The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
dnivas
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by dnivas » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:02 pm

At this rate I do not hold much hope for the RJB verdict to be in the favor of Hindus. :-(

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:10 pm

dnivas wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:50 pm
Just completely pathetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... LytBjEJ6YQ
Although I didn't watch the video, here are the main points in the description of the video:
Key Points From the Press Conference by Dr Subramanian Swamy :

1. Today's Judgment is a very bad judgement, this must be appealed in higher court

2. 2G Verdict Scam has been derailed, but it can be put back on track again provided we have honest law officers and lawyers who don't do 'chamchagiri' of ministers

3.)This is not a setback at all, its an aberration as the law officers were not serious on fighting against corruption. So I hope the PM takes lesson from this.We must now fight corruption on war footing

4.)Former AG Mukul Rohatgi has welcomed this verdict, Dr Swamy had written to PM opposing his appointment as AG. Rohatgi had appeared for some of accused companies in 2G still he has been made AG by Govt.

5. ) Judge says earlier there was a lot of enthusiasm, but later it became worse and worse. Judge also said counsels were lackadaisical. This is a big condemnation of the Govt's controlling of the case
So the law officer who screwed the case was appointed by Modi (point 4 above). And the initial motivation of the officers was f'ed up over a period of time (point 5), probably by Rohatgi himself.

The entire responsibility for this failure lies on the head of the man who had promised 'na khaoonga, na khane doonga'.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Guys, lay off ModiJi. I don't understand what he could have done? All those wishing ill for ModiJi, I mean, do you really want to see a silver-spoon fed neanderthal brain like Pappu at the helm? Give me a break. I myself have been critical of ModiJi on some issues, notably his bear hugs to Gaanja and his other flip flops on TSP. But do any of you have an iota of a doubt that he is an honest nationalist taking on the Congoon juggernaut and its ecosystem. My gut feeling is that at the appropriate time, he do a shock and awe on Congoons. Wait and wtach.

On what bearing this disgusting verdict will have on future BJP prospects, I say not much. Just as libtards and Muslims still consider ModiJi guilty in 2002 despite his exoneration, I doubt anybody in India will forget 2G. And in any case, there will be an appeal at the higher courts.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:24 pm

BJP getting hammered from all sides...

BJP conspired to acquit accused in 2G spectrum case: AAP http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... OqbvM.html

Glee on patrakar samuday is unmissable!

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:28 pm

So is this the govt's final stand or it will consider abolishing Art 370 35 some other time?
Last edited by Karthik on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:29 pm

crams wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:22 pm
Guys, lay off ModiJi. I don't understand what he could have done? All those wishing ill for ModiJi, I mean, do you really want to see a silver-spoon fed neanderthal brain like Pappu at the helm? Give me a break.
crams ji,

I think the TINA argument for protecting modi is well past its sell by date.

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Primus wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:02 pm
At this rate I do not hold much hope for the RJB verdict to be in the favor of Hindus. :-(
Relax, RJB case is not with CBI's special court like this case was. Although I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing!
Last edited by Trilobite on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dnivas
BGR Newbie

Post by dnivas » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:38 pm

crams wrote:
Guys, lay off ModiJi. I don't understand what he could have done? All those wishing ill for ModiJi, I mean, do you really want to see a silver-spoon fed neanderthal brain like Pappu at the helm? Give me a break. I myself have been critical of ModiJi on some issues, notably his bear hugs to Gaanja and his other flip flops on TSP. But do any of you have an iota of a doubt that he is an honest nationalist taking on the Congoon juggernaut and its ecosystem. My gut feeling is that at the appropriate time, he do a shock and awe on Congoons. Wait and wtach.

On what bearing this disgusting verdict will have on future BJP prospects, I say not much. Just as libtards and Muslims still consider ModiJi guilty in 2002 despite his exoneration, I doubt anybody in India will forget 2G. And in any case, there will be an appeal at the higher courts.
I completely agree with you. all i want is for him to appoint some honest guys and make sure to have a taget list of some corrupt mofos and ensure that they end up in jail. he does not have to be in every meeting, just get a status once a month. I have never criticized our PM but it's been 3 years and just letting natural justice take its course if just not right.

I hope he listens to swamy, appoints his like a anti corruption czar and get things done. The country wants to see these thugs in jail

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:44 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:29 pm
Good. So who is the "alternative" we have in mind? My take would be Jignesh Mevani, Hard-dick Patel and Rahul Ghandi for the post of Prime Minister. PFI leaders(?), Owaisi etc. have good potential to become the Home Minister as well. And Defence would be secure in the hands of either Com. Yechuri or Com. Karat (though Com. S. Ramachandran Pillai would be the best bet).

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:53 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
crams wrote:
Guys, lay off ModiJi. I don't understand what he could have done? All those wishing ill for ModiJi, I mean, do you really want to see a silver-spoon fed neanderthal brain like Pappu at the helm? Give me a break.
crams ji,

+1

As far as Karnataka is concerned, BJP will not be the choice. NOTA doesn’t look too bad now. We are now at the tail end of his term and other than Vikas, there isn’t any progress on tackling corruption. The ₹2000 note is a joke. I can understand if it was a transition but now it appears like it is here to stay. All large transactions now happen with this note.

Corruption at ministerial level might not be there but it still is part of daily life. From license to building houses, reporting it to the concerned minister has had no effect.

Heck, If one goes to Mysore you will see exactly half the streetlights have been replaced with LED bulbs, the others have remained the same. Someone has obviously cheated the exchequer.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:56 pm

dear Sachin ji and crams
voters out there do not read Bharat Ganrajya or may not be as well informed as you yet their vote counts as much as yours!
They may get swayed by cong blitzkrieg in 2019 that 'see we got acquitted when Modi was PM'
Even if some of them decide not to vote or NOTA it can make a difference as in Guj.
Perception matters. Modi will be questioned on what happened to na khaunga na khane doonga unless there is big crook jailed in next 1 yr or atleast Malya brought back.
Last heard he was showing articles and pics in court look at Indian jails they are subhuman and court admitted the evidence!

