The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Aditya_V
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:08 am

Catse system feeds on shortage and poverty. Development and a good education curriculum is best answer to removing the caste barriers as there will lesser shortage for jobs and education opportunities.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:52 am

v_raman wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:37 am
The so called upper castes should render unqualified apology over and over. Offer them reparations for all the injustice, intermarry, etc. if that is what it takes!
Hope you are trolling or being sarcastic. But if other wise; intermarriage etc. are all happening even today. But that is based on very many factors like the job of the girl & the boy, the society they currently live in. But the concept of "intermarriage" is a bit funny. I have heard this from many strong Dalit activists on this topic. But they always insist on a non-Dalit girl being married off to a Dalit boy, with the girl's parents taking the initiative. They generally do not talk about the reverse case. Don't know why :?: .
I am genuinely worried that Hindu consolidation will result in perpetuation of caste system even more instead of removing them!
Then vote for INC. In that case caste system would naturally die away. We did that for 50+ years, caste system is still there. But again no harm in trying for 50 more years :rotfl: . That would also give some time for the Hindus to decide on which religion would be the better for them (without caste stigmas; off course).
Aditya_V wrote:Catse system feeds on shortage and poverty. Development and a good education curriculum is best answer to removing the caste barriers as there will lesser shortage for jobs and education opportunities.
Exactly. To be frank the kind of so called inter-caste marriage I see around me is very high in number, than what I saw 20 years back. My samples may be in the IT industry, but again that highlights one of your points - lesser shortage of jobs. When people have jobs to pursue, lands to move into, and generally have some money to spare; such people would be in a better position to take individual decisions, which would cut across many of the social boundaries set now.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:06 am

WTF was the govt doing? Doesn't it know the organizers? One of them even faces sedition charges. Certain things are better nipped in the bud. One poor guy minding his own business was killed yesterday.

kittoo
BGR Newbie

Post by kittoo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:10 am

Karthik wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:06 am
WTF was the govt doing? Doesn't it know the organizers? One of them even faces sedition charges. Certain things are better nipped in the bud. One poor guy minding his own business was killed yesterday.
True. The presence of even one of these retarded souls shouldve raised red flags, and this 'celebration' had so many of them. Umar khalid, jignesh mewani, soni sori, vemula's mother and so on. If a bjp government can't detect this, then shame on them. No survival instincts at all, let alone killer instincts.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:15 am

Sridhar k wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:27 pm
Rajini is a follower of Paramahamsa Yogananda of Autobio of Yogi Fame. If you have read his works, Rajinis talk wont be a surprise. He will read Christianity through a Sanatani view. Though it works in your spirtual world view, it is too naive under the machinisation of political christianity and wahabbi Islam, which requires a arthasastra view
Are you a Rajini-rakshak? Nothing wrong if you are. Here, we have bharat-rakshaks, forum-rakshaks, modi-rakshaks, EVM-rakshaks, GST-rakshaks, demo-rakshaks and we now also have FRDI-rakshaks . So if you are a rajini-rakshak, you will have lots of company ... just kidding ....

Well, I request all to see this 1 minute video, and tell me what would a COMMON MAN think after hearing this statement - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk7ngZFYh4I

In this video, whatever Tamil I could understand -- in clear terms, Rajnikant is saying that "Jesus is the highest guru" and calls Jesus as Sri Krishna !!!

So I wont go into depth of "reading Christianity through a Sanatani view". Nor would any common man do afaik. Most commons take the sentences in very literal way. And Rajini sir KNOWS that. And its not one video - there are several such videos. Its is more that clear to me, that Rajini sir is under influence of Missionaries for reasons I will later speculate.

==========

In caste riots in Maharshtra, someone killed a MARATHA youth first, and that young man was just some garage mechanic jacket with shivaji painted on back and was walking by !!! He was beaten and stoned, and he died due to these injuries. So looks like some organized trouble making by career criminals. The mess is because we have too many violent career criminals due to corruption in judges, policemen etc.

