Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Bheeshma
BGR Newbie

Re: Nukkad

Post by Bheeshma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:45 pm

^ thanks Primus ji. We did consent to ECMO earlier today and the intervention has been successful. Also started on dialysis because kidney function had been a concern.

Now hoping there's no further complications (we have been warned about the chances of internal bleeding/ haemorrhage due to the blood thinning drugs used for ECMO).

What i understand is that the lungs need some time for the natural healing process to reverse the damage caused... and the body needs to ensure that the other sub systems don't sink in the meantime.

We're all hoping for a quick recovery - but what's the average time period patients take to recover (if at all) from such conditions?

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:15 pm

Prinus has covered well
But Im surprised within three days of illness ECMO is being considered
Pls why has conventional ventilation failed
ECMO has very few indications and refractory hypoxic failure one of the
Long road ahead...

Narasimha
BGR Newbie

Post by Narasimha » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:51 am

Probably refractory hypoxia despite ventilator measures.
I usually do not like to comment on such matters because the interpretation of information transmitted by nonmedicos significantly can change. Ends up like Chinese whispers

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:59 pm

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:30 pm

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports ... um-bhagya/

Ghana U-17 team’s craze off the field: Kumkum Bhagya
In Ghana, Kumkum Bhagya is so popular that students may find questions pertaining to the show in their exam papers.

As soon as the Ghana under-17 football team learnt that their pre-quarterfinal FIFA World Cup match would be held in Mumbai, a new item appeared on their to-do list. A trip to Film City, where the world of Abhi, Aliya, Pragya, Tanu, Bulbul and Purab came to life through a complex script of twists and turns, misunderstandings and marriages.
The reach of Bollywood has not bypassed Ghanaian shores, but in the West African nation, it is the Indian TV soap opera Kumkum Bhagya that reigns supreme.
“We want to meet and take photos with some of the actors, and even the producer, anyone will do,” says Kwadwo Agyemang, board chairman of the Ghana National Sports Authority. “We don’t mind even if it is for five minutes.”
The “Telenovela” by Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Telefilms has been on air in Ghana since November 2015, dubbed in the local Twi language and available on prime time. And it has become so popular that the under-17 players in India have been looking for ways to keep up with the story when they are not at training or playing a match. “They can stream it from the Ghana website on their phones to get the translated version, but we have confiscated their phones so they don’t get distracted. I watch the show, so they keep asking me what is happening,” says Agyemang.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:42 am

Bheeshma wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:45 pm
^ thanks Primus ji. We did consent to ECMO earlier today and the intervention has been successful. Also started on dialysis because kidney function had been a concern.

Now hoping there's no further complications (we have been warned about the chances of internal bleeding/ haemorrhage due to the blood thinning drugs used for ECMO).

What i understand is that the lungs need some time for the natural healing process to reverse the damage caused... and the body needs to ensure that the other sub systems don't sink in the meantime.

We're all hoping for a quick recovery - but what's the average time period patients take to recover (if at all) from such conditions?
Not my area of expertise, IndraD and GAKakkad probably can shed more light on this. However, it could be days maybe even a couple of weeks or longer. What is in his favor is the pre-morbid health being good. If dialysis is going on then that is one more system that is failing, so perhaps prognosis is a bit guarded. I am still very hopeful of a positive outcome.

As Narasimha so wisely says, hard to prognosticate factually without being there or having detailed records from a medical provider.

Narasimha
BGR Newbie

Post by Narasimha » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:25 pm

Typically ECMO runs are more than 7 days lungs need time to heal

Dileep
Site Admin

Post by Dileep » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:15 am

Requesting users to try accessing https://test123.bharatganrajya.com/forum/ and run some tests, like response speed etc. This is the new hosting site. Posts made at that site will vanish once we do the migration.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:48 am

Dileep wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:15 am
Requesting users to try accessing https://test123.bharatganrajya.com/forum/ and run some tests, like response speed etc. This is the new proposed hosting site. Posts made at that site will vanish once we do the migration.
Works fine overall, but latency feels higher than the current host. Loading pages takes a few seconds, and then everything suddenly loads. Other than that, no issues - was able to login, do a test post on Nukkad, etc.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:57 am

Dear admins,
can you create a separate thread for "Postors complaints against postors"?
Because many postors put spurious complaints against some postors in ALL threads and pollute all threads
eg viewtopic.php?f=22&t=35&start=25#p2792
In GST thread, I am putting GST issues. And this postor Vimal claims that I am polluting thread !!!
Fact is -- by putting such suprious useless complaints, he is the one who is polluting the thread
So if all complaints go on one thread, then it will be easy for you all including admins to see and deal with

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:45 am

Mehta ji, you have still not gotten rid of your old BRF habit of posting long winded messages on every thread you are on. I think one admin (probably Singha) already warned you once not to do that and instead post a link to your FB where you have the full text content and just use relevant snippets from that in your BGR posts instead of copy-pasting the whole thing inside a post. Clearly, you have ignored the warning hence, the next action by some admin may not be charitable. And now you want a thread to start cat fights on top of that? We don't doubt your sincerity but you invariably end up making a nuisance of yourself and disrupt the forum. As I had posted in one of the thread earlier that unlike BRF, here there will be no explanations given for bans and posters won't be given a long leash to do tamasha as this is a private forum owned by Dileep with all its liabilities and not a public free-for-all soapbox. Take it or leave it.

ricky
BGR Newbie

Post by ricky » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:15 am

Guys do any of you know why people put broken pots, brooms in the middle of traffic circle. esp during Diwali?

