Social Media Thread

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.
sanjayC
BGR Member

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by sanjayC » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:08 pm

^^ Modi Govt. needs to warn Twitter that if it takes sides in internal issues of countries and deliberately tries to suppress the voice of only one side, it can be blocked, like China has done.

krisna
BGR Newbie

Post by krisna » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:52 pm

doubt Indian gov esp naMo will do anything of that sort. Indians with their prowess so called in IT should develop some killer app like twitter WhatsApp etc specific for Indians with many Indian languages included. should have servers in India etc.
wonder who will do it.

krisna
BGR Newbie

Post by krisna » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:26 pm

Sachin wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:22 am
<snip>
Primus wrote:Yesterday, all my Hindu classmates sent me "Merry Christmas" greetings.
I am not sure many muslims in India do the Christmas tree, nativity scenes, carols and stuff.
I am lucky to have X'ian friends who celeberate Deepavali at home, and wish every one on that day. Such friends also get X'Mas greetings from me (and every one else as well). SHQ's side are completely commies, and as I understand (now) also non-religious (except when it comes to marriage of the women in the clan). SHQ gets the idea of having an X'mas tree, and I was all fine with that. The total disdain shown during the Deepavali time actually was a revelation to me. From then on it is a simple and straight forward rule. Celeberate one's own festivals & customs; then we celebrate that of others. Communism, Equality, "Free speech" etc. was kicked out of my door that very day.

With such an experience at close quarters, I can very well see how things are going to be challenging when upbringing children etc. Right from actually lighting up a lamp for poojas, being told stories from our own epics; things are going to be tough. With nuclear families now the norm, the grand parents who had a role to play here are also becoming absent. The fact that many of the Hindu families today have a very deep inferiority complex (our religion, our values, our customs are useless) is only going to increase the problems. This is especially in states like KL, where for many decades people have to migrate to other countries (which have other religions as majority). The fact that the people of the state are dependent on these countries to make a living, naturally makes them feel that the religions of that country are also great.
very true. same issue here. shq was excited when our little one talked excitedly about xmas - Had clealry informed shq about my displeasure. informed her that - how many wished her on her religious festivals, how many know about hinduism etc. no answer. asked why do we celebrate or acknolwdege their festival when they dont reciprocate it. Had a blank look with quietness personified.
Meanwhile informed the little one that we are Hindus hence celebrate Deepavali Ganesha etc etc . we dont celeberate xmas. The little one boldly went to his little school :rotfl: and told everyone that we dont celebrate xmas as we are Hindus. It made them realise about we have different fetsivals. some were interested.

few days later just before xmas- all forgotten. shq on shopping suddenly felt the urge to buy xmas tree inside a shop. little one got excited. firmly expressed my displeasure. said only when reciprocity is with other religions can this occur. she understood. little one again remembered and said boldly -- "we are Hindus- we dont celebrate xmas". brought a smile to my face. :D

now shq is clear-- she has modified her plans-- lighting now for all Hindu fetsivals. mega one for Deepavali . :D

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:18 pm

krisna wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:26 pm

now shq is clear-- she has modified her plans-- lighting now for all Hindu fetsivals. mega one for Deepavali . :D
That is the way to go :-)

The best analogy I've presented to our kids has been - ask your Jewish friends if they have Christmas trees at home, they get it right away after that.

Ever since we moved into our present home, we've lit up the place every Diwali (sorry, being a naarthie I still call it that). We hang up lights all over the front and sides of the house. People think we are setting things up early for Thanksgiving or Christmas. We take the lights off after Thanksgiving.

I have always taken off work on Diwali from as far back as I can recall, saying 'it is our Christmas'. Usually people understand it when you say it like that.

SHQ is a bit strange. I am the one who does all the praying part, daily as well as on festivals. However, she gets all worked up over the rituals, the cleaning up, the decorations, the food, the invitations to the family. She insists on having some fireworks even though it is banned where we live. She gets very upset if I plan any vacation that will take us out of town around Diwali.

She also insists on celebrating Holi - even though it is freezing at times here - we have had great times with the entire family and friends with buckets full of colored hot water. We even pipe it out into the backyard from the kitchen sink. If there is snow on the ground (and there has been some years), we just use 'gulal' and then have the usual food and singing.

On Raksha Bandhan she still sends out Rakhis to all her cousins even though some are in their 70s now. We make sure we can get together with her brother and our kids sometime around the festival to celebrate it and tie Rakhis.

Small things, but over the years the family has come to understand that this is our culture and that we should enjoy and celebrate it without feeling awkward about it. Now everyone looks forward to the festivals.

It is also important to mention that in our extended family we have people from all faiths. Thus we also do Christmas and Greek Easter together - at our respective homes. Everyone feels the need to be together and take part. When you are close, you are happy to celebrate the differences. That is how the world should be and can be if we allow it to happen.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:10 pm

Mediacrooks whose suspended account has been reinstated has made sensational claim that BJP SM cell chief Amit Malviya was behind his suspension..
Full gaali galauj on.. split wide open, Tajinder Bagga involved as well..