[aside : Mahar vs Peshva battle of 1818 AD --- (500 to 800 Mahar + 10-20 British ) won against 25000 Peshva troops, because (Mahar + British) had better weapons namely better cannons. And more British troops were coming which had many many more of these better cannons. So Peshwa troops decided to flee. Mahars were recruited by Shivaji into Military and later expelled by Peshwa because militancy in Dalits was reducing supply of cheap agricultural labor. So expelled Mahars approached British and vice versa. And so British could form a army of Mahars. ]

====

Many anti-reservation "activists" add fuel to dalit vs upper mess by constantly and WRONGLY blaming caste based reservation for all the mess in India. CBR has not causes even 1% damage that corruption and nepotism in judiciary has caused. But you will never hear anti-reservation activist talk against corruption / nepotism / nexuses in courts and he can go marathon while talking about evils of reservation. And even though now it is proven, that benefits of reservations are far far far more than damage it causes, they will keep talking against reservation and tacitly taut dalits who have taken advantage of reservation.

In order to get upper castes' votes and volunteer labor, RSS always projected itself as anti-reservation. Since 1980, RSS in Gujarat has projected itself as "pro-merit anti-reservation" using mannerism and gestures. RSS has played caste politics, just like congress does. And within RSS too, there are caste plays. eg Hardik Patel was supported by RSS Minister Nitinbhai Patel as well as RSS leader Pravin Togadia . Nitinbhai Patel played caste politics to fullest extent to regain Finance Dept. Solution I propose is to print (OSF) laws that will reduce caste rivalary and misunderstandings.
(added later : RSS = VHP = BJP . one and the same)
Last edited by MehtaRahulC on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:18 am

MehtarahulC- > too many facts are getting in your way- Pravin Togadia is VHP leader and has campaigned in every election for BJP's defeat.

gauravsh
BGR Newbie

Post by gauravsh » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:45 am

http://www.opindia.com/2018/01/republic ... ng-people/
BJP should take this in a offensive manner.
Meanwhile, i am still waiting for kadi ninda !!

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:42 am

There is nobody as feared as a truly just man. ~ GRR Martin, IIRC.
Prashant P. Umrao Verified account @ippatel 19m19 minutes ago
Yogi Govt has released Secular calendar for madarsas with holiday on Mahavir Jayanti,Budha Purnima,Christmas,Rakhi,Diwali etc.10 holidays allowed for Id-ul-Zuha & Muharram hv been reduced to 4.
https://twitter.com/ippatel/status/948498988226899969

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:44 am

No evidence for 'love jihad' in Kerala, says Home dept. (Mathrubhumi: English)
As per this report said to be done by the Kerala Police Intelligence wing (with assistance from Central agencies; don't know what means), 7299 non-Muslims converted to Islam from 2011-2016 time frame.1216 is the number in 2017 alone.Majority of them decided to follow Islam under the influence of some people in their close circles.[sic]. Thrissur district is the top scorer in this count, with Palakkad coming a close second (both districts are in Central Kerala).

The same news paper also had a report in Malayalam, which gives out more statistical numbers.
No Jihad, Only Love (Mathrubhumi: Malayalam)
  • 65 % of conversions are from nuclear families.
  • 61% converted due to reasons of love. 12% due to broken families. 6% for social recognition ( :o ).
  • 17% of converted came from CPI(M) (Communist ideological) background. 8% from INC. 2% from BJP.
  • 82% converted from Hindu religious background. 17% from Christian background.
  • Among the Hindu converts, 64.4% were from OBC/Ezhava caste background, Nairs 10%, Scheduled cast 7.3%, Brahmins 0.7%.
The higher numbers from CPI(M) background, plus the caste %-age kind of clearly shows that such conversions are happening from the actual cadre/vote bank of commies. Akhila @ Hadiya is the perfect example.
Last edited by Sachin on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:46 am

