Social Media Thread

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.
Vriksh
BGR Newbie
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm
Location: Ulan Bator

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by Vriksh » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:21 pm

BJP has shown absolute cowardice in standing up for any of it's supporters in real world, forget about online SM. The lack of heft perceived by orgs is clearly seen in the way Dorsey treated his Desi trip, poster and all, NYT and BBCs open contempt and interference etc. Now the chickens are coming home to roost. By not taking the media fake news head on, and due to Jetli/Modis anti middle class policies, don't expect urban support for BJP either. There is just a solid undercurrent of disenchantenment with Modis speechifying and Gyan, asking middle class to give up this, that, while other groups make out like bandits with freebies, reservation etc. Mann ki .. is a complete joke. Softball questions, with Modi basically replying to them with long winded monologues. NOTA is now a serious headache for BJP and they don't seem to get it.

JohnTitor
BGR Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by JohnTitor » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:58 am

Vriksh wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:21 pm
BJP has shown absolute cowardice in standing up for any of it's supporters in real world, forget about online SM. The lack of heft perceived by orgs is clearly seen in the way Dorsey treated his Desi trip, poster and all, NYT and BBCs open contempt and interference etc. Now the chickens are coming home to roost. By not taking the media fake news head on, and due to Jetli/Modis anti middle class policies, don't expect urban support for BJP either. There is just a solid undercurrent of disenchantenment with Modis speechifying and Gyan, asking middle class to give up this, that, while other groups make out like bandits with freebies, reservation etc. Mann ki .. is a complete joke. Softball questions, with Modi basically replying to them with long winded monologues. NOTA is now a serious headache for BJP and they don't seem to get it.
Well ask any BJP warrior here and they'll say TINA.. vote Congress .. enjoy

The arrogance will be their downfall, just like vajpayee

They think they can emotionally blackmail people to vote BJP... Lest the boogeyman Congress comes. Little do they realise, it made no tangible difference to the man on the street.

I love how the salaried class collectively showed them the middle finger.. while those who are enjoying all of modi's benefits (poor) walked away with INC's spending money, meanwhile all the minorities that BJP is pathetically trying to woo have asked "why should we vote BJP?"

Serves them right.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:20 am

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by hanumadu » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:13 am

If people refused to be convinced of having a BJP govt what can anybody do than leave them to their means. Why compare with lower classes for what BJP has done for middle class? Is it better off under congress or BJP? Is the middle classes future more secure under congress or BJP? Is this not enough reason to vote for BJP?

BJP will happily sit in opposition. Can middle class rest as easily under the congress rule?

JohnTitor
BGR Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by JohnTitor » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:26 am

I hate to break it to you, but this is a class that lived with Congress for 70 years, voted for kujliwala twice and is content at living a beggars life. They cannot see beyond their nose and do not care for anything other than themselves.

There is a saying in Kannada, the fish monger is so used to the smell, that she cannot sleep without it (alternatively, the fish monger cannot appreciate the smell of flowers because she's so used to the stench of rotting fish)

I want development, but unfortunately it requires their vote. So if we have to bribe them for the greater good, then so be it.

Vriksh
BGR Newbie
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm
Location: Ulan Bator

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by Vriksh » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:46 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:13 am
If people refused to be convinced of having a BJP govt what can anybody do than leave them to their means. Why compare with lower classes for what BJP has done for middle class? Is it better off under congress or BJP? Is the middle classes future more secure under congress or BJP? Is this not enough reason to vote for BJP?

BJP will happily sit in opposition. Can middle class rest as easily under the congress rule?
Middle class felt it had got more sops and felt more in-tune with the great MMS. Its sadly the truth. If not for the umpteen scams, the INC may have continued its domination.
Second, of course a comparison with the lower classes is valid. The tax burden on the middle class continues to be high. They get NO services for that tax paid which is in reality an improvement from 4 years back. Forget all the BJP IT cell agit-prop on social media.

