Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Vikas
BGR Member

Re: Nukkad

Post by Vikas » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:39 am

So if an ex-Indian citizen is stripped off his citizenship by the host country (as it is happening with a Indian who became British citizen in 2014),
Can the said person be deported to India ? If Yes, then under what convention since the person would have relinquished his Indian citizenship so technically he can visit India only on a visa and that too only if he has Passport of the host country ?
What happens to such Nationality-less people ?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:38 pm

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:39 pm

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:41 pm

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:43 pm

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:32 am

In the history of mankind, there were so many who claimed themselves to be either God or messenger of God or child of God and were promptly killed or punished by the ruling political class.
The myth of Jesus like so many other cults got lucky after his death. Just that instead of this cult dying with time, it flourished.
We know of another violent cult that become popular after the death of it founder.

vishvak
BGR Member

Post by vishvak » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:28 pm

Roper and rolers have obliterated cultures across continents and so much so that to call something foreign is to play in hands of the same. SoniaG is but an example with claim of giving up PM's chair as if it's family property.

Post colonization there was cold war also where Pakis messed up Kashmir (and Bangladesh) besides terrorism in many states. Now USA is world's only superpower post cold war.

Result of this is that heathens pegeins kooffr have to bear the brunt of what is 'international' i.e. exclusive roper and roper manipulation. We haven't learnt much from experience of Israel, among others, who had to struggle for thousands of years and still surrounded by hostile neighbours - long term.

Then there is case of people like Druze, Parsees etcetera which we aren't to look at. No one proposes that propaganda against non-believers must be punishable offence, for example, and therefore we can't copy something obvious from 'phoren'.

saip
BGR Newbie

Post by saip » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:50 pm

Planning a short trip to Kerala. My wife wants to two nights in a house boat. Any suggestions? I have quote for 75k for four for a houseboat for two nights. Being picked up from Cochin and dropped back. Is this reasonable?

ricky
BGR Newbie

Post by ricky » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:36 pm

What do the maulaners here make of the following article and its ilk. I personally believe that the noxious side effects of feminism have come calling, and the fairer sex is more concerned with their hold on power that it entails rather than any genuine emotion towards co-habitation. Over the years, the frequency of news articles related to judicial harassment, cuckoldry have risen and it would seem that the womenfolk have exulted in this new found power giving rise to many degeneracies we now see prevailing. Against this, there are many individuals who have given the race for a female companion because the cost, both monetary and mental are too high for supposedly fickle minded people, the various social trends and their popularity only attest to this fact; and if does go through I suppose a large population would switch over.
In true Indian fashion, the stupid are bound to import the system verbatim which may cause societal breakdown.
https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/the ... ex-dolls-2

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:49 pm

Watch video

Tamil stand up comedian

For my Tamil speaking friends - @Funny_Leone is seriously funny!

https://twitter.com/SreeIyer1/status/10 ... 7850916866

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:11 pm

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:06 pm

When VP Menon cornored a British General
November 5, 2013,

LK Advani in LK Advani's Blog

Last month, I wrote a blog titled: Dr. Munshi’s Historic Letter to Pandit Nehru.

In the Tailpiece to this blog I had recalled what I had read in a recent Pioneer report that Panditji wanted to refer the Hyderabad issue also to the U.N. Security Council and he had strongly disapproved of Sardar Patel’s decision to send the army into Hyderabad.

The Pioneer report was based on a book written by an IAS officer, one MKK Nair. In my blog relating to Dr. Munshi’s letter, I had said that I have been desperately searching for the book on which the news report was based, but I have not been able to locate it at any bookstore or even in any library. Shri Chandan Mitra, Pioneer Editor also had been unable to get it for me. Through this blog, I appealed to all my readers that I would feel “greatly indebted” to whosoever can procure the book for me. I also asked a senior leader of the Kerala BJP, and a former Parliamentary colleague of mine, Shri O. Rajagopal, to try to locate the book.

