The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
KL Dubey
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sqUgua0npA

Excellent interview. This clear statement of NDA-II goremint's achievements is what one should expect in the election campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WUAfvFRF2o

...and the Times Now interview for good measure.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:11 pm

Bengal new paradise for Rohingyas
While Gazi could not explain how the refugees crossed into India from Bangladesh, he maintains that the adults at the camp have valid UNHCR cards and that the local police was well informed about the camp.

When contacted, superintendent of Baruipur police, Arijit Sinha, said, "We are aware of the shelter. The residents have all come here with valid UNHCR cards. They are UN recognised refugees and do not require documents like passport and visa."

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/mail-toda ... ssion=true

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:20 pm

NEW DELHI: Protests against the release of 'Padmaavat' by right-wing fringe outfits continued on Sunday, with Karni Sena members, armed with lathis, blocking busy roads in Gurgaon and vandalising unmanned toll booths in Noida, blocking highways and attacking public and private vehicles in Surat and other parts of Gujarat.
Thousands of people were stranded and traffic came to a standstill on the Ahmedabad-Udaipur highway after the Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation stopped services fearing violence. Traffic on Mundra-Mandvi highway in Kutch was stalled for nearly 10 hours following protests by the Rajput community.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 596875.cms

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:22 pm

Padmavati fallout: Karni Sena, other Rajput groups support Congress to avenge ‘humiliation’ by BJP in Rajasthan Bypolls
In the latest development that could mar BJP's chances of clinching the upcoming Rajasthan bypolls, nearly one dozen associations in the state have extended their support to the Congress

http://www.financialexpress.com/india-n ... s/1016304/

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:39 pm

Indrad wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:22 pm
Padmavati fallout: Karni Sena, other Rajput groups support Congress to avenge ‘humiliation’ by BJP in Rajasthan Bypolls
In the latest development that could mar BJP's chances of clinching the upcoming Rajasthan bypolls, nearly one dozen associations in the state have extended their support to the Congress

http://www.financialexpress.com/india-n ... s/1016304/
Karni Sena is another b@stardized Congoon outfit. Didn't one of their heads had contested election on Congress ticket? Using Padmavat to create a fissure in society, Congoons are sensing another opportunity.

Prasan
BGR Newbie

Post by Prasan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:35 am

Bajirao Mastani was a good movie by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. It raised awareness among people about Bajirao . I think this movie will also be good.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:36 am

For all of us who were feeling a bit down lately due to the negativity surrounding Modi, he replied in his own classic style at a place and time of his own choice - the Times Now Exclusive Interview. With English subtitles, to boot. It was enough to pump me up for sure.

Watch the whole thing if you haven't.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 am

Karthik wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:30 am
He gave zee interview hours after ABVP guy was killed in Kerala. Not one word on that, he was all smiling and carrying on with his personal marketing and self appraisal. Was expecting atleast one sentence on that.
The same ABVP guy was accused in one murder case (of a CPI(M) cadre) and an attempt to murder case (against a SDPI worker). So it is not very easy to blindly support such people also. It would be then like openly admitting that the leader (and party) would support every criminal in their ranks. Even CPI(M) do not take such a stance in Kerala.

suryag
BGR Newbie

Post by suryag » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:44 am

I am fully :( :( with this interview. NaMo ji saying very boldly that honesty wins and no sops needed. Am fully convinced the buffalo has gone into water and NDA may snatch defeat from victory. Everyone is egging him to meet economic parameters and he is willfully playing that game. I think the GoI can afford to throw in lots of sops in the last year before elections instead of this honesty wins theory, come elections and the voters dont care about GDP or CAD or some rating or ease of business etc but only what is extra in their pocket.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:57 am

suryag wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:44 am
Everyone is egging him to meet economic parameters and he is willfully playing that game.
Why waste time in these kind of idle speculations.

NaMo does not take any "egging on" from anybody. He is doing what he had been doing in Gujarat for 15 years, and he says clearly that the people of Bharat will evaluate his "vikas" results in 2019.

Simple reply, but hardly naïve. NaMo is only answering for himself since he was asked. Amit Shah is the man in charge for the election strategy and calculations - that is his full time job along with the RSS infrastructure. NaMo will show up for rallies wherever Amit and Co. tells him to go. Many others are there ( in the goremint and outside) for the political fights/media debates/covert ops. Even Subramanian Swamy is firing in the right direction.