The average househowner continues to struggle under EMIs, high cost of basic goods, the economy has not turned around at all (one of Modi's biggest failures, he acted holier than thou to avoid corruption charges and kept India Inc. at an arms length & then Demon threw another spanner in the works). There is a limit to one sided focus. For instance, somebody who claims they are poor can now get far more medical insurance coverage than an elderly middle class pensioner. The sops paid for the elderly, in terms of a higher FD rate is a joke as it barely provides enough with a 5 year lock-in, meanwhile this group, that group end up taking loans en masse out of the tax-payers pocket with no intention of paying back. The equity market was considered one way for the middle class to aspire to a greater future. Then Modi and Jaitley first tried to tax EPFO and force people into NPS (which is a horrible scheme with no liquidity), when riots occurred, that was dropped, yet LTCG was introduced, and yet the STT remains. In short, the middle class has been treated with absolute contempt by Modi & co. And make no mistake, this is Modis thinking. His interviews on TV show a streak of "the rich deserve this" sort of socialistic mindset. He kept thinking that robbing peter (corporate, retail tax) to pay off paul (low income groups) was a winning strategy. It has failed as the latter switched moment they were promised more freebies. The traditional voter base, middle class, urban aspirational groups, traders, etc all have their own axe to grind. And I suspect corporate India is now secretly hedging their bets as they had far more access in INC raj than Modi raj. Forget corruption, the wheels moved. Now, when you don't get to talk to any GOI dude, and yet things like IL&FS happen, you know things are not hunky dory in Modi raj as well. Next, either out of power play or cussedness, he kept the selfseeking yet knowledgeable guys like Sinha and Shourie at arms distance. As mendacious as those guys were, they had enough institutional memory to run the economy and make the kind of rookie mistakes Jaitley has been making. The services aren't too happy with Modi either. OROP was botched, and implemented in a way they were not properly satisfied, procurement was at a virtual freeze till Pathankot occurred (I kid you not, they literally ordered nothing) while the Def Min post was a round-robin game... the mistakes have been legion. Yet we are told Modi works around the clock, does ganga arti etc. Yes, agreed - I admire that and feel thankful a Hinduphobe PM is not in power (unlike MMS) yet, the situation on the ground is still a mess.

Sorry, but just running a relatively honest Govt is not enough for the kind of promises and braggadacio Modi engaged in. Now its coming back to bite him, as are his policies. As a BJP and Modi supporter, I am tired of trotting out excuses for his inaction on the big name corrupt dudes (till it became a media and social media joke), his cowardice when it came to the opposition (attending Diggy Raja's kids marriage f.e.), media (holding Smriti Irani back from cracking down on fake news), the murders of BJP/RSS guys (when they get murdered like flies and Shah and Modi only give hot-air speeches, how are the rest of us supposed to feel secure), his flip-flops on talking to TSP (every other day some about turn), RSS and BJP gasbags appearing on the very same channels that curse Hindus and then bragging about how moral they are (Karan Thapar openly alludes to Ram Madhav stating this)... its been an exhausting ride for those who support him to accept the fact that many of these issues stem from his hubris and fixation on some vote banks to the exclusion of the rest. And that at the state level BJP has been no angel and is as dysfunctional as we refuse to admit. At the same time, if Modi goes, forget about living as a Hindu non-dhimmi in India. That too is true. We need him back but I hope he has learnt from his mistakes. Modi is not at all perfect, but if the INC-Left come back to power, game over.

Vriksh
BGR Newbie
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm
Location: Ulan Bator

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by Vriksh » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:04 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:26 am
I hate to break it to you, but this is a class that lived with Congress for 70 years, voted for kujliwala twice and is content at living a beggars life. They cannot see beyond their nose and do not care for anything other than themselves.

There is a saying in Kannada, the fish monger is so used to the smell, that she cannot sleep without it (alternatively, the fish monger cannot appreciate the smell of flowers because she's so used to the stench of rotting fish)

I want development, but unfortunately it requires their vote. So if we have to bribe them for the greater good, then so be it.
The middle class has literally clawed its own way to some form of success in a country which prizes smartness (tax-evasion) over paying their due, is surrounded by huge groups of caste obsessed folk who want everything the middle class (that TV, that AC, that 2 BHK flat) but want the Govt to pay for it (which it does).. unfortunately, they are frustrated because they live in a giant ponzi scheme and can do nothing about it.
At the same time, they are not blameless either. Obsessed with p-sec, be uber cool and ape the west mindset. They are victims of their own stupidity as much as victims of the system.

Vriksh
BGR Newbie
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm
Location: Ulan Bator

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by Vriksh » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:10 pm

Finally, this is where I think Modi has failed big time. He came to power because he evoked power. Not "Mr Nice Guy".
MMS was Mr Nice Guy. Clean, so polite, such a nice fellow (forget the fact he wasn't, this was his image), but he was weak, ineffectual and a victim of his circumstances. Unable to do anything much.
Modi is headed down the same road. Unable and unwilling to take any action against all those who attacked hindus/BJP/etc. Unable to make any significant changes on the ground, opposition be darned (like the RJB temple). Take the hizzoners head-on. As versus long winded speeches in mann-ki-baat.
Indira Gandhi remains deified in the Indian cosmos, because of her imperiousness, her power and her ability to use it. Modi has sadly demonstrated none of that. And if it remains like this, the electorate will elect some guy who shows far more ruthlessness and real politik.
People keep saying pappu is a fool. Public on the ground sees the underdog name-calling the top dawg with impunity and its evoking grudging respect. Its not about facts but about how folks perceive it.

krisna
BGR Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by krisna » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:20 pm

Vriksh wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:46 pm
hanumadu wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:13 am
If people refused to be convinced of having a BJP govt what can anybody do than leave them to their means. Why compare with lower classes for what BJP has done for middle class? Is it better off under congress or BJP? Is the middle classes future more secure under congress or BJP? Is this not enough reason to vote for BJP?

