Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Singha
Forum Moderator

Re: Nukkad

Post by Singha » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:36 am

our municipality has such people on call as a service since blr has many trees in old residential areas, bouts of rains always bring them out. i assume one such call has gone out. the captured serpents are released back into wild someplace outside town.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:52 am

you can see a few MKIs on open stands at video of jodhpur airport takeoff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kBb3nDJ3pU
it is one of the largest IAF bases and hosts a bunch of jaguar and mig27 also i think. the mkis are spread between jodhpur and other fwd bases like jaisalmer

rsingh
BGR Newbie

Post by rsingh » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:07 pm

I used to listen this south Indian vocal ( shrimatrbhumi) by some young singer. I can not find it anymore. Her name was simple and her father was also a famous singer. Please help;

Marten
BGR Member

Post by Marten » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:35 am

rsingh wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:07 pm
I used to listen this south Indian vocal ( shrimatrbhumi) by some young singer. I can not find it anymore. Her name was simple and her father was also a famous singer. Please help;
Nithyasree Mahadevan? She's the granddaughter of a doyen of Carnatic classical DK Pattammal as wellas Madurai Mani Iyer (one of the mridangam greats). One of her renditions of Bho Shambho is exhilarating.

PS: Do also listen to the original by Maharajapuram Santhanam (he's one of my eternal favourites with an amazing vocal range and rich voice).

Marten
BGR Member

Post by Marten » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:36 am

In hindsight, perhaps you are looking for a lil kid who won the little super singers title. I cannot remember her name at the moment, but am sure shq or MIL would know.

AdityaM
BGR Newbie

Post by AdityaM » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:42 am

Just saw something shocking at my workplace.
Exited the floor towards stairs to walk down a floor to cafeteria & there was a small crowd around a man

this man with Amdocs companies name tag was standing frozen stiff. He was breathing hard, not responding to anyone, eyes open. People tried to make him sit in wheel chair, but his muscles were stiff and not bending.
Clearly his body balance was working since he did not lose balance when people tried to push him to sit in chair.
rigid & stiff, unable to communicate. paralysed but not falling down
Last edited by AdityaM on Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:44 am

Epilepsy ? or some other neurological issue perhaps since this C3I system was down

AdityaM
BGR Newbie

Post by AdityaM » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:48 am

Epilepsy wil cause uncontrollable fit.
it seems that he lost ability to move, but not of balance...his body didnot fall. breathing hard

chilarai
BGR Newbie

Post by chilarai » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:17 am

couple of years ago we received a mail from a colleague
Dear colleagues,

May I have your attention for a rather unusual request:

The cardiologist has discovered that I have a genetic heart disease. This can lead to sudden unexpected cardiac death in apparently healthy individuals (me). The sudden death is caused by severe disturbances of the rhythm of the heart. In that case a normal heart rhythm can be restored by defibrillation using an AED (Automated External Defibrillator).

My request to you is that in case I may collapse in the future, please do not hesitate to use the AED. It is the box located near the stairs on the first floor of the XXXXXXXXX.

It is important to know is that everybody can use an AED. An AED will give you clear voice instructions, only has 2 buttons, is fool proof and will decide by itself if applying a shock is necessary. It is always better to use it in the wrong way than to not use it at all.

Thank you for understanding.
Hoping the situation never arises .. but good to know that the device gives instructions and decides itself if a shock is needed !

AdityaM
BGR Newbie

Post by AdityaM » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:33 am

Invisible in India, I saw multiple such devices in clients office in Houston.
Must be required by law in USA

ricky
BGR Newbie

Post by ricky » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:34 am

You guys following" he will not divide us season 7?"I just read about the flag capture event,very impressive work,locating a flag in the middle of nowhere by extrapolating flight pattern.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:35 am

Singha wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:44 am
Epilepsy ? or some other neurological issue perhaps since this C3I system was down
Classic grand-mal epileptic seizure causes instant loss of consciousness with the usual convulsions - jerking movements of the muscles for a few seconds after that. The person then remains unconscious for a few minutes before coming around. Often there is loss of bladder function during this.