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:34 am

this pic of india during diwali was shared by a italian astronaut paolo nespoli
the orange line seems to be indo-pak border imo with lights, his position is over rajasthan-sindh. the lighting chain on border is visible from flights into delhi also from dubai side.

in that context i can make out NCR, chandigarh, ludhiana, jalandhar, amritsar and islamabad, faislabad,multan and lahore on other side - lahore right next to IB.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:47 am

RB Saar, how about doing the honors and inaugurating a Health & Fitness thread onlee?

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:10 am

KJo wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:47 am
RB Saar, how about doing the honors and inaugurating a Health & Fitness thread onlee?
I thought there is one already. Right now I am most unfit onlee with allergies and Napa valley fires causing breathing issues.

Javee
BGR Newbie

Post by Javee » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:19 am

ha ha, we run/cycle through such pollution on a daily basis, you billis have the luxury to sit out.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:55 pm

alarming levels of lead in CCU food items due to diesel use
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... y-4901670/

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:57 pm

https://fb.com/photo.php?fbid=10154836690881922
I dont know whether its Indian Railway or Bangladeshi or Pakistani.
Just got this image on WhatsApp

Raja
Forum Moderator

Post by Raja » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:44 pm

Javee wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:19 am
ha ha, we run/cycle through such pollution on a daily basis, you billis have the luxury to sit out.
Funny thing is I never had those issues commuting in Dilli for years - all the way from sooth Dilli to old Dilli & back every day. As soon as I moved to chi chi 1st world, all sorts of allergies and a yearly bout of congestion and respiratory issues. Of course running on trails will usually cause that too vs just polluted city commuting. pollen is mightier than pollution. :P

saip
BGR Newbie

Post by saip » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:55 pm

The train image appears to be Indian Railway. Bindi on the woman and some devnagari script.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Raja wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:44 pm
Javee wrote:
Funny thing is I never had those issues commuting in Dilli for years - all the way from sooth Dilli to old Dilli & back every day. As soon as I moved to chi chi 1st world, all sorts of allergies and a yearly bout of congestion and respiratory issues. Of course running on trails will usually cause that too vs just polluted city commuting. pollen is mightier than pollution. :P
Same thing with SHQ. I suspect the allergens are different from what one grows up with. Lot of grass and pollen because of the huge amounts of greenery everywhere. When we first went to UK she had to be on steroids to combat hay fever, problem is less here in the US but still quite severe in peak season. I, OTOH have never had problems in either place.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:12 am

Raja wrote:
Javee wrote:
Kids born in western countries (Eu, Australia, US, UK etc) are highly prone to allergies in spite of being born and living in cleaner environments. Kids born in India and most other Asian countries rarely get those kind of allergies or may be the % is very small. I had never know a single friend in India in my whole life who had a nut allergy or milk allergy or glutten allergy or (people allergy :D) but moving to the west one can see every 3rd 4th child (including desis) having an allergy or asthma. When our son was born we wanted to make sure that he went to India when he was little and spend a long time there so that his immunity develops in the parasitic or tropical climate of India. It has definitely toughened him a bit. My friend has three kids of which the eldest lived in India for a year after birth. Result - he has no allergies compared to his sibling who were raised abroad.
There is definitely something in the water and vibrations of Bharat.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:15 am

Primus wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:48 pm
Raja wrote:
Javee wrote:
Same thing with SHQ. I suspect the allergens are different from what one grows up with. Lot of grass and pollen because of the huge amounts of greenery everywhere. When we first went to UK she had to be on steroids to combat hay fever, problem is less here in the US but still quite severe in peak season. I, OTOH have never had problems in either place.
Many parts of India have grass and pollen too. Not sure that is the only reason. From observation Indians have some of the toughest stomachs and digestive systems in the world and a higher immunity to general illnesses like cold and cough. The food also has to do a lot with this as the spices, ginger and garlic which Indians consume boosts immunity a lot.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:36 am

Kids born in western countries (Eu, Australia, US, UK etc) are highly prone to allergies in spite of being born and living in cleaner environments. Kids born in India and most other Asian countries rarely get those kind of allergies or may be the % is very small. I had never know a single friend in India in my whole life who had a nut allergy or milk allergy or glutten allergy or (people allergy :D) but moving to the west one can see every 3rd 4th child (including desis) having an allergy or asthma.

my son spent only 2 months in murica before we r2i, but had milk allergy from 0-4 yrs, asthma and vomiting from 5-8, and eczema from 9-13. eczema is tapering off now as he enters teenage. from around age 10 he has been violently allergic to eggs but not any other food. give him anything with egg his stomach will churn and he will vomit soon.

his sister born here in jayanagar, kerala has no such issus so far and she is 7.

in my relatives and friends circle, i had known of nobody with any asthma or food / skin allergy at all. and my city was quite green in those days with a really dust storm season in late winter. plus heavy monsoons and mud all over. i remember having lot of small pus infections in childhood on legs and arms from cuts and bruises from falls - neosporin ointment and nebasulf powder was used.