Social Media Thread

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.
Rvishwakarm
BGR Newbie

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by Rvishwakarm » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:31 am

arshyam wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:12 am
^^ It means "are you wearing the (Sabarimalai) garland?"

Btw, what's "hyacha"? Auto-correct or some word I've never heard of?
hyacha artha kai? ="What does this mean?" in marathi

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Don't know if anybody has seen this. Got it from my extended family here who are lamenting the loss of 'tolerance' in India. The NYT and other BIF are at it again :-(

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/24/w ... stmas.html

ritz82
BGR Newbie

Post by ritz82 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:42 pm

Primus wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:12 pm
Don't know if anybody has seen this. Got it from my extended family here who are lamenting the loss of 'tolerance' in India. The NYT and other BIF are at it again :-(

fit case for sending them to pakistan on one way ticket.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:54 pm

Primus wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Follows NYT SOP to the T. Have an Indian Lefty write the article and attach a local gora name to it so it gains credibility in local markets.

I don't remember Christmas being a thing at all in the 80s and 90s. It was purely a Christian holiday with the mandatory Jesus movie being shown on DD every year. So, this celebrating with Santa and a tree is a new age practice in the era of massive malls and Chrislamist-controlled media. NYT makes it sound like India always celebrated Christmas like this.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:06 pm

^^^ The so called "liberal" NYT pushing shudh white Christian propaganda like a true patriot. Painting Hindus in India who caution against mindless aping of western Christian celebrations as "extremists", and while the article quotes all the deracinated Hindu taking about "universality" and crap like that, not once do the reporters even ask the logical question as to why in "universal" India, Christians don't celebrate Pongal and Deepavali, the holy festival of majority Hindus. Very "liberal" NYT indeed

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:34 pm

Well, not all the extended family is nuts. Here is a good one:

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:56 am

crams wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:06 pm
^^^ The so called "liberal" NYT pushing shudh white Christian propaganda like a true patriot. Painting Hindus in India who caution against mindless aping of western Christian celebrations as "extremists", and while the article quotes all the deracinated Hindu taking about "universality" and crap like that, not once do the reporters even ask the logical question as to why in "universal" India, Christians don't celebrate Pongal and Deepavali, the holy festival of majority Hindus. Very "liberal" NYT indeed
I blame all this on us sootiya Hindus onlee. Celebrating Christmas now with a full christmas tree and santa costumes. Hindus have no shame it seems. Dissing our own festivals and aping others. 80% of everyone I know now has a Christmas tree in their house, specially those new age yuppy families working in MNCs and what not. These are the same sootiyas who were lecturing against wasting water on Holi and bursting crackers on Diwali. Singing bhajans is soooo boring & low standard, now new rage is singing carols & visiting churches specially after watching how their favourite Bollywood sootiyas playing a Hindu character in a movie go to Churches and not temples when sad!

What an eff-ed up race we are. Shame.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:58 pm

It is indeed strange. However, we stopped having a tree in our house after the first three years here, told the kids we do not celebrate it. Actually many Hindus here do not have trees. I tell everyone Jews do not have a tree in their homes, so why should Hindus? Muslims do not have trees, so why should Hindus?

But it is true that commercialization of the holiday has reached epic proportions in India too. If young school girls in small villages in India are doing it then God help India. It is only a small step from there to becoming a closet Christian or simply reaching the point of total apathy towards Hindu causes, leading to the same outcome.

Decades of anti-Hindu leadership has led us to this place. When Hindu values, customs, rituals are constantly painted as archaic and ridiculous while the 'virtues' of Christianity are tied to development, modernism, promoted as more desirable then there is no surprise that young people are willing to give up their own ethos in favor of what is considered more 'attractive'.

Hindus are indeed their own worse enemies.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:13 pm

Chandragupta wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:56 am

Watching the discourse between the elite Hindus in India and their Hindu brethren, I feel the same way.

For a moment, lets leave the genuine secularists and spiritualists aside. Believe me there are some who live and practice the philosophy that God is one, paths are many. But believe me, such genuine, compassionate, intellectual, spiritual folks are few.

The vast majority of the 'secularist', those howling 'intolerance', those who pick up any hate crime and shout from their roof tops, those who compete with each other in how much they enjoy Christmas celebration and anyone even faintly talking against it are "Nazis", belong to the inferior race category you speak about. For them its sheer allergy towards Hinduism that masquerades their self righteous cacophony on 'secularism' and 'intolerance'. (And a much larger section of Hindu are brainwashed zombies who don't know that they don't know whats happening to their identity, their culture, their religion; its only them, their kith and kin, and their caste).

I thought 2014 with the arrival of thumping majority by pro-Hindu BJP will mark a turnaround, but as of today, it seems to me that the anti-Hindu forces have become more formidable out of power than in power.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:38 am

They will be powerful for the next 5-10 years. However, the more money they spend the lesser power they have and the more desperate they get, 10 years of continous proper governance plus quiet ruthlessness will put many of these systems out of place.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:54 am

crams wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:13 pm
Chandragupta wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:56 am

Watching the discourse between the elite Hindus in India and their Hindu brethren, I feel the same way.

