Social Media Thread

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.
kancha
BGR Newbie

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by kancha » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:26 pm

twitter link

Had an 'interesting' exchange on twitter two days ago. Screenshots are self explanatory.

Following are the screenshots of the exchange that occurred:-

kancha
BGR Newbie

Post by kancha » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:28 pm

jamwal wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:49 am
Follow the whole series:

Folks, here's a thread on the 'motivated' journalism by #NDTV.
First noticed a distinct 'tilt' some years ago. Chronicled some, missed .

https://twitter.com/CestMoiz/status/906173482051944448

Thanks Jamwal Ji, must've taken quite an effort to make this post with all those screenshots!
The series continues still. Will add about 5-6 more tweets tomorrow.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:42 pm

You did all the hard work, I just copy pasted ;)

The gent above is a classic fiberal. Expects others to respect his FOE without doing it himself. sootiya

kancha
BGR Newbie

Post by kancha » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:50 am

If only he also knew the correct spelling of 'Asthma'!
What is your handle, btw?

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:37 am

@jaidevjamwal

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:38 am

"It has become difficult to live in the intolerant atmosphere of this country since 2014,"......Saying this, Abdul.......
1. Went to the district health care centre for the delivery of his 5th child and filled the form for getting ₹6000.

2. After collecting ₹6000 in his bank account which was opened just a few days before under Jan-Dhan Yojana, he abused Modi and went to his home.

3. There, Abdul's mother switched on the LPG they had just received under UJJWALA Yojana and cooked food for him.

4. After eating the food, he went to his shop which he had just renovated with ₹1,00,000 he had received under MUDRA Yojana.

5. Next day, he went to the district administration office abusing Yogi Ji on the way to collect the farm loan waiver certificate.

6. While returning, he asked his children not to chant "Vande Mataram" and "Jana Gana Mana" as it was not permissible.

7. While dropping the children off in school, he filled the form for scholarships which his children are eligible due to their community.

8. While he was relieving himself sitting in a toilet constructed under Swachha Bharata Abhiyan early morning, he started abusing Modi government because of govt decision to deport Rohingyas.

9. After coming out from toilet, Abdul heard on radio that 22 lakh houses are being constructed under Prime Minister scheme to provide housing to all. Abusing Modi on the way, Abdul reached district office to apply for one of those houses.

10. Soon Abdul heard that Indian Army has killed 12 infiltrators who were on a mission. This news hurt Abdul as his humanity kicked in.

11. Then he switched off the LED lights in his room he had received a few months ago at cheap rates under UDAY and went to sleep as he was afraid.

Abdul is now afraid. Very afraid.
Someone help him !! Abdul doesn't need things stated above. He needs BEEF. Plus Rohingyas to be settled along with him. Yes, he also needs "special laws" prescribed in a book to be implemented across India.
PS - Abdul is a FICTIONAL character who has NO RELIGION.

kancha
BGR Newbie

Post by kancha » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:14 am

jamwal wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 am
https://twitter.com/PanasonicIndia/stat ... 0975421440
It’s time to take a stand for the #Right2Breathe. Give a missed call on 8882357357 or visit http://bit.ly/2kW6HqA to join the revolution

Panasonic started this anti-Diwali bullshit. Please show some support and love
Did my bit already.
Link

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:24 am

Keep us updated with this Tata motors.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:15 pm

JJ - refine that story a little better and take out the Abdul and make it dude or something. This makes last line have more impact.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:47 am

Criminals going back to jails even when on bail and surrendering outside UP after Yogi sarkar's crackdown.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:03 am

कोई ग़ैर मुस्लिम आपको त्योहार पर बधाई दे तो कैसे करना है? हैपी दिवाली के बदले इसे टू यू कह दीजिए, बस तेरे लिए... मेरे लिए नहीं !!
https://www.facebook.com/IndiaBTL/video ... 800170900/

Islamic "scholar" teaching why muslims should not greet Hindus on festivals

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 am

Islam treats all muslims as equals

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:19 pm

4 people in my circles have sent this picture to me on whatsapp since morning and 2-3 other shared it here. A quick reply:

1) GST on most medicines is 5%, a few non-essential have it 12 %.
Tax on liquor is between 100 to 250%. Bring liquor under GST for what, 28% tax ?