BJP will happily sit in opposition. Can middle class rest as easily under the congress rule?
Middle class felt it had got more sops and felt more in-tune with the great MMS. Its sadly the truth. If not for the umpteen scams, the INC may have continued its domination.
Second, of course a comparison with the lower classes is valid. The tax burden on the middle class continues to be high. They get NO services for that tax paid which is in reality an improvement from 4 years back. Forget all the BJP IT cell agit-prop on social media.

The average househowner continues to struggle under EMIs, high cost of basic goods, the economy has not turned around at all (one of Modi's biggest failures, he acted holier than thou to avoid corruption charges and kept India Inc. at an arms length & then Demon threw another spanner in the works). There is a limit to one sided focus. For instance, somebody who claims they are poor can now get far more medical insurance coverage than an elderly middle class pensioner. The sops paid for the elderly, in terms of a higher FD rate is a joke as it barely provides enough with a 5 year lock-in, meanwhile this group, that group end up taking loans en masse out of the tax-payers pocket with no intention of paying back. The equity market was considered one way for the middle class to aspire to a greater future. Then Modi and Jaitley first tried to tax EPFO and force people into NPS (which is a horrible scheme with no liquidity), when riots occurred, that was dropped, yet LTCG was introduced, and yet the STT remains. In short, the middle class has been treated with absolute contempt by Modi & co. And make no mistake, this is Modis thinking. His interviews on TV show a streak of "the rich deserve this" sort of socialistic mindset. He kept thinking that robbing peter (corporate, retail tax) to pay off paul (low income groups) was a winning strategy. It has failed as the latter switched moment they were promised more freebies. The traditional voter base, middle class, urban aspirational groups, traders, etc all have their own axe to grind. And I suspect corporate India is now secretly hedging their bets as they had far more access in INC raj than Modi raj. Forget corruption, the wheels moved. Now, when you don't get to talk to any GOI dude, and yet things like IL&FS happen, you know things are not hunky dory in Modi raj as well. Next, either out of power play or cussedness, he kept the selfseeking yet knowledgeable guys like Sinha and Shourie at arms distance. As mendacious as those guys were, they had enough institutional memory to run the economy and make the kind of rookie mistakes Jaitley has been making. The services aren't too happy with Modi either. OROP was botched, and implemented in a way they were not properly satisfied, procurement was at a virtual freeze till Pathankot occurred (I kid you not, they literally ordered nothing) while the Def Min post was a round-robin game... the mistakes have been legion. Yet we are told Modi works around the clock, does ganga arti etc. Yes, agreed - I admire that and feel thankful a Hinduphobe PM is not in power (unlike MMS) yet, the situation on the ground is still a mess.

Sorry, but just running a relatively honest Govt is not enough for the kind of promises and braggadacio Modi engaged in. Now its coming back to bite him, as are his policies. As a BJP and Modi supporter, I am tired of trotting out excuses for his inaction on the big name corrupt dudes (till it became a media and social media joke), his cowardice when it came to the opposition (attending Diggy Raja's kids marriage f.e.), media (holding Smriti Irani back from cracking down on fake news), the murders of BJP/RSS guys (when they get murdered like flies and Shah and Modi only give hot-air speeches, how are the rest of us supposed to feel secure), his flip-flops on talking to TSP (every other day some about turn), RSS and BJP gasbags appearing on the very same channels that curse Hindus and then bragging about how moral they are (Karan Thapar openly alludes to Ram Madhav stating this)... its been an exhausting ride for those who support him to accept the fact that many of these issues stem from his hubris and fixation on some vote banks to the exclusion of the rest. And that at the state level BJP has been no angel and is as dysfunctional as we refuse to admit. At the same time, if Modi goes, forget about living as a Hindu non-dhimmi in India. That too is true. We need him back but I hope he has learnt from his mistakes. Modi is not at all perfect, but if the INC-Left come back to power, game over.
Lot of it is wrong info if analysed properly. pity many educated middle class fall prey to it.
yes lot more middle classes ahve been dragged to pay taxes .
1) from around 2.5 million pre 2014 to over 6 million pay taxes now. For someone to boast 400 million are middle class. This pathetically low. or majority or just below the 3 L income limit. Anyway the remianing are too small earning > 3L. IOW something is wrong with middle class thinking.

2) More services with ease of burden in doing simple things relatively.be it going to office, certificates , prices of goods food items and many other have standardised to greate xtent. no abrupt chnages . steady low inflation- overall more money going into pockets of middle class.(bigger than tax breaks). help is in houisng sector also- some streamlining has occurred . some reduction in black money.less EMIs relatively.
3) reducing taxes to single one which is cheaper than plenty of taxes. Most benefitted are middle class with spending power. Rich clss dont care as they have enough anyway. But the good news is rich class evn though low in numbers pay max tax compared to middle class in qunatity of money paid.

4) Lot of projetcs have been built with less number of cost overruns. Huge impact with 1000000s crores of moeny saved. hence middle class taxes put to great use. Also reducing tax burden.

