Election Discussions - National, State etc

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.
Supratik
Forum Moderator

Re: Election Discussions - National, State etc

Post by Supratik » Sat May 19, 2018 3:34 pm

I think they will wait for 2019. I won't be surprised if something happens after that. But this is different from Bihar, Unlike Nitish who is honest and has a moral compass (which is why he couldn't stay with RJD) both Kumarswamy and Congress will be happy with the loot. So frankly there are no Raja Harishchandra options.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Sat May 19, 2018 3:57 pm

abhijit wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 3:26 pm
Not each visit by head of states is to sign multi billion deals. Recently Justin Trudeau came here for photo shoot and appease sikh voters back home.
Justin Trudeau had a 1/2 day official visit, and the rest of the week he was in India was a holiday for him.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Sat May 19, 2018 3:59 pm

One thing for sure is that KA will vote BJP in 2019. After that, state elections will be forced and BJP will win on a sympathy wave

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Sat May 19, 2018 4:20 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 3:59 pm
One thing for sure is that KA will vote BJP in 2019. After that, state elections will be forced and BJP will win on a sympathy wave
Modi needs to learn his lessons from this. If the urban middle class across the nation pull what Bengaluru pulled - stay home or vote NOTA - that would be the end of his "vikas" forever. HDK has already re-mooted the Mahathugbandhan call.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat May 19, 2018 4:28 pm

abhijit wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 3:26 pm
AbhishekC wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 2:36 pm
chetak wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 1:37 pm
or perhaps, in your wisdom, you think that they should have desisted from such horse trading?? and we should have respectfully continued as britshit slaves, even today??
We are britshit slaves even today. Thanks to Modi. What was Theresa May doing in India from 6-8 November 2016? Learning how to make tea from Modi? Or blackmailing him to execute Demo?

Think about this - the Britshit PM, whose country is in full crisis mode following Brexit, spends 3 days in a foreign country and signs only 2 agreements?
Not each visit by head of states is to sign multi billion deals. Recently Justin Trudeau came here for photo shoot and appease sikh voters back home.
Justin Trudeau came to India and was taught the lesson of his life.

Make no mistake, he will not be back soon. Separatists are certainly not among India's favorite people

If sikh voters in canada were even slightly impressed by that little french canadian shit's awkward bhangra dance antics and shameful fashion parade with cheap Indian dress knockoffs, they need their heads examined and that too by expensive doctors.

Other white skins too, in britain and in other parts of the world, watched him crash and burn. especially little itty bitty countries like new zealand and australia.

He left India, completely buggered and bent out of shape, not impressing the sikhs or anyone else for that matter.

For weeks on his return, he was pilloried mercilessly in the canadian press for a disastrous and bungled visit.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sat May 19, 2018 7:05 pm

SSundar wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 4:20 pm
JohnTitor wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 3:59 pm
Modi needs to learn his lessons from this. If the urban middle class across the nation pull what Bengaluru pulled - stay home or vote NOTA - that would be the end of his "vikas" forever. HDK has already re-mooted the Mahathugbandhan call.
The votes Modi loses by catering to the all out Hindutva voters is far greater than the 'all out Hindutva' voters. Even if we assume all 'NOTA' votes are Hindutva voes, they are far less than the total number of votes polled or votes BJP got.

Modi is not going to change his pace on Hindutva. Its up to the 'all out Hindutva' voters if they still wan't to 'teach Modi a lesson'. Talk about cutting the nose to spite the face.

The lesson will be taught to all us Hindus....by the congress.

It's time 'all out Hindutva' folks stop complaining till GE 2019 and work with the rest of the RW because there are no winners among HIndus if Modi loses 2019 and no, Yogi is not guaranteed either in 2024 or 2029 or beyond.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sat May 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Core voters will usually stay home if they are unhappy. NOTA voters will be more AAPian types or fence-sitters.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat May 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Supratik wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:16 pm
Core voters will usually stay home if they are unhappy. NOTA voters will be more AAPian types or fence-sitters.
bangalore city voters are not unhappy. They all want bana bana garam halwa delivered to their homes by political parties who they think should be grateful because these voters exist.

These voters are all lazy, apathetic and entitled. They simply don't vote because it is too much trouble to go and wait in a q and await their turns to cast their votes. They just don't want to mingle with unwashed abduls.