For a moment, lets leave the genuine secularists and spiritualists aside. Believe me there are some who live and practice the philosophy that God is one, paths are many. But believe me, such genuine, compassionate, intellectual, spiritual folks are few.

The vast majority of the 'secularist', those howling 'intolerance', those who pick up any hate crime and shout from their roof tops, those who compete with each other in how much they enjoy Christmas celebration and anyone even faintly talking against it are "Nazis", belong to the inferior race category you speak about. For them its sheer allergy towards Hinduism that masquerades their self righteous cacophony on 'secularism' and 'intolerance'. (And a much larger section of Hindu are brainwashed zombies who don't know that they don't know whats happening to their identity, their culture, their religion; its only them, their kith and kin, and their caste).

I thought 2014 with the arrival of thumping majority by pro-Hindu BJP will mark a turnaround, but as of today, it seems to me that the anti-Hindu forces have become more formidable out of power than in power.
Decades of brain-washing in the media, schools, colleges and by successive governments has led to this.

Yesterday, all my Hindu classmates sent me "Merry Christmas" greetings. I thanked them and politely asked if we should now be sending out Id Mubarak messages too. I am not sure many muslims in India do the Christmas tree, nativity scenes, carols and stuff. None of the Jews I know here (and I do know so many) celebrate or observe the occasion except to go and eat Chinese food on Christmas Day (that seems to have become the done thing).

Why then must only Hindus genuflect this way?

Sridhar k
BGR Newbie

Post by Sridhar k » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:11 pm

From twitter, a very pertinent article on how Christianity upsurped pagan practices, extermunated the pagan religion

http://indiafacts.org/winter-solstice-c ... #pageslid
Thus, it is clear that what is celebrated as Christmas today, with Santa (Norse God Odin / Germanic God Woden), Christmas Tree (Canaanite Goddess Asherah), Christmas Star (Sumerian Goddess Inanna / Akkadian Goddess Ishtar) and many other elements could be traced back to ancient pre-Christian ancient traditions, from which, the Christian clergy appropriated their symbols and practices. This appropriation was accomplished through cultural digestion & inculturation, as Christianity spread through Europe, obliterated the followers of these ancient traditions and unfortunately murdering many men, women and children in the process. This same appropriation is currently happening in India, and if it is ignored, Indian traditions may end up facing the same fate as the pre-Christian European traditions.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Guys, not to make fun of anybody's physical appearance, but here is latest picture of RAPEette Burka Bibi from NYC

https://twitter.com/BDUTT/status/945297840611344386

I thinks this image of hers is photo-shooped, simply because she is not as slim as she appears in this picture. Just check some of the videos on the 'we the women' stuff she hosted recently. She is plus sized, nothing wrong with that. She usually does not hide that, and I applaud her for that, but why this picture showing her size to be what I think is incorrect? Looking for a boyfriend in NYC or something?

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:40 am

Lady Govinda. May be she got some fat sucked out of her by liposuction or something. Will not change her ugly face & soul though.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:03 pm

hypocrites all.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:25 pm

Heh.

Our lady of the Visa Mother PackVisa

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am

In West Bengal, Bajrang Dal trains Hindu youth in 'self defence' to ward off attacks (India today news)

I'm impressed its happening in jihadidi's bengal at all, in the first place. Signs of positive ground shifts happening that we chattering classes in drawing rooms remain blissfully unaware of? I sure hope so.
The VHP's youth wing Bajrang Dal organised a week-long military-style training camp for youth. According to VHP activist Madan Gayen, such camps are held annually.
On closer reading, seems like this was anyway happening annually under the radar. And the media by highlighting them is playing a dangerous game.

They are effectively inviting the likes of CPM in KL, TMC in WB and ummah sleeper cells elsewhere maybe, to focus on these small, regular events to stamp them out. Only.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:36 am

Hindu awakening needs to happen if we are to survive. Sure people are more aware now than 5 years ago but I still see a lot of sickular hindus in my own surroundings

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:22 am

Primus wrote:But it is true that commercialization of the holiday has reached epic proportions in India too. ...
It is only a small step from there to becoming a closet Christian or simply reaching the point of total apathy towards Hindu causes, leading to the same outcome
From what I see around me; today in Kerala many Hindus still check the auspicious time for marriage, but try to get that time on a Sunday. Reason is simple; Sunday is a public holiday and chances of people coming to the wedding is pretty much on that day only. There are no more choices, based on any Hindu ausipicious day. Don't think that can be changed now. Now take the IT-Vity industry. Any time mid-level managers and senior managers can get some assured vacation is X'Mas time. Because the 'Gora' crowd would also go on vacation at the same time. Other wise be it Deepavali, Dusserah or Onam; either it would be a short vacation (1-2 days) or sitting at home logged into the office network.
Primus wrote:Yesterday, all my Hindu classmates sent me "Merry Christmas" greetings.
I am not sure many muslims in India do the Christmas tree, nativity scenes, carols and stuff.
I am lucky to have X'ian friends who celeberate Deepavali at home, and wish every one on that day. Such friends also get X'Mas greetings from me (and every one else as well). SHQ's side are completely commies, and as I understand (now) also non-religious (except when it comes to marriage of the women in the clan). SHQ gets the idea of having an X'mas tree, and I was all fine with that. The total disdain shown during the Deepavali time actually was a revelation to me. From then on it is a simple and straight forward rule. Celeberate one's own festivals & customs; then we celebrate that of others. Communism, Equality, "Free speech" etc. was kicked out of my door that very day.