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Is there any end to stupidity of BJP ministers ..Petrol minister in his tweet lavishly praises dubious lady journalist who was involved in fist fight with Republic TV journo who tried to question M S Aiyyar...

https://twitter.com/dpradhanbjp/status/ ... 2182331393

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:19 am

Why do you expect any different from BJP? They are not much different from Congoons. One is anti Hindu, the other just doesnt care.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:38 am

Indrad wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:10 pm
Mediacrooks whose suspended account has been reinstated has made sensational claim that BJP SM cell chief Amit Malviya was behind his suspension..
I seriously feel that Mediacrooks has a few nuts loose. And I really wish he stayed on point, instead of trying to attack just about anyone. I have seen him be downright rude to even people who admire him and have a kind word or two to say about him. Can't take anything he says seriously, even if true.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:57 pm

whatsapp

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:33 am

How does this woman -

https://i.ndtvimg.com/video/images/vod/ ... 691637.jpg
http://im.rediff.com/news/2014/oct/17fadnavis.jpg
http://www.thehansindia.com/assets/7786 ... dnavis.jpg
https://s3.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com ... .Medi.jpeg
http://images.mid-day.com/images/2015/j ... avis-1.jpg (2015)

Turn into this -

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.co ... NA%3D%3D.2
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... avis-3.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/88 ... VivRrR.jpg

There are atleast 2-3 cosmetic surgeries there, who paid for them?

She started her career as a Cashier-Executive and is now a Dep.VP in the Bank. Has anyone ever seen a Cashier become a Dep. VP? I haven't! Her first song (she apparently is a trained singer!) came in 2016 two years after her husband became the MH CM! Very convenient, no?

Till 2015, she was same old. She started changing in 2016. The timeline can be easily gauged from all public information. She has been co-opted by Bhaiwood. The transformation is complete! Shows how easy it is to infiltrate people who have grown up under Sangh influence, leave alone the rest of the Hindus.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:53 am

I do not know if she has grown under Sangh influence. Even if she is she can always change.

No one becomes Dy VP just like that. If one sees how she got promoted it may give an indication. Funny is her year of birth is not mentioned. Typical of bhaiwood people. That alone gives an indication of what kind of people looking after her wiki page. No information as to where she did MBA Finance but where she did her course of Tax laws is mentioned. Which clearly shows that her MBA may be some normal one which she is not proud to mention is her wiki page.

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:13 pm

Can I post sainya jahaj tasveer or two I posted on some of my sosal media here?

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:11 am

From Amruta Fadnavis's wiki:
She has represented India at National Prayer Breakfast – 2017, an international peace initiative presided by US President Donald Trump.
From the page of National Prayer Breakfast
The National Prayer Breakfast, held in the Hilton's International Ballroom, is typically attended by some 3,500 guests, including international invitees from over 100 countries. It is hosted by members of the United States Congress and is organized on their behalf by The Fellowship Foundation, a Christian organization. Initially called the Presidential Prayer Breakfast, the name was changed in 1970 to the National Prayer Breakfast.
Have we lost David Fadnavis forever? Can we perform a ghar wapasi?

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:45 am

V J wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:13 pm
Pls sir! Pls post here for all of us to see.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:47 am

She did not 'represent' India. She was invited because someone on the BIF side correctly identified her as a low-IQ, wannabe, social climbing buffoon who was married to the CM of one of India's wealthiest regions.

One look at her Twitter profile and all you see is self promotion! I went there felicitated Customs officers, then I went and inaugurated a Doctors' conference, then Shahrukh Khan released my album, then I went to the Governors House..etc etc. blah blah blah. She is worse than Kejriwal when it comes to grabbing attention and that's saying something!

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:32 pm

What I don't understand is, if you're the damn CM's wife, how about you show some propriety and not self-promote your talentless self with songs/videos like this:

Or shake your musharraf around like this:

This is not to say that you cannot have a life as the spouse of a politician or a minister. I could have completely understood this had she been an actor/singer prior to David being appointed the CM.

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:11 pm

Chandragupta wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:45 am
V J wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:13 pm
Pls sir! Pls post here for all of us to see.
Deep penetration Shamsher https://www.instagram.com/p/BedEJ3HH-B7/

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:39 am

Guys, check this out -

https://www.reddit.com/r/islam/

The level of brainwashing is simply unbelievable. I would advise asking any Islamic apologist to read this subreddit and see how Muslims are nothing but braindead zombies! Some of the serious discussions are about what kind of life will these idiots have in Paradise..how to get into paradise..what will their wives be like in paradise..God, this is scary & ridiculous at the same time.

The subreddit on Hinduism is more about spirituality and peacefulness; as expected.