5) drop in violence overall saves a lot of money going to maintaing law and order. less maosims, better governanace - all lead to greater propserity to middle class. Yes people create violence and media highlights it to create a bloated relaity instaed of the truth.

6) Top level coirruption is virtually ZERO. 10000s of crores of tax payers money saved.
7) many simple intiatives like JAM neem urea coatinghave saved again 1000000s crores

8) social services like defecation girl eductaion agriculture textiule prioimenece which lead to inmcrease health and rural prosperity will reduce middle class tax paying burden in the long run.

there are many more to say.



All the above will help slowlsy now and tomorrow. When some work is done initally all will feel and pay for hard work.


I f on ehas to pass the exam, one has to study all the subjects vigoroulsy spend day and night beofre the exam. The resuklts of pasisng the exam are sweeter and happiness is something to cherish.


Anyway if middle class wants immediate sops akin to like cheating in exams, then we are to blame ourselves and not NaMo. he has done his duty.
we are sore losers. we deserve to be useless people. No point in debating.
JMTs

Vriksh
BGR Newbie
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm
Location: Ulan Bator

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by Vriksh » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:09 pm

krisna, do you live in india?

If not, I can only laugh at your statements.
Lot of it is wrong info if analysed properly. pity many educated middle class fall prey to it.
yes lot more middle classes ahve been dragged to pay taxes .
1) from around 2.5 million pre 2014 to over 6 million pay taxes now. For someone to boast 400 million are middle class. This pathetically low. or majority or just below the 3 L income limit. Anyway the remianing are too small earning > 3L. IOW something is wrong with middle class thinking.
while te vast majority of big-name tax guys continue to make merry without any worry. clearly, you have no idea of the scale of tax evasion in India and who is footing the bill.
" 2) More services with ease of burden in doing simple things relatively.be it going to office, certificates , prices of goods food items and many other have standardised to greate xtent. no abrupt chnages . steady low inflation- overall more money going into pockets of middle class.(bigger than tax breaks). help is in houisng sector also- some streamlining has occurred . some reduction in black money.less EMIs relatively."
what absolute rubbish you guys write when looking at some random PR put out by BJP guys. have you even talked to any local dude about whether he is overjoyed about how his life is now post-BJP as versus UPA. Most times, the answer, is eh??? followed by a peal of laughter. people are tired of seeing fancy brochures about the largest statue and a bullet train or this thing or that thing with Modi striding..when traffic still sucks, job growth is stagnating, taxes are high and urban hygiene remains a disaster (oh we have swacch bharat cess).

Literally nothing has changed on the ground, because most of the stuff has been run by the states and Modi's central govt policies have done NOTHING with a very significant short term impact to turn India Inc onto any sustainable growth model or convinced FDI to suddenly ramp up jobs to the middle class. All that's happening is the stock market volatility & even that was roiled by the LTCG tax. While he has been busy asking people to give up their LPG subsidy, people are forwarding MLA/MPs privileges and what all they get.

Infra continues to be pathetic in most Indian metros. All of Gadkaris roads and waterways don't matter unfortunately there.
Modi's focus on the long term has run up fair and square against his own hype. "56 inch" "achhe din" etc. Gadkari admits it.

Fact of the matter is that GOI has been steadily reducing the Indexation CII - it helps them. Whereas real inflation on the ground, school fees, transport fees, regular items for purchase, eating out - all has shown a marked increase. Again, good for the Govt bad for the citizen. GOI bonds on real estate have been sharply cut. 7 years from 5, percentage rates slashed.

Modi has been doing a lot of stuff which is good for his GOI to balance its books and show great numbers. And people like you then forward it all around while more and more folks are seeing the other side of how those numbers are being achieved.

However, what he's forgotten is that all of it is political economy.. any fool UPA guy could have done the same. They didn't because they took the people along across diverse groups. Apart from their minority appeasement that is. Modi doesn't get that. And sadly, it seems like it is hubris because he is busy mollycoddling other votebanks. So if urban voters dont matter, guess what - NOTA matters.
4) Lot of projetcs have been built with less number of cost overruns. Huge impact with 1000000s crores of moeny saved. hence middle class taxes put to great use. Also reducing tax burden.

5) drop in violence overall saves a lot of money going to maintaing law and order. less maosims, better governanace - all lead to greater propserity to middle class. Yes people create violence and media highlights it to create a bloated relaity instaed of the truth.

6) Top level coirruption is virtually ZERO. 10000s of crores of tax payers money saved.
7) many simple intiatives like JAM neem urea coatinghave saved again 1000000s crores

8) social services like defecation girl eductaion agriculture textiule prioimenece which lead to inmcrease health and rural prosperity will reduce middle class tax paying burden in the long r
Spare me all the BJP pampleteering please. This is childish stuff which we all know, and can even be countered easily. Take your point 4 - what of the cost of the IL&FS bailout? Who let Nirav Modi and Choksi waltz out of India and how much has really been recovered?