Whereas, the slum dwellers, carpenters, masons, plumbers etc, etc will go and vote. Their votes are counted and become meaningful. These valuable lower socio economic votes bring about the changes which these lazy voters detest and discuss with disdain in the comfort of their cosy houses.

They haven't won, but by not voting themselves, their servants, their drivers and maids and the pizza delivery guys have won.

How do I know?? I live in just such a place and see this rabid entitled behavior every day.

shynee
BGR Newbie

Post by shynee » Sat May 19, 2018 8:48 pm

OmkarC wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 4:38 am

Amit Shah needs to lead the charge against both Chandras - KCR is also ramping up vitriol against BJP these days.
KCR is there because he got no opposition. BJP and CON party are weak. KCR wins by default.

Was speaking to a friend of mine, for him one time KCR was like god and KCR can do no wrong. He would argue and argue on why the breakup of AP was good and how KCR will turn Telangana into most developed state. He totally turned Modi Bhakt(which is shocking, because he always liked CON party) after the Demo and GST. According him, people are pissed off due to his minority appeasement etc.. Time is ripe for Amit Shah to turn Telangana into another Tripura. Unlike Tripura, BJP does have some standing in Telangana.

shynee
BGR Newbie

Post by shynee » Sat May 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Who is this MirchiSeth and Pakya ? Very cryptic
#GauravPradhan 🇮🇳

@DrGPradhan
1h1 hour ago
More #GauravPradhan 🇮🇳 Retweeted #GauravPradhan 🇮🇳
He calls siddha
And then calls a MLA from Congress

Within an hour game is done
Now Mirchi is again on bed
Sleeping
Pakya meanwhile will be demoted

And pakya is almost into tears

Folks, don't lose hope. We are back in business. 15 days is too long period in politics

💃💃💃🕺🕺#GauravPradhan 🇮🇳 added,
#GauravPradhan 🇮🇳

@DrGPradhan
Karnataka is not yet over. The final round #MirchiSeth will play wait and watch. Maximum 15-30 days or sooner

JDU-Congress is over…

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sat May 19, 2018 10:12 pm

shynee wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 9:16 pm
Who is this MirchiSeth and Pakya ? Very cryptic
#GauravPradhan 🇮🇳

@DrGPradhan
1h1 hour ago
More #GauravPradhan 🇮🇳 Retweeted #GauravPradhan 🇮🇳
He calls siddha
And then calls a MLA from Congress

Within an hour game is done
Now Mirchi is again on bed
Sleeping
Pakya meanwhile will be demoted

And pakya is almost into tears

Folks, don't lose hope. We are back in business. 15 days is too long period in politics

💃💃💃🕺🕺#GauravPradhan 🇮🇳 added,
#GauravPradhan 🇮🇳

@DrGPradhan
Karnataka is not yet over. The final round #MirchiSeth will play wait and watch. Maximum 15-30 days or sooner

JDU-Congress is over…
I saw some one called Prakash Javadekar as 'Pakya' on twitter. Is he the BJP strategist for BJP in Karnataka?

http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/ ... 48010.html
BENGALURU: Union Minister Prakash Javadekar has been appointed as the BJP’s election in-charge for Karnataka assembly polls while his cabinet colleague Arun Jaitley will oversee Gujarat election. Union Minister Piyush Goyal will be co-incharge for Karnataka while BJP chief Amit Shah has appointed four Union Ministers - Narendra Singh Tomar, Nirmala Sitharaman, Jitendra Singh and P P Choudhary - as co-incharge for Gujarat polls.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Sun May 20, 2018 1:39 am

chetak wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:44 pm
Supratik wrote:
bangalore city voters are not unhappy. They all want bana bana garam halwa delivered to their homes by political parties who they think should be grateful because these voters exist.

These voters are all lazy, apathetic and entitled. They simply don't vote because it is too much trouble to go and wait in a q and await their turns to cast their votes. They just don't want to mingle with unwashed abduls.

Whereas, the slum dwellers, carpenters, masons, plumbers etc, etc will go and vote. Their votes are counted and become meaningful. These valuable lower socio economic votes bring about the changes which these lazy voters detest and discuss with disdain in the comfort of their cosy houses.