With such an experience at close quarters, I can very well see how things are going to be challenging when upbringing children etc. Right from actually lighting up a lamp for poojas, being told stories from our own epics; things are going to be tough. With nuclear families now the norm, the grand parents who had a role to play here are also becoming absent. The fact that many of the Hindu families today have a very deep inferiority complex (our religion, our values, our customs are useless) is only going to increase the problems. This is especially in states like KL, where for many decades people have to migrate to other countries (which have other religions as majority). The fact that the people of the state are dependent on these countries to make a living, naturally makes them feel that the religions of that country are also great.

kancha
BGR Newbie

Post by kancha » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Have shared some thoughts on the Kulbhushan Jadhav's meeting with his family

Twitter Link

Blog Link
As far as my reaction goes, yes I am outraged too.

Outraged, yes.

But surprised? No.

In fact, on the contrary, I would have been (pleasantly) surprised had the Paki security establishment allowed the visit to go in a dignified manner. But that is too much to ask of them. And they didn’t disappoint me either.

Now the question is, where does this insane hostility come from. Of course, they will cry hoarse at ‘Big, Bad India’. I’ll not argue with that since they are welcome to their own point of view.

Over here I’ll just go into why the behaviour towards the two ladies

There was amazing similarity in which the establishment went about conducting the visit, and the media doing its own bit. This is an interesting phenomenon indeed – the way the Paki state brings up its children to adulthood, fed on a potent propaganda right from the word go.

But first let us see how it manifests itself. Here are some public personalities, those that are supposed to be exposed to media and experienced in handling themselves in public.

Example 1: Shahid Afridi.(WSJ Article Afridi: Indians have smaller hearts than Pakistanis)

Quote, ‘If I speak truthfully, they just can’t have the kind of heart a Muslim has or a Pakistani has. I think they don’t have the sort of big hearts, pure hearts, Allah has given us.’
Btw, this is the same Afridi one of whose cousins was dispatched by the BSF in Kashmir in 2003 (LINK)

And if you think that the ‘Hindu Kutta’ thing is a one off event in a comedy show, you couldn’t be more mistaken! Late JN Dixit, during his tenure in the Indian High Commission in Pakistan was given a live demonstration, that too by a six year old child!

A six year old child.

Let that sink in a bit.

A kid of someone definitely high up in the Paki establishment / society.

A kid not yet old enough to make her own opinions.

A kid with her mind poisoned by her parents

A kid who will no doubt grow up with a blinkered view of Indians as ‘Hindu Baniya’ an ‘Hindu Kutta’

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:06 am

After howling that Modi sarkar was sabotaging parlmt by postponing winter session (due to GJ polling, most likely), cho_chweet gandhi vacations in Goa taking cho_chweet pictures.

Meanwhile journo turds buzz all around her vacation like flies, vying to flatter, ingratiate and what not. Like a tweeper said, its year-end appraisal time after all...

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:28 am

What challenge is Malini referring to? What a bloody slave. Thoo.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:45 am

@crams saar,

Look at the bright side. How the mighty have fallen, having to allow dutty plebian peasantry - the likes of MaliniP - to refer to queenBee as 'friend' and actually get away with it! Bwahaha.

Recall, this witch chonia once wielded such enormous, unaccountable power that she could both literally and figuratively push the 'serving' PM aside to make way for her convoy, her courtiers, her seat etc. Youtube vids abound of MMS pushed aside by chonia's security detail.

And now, to have to take pics on a bicycle with the likes of MaliniP....lolwa onlee.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:50 am

Meanwhile, GoI narrative seems to be firming up.

Salami slicing strategy perhaps, to ultimately get to UCC. (Was this on the 2014 manifesto like RJB was, just curious, coz I do know that RTE and temples were not).
Ravi Shankar Prasad Verified account @rsprasad 19h19 hours ago
Our Prime Minister @narendramodi and senior leaders have always stood firmly with the Muslim women to secure their rights and dignity by ending triple Talaq. #ModiGovtEmpowersWomen @AmitShah @arunjaitley @myogiadityanath
Look at the folks tagged, besides. Spells out who were internally supporting this move, perhaps?

Thin end of the wedge driven into the formidable, monolithic malsi votebank. The shia-sunni wedge has also been used in the RJB case effectively, I can see.

And all that repurposing and using the same 'women's rights, female empowerment' style western wedges libtards/NGOs/Ejs camp merrily applied to destabilize Indic society, too. Great going guys.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:09 pm

mediacrooks account is suspended.
Many like tarek fatah are indicating towards day of purge when people like him will be suspended.
same voiced by voice of europe.
Faryda Janon and other heavyweights from Europe also have their account suspended (rabid anti Islam).