I am very happy that these efforts have borne fruit, thanks particularly to Rajagopalji. It appears that the book had been written in Malayalam. The news item in the Pioneer was based on that. The book was in the process of being translated into English. The translator, Shri Gopakumar, has now addressed a letter to me, and along with the letter sent me a copy of the translated manuscript which he writes would be published by the publishers soon after appropriate editing.

Going through the relevant portions of the book, I find that the cabinet meeting which occasioned a sharp exchange between Nehru and Patel on the Hyderabad issue took place shortly before the so called ‘police action’ actually took place in 1948. This was also a phase when Lord Mountbatten had left for London, and Rajaji had become Governor General.

What follows in MKK Nair’s book is an episode which casts a serious reflection on some British army officials hostile to India. Instead of paraphrasing this episode, or giving just its summary, let me put on record what Nair has exactly said in his book titled “The Story of an Era Told without Ill Will”.

Nair writes:

“On April 30, 1948, Indian Army withdrew fully from Hyderabad. After that, Rizvi and the Razakars began to behave licentiously all over the state. Mountbatten had left and Rajaji was the Governor General. Nehru, Rajaji and Patel were all aware of the dangerous situation prevailing in Hyderabad. Patel believed that the army should be sent to put an end to the Nizam’s wantonness. At about that time, the Nizam had sent an emissary to Pakistan and transferred a large sum of money from his Government account in London to Pakistan. At a cabinet meeting, Patel had described these things and demanded that army be sent to end the terror-regime in Hyderabad. Nehru who usually spoke calmly, peacefully and with international etiquette, spoke losing his composure, ‘You are a total communalist. I will never accept your recommendation.”

Patel remained unperturbed but left the room with his papers.

The situation in Hyderabad worsened day by day. Rajaji wanted to find a solution to the basic issue and also conciliate between Nehru and Patel. He called V P Menon and talked to him. VP let Rajaji know that the army was being kept battle-ready and could be asked to attack at any time. Rajaji invited Nehru and Patel to come to Rashtrapati Bhavan (then the Governor General’s house) next day. V P Menon was also asked to be present. As V P Menon was on his way to Rashtrapati Bhavan for the meeting, an ICS officer named Butch (from the State Home Ministry who had conducted discussions for integration of Travancore and Kochi) stopped him and handed over a letter. It was from the British High Commissioner and protested the rape of seventy year old nuns of a convent two days earlier by Razakars. V P Menon handed over the letter to Rajaji when he reached for the meeting.

The meeting at Rashtrapati Bhavan began after Nehru and Patel arrived. Rajaji in his typical style described the situation in Hyderabad. He felt that, to safeguard India’s reputation, a decision should not be delayed any longer. Nehru was concerned about international repercussions. Rajaji then played his trump card – the letter from the British High Commissioner. Nehru read it. His face turned red and veins bulged on his bald head. Anger choked his words. He shot out of his chair, slammed his fist on the table and cried out, ‘Let’s not waste a moment. We’ll teach them a lesson.’

Rajaji immediately told V P Menon, ‘VP, inform the Commander in-Chief to proceed according to the plan’

VP conveyed the order to General Busher. Nehru sat with his head in his hands. He drank tea and remained silent. Rajaji smiled and said: ‘If it is cancer, it has to be removed, even if it is painful.’

VP Menon returned to his office after the meeting and quickly planned the things to be done. The Commander-in-Chief of Pakistan was also an Englishman who nursed feelings of enmity with Indian leaders. When Busher took over from General Lockhart as Commander in-Chief, he had sworn allegiance to India in God’s name. Soon after Busher heard from V P Menon, he instructed Rajendra Singh who asked General Choudhary to begin military action at three next morning. At seven that evening, Busher contacted Karachi and spoke with his counterpart there. The conversation was in French.

Next morning at ten, V P Menon walked into Busher’s room. Assuming that he had come for details of the Hyderabad action, Busher brought him up to date with its progress. VP then said, ‘I know all that. I have come for something else. Did you speak with Pakistan’s Commander in-Chief yesterday evening.’ Hearing this, Busher’s face went pale.

“VP, are you saying that we friends cannot speak with each other?”

“Was that a friendly conversation?”

“Do you doubt it?”

“Why did you speak in French?”