2) SIngapore is a city state less than 1/4th population of New Delhi and almost 100% income tax coverage.
India has barely 1.2% of population paying any income tax.

Welfare states providing free health care and education have 40-60% income tax deductions. Make up your mind about what you want, a welfare state or a low tax economy.

Also try to use some brain cells and think if it possible to implement a welfare state model in a huge country like India without any failures.

Additionally, please don't talk about bananas while discussing oranges. This post is so stupid, that the moron posting it automatically gets fast track to the loony list

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:53 pm

https://twitter.com/CestMoiz/status/922446423232090112

1 #PakTrends
So @gauravcsawat put out this tweet some weeks ago. Something similar had been playing on my mind too. The Pakistani narrative is so similar to the Lutyens cabal. Word for word.
Kashmiris will never be defeated. They will take bullet after bullet, pellet after pellet, but they will never give up” - Pakistan at #UNGA
for a while. Social media as a force came into its own in the 2014 general elections. And with that come the dirty tricks associated with influencing minds. Once again, I may be totally wrong out here, but it is a matter of what you want to believe Vs what you want to laugh away as a matter of someone's fertile imagination. But here goes. I started putting default location for trends on my twitter profile as Pakistan some time ago, on a whim. What it has led to is quite a .. let me call it 'fascinating' observation every once in a while.

The trigger was #Bihar trending in Pakistan on 08 Nov 15, soon after Bihar Assembly Election results were announced.
Interesting, no?

Hashtags like #IhateIndiaBecause and such likes keep popping up out there every once in a while. But #Bihar?
Yes, #Bihar, because the BJP / NDA lost and the left leaning media went into a celebratory frenzy! What one inferred from this was (strictly my personal opinion, btw) that atleast some of the so called 'secular' handles were based out of Pakistan, or had in fact, 'outsourced' some of the outrage industry over there.

The next example came soon thereafter. Aurangzeb Road in Delhi was renamed, sparking another outrage from so called seculars. And 'Lok Kalyan Marg' trends in Pak!

It took a while for subsequent examples since I was no longer looking. Next one came by in August 2017. Gurmeet Ram Rahim was arrested and much of Punjab - Haryana went into a tizzy. Social Media was up in arms against the concerned' about the law and order situation inside India, apparently!
Or maybe they were just adding fuel to fire in perfect sync with the 'secular' ecosystem out here ? Your call!

Move ahead a week or so, and a journalist in Bangalore is murdered. Almost instantaneously, a call goes out in the secular media that it is the handiwork of 'Hindu Terrorists', some even creating fictitious Hindu groups that might have . done it, and the social media world is on fire. Oh, btw 'Gauri Lankesh' also starts trending in Pak on 06 Sep! Coincidence!

I say coincidence because a country where journalism is one of the more 'dangerous' professions is suddenly & overwhelmingly.'concerned' about the murder of a journo in India! So much so that #RIP_IndianJournalism was again trending in Pak on 9 Sep!

Fast forward another week, and Amnesty International releases its report on use of pellet guns by Indian forces in Kashmir. Remember pellet guns? And the 'randi rona' that seculars created because it was quite an effective crowd control tool to . keep Pak sponsored stone pelters in check?
Well, the same randi rona started again, this time on BOTH sides of the border! And soon #AmnestyExposesIndia was trending in Pak!
Interestingly, the tweets associated were quite similar on both sides too!
Two days later came the #IHateIndiaBecause hashtag. Quite normal actually. Except that quite a bunch of tweets were STILL about the topics mentioned earlier in this thread.