I am talking of tangible differences on the ground today which people can themselves observe and see.

They can't and the result is BJP is losing votes. Not everyone can visit Varanasi and say, oh the ghats are now clean.
All the above will help slowlsy now and tomorrow. When some work is done initally all will feel and pay for hard work.

I f on ehas to pass the exam, one has to study all the subjects vigoroulsy spend day and night beofre the exam. The resuklts of pasisng the exam are sweeter and happiness is something to cherish.

Anyway if middle class wants immediate sops akin to like cheating in exams, then we are to blame ourselves and not NaMo. he has done his duty.
we are sore losers. we deserve to be useless people. No point in debating.
JMTs
Right... middle class are idiots for wanting immediate sops, while being honest taxpayers while the non taxpayers who feed off of the trough of the state because they are x caste or y minority are geniuses.

If NaMo has "advisors" like you, then good luck to BJP because it will lose the elections and more importantly goodwill.

Your post smacks of the same blind arrogance that has cost the BJP the seat of power in 2004 and now, apparently it is headed into 2019 with the same kind of stupid cussedness which is ok with giving sops to privileged groups.. oh wait, because they are x caste or y group.. while anyone else who asks for reduction in any cess is a cheater.

Bye bye 2019, if there are more guys like you in BJP.

krisna
BGR Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by krisna » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:13 am

vriksh, you can avoid using personal terms. It is abusive. everyone can share their views and politely disgaree. I dont have any probelm if you disagree, I learn more from these disagreements if mentioned in nice way. Hope you improve. Thanks.
while te vast majority of big-name tax guys continue to make merry without any worry. clearly, you have no idea of the scale of tax evasion in India and who is footing the bill.
Everyone knows about tax evasion. what is new here. Someone Pm or Govt has to start to collect taxes despite being unpopular. One cannot keepo quiet on this. NaMo has tried. There is success in over 6 million paying taxes from over 2.5 million pre 2014. Nothing to laugh at this.
what absolute rubbish you guys write when looking at some random PR put out by BJP guys. have you even talked to any local dude about whether he is overjoyed about how his life is now post-BJP as versus UPA. Most times, the answer, is eh??? followed by a peal of laughter. people are tired of seeing fancy brochures about the largest statue and a bullet train or this thing or that thing with Modi striding..when traffic still sucks, job growth is stagnating, taxes are high and urban hygiene remains a disaster (oh we have swacch bharat cess).

Literally nothing has changed on the ground, because most of the stuff has been run by the states and Modi's central govt policies have done NOTHING with a very significant short term impact to turn India Inc onto any sustainable growth model or convinced FDI to suddenly ramp up jobs to the middle class. All that's happening is the stock market volatility & even that was roiled by the LTCG tax. While he has been busy asking people to give up their LPG subsidy, people are forwarding MLA/MPs privileges and what all they get.
I dont see any thing wrong in what you have written. Only objection is you have not the patience to see thru what you have written and how it is interpreted.
I am not anyone from BJP nor do I care about being politican or PR guy. please stop your rants.I have talked to many folks even unemployed folks. I am in constant touch with lot of guys including MSME types. All are of opinion that NaMo is doing things but local level things are not moving.
Either some come under state govts or low level corruption etc. India being a large country NaMo cannot go individually and handle all problems at micro level. yes there are problems. No one is denying it or hiding it.
Lot of initiatives have been taken-- some of them take years to develop. One cannot expect miracles to happen overnight within 2-4 years. Pain is present initially before things improve. NaMo has taken the risk to improve his country. what have posters like you done to convince people is the question.
About LTCG tax-- majority of holdings are in non-Indians hands upto 60% upwards. Yes Indians are increasing their investments in stock markets. This was removed by ABV govt and reinstated by NaMo.
Anything wrong with LPG subsidy giving up.This was voluntary. people who thought about the country did it. In fact who and other bodies have taklen this sales pithc in other countries. many of my friends have given up and are happy. They knowingly did it.


swaach Bharat is the largest ever social initiative which is successful in India and the world by large measure. World bodies have taken note of this.
Yes again there are plenty of probelms with it. India is the 7th largest country with worlds largest poor population. It will take years to clean up India. This is a legacy problem. Just early part of this year , India does not have the largest number of poor in the world.. huge accomplishment but still miles to go....NaMo cannot brush with a broom Indias filth. It is your and my responsibility. We have to share the burden with him.