V J
BGR Newbie

Post by V J » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:15 am

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:23 pm

Indrad wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:10 pm
I am not surprised that Sanghis are involved in suppressing genuine voices. They have always been against free thinkers like Sitaram Goel, Ram Swarup, and others like them. Sangh only needs order followers, not critical thinkers - just like the Marxists.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:55 pm

mediacrooks himself is quite intolerant, one small criticism of one of his comments and straight comes the blocked page. he, for all the good he does and says, has quite a few screws loose.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:38 am

Primus wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:58 pm
Hindus are indeed their own worse enemies.
Some hindu migrants are ignorant but most of what happened is natural assimilation. Many migrate to west in young age. Women are custodians of culture and each young woman needs early guidance from previous generation. Which is a missing factor. These kids marry and next day fly away. It is not because they don't want to follow traditions, it is just they don't know how and when they see xmas etc happening around them, they learn and they celebrate. It is also a human survival instinct to be part of larger community, unless you are brainwashed by hardcore religious lessons from childhood, which is not the case for hindu kids. So we get easily assimilated in other cultures.

I have a friend who is some 3rd generation indian in the west. Her mom doesn't know how to cook indian food. They are technically hindus and root back to India, but they live complete western life. She calls herself hindu but knows absolutely nothing about indian culture, doesn't speak indian language and she admits it sadly. It is not that everyone has zeal to google and learn. People are busy in their daily struggle. Some might find time and that extra energy but many just live on with their life.

She is what most of the recent NRI's 3rd generation would be. You like it or not.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:17 am

abhijit wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:38 am
Primus wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:58 pm
Hindus are indeed their own worse enemies.
Some hindu migrants are ignorant but most of what happened is natural assimilation. Many migrate to west in young age. Women are custodians of culture and each young woman needs early guidance from previous generation. Which is a missing factor. These kids marry and next day fly away. It is not because they don't want to follow traditions, it is just they don't know how and when they see xmas etc happening around them, they learn and they celebrate. It is also a human survival instinct to be part of larger community, unless you are brainwashed by hardcore religious lessons from childhood, which is not the case for hindu kids. So we get easily assimilated in other cultures.

I have a friend who is some 3rd generation indian in the west. Her mom doesn't know how to cook indian food. They are technically hindus and root back to India, but they live complete western life. She calls herself hindu but knows absolutely nothing about indian culture, doesn't speak indian language and she admits it sadly. It is not that everyone has zeal to google and learn. People are busy in their daily struggle. Some might find time and that extra energy but many just live on with their life.

She is what most of the recent NRI's 3rd generation would be. You like it or not.
Do they celebrate Hindu festivals? Go to temples? Food etc are still okay if you can't cook but identity is very important. Kids must know & understand that they are Americans/whatever nationality but they are not Christian. They are American AND Hindu. Nothing wrong with these identities since they do not conflict.

Problem is when even recently migrated Hindus ditch their identity the moment they step foot on foreign soil. I have female friends who became fully Americanized within months of going to US, obviously a lot of fake & put on effort - like accent, dressing & in your face - trying too hard to be MUTU (they will celebrate St. Patricks Day, This day that day, everyday). I pointed female friends because this trait is negligible in males, as per my experience.

Shandilya
BGR Newbie

Post by Shandilya » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:55 am

Chandragupta wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:17 am
Do they celebrate Hindu festivals? Go to temples? Food etc are still okay if you can't cook but identity is very important. Kids must know & understand that they are Americans/whatever nationality but they are not Christian. They are American AND Hindu. Nothing wrong with these identities since they do not conflict.
But sir over time these identities do conflict for those not firmly rooted, my cousin goes to temple and even cooks there (back home we are from as saffron a hindu as they come, not a shade lighter); she does so in an feeble attempt to latch on to her roots, but boy-o-boy you should see how she celebrates christmas - with a tree in the living room, lights outside, and gifts, parties, and the whole 9 yards; not as much (at all) at diwali, holi, navratri, gudi padwo. yes but she will visit the local desi shop for sale items on those days.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:39 am

Shandilya wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:55 am
Chandragupta wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:17 am
But sir over time these identities do conflict for those not firmly rooted, my cousin goes to temple and even cooks there (back home we are from as saffron a hindu as they come, not a shade lighter); she does so in an feeble attempt to latch on to her roots, but boy-o-boy you should see how she celebrates christmas - with a tree in the living room, lights outside, and gifts, parties, and the whole 9 yards; not as much (at all) at diwali, holi, navratri, gudi padwo. yes but she will visit the local desi shop for sale items on those days.
Perhaps it is inferiority complex & gora worshipping that are ingrained in us. I think this new 'wave' of feminism has its first victim in female Hindus. They see religious rituals & festivals as patriarchal and efforts to tie them down, so first thing a lot of them do when they go abroad is to go crazy with the new found 'freedom' & 'security', kick their culture, heritage, religion to the curb and ape gora log shamelessly. My male friends in US were stunned when they saw their female friends treat them so differently than they did back in India, compared to white guys.