“Have you started tapping telephones?”

“Shouldn’t we if circumstances warrant? Was it really a friendly chat?’

“Of course!”

VP Menon took out a document and gave it to Busher. It was the transcript of the previous evening’s conversation and an English translation which read:

Busher: Attack on Hyderabad begins tonight. Will not last many days. If you must do anything, do so right away.

Pakistan C-in-C: Thanks. Shall inform Liaquat Ali. Jinnah is on his deathbed.

Busher: After I do my duty, I shall be in your hands.’

Busher who had pretended to be offended by telephone-tapping was sweating now. He looked sorrowfully at V P Menon and said, ‘What should I do, VP? I have made a mistake. I am sorry.’

V P Menon asked him, ‘Did you not swear allegiance to India in the name of God, with your hand on the Bible?’

Busher: ‘VP, please save me. I am willing to atone for what I have done. Don’t humiliate me. Help me for our old friendship.’

V P Menon obtained a letter from Busher that read, ‘I resign on personal and health grounds. Please accept it immediately’ and left. General Cariappa was then given charge of the Indian Army

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:41 am

chetak wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:06 pm
When VP Menon cornored a British General
November 5, 2013,

LK Advani in LK Advani's Blog
---
The meeting at Rashtrapati Bhavan began after Nehru and Patel arrived. Rajaji in his typical style described the situation in Hyderabad. He felt that, to safeguard India’s reputation, a decision should not be delayed any longer. Nehru was concerned about international repercussions. Rajaji then played his trump card – the letter from the British High Commissioner. Nehru read it. His face turned red and veins bulged on his bald head. Anger choked his words. He shot out of his chair, slammed his fist on the table and cried out, ‘Let’s not waste a moment. We’ll teach them a lesson.’
----------
V P Menon obtained a letter from Busher that read, ‘I resign on personal and health grounds. Please accept it immediately’ and left. General Cariappa was then given charge of the Indian Army
So JLN got agitated only when nuns were raped. Matches exactly with the DNA of Congoon party.
I still don't understand why Brits were made Chiefs of Army by both India and Pak despite having good local officers in the ranks unless this was imposed by Mountbatten.

Chetak Ji: How big or relevant would have been International reaction for a event in some distant corner of a God forsaken dirt poor country. Was JLN too obsessed with International stuff.

vishvak
BGR Member

Post by vishvak » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:06 am

Pakis got a country so what was their loss. A British official would give necessary legitimacy to that office.
Nehru was concerned about international repercussions.
Says a lot about 'international' bonhomie then. Rajaji was wise to state clearly with smile that cancer has to be removed.

vishvak
BGR Member

Post by vishvak » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:49 am

Busher: After I do my duty, I shall be in your hands.’
Guess VP Menon ji also did better that day to change leadership after plans were leaked, without taking chances etcetera. Could have made things no better with either British and/or nascent international situations post WWII.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:03 pm

paki panic has truly set in.

why is the paki army still harping on the CPEC ponzi scheme and why is it trying to hard sell it to India when all the slimy facts are only too well known??

what exactly is the paki army (scam/profit) angle with the CPEC and India??

So, when is the paki army transferring technology to the Indian Army to start manufacturing cornflakes, since bajwa is keen on talking business??

Qamar Bajwa's 'outreach' to Bipin Rawat likely to be stymied by bureaucracy, but keeping channel open a good idea

Qamar Bajwa's 'outreach' to Bipin Rawat likely to be stymied by bureaucracy, but keeping channel open a good idea

Tara Kartha

Jan 24, 2019

The Indian Army chief General Bipin Rawat’s statements often come thick and fast, but they’re usually newsworthy. Recently however, General Rawat was less focussed on hurling threats at Pakistan, and instead sought to clarify that a report in The New York Times which alleged he had been quietly approached by the Pakistani Army chief General Qamar Bajwa for talks, was completely incorrect. The media house then reported that General Bajwa reached out to his counterpart well before the general elections that brought Prime Minister Imran Khan to power. It then went to state rather curiously that “a key objective for Pakistan in reaching out to India is to open barriers to trade between the countries, which would give Pakistan more access to regional markets. Any eventual peace talks over Kashmir are likely to involve an increase in bilateral trade as a confidence-building measure”.