Some were, in fact, perfect copy past jobs! Quite a coincidence, no?
Point is, it might just be a flight of fancy that I have posted above, but then, I thought I might as well put it out here. Generally speaking, the Leftist 'secular' ecosystem over here and Pakis do tend to 'agree' on a few matters of opinion. Why else would a handle called Pakistan Defence be interested in a protest march for a murdered journo in Bangalore?Image

This screenshot, I offer without any comments. Image

And before I sign off on this thread for the time being, just try and recollect the narrative on the #TerrorBoat incident in Pakistan as well as the 'secular' ecosystem within India.'nuff said.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:59 pm

CCTV footage of @HardikPatel_ going to meet @OfficeOfRG Pappu in Taj hotel & public's reaction on it.

https://twitter.com/neelang_dave/status ... 8518971395

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Checkout this fake 'Kashmiri Pandit' https://twitter.com/Snehakaul2Kaul

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:56 pm

V J wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:36 pm
This may be fake, but in there is areal Kashmir Hindu, don't know if she is a Pandit, at some UK university who froths in mouth talking about BJP/RSS. A deracinated b!tch, and the only way to explain her repugnant views: Stockholm syndrome. I recall an Al Jazeera hit job where they had her on and she claimed RSS must be declared a "terrorist organization" because they hold "terror camps" :-).

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:56 pm

V J wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Looks very fake to me, most likely run by a traitor KM .

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:53 am

Last year I had posted on GDF that my post on FB about - crackerless diwali, husbandless karvachauth, waterless holi, milkless naag panchmi, brotherless rakhi, Ram & Kali-less Dusshera, Kite-less Sankranti, Handi-less Dahi handi, Bullock-less Jallikattu, Soundless-Dandiya and Navratri, Music-less Ganpatis - was attacked by an ex-office colleague who is a new age mom. She had said that I sit in my ivory tower in Australia and dont know what the plight of common Indians is :-). This year she actually wrote a blog about it :-)
All bcos I had made a comment in my post that future generation kids will write essays on why celebrating these festivals traditionally is a very bad idea for human civilisation (carbon foot print chart of festivals). I guess she was actually working on a similar homework for her child.
One of my close friends replied on her comment directing at me - that psychologically Indians who attack NRIs about their lifestyle and locations are the ones who are most desperate to leave India but are not able to and out of frustration they attack NRIs. His comment was so direct and hard hitting that she just couldn't muster words. There were many likes to his reply. Coincidentally she had just checked with me a few days ago on the entire process of moving out of India :-)

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:07 pm

A senior AAPiya started a poll on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/VORdotcom/status/922814706154459136
Do you think @narendramodi Government is corrupt ?
Answer : 78% No and 22% yes. :lol:

But people tore him a new one in comments. Please take a look :lol: :P

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:17 am

the sacked IPS official seems to have found a new calling as a full time anti namo 'activist'

https://twitter.com/sanjivbhatt

his latest was why no muslims in india cricket team? bhajji smacked that full toss to the fence right away.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:20 am

from wiki
In 2003, Bhatt was posted as the superintendent of Sabarmati central jail. There, he became very popular among the prisoners. He introduced desserts like gajar ka halwa on the jail menu. He also posted undertrials in Godhra train burning case on a jail committee. Two months after his appointment, he was transferred for being too friendly with the prisoners and bestowing favours upon them. On 18 November 2003, nearly half of the 4000 prisoners went on a hunger strike to protest his transfer. Six convicts slashed their wrists in protest

Rudradev
BGR Newbie

Post by Rudradev » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:04 am

Is Sanjiv Bhatt a Mahesh type of "Bhatt"? Or a Dilip type of Kumar, you know what I mean.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Got this in my class WhatsApp group. It is in Tamil and even I understood most of it. Seems like all is not lost in TN.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:07 am

^^Can't understand any of it

Is anyone following https://twitter.com/tufailelif Tufail Ahmad

He seems to be a reasonable person going by most of his articles. But his tweets very often border on borderline islamist and hinduphobic category.