The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by hanumadu » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:06 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:04 am
hanumadu wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:39 pm
So basically its your 'sense' that some one cheated, but you have no proof. Piyush Goyal is responsible for driving the shift to LEDs, bringing down the prices and bringing the states on board. But he is not responsible for its implementation in the state. So, he should get the credit.

Wow, you call yourself a BJP supporter and a Hindutvawadi, but refuse to give credit to a BJP govt when they clearly deserve it. Your hate for anything Modi is showing.
I suppose according to you Tony Hayward need not have taken responsibility for deepwater horizon. Well in the real world, the head honcho takes responsibility of everything that happens under his watch, even if he doesn’t actually do the work himself. That’s generally what he’s paid the big bucks for.
Well, he's not the head honcho in this case. Is it that hard to understand?

Rvishwakarm
BGR Newbie

Post by Rvishwakarm » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:10 am

Trilobite wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:17 pm
hanumadu wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:05 pm
Two open and shut cases against the DMK and there is no conviction. But Madhu Koda, a congressi, gets convicted. If there is truth to 'DMK is let go because of some quid pro quo', I am ok with the judgements. Congress is the bigger fish and once congress is taken care of, the others will fall in line or wither away. Modi did visit Karunanidhi when he was in Chennai, didn't he?

Why did BJP fail to see the distress signals in rural Gujarat? Some sops to them would have indeed helped BJP to keep or even increase its tally. That Vijay Rupani guy seems to be a very dull guy. His victory speech after the GJ results would put anybody to sleep. Time for Nitin Patel, may be?

Madhu Koda a conressi ?! Koda was with BJP for much longer period and then an Independent. He was an independent CM of Jharkhand when he committed those scams, probably some when he was a mining minister in BJP govt.
@trilbite, check this out : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhu_Koda
From above:

n September 2006, Madhu and three other independent legislators withdrew support to the Munda government, bringing it into the minority and led to resignation of Munda [14][15] The United Progressive Alliance decided on him as consensus candidate to become Chief Minister and Koda became the next CM of Jharkhand on 14 Sept, 2006.[16]

His government included the representatives of the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha, Rashtriya Janata Dal, Jaua Manjhi group, Nationalist Congress Party, All India Forward Bloc, three independent MLAs (besides himself), and the outside support of the Indian National Congress. On 12 Aug 2008 Shibu Soren again staked claim for the post of CM and wanted Koda to resign.[17] On 17, Aug, 2008 JMM withdrew support from the Koda government,[18] and Koda resigned on 23 Aug 2008 from the post of CM of Jharkhand.[19] Koda became the UPA in charge of Jharkhand state. Shibu Soren again became the CM of Jharkhand on 27 Aug 2008.[20]

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:21 am

hanumadu wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:06 am

Well, he's not the head honcho in this case. Is it that hard to understand?
Maybe you should tell him that since he seems to think otherwise

https://mobile.twitter.com/piyushgoyal/ ... 7689814016

https://mobile.twitter.com/piyushgoyal/ ... 28?lang=en

https://mobile.twitter.com/piyushgoyal/ ... 5716015105

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:45 am

Modi has the same trait that we Hindus have had for centuries - showing mercy to enemies thinking they will also play by the book. If & when a Congressi or a sickular government comes to power, they will finish RSS & BJP, with extreme prejudice. Then Modi ji can keep chanting Sabka saath sabka vikas.

He had 5 years to do his job - bury Congress. He hasn't done it. He didn't even put a dent on the C-system. The public prosecutor was a Congi guy, the AG was a Congi guy, I personally know he has out & out Congi guys, I mean card carrying dynasty stooges in the highest levels of Bureaucracy. He has done jackshit. Now people will come & say oh, but it can't be done in 5 years! Well, you wait & watch if Congress comes in 2019, how they will bury RSS-BJP and any Hindu organisation that can challenge their narrative, in 5 years. They will show how its done. They will show no mercy to us.

Modi knew what he was getting into but he allowed himself to be mellowed down by the gaddi. Vikas vikas vikas, what will vikas do when Congis come back? He should have used these 5 years not for Vikas but for burying C-system for ever, use saam daam dand bhed, work 25 hours and day just to bury Congi lackeys. Go ask the man on the street - what has he got in the last 3.5 years.

