor.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:25 am

You both didn't read my post fully before rushing to defend India. :D

The scam exists in both places. In India the patient is mostly responsible for paying and in the US the insurance companies. My friend is a doc and he tells me all the inside stories. For that matter, every business is a scam. M&A in the US is done with fanfare but in most cases the execs pad their resume and then head off for new higher jobs while the lower employees futures are at risk.

However, the difference I see in how doctors deal with patients. I have been through 2 deliveries (I didn't deliver though, my wife did) and the doctors have always been patient to answer questions giving them enough time. In India it's an assembly line even in known expensive hospitals where you have contacts.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:35 am

A year or so ago, I was called by a company called ContextMedia (now called Outcome Health) for interview for a Product position. Salary was way higher than what I was making then and even now. :shock:
I had some personal reasons not to move forward. It is a company run by 2 desis and had a lot of publicity. Now they are under investigation for fraud.

I've had rotten luck lately with companies and this would have been another in the list but I guess I dodged a bullet.

Around 200 Outcome Health Employees Take Buyout
https://www.americaninno.com/chicago/in ... ke-buyout/
Roughly 200 Outcome Health employees have taken the voluntary buyout offered by the troubled Chicago tech company.

Around 200 workers opted to take the buyout, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. The buyout offered employees 10 weeks of pay. The source believes another round of cuts is also likely to occur.

The majority of the buyouts were taken by Chicago employees, the source said.

Outcome had around 600 employees in offices in Chicago and New York. The company announced plans in September to add 2,000 jobs by 2022.

But all of that changed last month when the Wall Street Journal published a story about how employees at Outcome misled advertisers regarding the effectiveness of its ads. The fallout from that story has been disastrous for Outcome. Investors including Goldman Sachs and Alphabet have sued Outcome, alleging fraud. The Department of Justice has also issued subpoenas as it investigates the Outcome situation, and additional inquiries from the SEC are expected, according to court filings.

The buyouts come as advertisers, drug makers and other health partners suspend their deals with Outcome. Two of the latest groups to halt business with Outcome are the Harvard Health Publishing and the American Medical Association, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:32 am

Isnt the owner being feted as one of new crop of young
Pio billionaires ?

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:20 pm

Healthcare is a minefield anywhere in the world.

No system is perfect, no country is perfect, no doctor is perfect. The best you can hope for is that when you are ill, you will end up seeing a physician who is honest. He may still be incompetent and kill you, but that is a different problem altogether. The worst that can happen to you is a physician who is not only incompetent but also corrupt and greedy. You then lose a lot more besides your money.

All other things being equal, you are better off in a system where there are extensive checks and balances and licensing requirements to maintain a certain level of functionality both at the level of the physician and the hospital. You may still meet a doctor who is not as capable, but the various agencies that monitor his performance provide some level of confidence to the patient.

In a totally capitated system like in the UK, one hopes that the lack of care, i.e. tests and procedures or expensive medications is because there is no medical indication for it, in a fee-for-service environment like the US (and perhaps India), provision of such care should be because there is a medical need for it without a financial incentive. Hard to know what the truth is unless you are a physician yourself and even then it can be difficult.

One area where there is indeed a difference from the patient's perspective is information. From my experience and that of family, it is much harder to discuss certain things with high-level physicians in India. In the US, for example you could see the Chief of Surgery at Columbia and he will still spend enough time with you in consultation and answer all your questions. The medical record (EMR now) in the US is also much more comprehensive and the system allows patients and family total transparency by law. You can take the entire copy of your chart and all your results with you to another physician or just keep a copy for yourself. There are portals that allow the patient total access to his medical information online.

We are currently dealing with the situation of a close family member in India with advanced cancer that is inoperable. I won't go into the details of the problems that they are having in a well known hospital system in Delhi, but it does reflect on the lack of a proper system. The same things if they happened here would immediately send up a flag and be identified as incompetence with consequences to follow.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:08 pm

in general consumer protection laws and enforcement is much stronger in the OECD nations . healthcare is just one aspect of it. you can often return things and get a refund no questions asked and no dirty looks. in india you can at best hope for exchange of same or higher value. warranties are longer and stronger over there - hyundai offered some 10 yr warranty there vs usual 2 or 3 yrs in India.

when was the last time we heard of recall of food products from shelves nationwide after some incident? I have never.

there is a rumour that better grade of silicon is used on the iphones sold in developed markets than in poorer places.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:32 pm

Singha wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:32 am
Isnt the owner being feted as one of new crop of young
Pio billionaires ?
He was about a year ago. This new scandal just blew up in his face. Not sure who is right or wrong, but the company seems to be crashing.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:36 pm

One of the problems I have experienced is that many Indians get very touchy and sensitive when one raises issues in how Indian processes work. For example, 18 months ago, I had trouble renewing the PIO card for my son and the process was equivalent of getting a new card. Many members here justified it, and said that Indian Govt is under no obligation to fix processes for non citizens and began to point to some awful agencies in the US like IRS and Immigration. Is that our excuse? That someone else sucks worse?

I tweeted to Sushmaji and there was no reply from her or her office. But she rushes to reply when Pakis need help. Such is our "Hindu nationalist Government". :roll:

We will improve only when we change things that don't work. And to do that we have the bold to identify them and no hide under H&D. If we do that, we are no different from Pakis.

Marten
BGR Member

Post by Marten » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:19 pm

arshyam wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:08 am
"Healthcare is a big scam in India"

^^ :lol:

My experience is the exact opposite... US healthcare system is an even bigger scam, looking to milk patients based on the level of insurance. Not to mention poor diagnosis skills leading to misdiagnosed results and further complications. So much for TFTA.