This does not sound like epilepsy, even the other variants that cause 'absence' would not cause the body to stiffen up like a board against gravity although the person is often awake but unresponsive.

It could be an acute catatonic reaction from a psychological condition like schizophrenia or a somatization disorder.

AdityaM
BGR Newbie

Post by AdityaM » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:17 am

possibly what you just described was his diagnosis. But to the casual observer, this was quite an experience that can leave you shaken.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:44 am

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:45 am

my employer has put these AED devices in the blgs but only some volunteers are trained to use. anyway we have a couple of doctors in the medical center during daytime hours and one on weekend to cover the cleaning/moving/kitchen crews and the call center part which runs 24x7.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:18 pm

gaming the system seems to be going on bigtime in western academia also...not just turd world places.
jobs in academia are hard to find, despite the huge demand for seats and big fees levied

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/scie ... icle-click

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:42 pm

Wanted to post this on Non-desh philms thread but...this ain't about movie itself but promotion of it. MCU marketing the latest Thor movie in China...again shows how important Chinese audience & their wallet power is...won't be surprised if in a few years, just like American box-office opening weekend, there will be a category for Chinese BO as well.

I saw one ad/TV spot for Ragnarok on one of the movie channels. This morning both Angrez radio stations in BLR where having Thor ticket give aways contest for exclusive Thrusday evening premier screening. I have seen very little marketing in desh...not saying it is a bad thing!

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:15 pm

Amazing pic of recently updated Hollongi-Itanagar Highway. (from SSC forum)...

Mahakala
BGR Newbie

Post by Mahakala » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:38 pm

China is a gigantic market especially given they limit what (foreign) movies get released there. So in order to butter up the Chinese they have chinese characters, actors, locales, take into account sensitivities etc. When was the last time the baddies were chinese? :)

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:22 pm

https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/15-foot-py ... topstories

15 foot python climbs pole in katra railway station.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:48 am

Zynda wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:15 pm
Amazing pic of recently updated Hollongi-Itanagar Highway. (from SSC forum)...
Looks like that was tweeted by Kiren Rijiju himself, so must be authentic.

Looks awesome for sure - such roads will do wonders for the local economy, especially tourism. Any idea if the Guwahati-Shillong 4-lane upgrade got completed? That was another big project, IIRC.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:38 am

Singha wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:22 pm
https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/15-foot-py ... topstories

15 foot python climbs pole in katra railway station.
So video of a python near a forested area forwarded on whatsapp is now a news item. What kind of chutiyas operate news business ?

Rvishwakarm
BGR Newbie

Post by Rvishwakarm » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:56 am

Hey need some help here:

Our firm is building a customer experience platform, where people availing the service can register complaint, there is workflow on the company side to redirect depending upon the category etc. and at every step customer will be informed of the status. The onus of naming the platform is on me, want to give some dharmic name, have following in mind, please suggest some more. Sorry could not give additional details of teh platform due to obvious reasons.

Saarthak
Samarth
Samwaad
Suvidha
Sreshta
Prabal

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:28 pm

aussies have finally done the right thing. all climbing of Uluru will be stopped from 2019
at present climb rate has dropped to 20% and going down...

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Rvishwakarm wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:56 am
Hey need some help here:

Our firm is building a customer experience platform, where people availing the service can register complaint, there is workflow on the company side to redirect depending upon the category etc. and at every step customer will be informed of the status. The onus of naming the platform is on me, want to give some dharmic name, have following in mind, please suggest some more. Sorry could not give additional details of teh platform due to obvious reasons.

Saarthak
Samarth
Samwaad
Suvidha
Sreshta
Prabal
To me, given that it is a feedback system you are creating, 'Samwaad' seems most appropriate since it is essentially a 'dialog' between the customer and the service provider. My Hindi is rusty now, but you could also look up translation of or synonyms for 'feedback', 'response', 'opinion', 'solution', 'viewpoint', 'perspective', 'review', 'rating' and similar words.