We will still vote for BJP & Modi but rest assured it is next to impossible to replicate the scale of 2014 victory.

madhub
BGR Newbie

Post by madhub » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:54 am

after 2G now Adarsh
No prosecution for Ashok Chavan in Adarsh scam
A division bench of Justices Ranjit More and Sadhana Jadhav ruled that though the CBI had claimed to be in possession of fresh evidence against Chavan at the time of seeking the sanction, it "failed to present any fresh evidence."
sad to see

manju
BGR Newbie

Post by manju » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:05 am

AbhishekC wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:29 pm
crams wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:22 pm
Guys, lay off ModiJi. I don't understand what he could have done? All those wishing ill for ModiJi, I mean, do you really want to see a silver-spoon fed neanderthal brain like Pappu at the helm? Give me a break.
crams ji,

I think the TINA argument for protecting modi is well past its sell by date.
Agree! We need to elect Rahul Gandhi :twisted:

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:30 am

Generallyb I have supported the NDA-2 Govt. But in this case it seems some back room deal has been made to make Raja and Kanimozhi get away with it, which is sheer foolishness.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:35 am

There is no alternative to Modi or to BJP. An alternative to Modi will only come in through the BJP unless Pappu becomes a Shiv Bhakth for real! This is until someone like Tapan Ghosh / Hindu samhiti comes along to challenge for Hindutva voters at a national level, something which is decades away.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:15 am

Chandragupta wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:35 am
There is no alternative to Modi or to BJP. An alternative to Modi will only come in through the BJP unless Pappu becomes a Shiv Bhakth for real! This is until someone like Tapan Ghosh / Hindu samhiti comes along to challenge for Hindutva voters at a national level, something which is decades away.
Alternative to Modi will come if INC plus allies are made irrelevant.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:42 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:43 am
sanjayC wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:43 am
Is politics a morality contest? Do we want honest king Harishchandra in politics? Where would Shivaji be if he had refused to be shrewd and cunning with Mughals?
+1008

Absolutely.

There is no need for Modi to be Harishchandra. We all know he has india's interest in his heart and he is working for its best. So it is in his and our interest that he stay in power. And if staying in power requires some tact and being cut-throat, so be it. He needs to go after the criminals we know the scamsters are.

Morality will get us nowhere when dealing on the global stage, where did welcoming the brits get us?
that is where the problem is ..
Modi sir is neither Harishchandra nor Shivaji (not comparable even by far means..). Kindly show me one evidence from last 3.5 yrs where he has been able to damage congress ecosystem.
Judiciary, NGO, NGT, media all of them have knives out...Cong fought Guj election in the dirtiest way and BJP barely survived..
I will be very happy to follow you but kindly explain what makes you think he is acting like Shivaji.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:51 am

Huh what has changed for this kind of doom and gloom. I will give you, most RW supporter are more moral than Harishchandra, more intelligent than newton, Einstein, etc. put together, more educated then all the rest, knows politics more than Modi/Trump/AS/RG/....perhaps all politician put together...the only thing perhaps they lack is they may not win the election of dog cather in their neighborhood.
Gujarat was fantastic for BJP. They won 49.1 % vote, majority in legislature. This on top of a very vile castist campaign, some very unpopular economic decision (but good for country and BJP from LS2019 POV, they get more money and they bankrupt cong/paki/missionary money bags, with good guys also taking some hits), no popular state level leader...The rural vote was always close in GJ, BJP few % points of cong to get more seats. There are 35 seats in this election that was won by less than 2000 votes (half and half being won by each party). Rest of the region BJP did as good as last time except Saurashtra and Saurashtra was always close for BJP. There were draughts in Saurahstra, but never in election year, this time there is back o back draught there and BJP paid the price for it. This time law of averages caught onto it and it lost.
The biggest take home is - is their a rural distress in GJ and rest of India that is flying under the media radar and that Modi has to look into?

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:26 am

Can't you see writing on wall? Alternative to Modi is Yogi. He is everywhere campaigning at the same time carrying Shivdhanushya of UP. How many bjp chief ministers are doing this? To me he is clearly next in line.