They haven't won, but by not voting themselves, their servants, their drivers and maids and the pizza delivery guys have won.

How do I know?? I live in just such a place and see this rabid entitled behavior every day.
Unfortunately it isn't as simple as that.

About 50% of those living in Bangalore aren't from KA, meaning they aren't registered to vote here and they can't be bothered either. I have colleagues who have been here for 8-10 years and aren't registered. Most of these are Northerners, who can't even be bothered to learn a sentence in Kannada, let alone e take part in the states politics. These are the entitled you speak of.

Most Kannadigas I know have voted, and have an opinion, one way or another.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Sun May 20, 2018 3:29 am

Hemanta should coach bjp strategists how to make pre poll arrangements. There are plethora of parties in NE and yet he is able to keep the flock together.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun May 20, 2018 4:58 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 1:39 am
chetak wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:44 pm
Supratik wrote:

Unfortunately it isn't as simple as that.

About 50% of those living in Bangalore aren't from KA, meaning they aren't registered to vote here and they can't be bothered either. I have colleagues who have been here for 8-10 years and aren't registered. Most of these are Northerners, who can't even be bothered to learn a sentence in Kannada, let alone e take part in the states politics. These are the entitled you speak of.

I am talking of locally registered voters and people who have been resident in bangalore for decades, have all the required local registrations, identity cards and what not.

madhub
BGR Newbie

Post by madhub » Sun May 20, 2018 5:25 am

I dont seam to understanding why did BSY and sreramalu resigned from locasabha? Now the strength is 272 just one more of required number. I know other party is with, bjp but still. When they were so sure of loosing karnataka thrust vote.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sun May 20, 2018 7:34 am

JohnTitor wrote:About 50% of those living in Bangalore aren't from KA, meaning they aren't registered to vote here and they can't be bothered either. I have colleagues who have been here for 8-10 years and aren't registered. Most of these are Northerners, who can't even be bothered to learn a sentence in Kannada, let alone e take part in the states politics. These are the entitled you speak of.
This specific group you mention only exists in the IT-Vity area (East & South Eastern Bangalore sides) which has the IT companies and the big flats which house the workers. Any where outside this belt many people who have settled down have got their voter IDs and have also gone to vote. Perhaps the people in the IT-Vity area still have not decided to settle down, where as the settlers in other areas have decided to call Bangalore & Karnataka their home.

PS: I myself do not have property in KA, and hence do not have a voter ID as well. All I do is to vote diligently in KL :). The day I own a property here, that means I am going to be here for the rest of my life. Then getting a voter ID here would also convince me that KL is now a byegone dream :( :? .
Same here. Actually for them election on Saturday helped them a lot. Couple of my team mates are from northern districts of Karnataka. All of them left on Friday evening, and casted their votes. From their "view points" they seem to have voted for the BJP.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Sun May 20, 2018 1:29 pm

I dont seam to understanding why did BSY and sreramalu resigned from locasabha? Now the strength is 272 just one more of required number. I know other party is with, bjp but still. When they were so sure of loosing karnataka thrust vote.
guessing

The law says, they have to resign from LS or Assembly within 15 days after taking oath. (actually, its only 15 days after returning officer announces name, but thats aside).

BSY , Sremalu want to and hope to become CM , deputy CM or HomeMin etc by breaking JDS or congress.

So they decided to resign from LS

So we will soon have a 3 assembly byelection and 2 LS byelection . Lets see how congress/rss/jds perform in those 5 elections

madhub
BGR Newbie

Post by madhub » Sun May 20, 2018 2:42 pm

Fight for Dy CMs in KA.

Veerashaivas want Shyamanuru
Lingayats want MB Patil
Dalits want Parameshwar
Congress wants D.K.Shivakumar
Muslims want Zameer Ahmed Image
@vschanna on tweeter

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun May 20, 2018 5:21 pm

madhub wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:25 am
273 to be exact. 271 elected members (270 + 1 speaker) + 2 nominated (the two Anglo-indians are official BJP members).

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun May 20, 2018 5:44 pm

I would love to hear what rahul metha has to say about this,

why is it that BJP does not do "resort politics"??

After every election, How are their MLA always, and so freely, walking around??

No one to buy?? or no one dare buy??