MUMBAI: At the center of all the trouble Mumbai faced on Tuesday and the spectre of a complete shut-down it faces today are two men who could view the state-wide chaos+ they have caused as something of a trophy.
This is not the first time Sambhaji Bhide, 85, better known as Bhide Guruji, and Milind Ekbote, 56, have stirred the 'us vs them' pot. In 2008, Bhide was in national spotlight when his followers ransacked movie halls protesting against the release of movie Jodha-Akbar. In 2009, he brought his hometown Sangli to a standstill when a Ganesh pandal was denied permission to put up an artiste's impression of the assassination of Adil Shah's army commander Afjal Khan by Shivaji Maharaj. .
Ekbote has 12 cases of rioting, trespassing, criminal intimidation, and attempts to spread enmity between two communities against him. He has been convicted in five of these cases. During his first term as a BJP corporator in Pune between 1997 and 2002, he had come to fisticuffs with a Muslim corporator over the construction of Haj house. .
This time, Bhide and Ekbote have ranged the Hindutva forces against the Dalits in the state. They achieved this by desecrating the samadhi of a Mahar named Govind Gaikwad who is credited with performing Shivaji Maharaj's son Sambhajiraje Bhosale's funeral when nobody else would touch the body as it could have invited the Mughals' wrath. .
Bhide and Ekbote's beef with the legend of Govind Gaikwad is that it's a narrative spun by the Britishers. They believe that Sambhajiraje Bhosale's last rites were performed by Marathas and the duo has demanded a governmentsponsored study to establish the facts. .
The timing of their ransacking of the samadhi located in a village named Wadhu in Pune district was telling. They desecrated the Samadhi on December 29, knowing fully well that thousands of Dalits would gather on January 1at a nearby village called Bhima-Koregaon to celebrate the anniversary of the defeat of the Peshva army at the hands of British forces comprising mainly Dalit soldiers. .
The riots that started in Bhima-Koregaon as Hindutva activists led a procession to the village, where Dalits had gathered for the annual commemoration of the battle, spread soon to Pune and have since engulfed the entire state. Though an FIR has been lodged against both Bhide and Ekbote, nobody is surprised that they have not been arrested yet. Both have deep links with the RSS and wield considerable clout within the ruling dispensation in the state and at the Centre. .
In 2014, when Narendra Modi launched his campaign to become the prime minister, he visited Bhide at his house in Sangli and touched his feet. Later, at a public rally Modi declared: "I did not come to Sangli on my own, but I was given orders by Bhide Guruji to visit your city and here I am."
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 347882.cms
if ToI is to be believed this is work of BJP... :geek:
After quick investigation CM should file FIR on ToI for defaming he party.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:00 am

Looking back at Gujarat, could the farmer's crisis have been handled better? BJP could have easily retained its seats if it performed well in rural areas. Who dropped the ball on this one? How did they miss the signs?

Is this the reason Nitin Patel was not given the finance ministry? A state like Gujarat could have easily handled the extra burden of providing relief to the farmers.
How did Amit Shah miss the signs of rural revolt?

A bigger defeat would have crushed the congress and demoralized the cadre. On the other hand, hopefully BJP learnt some lessons for the all important 2019.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:24 am

I am sure BJP knew the signs, but GST was a big gamble and they focused on the more bankable urban seats. Now that the GST collection data will become more apparent. Even at 80K crores a month its much higher than Excise+ ST+ various VAT + ent Tax without VAT/Excise on Petrol/ Diesel/ Alcohol.

BJP had to take a risk and they saw the only window before Gujarat elections. after 3 and half 1/2 years of austerity for reporting on 31 March 2018, important date for reporting numbers, expect election goign states to give good MSP prices.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:49 am

In order to break down caste barriers, government should get rid of reservations based on caste. Let there be reservation based on income.. all poor people irrespective of what God they believe in feel the same hunger and have the same dreams.

Caste based reservation only reinforces segregation.

BTW those saying upper castes are responsible should do some reading. The concept of caste isn't even indian. Caste is a Portuguese word. Jaati/verna as it is known in India is much more nuanced and behavioural. Just as you cannot call a janitor a doctor because it is less insulting, a priest cannot be called a servant.