"anye ca bahavah shUrAh madarthe tyaktajIvitAh nAnA shastrapraharaNAh sarve yuddhavishAradAh" - but unlike Duryodhana, NaMo is the good guy who will win.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Sachin wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 am
Karthik wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:30 am
He gave zee interview hours after ABVP guy was killed in Kerala. Not one word on that, he was all smiling and carrying on with his personal marketing and self appraisal. Was expecting atleast one sentence on that.
The same ABVP guy was accused in one murder case (of a CPI(M) cadre) and an attempt to murder case (against a SDPI worker). So it is not very easy to blindly support such people also. It would be then like openly admitting that the leader (and party) would support every criminal in their ranks. Even CPI(M) do not take such a stance in Kerala.
Oh I see, so any accused can be murdered and nobody should speak about it is it? I thought NM doesn't run a feudal society. By your same logic why did he speak against gaurakshaks then? After all, they were punishing those "accused" of cow smuggling?

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:49 pm

The Supreme Court (SC) today transferred to itself two cases from the Bombay high court (HC) about the alleged suspicious death of CBI judge BH Loya.
The SC then also asked other HCs not to entertain any PILs on the issue relating to Loya's death and posted the matter for hearing on February 2.
This happened after Justice mishra recused from Loya's case.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 602611.cms

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:21 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:57 am

NaMo does not take any "egging on" from anybody. He is doing what he had been doing in Gujarat for 15 years, and he says clearly that the people of Bharat will evaluate his "vikas" results in 2019.
Interesting, so Modi does realize that pushing the goalpost to 2022 is not going to cut it with the voters.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Karthik wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:07 pm
Oh I see, so any accused can be murdered and nobody should speak about it is it? I thought NM doesn't run a feudal society.
NM does not run a feudal society but the Commies do. The only language they understand is revenge killing, which triggers a reverse revenge killing. Hasn't this been the state of affairs in WB during Commie rule and Kerala? The solution is to eliminate Commies politically in the few states where they still have political relevance.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:39 pm

Karthik wrote:
Oh I see, so any accused can be murdered and nobody should speak about it is it? I thought NM doesn't run a feudal society. By your same logic why did he speak against gaurakshaks then? After all, they were punishing those "accused" of cow smuggling?
If Modi only highlights this murder, then he would soon have egg on his face because the dead person's past deeds would be brought up (which is not very glorious any ways). Gaurakshaks case was vigilante justice, the case in Kerala is murder for revenge. I think there is a difference between the two. And secondly, I feel as a prime minister Modi has slightly more important job than condoning a murder/crime in Kerala. What has the state BJP leadership done about this? The BJP's own party machinery; what have they done?

I am sorry, but I am getting a feeling that some people are expecting Modi to just get a list of action items from the Hindutwavadis (may be even pseudo-Hindutwavadis ) and just execute it on the ground, without asking any questions. Dismiss state governments, kick every one raising a voice into prison, kick out every non-Hindu from the country, yada..yada..yada. May be these people voted for Modi for precisely such reasons, but many others may not have the same reasons. And such people also have rights to vote for say CPI(M) the next time. I am sure M/s Karat & Yechuri would do wonders to the Hindutwa cause in India.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:54 pm

suryag wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:44 am
I am fully :( :( with this interview. NaMo ji saying very boldly that honesty wins and no sops needed. Am fully convinced the buffalo has gone into water and NDA may snatch defeat from victory. Everyone is egging him to meet economic parameters and he is willfully playing that game. I think the GoI can afford to throw in lots of sops in the last year before elections instead of this honesty wins theory, come elections and the voters dont care about GDP or CAD or some rating or ease of business etc but only what is extra in their pocket.
Don't go by what he says but by what he does. He is a politician. The budget isn't over until JetLi sings.

100% toilets and electricity across the country by 2019 is more than what the Congis accomplished in their decades of rule. By that time, GST would be "normal" and hardly anyone would be complaining about it.

One thing that makes me wonder if the significant silence on GST collections is deliberate. If the GST council is unanimously passing more and more rate reductions, it could mean that collections are exceeding projections and the states' initial apprehension about losing money may have been overcome. If this were true, then the government has room to play on IT rates. That alone can make or break middle class votes in 2019. Another huge vote bonanza can be reaped if the right noise is made about bringing petrol and diesel under GST. The beauty is that they don't have to do it by 2019 but just announce a timetable for it.

I think NaMo will not even have to campaign in 2019 if he could get the SC to conclude either RJB (in either direction) or NH (even a suspended sentence to MQ/RaGa).

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Sachin wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:39 pm
Karthik wrote:
If Modi only highlights this murder, then he would soon have egg on his face because the dead person's past deeds would be brought up (which is not very glorious any ways). Gaurakshaks case was vigilante justice, the case in Kerala is murder for revenge. I think there is a difference between the two. And secondly, I feel as a prime minister Modi has slightly more important job than condoning a murder/crime in Kerala. What has the state BJP leadership done about this? The BJP's own party machinery; what have they done?