Many school children are now aware so do adults. It is moving slowly but surefootedly. This will ensure next generation will take it more serioulsy.Are you willing to participate and convince your fellow Indian is the question.
Infra continues to be pathetic in most Indian metros. All of Gadkaris roads and waterways don't matter unfortunately there.
Modi's focus on the long term has run up fair and square against his own hype. "56 inch" "achhe din" etc. Gadkari admits it.
same as above- Central govt can do NH and other major works but local govts have to do their work. traffic jams are local govt responsibilities. Blaming NaMo is because he is willing to break his back and be ridiculed by likes of you . He may lose elections but he is doing for his country.
By improving infrastructure, India will leap forward thru econmic growth comfortably in the coming years/decades.
Modi has been doing a lot of stuff which is good for his GOI to balance its books and show great numbers. And people like you then forward it all around while more and more folks are seeing the other side of how those numbers are being achieved.
NaMo is not mafia queen or scamgress mould. Here it is good for the country. The later part is useless rant.The problem is you being educated getting emotional carries more weight on how you conduct yourself. Nothing on me or NaMo.
However, what he's forgotten is that all of it is political economy.. any fool UPA guy could have done the same. They didn't because they took the people along across diverse groups. Apart from their minority appeasement that is. Modi doesn't get that. And sadly, it seems like it is hubris because he is busy mollycoddling other votebanks. So if urban voters dont matter, guess what - NOTA matters.
very pathetic statements from you. yes I agree that NaMo has to do something to change the public perception. everyone commonly agrees with it. Please shoot a letter to him as he is accessible easily relative to other PMs in India. we need people who work for India not just NaMo alone.
Spare me all the BJP pampleteering please. This is childish stuff which we all know, and can even be countered easily. Take your point 4 - what of the cost of the IL&FS bailout? Who let Nirav Modi and Choksi waltz out of India and how much has really been recovered?
You need to come off your high horse. NaMo wanted judicial to fast track high profile cases inclduingb politiicans , wanted NJAc. Both were non-starters due to obstinate judiciary-- please inform. Just FYI- this govt is the only govt to have brought back over a DOZEN criminals who escasped abroad. The most famous is getting extradited or in the process from UK. christian Michel is already in India. This cannot occur with seriousness needed. Check the bofors saga to know how it is easy to allow persons out of the country with the judiciary. Not a joke or silly posts .

Lot of people are seeing this efforts are also.
----------------------------------------------------------

simply put-- I have only 2 issues-- 1) you have your views in a negative tone, I have it in a positive tone. I normally don't write in personal terms. I prefer to avoid it. I just gave a sample that I can also do it though I feel bad about it.

2) I work with whatever little I can to help the country. I refuse to whine and complain. My job is clear. I know NaMo is working for our country, I want to help fellow Indians.We may not get such a person again if we lose him. It is simply our fault for not trying hard enough to help him.

JohnTitor
BGR Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by JohnTitor » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:33 am

Krishna it's not about personal etc.. a lot of people here are NRIs living a kushy life in a developed country wondering why the Indian voter votes the way he does.

They are simply disconnected and don't know what the man on the street has to deal with on a daily basis.. laws are fine but what matters is what changes on the ground. In my state, not much has changed on the ground.

NRIs think going to their local regional gathering and posting on here is patriotic bla bla bla ... Fact is, if you really care, come to India and do something. Otherwise your views carry little weight. (Again I am talking generally, not you in particular,I don't know if you live in India or not), but the disconnect usually gives it away

vishvak
BGR Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:53 pm
Location: Mumbai

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by vishvak » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:49 am

any fool UPA guy could have done the same. They didn't because they took the people along across diverse groups
So NaMo isn't about appeasement is why all these claims of not taking all together? The lead due to NOTA etc isn't too big though but nationwide value judgements are out. Also it won't escape people's minds about trickling down effects of investments done at national level which is how it is i.e. trickle down effect at local level- every one benefits differently and little by little.

By the way the critiques are silent about religious propaganda in NE state of Mizoram where religious atmosphere prevailed after swearing in ceremony. Very progressive - directly in Christmas fever only; but then who can complain because US/Europe do it too probably and also many other powerful countries and so on and so forth.
Zoramthanga Sworn In As Mizoram Chief Minister Amid Hymns, Bible-Reading
sworn in as the deputy chief minister on the largely Christian occasion marked by Bible reading and a church choir singing "Hallelujah"
..
the glittering event
Haha largely Christian occasion?! Now the exclusive religious stuff is not too much about democracy but who's complaining. It is like how people don't crib about democracy in paki/Bangladesh because there isn't much to talk of; so let's dump all over Indians and call the people corrupt etcetera.

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1387
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by chetak » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:41 am

The Ujjwala gas connection scheme of the BJP govt has become a problem in rural areas.

Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a scheme of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas for providing LPG connections to women from Below Poverty Line (BPL)

The cost of the refill is close to a thousand bucks which means that many families simply cannot afford it.

If it is subsidized, rampant diversion and misuse will result because of the differential pricing.

The only way is to reduce the price of each refill cylinder by reducing the size of the refill cylinder to maybe 5 Kgs each, instead of the usual 14.5 Kgs.

Somewhat like selling shampoo in sachets instead of investing in a big bottle. This marketing technique has worked well in rural areas and may work for the smaller gas cylinder too.

This is one of the reasons why rural women turned away and voted against the BJP.