Now that’s curious. While the military in Pakistan is all-encompassing in its “interests” at a national level, it is hardly General Rawat’s brief to talk trade with his counterpart. It is undoubtedly true that Pakistan’s chief is now showing a healthy interest in trade and investment issues, since he is fast realising that the key to getting a better deal for his institution lies in reviving the lagging Pakistani economy.

His speech to the Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry in October 2017 underlined his concern at Pakistan’s “sky-high debt”, warning that “the region will sink or sail together. I want to convey to our neighbours to the east and to the west that our destinies are inextricably linked”. At the end of his speech, Bajwa added that the springboard for this shared development was the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). In other words, the chief seemed to be not only opting for opening up trade with neighbours, he was also selling the CPEC as a vehicle to do so.

That’s a lot for any army chief to say. Certainly, General Rawat, for all his eloquence and all too frequent chats with the press, can hardly draw such grand designs without clearance from half a dozen ministries. So the question is: What was the objective of the Pakistani Army chief in reaching out to his counterpart, when he would know full well that the Indian Army is very properly (and rigorously) bounded about by the civilian bureaucracy and the political leadership as befits a democracy? Military to military” talks — or ‘mil to mil” as they are called — are hardly ever precursors to a formal political dialogue.

It’s usually the politicos who sit together first, and then later — much later — the militaries sit down and talk to each other, usually on subjects linked to their domains. None of this is to say that militaries don’t talk to each other at all. But these issues are usually single subject meetings: like flag meetings to discuss border violations. For instance, a flag meeting at the Brigade-level was held in Poonch just two months ago, to discuss “how to strengthen the ceasefire”. That’s politesse. The reality is that the one probably inflicted one too many losses on the other, and there was a decision to fend off any possible escalation. That’s fairly standard stuff, and hardly the kind of reaching out that the Pakistani chief has in mind.

While considering the Pakistani Army chief's motives, the underlying fact remains that talking to the centre of power in Pakistan is very much in India’s interest. That just about everyone else sees it as in their respective interest is apparent in the fact that every foreign diplomat worth his salt will make his bow to the civilian leadership, and then hasten to army headquarters to get the real lowdown on what’s possible and what’s not with regard to a bilateral relationship on in wheeling and dealing on Afghanistan.

So while agreeing the ‘mil to mil’ talks are desirable, the problem remains how to get it off the ground in a situation where the politicians can't (or won't) talk to each other. In such a scenario, it is possible for the two chiefs to meet quietly at another location in much the same way as the two National Security Advisors of India and Pakistan have met in Bangkok and other such convenient cities. Alternatively, they could meet at a location where both army chiefs are present in an official capacity. There is no shortage of locations. The point is what subject they are to discuss.

NSAs on both sides can and do talk freely. But with all due respect, the Indian Army chief is hardly capable of having dialogue with authority on any other subject other than war-making or its avoidance. Other than that, the only other subject that could possibly be discussed is Kashmir, which the army knows and knows well. And in the final analysis, that is all there is to discuss: not in its substance, but quite literally in its terms of reference.

In other words, is Pakistan willing to go ahead with resolution of Sir Creek for instance, and open up trade while putting aside the issue of Kashmir? It’s a black and white situation, with the Indian Army chief only required to assess his opposite number’s position on this vital question. Other add-ons — like Indian involvement in CPEC — has to await entirely separate dialogues, probably with the Chinese rather than Islamabad.

And finally, while in Pakistan the army decides what it is going to talk about, in India it is the bureaucracy that takes the final call. So the actual question is whether any bureaucrat worth his sacrosanct file will allow this kind of leeway to a rather more than loquacious army chief. That answer is probably a resounding 'no'. That’s regrettable. Talking to the top is always a good idea, even if you have to crane your neck while doing it.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:36 pm

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:48 pm

what's with this guy constantly "meeting" the chinese??

is it allowed without the permission of the GoI??

what about the report to the govt, to be filed thereafter??

such unwarranted meetings can leave people wide open to security risks.