Over the years, I've come to one conclusion: Wherever you go, there are bad doctors and there are great doctors. It's your luck of the draw, that's all.

PS. I cannot share details as it's too personal."
+1 - it took a month in India to get the right treatment that I needed. As opposed to hobbling about like a cripple for nearly 6 months while in Massa. I give stout kicks to the backside of folks who give gyan about the great medical system in Massa. It is just as full of Chus as in India. At least here, you don't have to sell a kidney to get treatment (which in the US would be dictated not by the Dr but by some chap sitting in an Insurance co office basement). Pah.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:14 am

KJo wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:36 pm
One of the problems I have experienced is that many Indians get very touchy and sensitive when one raises issues in how Indian processes work. For example, 18 months ago, I had trouble renewing the PIO card for my son and the process was equivalent of getting a new card. Many members here justified it, and said that Indian Govt is under no obligation to fix processes for non citizens and began to point to some awful agencies in the US like IRS and Immigration. Is that our excuse? That someone else sucks worse?
I was one of them and still stand by what I had said then. As far as GoI is concerned, PIOs are not its citizens, so it does not have any legal obligations to them. Yes, they were former citizens, so it grants them the privilege of the OCI/PIO card. But that's all it is - a privilege. It is not a right. Hope you get the difference.

As an Indian citizen, I'd rather my govt focus on improving processes impacting my fellow citizens and myself. Selfish? Sure. But I didn't abandon my passport for my own needs, so I will expect something of my govt. It's funny that those who gave up their passport expect similar attention from a govt that's under no obligation to them, hence all this :)) :)) for this card, that card, etc.

Now, let's say that having taken up massa* citizenship, these PIOs do something for the others who want to follow their footsteps, or at least those who visit them, like parents (who are still overwhelmingly Indian citizens) and tourists. How about trying to increase the value of the Indian passport that got PIOs to where they are in the 1st place? Or how about lobbying the govt to make it easier for parents to visit, instead of standing on the street for hours to give a fingerprint, then in another line for a vijja appt? I don't hear any howls of protest on such practices by the 'arrived' folks in massa, do you? It's mostly beneath most MUTU** folks to talk about these things. Change and make these processes more dignified for its citizens, maybe then GoI will listen to your complaints. Maybe.

Now, coming to your point about defending Indian issues - I won't if massa is perfect. It is anything but, except in its own propaganda. I am under no obligation to accept that propaganda without question. And in this instance, you made an absolute claim that "healthcare is a big scam in India". Funnily, I didn't get jacked with $5000+ bills for treatment I didn't need in India, so forgive me if I contest your claim.

*massa is a placeholder, can be any country
** Not saying you are one - but I am sure you know a few such ppl

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:09 am

arshyam wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:14 am
KJo wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:36 pm
I was one of them and still stand by what I had said then. As far as GoI is concerned, PIOs are not its citizens, so it does not have any legal obligations to them. Yes, they were former citizens, so it grants them the privilege of the OCI/PIO card. But that's all it is - a privilege. It is not a right. Hope you get the difference.

As an Indian citizen, I'd rather my govt focus on improving processes impacting my fellow citizens and myself. Selfish? Sure. But I didn't abandon my passport for my own needs, so I will expect something of my govt. It's funny that those who gave up their passport expect similar attention from a govt that's under no obligation to them, hence all this :)) :)) for this card, that card, etc.

Now, let's say that having taken up massa* citizenship, these PIOs do something for the others who want to follow their footsteps, or at least those who visit them, like parents (who are still overwhelmingly Indian citizens) and tourists. How about trying to increase the value of the Indian passport that got PIOs to where they are in the 1st place? Or how about lobbying the govt to make it easier for parents to visit, instead of standing on the street for hours to give a fingerprint, then in another line for a vijja appt? I don't hear any howls of protest on such practices by the 'arrived' folks in massa, do you? It's mostly beneath most MUTU** folks to talk about these things. Change and make these processes more dignified for its citizens, maybe then GoI will listen to your complaints. Maybe.

Now, coming to your point about defending Indian issues - I won't if massa is perfect. It is anything but, except in its own propaganda. I am under no obligation to accept that propaganda without question. And in this instance, you made an absolute claim that "healthcare is a big scam in India". Funnily, I didn't get jacked with $5000+ bills for treatment I didn't need in India, so forgive me if I contest your claim.

*massa is a placeholder, can be any country
** Not saying you are one - but I am sure you know a few such ppl
Well articulated again.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:29 am

yeah the long humiliating lines of supplicants outside the US consulates here and the scowling security bossing people around tell their own tale. our babus sent it from govt channels and get their visas via track2 channels and also good placements for their kids so they dont care much...none had to stand in line.

so far, not heard any PIO even the CEO types raise these issues. maybe their parents have GC or 10 yr visas. :)

the presence of the global medical tourism industry itself points to some gaps in the OECD healthcare systems and coverage. its not perfect for sure even where its 'free' like UK or canada . I have anecdotally heard the ER care is prompt and great but long wait times for non critical care and tough to get access to the real doctor vs his/her underlings.

Javee
BGR Newbie

Post by Javee » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:50 am

Forget that, a cursory look at the immigration officials in India and Massa will show you how they treat people, citizens or not. These guys are basically gateway to a country. Indian immigration officials are not the saints of first order*, but I will take them any day than the CBP folks. Compare the CRPF folks in the airport with that of TSA, its like night and day.

*In southern airports, some officers treat the ME/SEA bound workers poorly, that still has to change.

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:49 am

Caption ;)

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:46 am

long read but shows the paw prints of the agencies in SV and google

https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence ... 36451a959e