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:59 pm

dnivas wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:38 pm
I hope he listens to swamy, appoints his like a anti corruption czar and get things done. The country wants to see these thugs in jail
When you say "anti corruption czar" are you referring to the vacant Lokpal post or a separate independent entity ?

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:10 pm

Conviction rate of top politicians are so low in this country, anything otherwise is wishful thinking. Vishwanath Pratap Singh became prime minister because of bofors. Nothing happened. So at least I am not surprised.

kittoo
BGR Newbie

Post by kittoo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Slightly OT but wanted you guys to check out 'Agniveer', a sanstha on ground working towards converting back converted dalits and in general strengthening the Hindu society. Without boots on ground such as these guys, we would loose the civilizational war. Check out their FB page for their work and donate if you can. I regularly donate to them. After all, if we cant be on ground, we can support this way.

https://www.facebook.com/agniveeragni/

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:24 pm

So judges and Ministers / IPS / IAS / lawyers in charge of investigation and prosecution got a % of 2G bribes. Yawn yawn ... anything new?
Anyone knows how much bribes each of the above got? Well forget it --- yawn yawn yawn ...
We saw a lot of such drama and sell out in UPA days. I expected some entertainment ---- conviction at lower court level , and then they may sell out and acquittal at high court level. But NDA is also as boring as UPA. yawn yawn yawn
Btw, did prosecution sing vande mataram before or after judgment was announced? or Jana gana mana? Jana gana mana singing is now compulsory when movie starts. Is it not compulsory to sign JGM when court sessions starts? or ends? no ? shame ... shame ... shame.
Next time, prosecution better demand VM-singing or at least JGM-singing.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Sachin wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:44 pm
AbhishekC wrote:
Good. So who is the "alternative" we have in mind? My take would be Jignesh Mevani, Hard-dick Patel and Rahul Ghandi for the post of Prime Minister. PFI leaders(?), Owaisi etc. have good potential to become the Home Minister as well. And Defence would be secure in the hands of either Com. Yechuri or Com. Karat (though Com. S. Ramachandran Pillai would be the best bet).
Why don't you stand for elections? I mean it seriously.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:41 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:53 pm
AbhishekC wrote:
crams wrote:
crams ji,

+1

As far as Karnataka is concerned, BJP will not be the choice. NOTA doesn’t look too bad now. We are now at the tail end of his term and other than Vikas, there isn’t any progress on tackling corruption. The ₹2000 note is a joke. I can understand if it was a transition but now it appears like it is here to stay. All large transactions now happen with this note.

Corruption at ministerial level might not be there but it still is part of daily life. From license to building houses, reporting it to the concerned minister has had no effect.

Heck, If one goes to Mysore you will see exactly half the streetlights have been replaced with LED bulbs, the others have remained the same. Someone has obviously cheated the exchequer.
Don't you think its the KA govts responsibility to replace all the street lights. As long as the dept providing the bulbs (EESL?) gets the money for the number of bulbs provided, the central govt is in the clear. Unless you know that Piyush Goyal or some one in his dept committed some irregularities, blaming BJP in this matter is your imagination. Do you even know that all the lights were to be replaced or it was planned to replace only half for now.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:45 pm

kittoo wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:20 pm
Slightly OT but wanted you guys to check out 'Agniveer', a sanstha on ground working towards converting back converted dalits and in general strengthening the Hindu society. Without boots on ground such as these guys, we would loose the civilizational war. Check out their FB page for their work and donate if you can. I regularly donate to them. After all, if we cant be on ground, we can support this way.

https://www.facebook.com/agniveeragni/
They are nothing. BJP Is nothing, RSS is nothing. Our rants on this forum will achieve Hindu unity, counter minority appeasement and will bring a superior Hindu govt for all time to come.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:51 pm

There seems to be some silver lining in the judgement. The judgement blames PMO and said that if the PMO objected, the spectrum would not have been allocated by DoT. Arnab is reading the relevant portions on the Republic.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:53 pm

Ignore the black money "patriots" on this forum. Chargesheet in 2G case was filed before May 2014. Coal scam has seen conviction. What the govt can be blamed for is laxity. Congress if given this opportunity will be all over the agencies to get a conviction. Rajnath and Jaitley should also take part of the blame as CBI and ED are under them.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:05 pm

Two open and shut cases against the DMK and there is no conviction. But Madhu Koda, a congressi, gets convicted. If there is truth to 'DMK is let go because of some quid pro quo', I am ok with the judgements. Congress is the bigger fish and once congress is taken care of, the others will fall in line or wither away. Modi did visit Karunanidhi when he was in Chennai, didn't he?

Why did BJP fail to see the distress signals in rural Gujarat? Some sops to them would have indeed helped BJP to keep or even increase its tally. That Vijay Rupani guy seems to be a very dull guy. His victory speech after the GJ results would put anybody to sleep. Time for Nitin Patel, may be?

gauravsh
BGR Newbie

Post by gauravsh » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:05 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:50 pm
So much cognitive dissonance!

Is it really so difficult for you guys to admit that Modi is just another politician, who decides who is corrupt and who is honest based on political convenience?
+101
Every time someone critiques Modi ji, people simply resort to what's the alternative. As head of government it's his responsibility to make sure that right people are are right places. Be it Jetli, mukul rohatgi or anyone else.

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Campaigning for Karnataka election has started!

Yogi Adityanath: Instead of Hanuman, Congress worships Tipu Sultan