There is a very good article .. I can't find the link but I'll search for it. It does a very good job of explaining how the system was incorporated by the British and other Europeans

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Nice point totally correct but political suicide. Any party even suggesting that can forget the vote of anyone beniffiting from reservation for the next 30 years. Sins of our past.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Just stop giving any official proof of caste to all. Make all existing caste records void. After 2 generations things will start settling down.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:40 pm

Maybe it is political suicide.. but the alternative is to continue as is and lose grip over time.

The fact remains that a lot of brahmins today live in desperate poverty. A lot of the sauchalayas are manned by brahmins. Nevertheless the congis go om beating the caste drums to sow divisions and keep hindus from ever uniting.

Further, the current reservation system doesn't even help the castes uts supposed to. Because all the rich from each if these take up the quotas leaving none for the poor of that caste. There was a great example of this when during the hardik patel tamasha happened a year ago, people protesting standing in the sunroofs of Jaguars and Mercedes cars wanted reservation. What a joke!

In karnataka there are brahmin Christians, gowda Christians etc.. and these are officially recognised. They get reservation but brahmins as hindus dont. So tell me, if you're poor what incentive do you have to remaim hindu when its simpler to convert and enjoy the benefits.

This is why reservation based on caste/religions need to end and move towards reservation based on income levels. This one act will ensure hindus unifying over a couple decades.

Unfortunately, no one has the cohonies to do it and therefore wthe divide and rule option will always be around for BIF to use.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:48 pm

We have this wrong understanding of reservation. It was never conceived just because dalits were poor. One of the reasons for reservation was to push dalits up in social ladder and allow them more socially acceptable within upper caste white collar circle. If we argue against reservation only on financial point of view then that is not going to sell.

I agree this reservation has created more divide but I don't have a solution though.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:59 pm

^^ agreed. But here's the thing, once you have reservations based on income levels, you can have meritocracy. You can take the best irrespective of their caste and creed because the poor sections of society don't need to worry about finding money for their tuition fees

The poor can compete with the rich on an equal footing (granted it eont be utopia and there will be several other issues) but once you have a meritocratic system people will be selected based on talent.

Now what you have is mediocre IIT grads and teachers because they were selected based on a politically convenient quota system of which social group will vote for them. India will never achieve greatness without a meritocratic system. But the system has to allow people from poorer backgrounds to compete without having to worry about finances.

You want to get into iit or iim or any other institution, fine.. be the best. Can't afford it because your parents are labourers? No problem, you will be provided a scholarship to cover all/some expenses. Who cares who you worship!
Last edited by JohnTitor on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:02 pm

Our society is more divided between castes than between poor and rich. This argument sells in an homogeneous society but not ours, unfortunately. I am not proud to say this.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:04 pm

One solution is make caste disappear over next 50 years by officially derecognizing it. But is it really implementable?

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:09 pm

Caste is a self fulfilling prophecy! A brahmin can't become a gowda or patel anymore than a patel can become a brahmin. Because it is based on birth and therefore set in stone.

The more you reinforce it with reservation, the more it means something. If there were no caste based reservation, then the only thing that caste would take part in is marriage, the dividing lines of which will fade over time

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:51 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:09 pm
Caste is a self fulfilling prophecy! A brahmin can't become a gowda or patel anymore than a patel can become a brahmin. Because it is based on birth and therefore set in stone.

The more you reinforce it with reservation, the more it means something. If there were no caste based reservation, then the only thing that caste would take part in is marriage, the dividing lines of which will fade over time
enforce a rigid economic criterion to all reservations, especially caste and religion based ones, so that the fruits are more evenly spread and the communities that require it benefit in larger numbers and strictly separate the creamy layer that is created which by force snatches all the gravy and leaves nothing for the rest.