Could someone tweet this to the petroleum minister/ministry??

krisna
BGR Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by krisna » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:49 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:33 am
Krishna it's not about personal etc.. a lot of people here are NRIs living a kushy life in a developed country wondering why the Indian voter votes the way he does.

They are simply disconnected and don't know what the man on the street has to deal with on a daily basis.. laws are fine but what matters is what changes on the ground. In my state, not much has changed on the ground.

NRIs think going to their local regional gathering and posting on here is patriotic bla bla bla ... Fact is, if you really care, come to India and do something. Otherwise your views carry little weight. (Again I am talking generally, not you in particular,I don't know if you live in India or not), but the disconnect usually gives it away
I agree with you in few and disagree in few.
I do understand many of us post here not with any malicous intent.It just comes out as frustration at some things not working. All want good to happen to our country. it is best to avoid it.


People simply talk about NRI and say they are disocnnected. But the same folks go around western folks snd believe whatever they say. At least NRIs are rooted in India and know the system have lived in it. western folks none but we believe them. very strange. :facepalm:

India is undergoing transformation from a poor hungry underdeveloped famine prone corrupt nation left by britshit to become a better developed less hungry no famine less corrupt country. We are going thru enormous change of over 1 billion democratically. We have had fits and starts to our growth some wrong turns etc etc. We have lost years in it. Now once again we have changed a lot in reforms. The results will take time.
From being patient waiting for 70 yesars we have become impatient now-- more like aspirational Indians who are exposed to western way of thinking and lifetsyle. This makes us impatient. This is good and bad. some have entitlement issues which is lost with new changes brought by NaMo.
some lose some win. ultimately elections do matter. It is upto everyone and electoral politics which will decide the fate of NaMo.

In all bringing "NRI" into disucsision irrespective of anything else is a dead give away from serious introspection.
serioulsy NRI are into time wrap- it has frozen for them. many believe India is corrupt crap feces all over cows roaming etc. They dont believe India is different than when they left 2-3 decades ago etc.Many western press write trash etc on India and these are the staple news item gobbled by NRIs.

Please spare the NRIs. :rotfl:

JohnTitor
BGR Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by JohnTitor » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:05 pm

I'm not sure what white people have to do with your response.

Nowhere have I said that just because you disbelieve NRI you should believe white man. I'm taking about NRI Vs RI.

So yes, living in a faraway land talking about India doesn't hold value. It's like you or I talking about issues pertaining to Somalia/it's people and asking to be taken seriously by the locals. The fact that you used to live in India doesn't mean you know the issues currently affecting people.

For the record, I used to live abroad for a long time, but now I live here. So that applies to everyone not currently living in India.

Vriksh
BGR Newbie
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm
Location: Ulan Bator

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by Vriksh » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:27 pm

Kris, try making less sanctimonious posts with insults hidden amongst all the verbosity and people will respond civilly in return. Just a thought. You began with the abuse couched in verbosity, now you are angsty when somebody just laughed it off.

John Tutor just punctured your verbosity with a simple query..are you here?

If not, kindly get off your donkey, mule, horse or whatever and realize that the frustration with BJP expressed by me in the post, a long time BJP supporter is not a fraction of that expressed by many who are NOTAing away.

It's easy for you to be incredibly sanctimonious while living in a first world nation, enjoying the fruits of their infra, living standards etc while imploring Indians to be patient. They aren't. BJP was busy courting them and they want more.

And mollycoddling one votebank over core supporters is costing BJP votes.

On social media, Jaitleys reduction of GST is being widely mocked. BJP has lost a significant swathe if urban voters and sooner they realize it and correct Budget 2019, the better. Otherwise people like me and John living in India will suffer as India Shining 2.0 happens.

Indian populace is obsessed with short term gains and BJP has been playing votebank 2.0 and people are getting cynical. In a financial group I am part of, average middle class Hindus, who normally would constitute the first line of defense for the BJP are now the first to attack it, over any perceived slight.

Modis big talk to middle class citizens to tighten their belt while MPs and MLAs make out like bandits And GOI remains dysfunctional, has not gone down too well. There is Budget 2019 remaining and I hope they don't screw it up.

Vriksh
BGR Newbie
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm
Location: Ulan Bator

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by Vriksh » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:04 am

PS I appreciate your patriotism, and apologize for offending you, there really is no point in tearing down our own folks, I just have serious patience issues with guys who talk down to us plebes telling us all is well, your post just came across like that...even if it isn't. Please understand that.

And yes, I won't make any more sarcastic posts if you won't. We are on the same side here.

krisna
BGR Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by krisna » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:30 pm

people in any forum should avoid start insulting others based on their pet peeves. yes they can rave and rant about parties policies etc but not take on personal views using terms" like you" or "nri" and other nonsensical terms.

everyone is free to air their views without fear or favor. learn to be humble and not condescending in attitude.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as my nri stuff goes- I had the chance to be a citizen of first world country, but did not. I have been in and out of India-I will probably die as an Indian citizen. If this helps. of course please-my tax paying stuff. I am sure Indian govt are happy about the taxes I pay.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway I do understand that all here want the best for India.I dont make posts of hurting people but I take on posts which do it. I am not shy of it of indulging in it-Upto to a point but back off if it becomes too severe. The onus in others to avoid it.Please check my posts here and in mother ship also.