Or is it that they are all simply not for sale??

twitter
कांग्रेसी MLA बिक रहे है क्योंके वो बिकाऊ है, वही BJP MLA खुलेआम घूम रहे है, न कोई खरीदे जाने का डर, ना कोई पार्टी द्वारा कैद; हालाकि ये नही कहूँगा के BJP के सारे MLA बेहद मूल्यवादि है, पर अमितजी के Management को श्रेय तो देना ही पड़ेगा;...

9:11 AM - 18 May 2018

twitter
Rightly said so. Why were Congress MLAs put in chains in Karnataka and not BJP MLAs? Congress MLAs were up for sale?

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Sun May 20, 2018 11:02 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:05 pm
The votes Modi loses by catering to the all out Hindutva voters is far greater than the 'all out Hindutva' voters. Even if we assume all 'NOTA' votes are Hindutva voes, they are far less than the total number of votes polled or votes BJP got.

Modi is not going to change his pace on Hindutva. Its up to the 'all out Hindutva' voters if they still wan't to 'teach Modi a lesson'. Talk about cutting the nose to spite the face.

The lesson will be taught to all us Hindus....by the congress.

It's time 'all out Hindutva' folks stop complaining till GE 2019 and work with the rest of the RW because there are no winners among HIndus if Modi loses 2019 and no, Yogi is not guaranteed either in 2024 or 2029 or beyond.
I am not a "Temple or else NOTA" kinda person. Anyone with a sound knowledge of economics and technology, and is NOT blinded by hatred for Modi since 2002, would have a reasonable inkling that Modi is better than that MMS abomination.

In my observation, some people in IT/Technology who lost their jobs in the last few years are strong anti-Modi influencers. Many of those voted Modi in 2014. They blame Modi for their job.

Many others fall victim to the incessant WhatsApp meme war and ask the same old "Where is my Rs. 15 lakhs?" question among other things. If you say "We RWers have to spread the news. It's not Modi's job.", please note that you have official Congi/Commie/AAPi machinery with the whole BIF ecosystem arrayed on the other side. This cannot be accomplished without the government being open and going on the offensive with its PR machinery.

Those that are bitter for their personal losses/hardships due to DeMo and GST are still around. Gujarati traders are not a good benchmark for this crowd.

There is also another (rather large) segment - Hindus who have close friends or significant others among the Peacefuls and Lovefuls.

It's about time Modi actually got into election mode and tom-toms his actual accomplishments and what they mean for India. I am not saying that he is not doing it, but he is not doing enough of it. KA showed us that EVERY single vote counts in 2019 and Modi would not be PM if BJP does not enjoy a brutal majority by itself. That means a disproportionate WMD strike needs to be unleashed much before the 2019 elections.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Sun May 20, 2018 11:06 pm

chetak wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:44 pm

Come on, Saar. Don't you watch rNDTV or India Today? The answer ought to be obvious to you unless you are a Sanghi watching Times Now or Republic.
They are roaming free because Dictator Modi will pull a Saddam on them if they dare to defect. They are terrified of crossing him.

*End Sarcasm*

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Mon May 21, 2018 1:21 am

chetak wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:44 pm
I would love to hear what rahul metha has to say about this,

RSS's control over CBI, income tax, excise, customs etc ensure that RSS MLAs will not dare to sell out for now

When congress was in center, and was out to poach RSS MLAs, things were nasty on RSS side

eg in mid 1990s, Shankersingh Vaghela who was in RSS back then managed to get some 35% RSS MLAs and split them from BJP = RSS.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Mon May 21, 2018 3:18 am

^^ To accuse RSS of being anti-national is one thing, but now you are suggesting that they control CBI and IT? What next, do they have hold over the CIA and MI6??

Mehta sir, some of what you say holds true and I feel you have the right intensions but by claiming such improbable things you are just diminishing your credibility. I would urge you to keep it same and do what you can instead of coming up with irrational conspiracy theories

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon May 21, 2018 4:06 am

I maybe a 'core' voter and all that but I do not and cannot in right conscience endorse this lemurian NOTA nonsense. Criticise Hindu-hurting policies and govt actions loudly, I'm with you. But NOTA and all is unconscionable.

Witness the damage it has done (TIFWIW, from teetar).