Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Singha
Forum Moderator

Re: Nukkad

Post by Singha » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:47 am

after years and years and now the parents acquittal, I am yet to figure out a convincing theory who killed the little girl and the servant. in my mind the parents did not do it.

this is truly a joan bennet ramsey type case

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:53 am

I did not pay attention to details. Why do u rule out the parents?

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:10 am

if you are not exposed to the kind of luxury and support structure the british coffee and tea plantation companies gave to their british managers in the estates, here is a glimpse of a restored bungalow near jorhat that will soon be a hotel

https://www.facebook.com/chamelimemsaab ... =3&theater

the compound and house itself is vast and would need around 10 servants. go to any big tea estate (now owned by groups like tatas) and you will see 2 or 3 such bungalows for the top officers. some extra ones are now turned into plantation stay hotels.

there would also be a club, with polished teak and mahogany furniture, dining areas, dance floor, plush old sofas for drinks, and croquet, badminton, lawn tennis grass courts outside, lot of 9 hole golf courses too.

meantime the labour were put up in basic dormintories in another area of estate called "labour line". these labour were impoverished people from jharkhand and chattisgarh who are now assamese speaker mostly after 100-150 years and called "tea tribes"

knowing the burra sahib culture of that region, ONGC replicated that in its duliajan oil township and its zaloni club plus facilities
https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/zal ... d95.326385

pretty much everything like housing, power, cooking gas (using piped associated gas from oil wells which is otherwise flared), security is free for employees - my cousin gained 10kg after joining, as he had nothing much to do in free time other than play sports or cook meat - he chose the latter.
the gas pressure is so high, people keep one burner on at low flame all the time 24x7 for safety to prevent any leaks. it is the ARAMCO type concept in india. good schools are close, that part of assam is educationally well developed for long.

in a "post ITvity" india , where 90% itvity jobs for todays youngsters is just a dead end and people are looking at other areas - govt jobs like ongc, central services (esp those with fat pensions), managerial jobs which involve physical infra (not toxic urban offices with hari sadu boss types) .... these are worth looking into also these same ongc/gail cadre who start off in these PSU townships also get posted in plum areas like delhi where both have their HQ...one of my wifes chem engg batchmate couple are in delhi now for ages and so is another of my sisters classmate in gail with her hubby also in gail. all are in chem or mining btech

sections of them also migrate to GCC oil and gas cos where they enjoy income tax free salary and neither they pay any tax in india. on top of that they can compete for the seats kept for foreign citizens incl PIO in india studies despite being indian passport holders. I think Bade sir was once saying its not the US/Kaneda/UK NRIs who make serious money but sections of these gulf based NRIs. they can easily afford to put their kids into best colleges worldwide....I know of atleast one such lad who seemed to have been schooled in Abu dhabi before BS in massa and then placement in netz.

unless one is entering into the top10% of itvity jobs now, imo prospects are dim. and definitely blr is overpriced crap as a value proposition for a place to settle in. youngsters have already adjusted . they have no desire for car or house and willing to rent all their lives as its cheaper than EMI and they just focus on consumption and experiences and have best in both.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:13 am

Gus wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:53 am
I did not pay attention to details. Why do u rule out the parents?
cant explain it. gut feel.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:33 am

Singha wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:47 am
after years and years and now the parents acquittal, I am yet to figure out a convincing theory who killed the little girl and the servant. in my mind the parents did not do it.

I am yet to figure out of many murders in this country why this murder case is so important?

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:23 am

So the new hot, hip & expensive workout in West is called Super-stretching. The instructors are called "Flexologists" who would extreme stretching. I dunno how this is different from Yoga but apparently it costs $72/hr. Expect it to arrive in India soon...

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:26 am

looks more and more like a suspected parental involvement https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/texas-p ... eststories

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:25 am

Aditya_V wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:33 am
Singha wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:47 am

I am yet to figure out of many murders in this country why this murder case is so important?
Sleazy sax angle

Raju
BGR Newbie

Post by Raju » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:21 pm

watch this movie based on aarushi murder case.
It gives its take on whodunnit.

Rahasya :

AdityaM
BGR Newbie

Post by AdityaM » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Read this tweet chain.
Then come back and discuss the intrigue

https://twitter.com/drgpradhan/status/7 ... 6552966145

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Sharing images of Ballabgarh flyover on Delhi-Agra NH-2 near Faridabad which was recently opened for public https://twitter.com/nitin_gadkari/statu ... 9870590977

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:46 am

Is that a metro line to the left?

Nayak
BGR Newbie

Post by Nayak » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:48 am

Got a message from the Facilities not to come to aaphice todin and WFH. The entire ecospace service road is flooded with couple of broken indicas down in the water upto the windows level.

There are talks of moving out of Ecoworld as population has got up with Honeywell, SAP and Stan chart moving in. There has been a sudden jump of x+22000 IT idiots in Ecoworld.

With a gate which allows only 2 cars to exit out, there are jams now from 9 in the morning to 10 PM in the night.

The chut!ya who designed ECO world must be beaten with a worn out bata chappal.

Mahakala
BGR Newbie

Post by Mahakala » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:08 am

And made to pump out water with a leaky bucket

Marten
BGR Member

Post by Marten » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:19 am

I used to have a desk at a partner's office there. Would come only for meetings perhaps thrice a week or so. And even 5 years ago, the place sucked so no comparison now. One of the primary reasons for us not considering a house in Bellandur along with SHQ's and my cousins etc. was my fear that ES would screw up the place. I'm not happy that it did, because the others stay right there but we have to go visit them through insane roads.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:11 am

arshyam wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:46 am
Is that a metro line to the left?
no a slip road merging into main road

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:47 am

gas tanker in kalyan nagar flyover narth ORR - fortunately the gas tank itself is made very strong

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 am

>> The chut!ya who designed ECO world must be beaten with a worn out bata chappal.

the road was never capable of supporting ECO world + honeywell1 and now honeywell2. those who gave those permits were well aware of the floor plans and capacity, it cannot even support 30% of the build up capacity.
these are violations of the letter and spirit of giving permits based on road capacity. I think some hack is used like making sure 20 meter of a tech park fronts the wide ORR and use that to build 1 mile deep tech park using FAR ratio that would be given to a ORR property

same scam that was pulled on ECOspace + Pritech and many more sites

also they have no internal capacity to house the tempos, buses and taxis that come and go 24x7 - this too must never have been done. either take ownership and parking of your own vehicles or you cannot build.

LG buses always choke the prestige cessna driveway.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:59 am

a CBI enquiry needs to be ordered from PMO level

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:04 am

a rash of engine problems lately, perhaps pushing the margins of materials and physics is resulting in less MTBF now
last week the front end of a A380 engine completely crumbled, leading to emergency landing in goose bay

air asia plane plunges and rattles from 32000ft to 10,000ft in a few minutes from Perth to Bali, turns tail to perth

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 am

my AA flight from delhi recently had a horrible LOUD grating noise from the undercarriage right from pushback, till the point where it lined up and sped up for takeoff. it felt like something was rubbing or grating badly down there. once the wheels folded up it was gone.

not exactly a soothing experience. the food, despite fancy names was terrible. the good old days of east-west and damania airlines food are long over.

need to try AI and Vistara

Mahakala
BGR Newbie

Post by Mahakala » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:21 am

By default airline food is terrible. Carry your own when possible :)

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Meet India’s first transgender judge Joyita Mondal http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hind ... ita-mondal

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:01 pm

pink lake in West Oz; colour due to algae making pink colour

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 pm

I bet Bangalore has lakes of all colors :P