I am sorry, but I am getting a feeling that some people are expecting Modi to just get a list of action items from the Hindutwavadis (may be even pseudo-Hindutwavadis ) and just execute it on the ground, without asking any questions. Dismiss state governments, kick every one raising a voice into prison, kick out every non-Hindu from the country, yada..yada..yada. May be these people voted for Modi for precisely such reasons, but many others may not have the same reasons. And such people also have rights to vote for say CPI(M) the next time. I am sure M/s Karat & Yechuri would do wonders to the Hindutwa cause in India.
All the wealth of India didn't stop us from being enslaved, so keep aside NM will ONLY do economic development, and it's enough. Just money will not guarantee any internal security in a country. So economic development alone is not enough in an Indian context.
IF modi has slightly more important job than condoning crime in kerala (but his job is to side with cow smuglers who shoot and kill farmers and BSF soldiers), then prey tell, why exactly those poor karyakartas in KL, KA, WB, TP are joining? They can happily work in MNCs and then indulge in forums like you and me. I don't think they are joining ABVP, RSS and BJP for economic development. You are from KL, ask ABVP, RSS members if they are part of BJP only for GST, MUDRA etc, we both know that's not the case. If BJP is an org, and NM is its General, it's very cavalier to say he won't have time to speak on crimes committed against foot soldiers. That's very insulting to the family members of the departed. They are not expendable.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:22 pm

Guys, I also watched ModiJi's excellent interview with TimesNow, thx to the Eng subtitles, I could get everything he was conveying, especially, some parts where my Hindi was a bit sketchy. I love the way libtrads are dissing this interview with "BJP toadies" (referring to TimesNow) or another choice phrase "North Korean media". This from the same slaves who when they interview their Sonia queen asked about her cooking, kitchen visits etc. Or how all of them were joyous seeing Sonia on a bike. These pukes are beneath contempt.

Main criticism I have if any of ModiJ's interview is that he seemed to soft peddle TSP. I hope he is not preparing the ground for another bear hug or talks resumption. Instead of putting the finger on TSP, he was giving some vague crap about reaching out to TSP people (as if TSP people are any different when it comes to India) and how we should join hands and fight disease and poverty. Same old tired crap. And even when it came to terror, some vague condemnation of terrorists as though they are from Mars. Nothing about TSPA, ISI. Nothing about 26/11, Pathankot etc. Maybe there was something Chanakyan in his outlook, I don't know.

On another note, Libtrad Reetika Khera, darling of NDTV, does a hit job in today's NYT. Bashing aadhar. Question I have for the gurus. I think I know Americans in and out having lived here for 25+ years. I can safely say 99.9999% of Americans could care less for NYT, they get their news from Facebook, Oprah, and Fox, talks shows etc. And of the remaining .0001% who do read NYT, 99.9999% could give a rat's behind for Aadhar in India. So by puking in the NYT against Aadhar, against ModiJ, what is this silly little libtard broad Reetika trying to achieve. Of course, were one to question her anti-national, anti-BJP, anti-Hindu motives (which is what drives her), all hell will break loose in India about "intolerant BJP trolls".

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:41 pm

The idea that NM or AS is not in touch with "ground realities" is just laughable given that, relatively speaking, it is the bjp that is more in tune with voting public than any other party.

have you folks even listened to the stuff from top leaders of other parties?

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Karthik wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:19 pm
All the wealth of India didn't stop us from being enslaved, so keep aside NM will ONLY do economic development, and it's enough. Just money will not guarantee any internal security in a country. So economic development alone is not enough in an Indian context.
Correct. All the wealth did not stop us from being enslaved... because:

1. Our people were too Dharmic to realize the vileness and cruelty that drove the minds of the invaders. Plainly, the rules of engagement were interpreted through our culture, not that of the invader.
2. The wealth was not adequately invested in building weaponry. It was invested in building great culture, civilization and prosperity.
3. Jaichands exist in all civilizations and in ours, we failed to identify them early and deal with them ruthlessly.