Sridhar k
BGR Newbie

Post by Sridhar k » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:25 pm

Are you a Rajini-rakshak? Nothing wrong if you are. Here, we have bharat-rakshaks, forum-rakshaks, modi-rakshaks, EVM-rakshaks, GST-rakshaks, demo-rakshaks and we now also have FRDI-rakshaks . So if you are a rajini-rakshak, you will have lots of company ... just kidding ....

Well, I request all to see this 1 minute video, and tell me what would a COMMON MAN think after hearing this statement - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk7ngZFYh4I

In this video, whatever Tamil I could understand -- in clear terms, Rajnikant is saying that "Jesus is the highest guru" and calls Jesus as Sri Krishna !!!

So I wont go into depth of "reading Christianity through a Sanatani view". Nor would any common man do afaik. Most commons take the sentences in very literal way. And Rajini sir KNOWS that. And its not one video - there are several such videos. Its is more that clear to me, that Rajini sir is under influence of Missionaries for reasons I will later speculate.

==========
I am not any ones Rakshak. There is a lot of EJ influence in TN but wont bracket Rajini in it yet. . For me, Rajini is a very Dharmic guy, who has sees jesus as one of the realized souls. .His views will gain acceptance even amongst majority of aam Tamizh Hindus, who are very religious but are ignorant about the real communal nature of EJs and islamist. The view here among EJ and islamist is that he is a BJP agent and so much vile propoganda has started already against him by the usual suspects. Oh wait, it all does not matter to all.knowing RM, who knows Rajini and TN more than Rajini or TN people themselves

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:22 pm

Everyone understands whats wrong with caste based reservation but would anyone who is benefiting from reservation be willing to give it up? The answer is a clear No. AT this point it is a pipe dream, as long as ther eis high unemployment where the security of Government Jobs is chased, enough universities are there - thats the only way reservations will go down. As long as the country is poor and per capita is low, reservation will be emotional and rioters can be bought for a few dollars.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:39 pm

v_raman wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:37 am
Well as we say - Karma is a b**** - we need to pay for centuries of injustice - shame on us! The so called upper castes should render unqualified apology over and over. Offer them reparations for all the injustice, intermarry, etc. if that is what it takes!

I am genuinely worried that Hindu consolidation will result in perpetuation of caste system even more instead of removing them!
Don't talk knee jerk nonsense. As I point out in an earlier post, India has done a lot from a governance perspective to atone for past injustices. Caste in India is a reality that cannot be wished away.

And BJP, through uniting Hindus would like to alleviate caste discrimination even if castes itself exist. To me, in a benign form, castes are somewhat like ethnic groups. You can't just amalgamate everyone. Let the differences in lifestyle, eating habits, religious practices etc remain. So what. As long as there is a core Hindu consciousness that forges a common bond on matters of national identity and such, I have no problem just like most thoughtful Hindus.

So the Congoon strategy is very clear. No need to post links and give publicity, but that slimy b!tch Saba Naqvi spells out the game. She admits that BJP's game-plan is to unite Hindus (as if there is something sinister in that) and furthermore, as the bloody slimy liar she is, she admits that attacks against Muslims about which there was hysterical accusations against BJP, were in fact random hate crimes. And she now cannot control her orgasms as she speculates that BJP's mantra to unite Hindus across all castes through Hinduthva can be thwarted by Congoon-led Dalit protests.

Looking at this as purely a contest between BJP and Congoons, I say, this is a pretty good attempt by Pappu's intellectual slaves. He has very low IQ to come up with a strategy like this except that his slaves use him as a white European face to his fawning slaves and programme him to make provocative statements like "fascist RSS/BJP", "Khoon ki Dalali" etc.

I don't know what BJP's counter strategy will be. But as with 'intolerance', even on this one, BJP is getting pummeled in the court of elite public opinion. Maybe this will die a natural death in the immediate future, I don't know, but make no mistake, Congoons have found a weapon. Somewhat like 1-day cricket match where the batsman chasing a target are cruising, but suddenly, the fielding side finds one bowler who slows the run rate, and the fielding captain is strategizing on how best to use him to further throttle the run rate.