If BJP wins in 2019, and Yogi wins 2nd term in 2022 then he will be PM candidate in 2024.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:29 am

hmmm true...in case Modi sir is seen unable to win election for BJP, Yogi could be elevated in 2019.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:33 am

another peaceful meet taken out in Kolkata in support of Palestine (and against Trump decision).

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:33 am

Yogi needs to win 2nd term. He is being carefully groomed.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:06 pm

Yedurappa is drawing big crowds in KA. I think it is going to be close fight with BJP in front unless INC and JDS tie-up.

madhub
BGR Newbie

Post by madhub » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Supratik wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:06 pm
Yedurappa is drawing big crowds in KA. I think it is going to be close fight with BJP in front unless INC and JDS tie-up.
Poor turnout at BJP rally, Amit Shah targets CM over Tipu fete
Though arrangements were made for 1 lakh workers, about 20,000 turned up, leaving the organizers cutting a sorry figure before Shah
This was the situation just in November. I even heard that Amith sha has rented a bungalow in Bangalore close to airport to oversee the BJP. But not sure of it though.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:35 pm

To the “I am hindutva onlee but need better alternative to Modi “ people

Either you are with Modi or with Rahul. Stop obfuscating this.

Maybe when MGB with Rahul is no longer a threat in 2024 you get to indulge in your “I want more hindutva” stuff.

For now, get in line or get out. This incessant whining is going to add to nota and abstains.

Sajith
BGR Newbie

Post by Sajith » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:59 pm

madhub wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Poor turnout at BJP rally, Amit Shah targets CM over Tipu fete
Though arrangements were made for 1 lakh workers, about 20,000 turned up, leaving the organizers cutting a sorry figure before Shah
This was the situation just in November.
Bangalore witnessed a poor turnout but coastal and north Karnataka is drawing huge crowds.Bangalore crowd requires one speech by Modi and an Income Tax cut in next budget.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Gus wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:35 pm
For now, get in line or get out.
Else, what?
This incessant whining is going to add to nota and abstains.
Baloney. I doubt there's a single RaGa voter here on BGF. Dipankar hasn't shown up here yet, IIRC.

In any case, if someone is decidedly not with Modi, don't see how your chiding will help them care.

SRoy
BGR Newbie

Post by SRoy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:05 pm

abusive post deleted.
Last edited by Rahul M on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: user warned & banned for a month.

SRoy
BGR Newbie

Post by SRoy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:15 pm

The 2G scam verdict has happened because the tea seller has let the bureaucrats go easy. Why? Wanted an understanding with DMK.

Saala qutiya, he did the same with Sarada scam in WB by letting CBI go easy. In the process the local BJP lost the momentum, cadre got killed. The local BJP became a laughing stock. Did TMC reciprocate? No they kicked in the tea sellers nuts at every opportunity.

Same will happen with DMK. They will join hands with pappu led UPA.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Gus wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:35 pm
To the “I am hindutva onlee but need better alternative to Modi “ people

Either you are with Modi or with Rahul. Stop obfuscating this.

Maybe when MGB with Rahul is no longer a threat in 2024 you get to indulge in your “I want more hindutva” stuff.

For now, get in line or get out. This incessant whining is going to add to nota and abstains.
What you fail to account for is that, like it or not you and every other Modi-appologist here, needs the “whiners” to vote bjp for Modi to win. Throwing ultimatums at us won’t change the fact that people on the ground, us and those who we’ve interacted with us, might feel different. So I’d be cautious before firing away those insults.

At the end of the day, fact matters not, perception is all that counts. If everyone only worked based on facts India would never have been a third world country.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Supratik wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:06 pm
The only people going are his caste. He’s a joke and no one else will vote for him if he’s made CM.

BJP isn’t going to do well in KA. The best we can hope for is JDS wins.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 pm

SRoy wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:15 pm
The 2G scam verdict has happened because the tea seller has let the bureaucrats go easy. Why? Wanted an understanding with DMK.

Saala qutiya, he did the same with Sarada scam in WB by letting CBI go easy. In the process the local BJP lost the momentum, cadre got killed. The local BJP became a laughing stock. Did TMC reciprocate? No they kicked in the tea sellers nuts at every opportunity.

Same will happen with DMK. They will join hands with pappu led UPA.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Instead of taking a hammer to the c-system he’s allowed it to grow even more.