We can say Modi has done well in #1, extremely well in #2 and somewhat OK in #3. For #3, he has his own unique way of dealing with them. He gives them a lot of rope to hang themselves. They indulge him very well and expose themselves to the public to leave no doubt in anyone's minds. Most of us mere mortals are on a much faster calendar than Modi is with respect to #3 :) . That does not mean he is wrong.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:59 pm

crams wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:22 pm
Main criticism I have if any of ModiJ's interview is that he seemed to soft peddle TSP. I hope he is not preparing the ground for another bear hug or talks resumption. Instead of putting the finger on TSP, he was giving some vague crap about reaching out to TSP people (as if TSP people are any different when it comes to India) and how we should join hands and fight disease and poverty. Same old tired crap. And even when it came to terror, some vague condemnation of terrorists as though they are from Mars. Nothing about TSPA, ISI. Nothing about 26/11, Pathankot etc. Maybe there was something Chanakyan in his outlook, I don't know.
I saw the same interview and came up with a completely different interpretation on TSP. He was not soft peddling. He clearly implied that talking to the politicos and the army there is a total waste of time. Hence the straight talk to the people.

For a different question, he also clearly stated that our foreign policy is not centered around one country. Ergo, TSP ain't worth taking a pi$$ on.

He is treating TSP politicos/army with the "respect" any normal human being would show a cockroach in their backyard. The only person who keeps talking about the cockroach nonstop is the one who fears the cockroach.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:04 pm

it is quite a reach to get from "our nation was rich but still we got enslaved" to "we should prioritize hindutva over development" ..

when we know that the major driver of conversion by a long distance, is abject grinding poverty. Even more than caste based discrimination.

No middle-class 'so-called low caste' would ever convert now.

and on top of that, the current trend is, those who get past the lower base in maslow pyramid -start patronizing their community activities more and strengthen it.

I have personally done that myself - contributing for my community activities and family deity, even being an agnostic, and I've noticed that in my peers of other communities. So enough of this nonsense of we need hindutva now.

modi has taken steps to level the field (ngo money, state patronizing, being unabashed about his own hindu practices etc) and the rest is up to you to go forth and multiply. stop the whinging.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:33 pm

On the Karni Sena dudes' agitation against Padmavathi, and calls by useless Bimbo Omar Abdullah's keep and that despicable anti-Hindu chic Anna Vetticad to go after Karni Sena, Rakesh Sinha pulled off an excellent retort which I will get to in a minute.

But first, it makes laugh in contempt at this whole Padmavat saga being cast as 'artistic freedom' and 'right to offend' by libtards. I would have no problem with 'artistic freedom' if it were applied equally. Problem of course is Indians of various castes, religious groupings etc are emotionally charged, and so I doubt one can have blanket 'artistic freedom' license. (for that matter in any country). But where the so called debate turns hypocritical is that the same libtards won't speak even a fraction as passionately when people of religions of 'peace', I mean Abrahamics protest any hint of offense to them. Take for example, Mother Theresa. You try criticizing her, and these libtrad vultures will come down with allegations of 'fascism', 'communal-ism' against those criticizing Mother Theresa. So this issue is about applying Utopian notions equally.

Now coming to Rakesh SinhaJi's retort. When Omar Abdullah's keep was hounding him for Rajasthan and MP CMs not taking on Karni Sena, he said, yes he is against violence, but the passions are riding so high, you can't expect the CMs to give orders to shoot and arrest mass scale. There will be complete law and order break down if not handled sensitively. And he went to add how come the same questions were not asked when Dalits under guidance of Pappu and his slaves like Jignesh Mevai were going on the rampage in Maharashtra. Note how the debate there was framed as Dalits' legitimate anger at caste oppression. SinhaJi asked why Omar Abdullah's keep did not ask for shooting Dalit protesters. And he did emphasize even there Dalit protests needed to be dealt with sensitively. Boy that guy is erudite, but sometimes he has trouble articulating his views in Oxford style English :-).

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:53 pm

Is this Gallup poll bad news for 2019? Fewer Indians now feel they are thriving compared to 2014.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourd ... 4ca07203bf
....only 3% of Indians consider themselves thriving in 2017 compared to 14% in 2014.
Wages of poor people have gone down too:
Meanwhile, wages paid to low-skilled labor decreased to 10300 INR/Month in 2017 from 13300 INR/Month in 2014.

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:53 pm

SSundar wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:54 pm
One thing that makes me wonder if the significant silence on GST collections is deliberate. If the GST council is unanimously passing more and more rate reductions, it could mean that collections are exceeding projections and the states' initial apprehension about losing money may have been overcome. If this were true, then the government has room to play on IT rates. That alone can make or break middle class votes in 2019. Another huge vote bonanza can be reaped if the right noise is made about bringing petrol and diesel under GST. The beauty is that they don't have to do it by 2019 but just announce a timetable for it.
I think the reason for relative silence on GST is due to decline in GST collection. There is a GST thread in this forum, you probably want to read it.

https://bharatganrajya.com/viewtopic.ph ... 7004#p7004