Vriksh
BGR Newbie
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm
Location: Ulan Bator

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by Vriksh » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:55 am

Krisna, you persist with your condescending posts, quite ironic when you ask others to be humble! You have a choice, to take the high road and get treated accordingly.

Right now, just tell us one thing - do you have an idea of the pulse of the Indian public and how fickle, how frustrated it is.In your long posts, there will invariably be a couple of points expressing contempt for those who don't think as you do because they express dismay at BJP et al's flawed policies. If you think that's the way to be, fine. But don't expect people not to pick up on it.

krisna
BGR Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by krisna » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:57 pm

On Dec 15, I responded to vriksh post in neutral tone. That post of vriksh and subsequent by john titor reeked of condescending attitude. He brought in nri angle when none asked. I had to respond in kind. I mentioned in previous post also why I had to do it.

Again in above post by vriksh again uses "you" and questions me.talks about being humble. :facepalm:
The same could be said in neutral tone . Is it that difficult.

Yes people should post and air their disagreements but avoid using personal terms.


Each poster have their views, respectfully disagree and move on. Please avoid crying victimhood.

JohnTitor
BGR Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by JohnTitor » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:01 pm

Krish, I wasn't being personal when I talked about NRIs .. it's an objective point based on practical issues. And I raised it after Vriksh asked you whether you lived here. If you think NRIs face the same issues from governments in India as locals, then you are simply not being honest.

You can't simply believe everything you read as there is a lot of bias. Just yesterday the government revised the FDI amount received in defence by changing the methodology. Maybe it is the right way to calculate it, but the impression it creates is one of "fixing". One cannot help but question it.

And most of India media is paid media, trying to malign the government, but some of it is true.

Now there are some outlets out there that base their articles on fact, but unfortunately most residents don't get their information from there, so their perceptions are based on the mainstream media, or the problems faced by them personally. It is because of this reason that NRIs do not fully understand why people vote they way they do and some of their issues.

It isn't personal and you shouldn't take it as such.

Vikas
BGR Member
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:31 pm

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by Vikas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:36 am

^^What has Social Media thread got to do with some of the posts above ?
I am expecting a Breadator fly over with threats, warning and 'Fat Boy' .

krisna
BGR Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by krisna » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:42 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:01 pm
Krish, I wasn't being personal when I talked about NRIs .. it's an objective point based on practical issues. And I raised it after Vriksh asked you whether you lived here. If you think NRIs face the same issues from governments in India as locals, then you are simply not being honest.

You can't simply believe everything you read as there is a lot of bias. Just yesterday the government revised the FDI amount received in defence by changing the methodology. Maybe it is the right way to calculate it, but the impression it creates is one of "fixing". One cannot help but question it.

And most of India media is paid media, trying to malign the government, but some of it is true.

Now there are some outlets out there that base their articles on fact, but unfortunately most residents don't get their information from there, so their perceptions are based on the mainstream media, or the problems faced by them personally. It is because of this reason that NRIs do not fully understand why people vote they way they do and some of their issues.

It isn't personal and you shouldn't take it as such.
why do you want to divide Indians based on where one lives. what gives you the upper hand in deciding that NRIs should not be believed.
also talked about white folks etc which I ignored in your earlier post
Please read your posts.
--------------------------------------
Next divide Indians based on Resident Resident Indians RRI and Resident Non Indians RNI

Another set could be urban Indians and rural Indians..... and so on.

----------------------------------------------------------
Just for everyone's information-- worldwide since time immemorial-- over 95% of people do not go beyond 100 miles of their birth. This is changing in the last 100 years due to technological advancement. This percentage has come down in developed countries where relocation is relatively easier.
Still worldwide >70% still stay within the region of their birth. This will chnage no doubt with time.
Considering the size of India, one can similarly argue that one poster here will not know the situation of the place of another poster.

it looks absurd. Hence request posters here do not act silly and compare and contrast between Indians.

--------------------------------------------------------
Last request, Please refrain from using personal terms of enagagement. try to write in neutral tone.
By all means please disagree with any poster. All of us have same goals of seeing India as a country do well. That is all what matters.

syam
BGR Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:59 am

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by syam » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:07 am

Actually, it's only JohnTitor who is working for Hindu cause relentlessly. Everyother guy is either dhimmi or some sort of betrayer of core. :D

JohnTitor
BGR Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:12 pm

Sarcasm doesn't help. I probably do do more than many members here, definitely more than the dhimmified Hindu out there.

Anyway, your words, not mine. This is all OT, so please get back to the topic.

Post Reply