He had also spoken out of turn at the US embassy sometime earlier too and the ambassador had reported those unsavory/unwarranted comments against some Indian entities to the US govt of the time.

Rahul Gandhi accidentally reveals he had a secret meeting with Chinese ministers during his Kailash visit

Rahul Gandhi accidentally reveals he had a secret meeting with Chinese ministers during his Kailash visit

During the much-published visit of Rahul Gandhi to Kailash Mansarovar in September last year, he had a meeting with a couple of Chinese ministers. And this sensational revelation has come from Rahul Gandhi himself, not from any other source.

While answering a question on concerns of automation in job creation, Rahul Gandhi said that a couple of Chinese ministers told him during his Kailash visit that China is facing no problem in job creation due to automation.

There was no report of Rahul Gandhi meeting Chinese ministers during his pilgrimage to the holy lake, this means the meeting was kept a secret, and Rahul Gandhi accidentally revealed it while talking about an unrelated matter in Odisha today. Rahul Gandhi is a member of parliament, and the president of the largest opposition party. Moreover, China is not a friendly country, it is hostile towards India. China claims Arunachal Pradesh to be their territory, their forces regularly intrude into the Indian side of the border. Therefore, any unpublished meeting with the Chinese government by Indian politicians is a serious issue.

It is not known whether the government of India is aware of this meeting.

This is not the first time the Congress president had secret meetings with foreign dignitaries to be revealed later. On 8th July 2017, Rahul Gandhi had a meeting with the Chinese Ambassador to India Luo Zhaohui which was not made public. When some media houses reported the meeting, the Congress party termed it fake news. But later the meeting was confirmed by the Chinese embassy on its website.

The meeting between Rahul Gandhi and the Chinese Ambassador had happened when both the countries were engaged in the Doklam Standoff, which lasted till August 2017.

dinesh_kumar
BGR Newbie

Post by dinesh_kumar » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:36 pm

^ Dear Sirjee,

Why are you complaining when GOI and the Man himself are not bothered.

Last time RaGa met Chinese, during Doklam, he got away scot free by the establishment.

You know very well they did not bat an eyelid.

If you and I are agitated, they will give us reservations and manage the situation.

Why you acting like " Bharat Rakshak" and getting your blood pressure up?

And regarding the ISRO- IGP Sreekumar and Nambi Narayan case, you know all the details.

What would you have done if you controlled the law and order machinery and were the HM/PM ?

If you had that kind of power, and someone has been a traitor against India's Space Program, would you play namby pamby- ostrich in the sand?

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:17 pm

Try this anger therapy at Indian Airport and enjoy CRPF hospitality with few well aimed Thappad

Many people get irked while undergoing security checks at airports. However, one passenger got so upset during her security check at the Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, Thailand, she slapped the airport security personnel screening her. The bizarre incident was caught on camera and has since made its way online.
The video opens to shows a tourist, looking agitated, walking through the security scanner. Moments later a security personnel with a hand-held scanner is seen approaching her. The woman first appears to refuse the check following the pat-down but eventually stands with her arms raised for the check. However, moments into the check, the passenger is seen slapping the staffer.
A man, who appears to be travelling with the woman, immediately steps in and holds her back. He is even seen apologising to the staffer and other guards who walked towards them.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:50 am

any chennai folks around? want to go see Uri..would like some company..

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:21 pm

well, Trump seems to have become a respected tourist guide.

Can't keep this guy down.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:59 pm

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:33 pm

twitter

#sarasvati statue in Washington DC. Donated, note, by Indonesian government, not Indian!

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:07 am

I can't seem to find the Social Media dhaga (or was it just on the erstwhile forum?), but has anyone been following the Parliamentary summons to Twitter? I hope the MPs do their homework thoroughly for the questioning, else they will end up looking like clowns.
If they do their research though, there is so much to nail them on - right from hiring a scumbag Kashmiri separatist as India head, to a rabidly anti-Hindu and anti-Modi 'Director of Policy', to the CEO's own "Smash Brahminical Patriarchy" placard during his previous visit.