The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Vriksh
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by Vriksh » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:28 am

Shukla is just a windbag and Hooda comes Cross an opportunist with political ambitions. Second career in secular politics.

One amazing thing about social media is that a lot of our veterans are now online, and many, perhaps a vocal minority and not the majority, have shown themselves to be dyed in the wool, staunch brown sahibs with contempt towards anything overtly Hindu. We all suspected the brainwashing of Brit belief system existed in anything set up by them, and clearly it exists.

Only good thing is I hope now next gen going into service are politically aware before going into service, so will remain clued in and not such wogs serving in a foreign land. I say, I say, koi chai Lao. This is literally the image some if these jokers engender. They are ruining the image of the services via their abusive commentary towards BJP supporters - bhakts, morons, gutter brains, low class fellows...all actual terms used from TL of senior veterans. And using up the points accrued due to near divine status accorded to armed forces in India.

Vriksh
BGR Newbie

Post by Vriksh » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:31 am

The other good thing is that some of our veterans have seen through the anti Hindu hate of these morons and are now calling them out.

Likes of Modi dont care much for social media crap but needless to say, he would have come across such elitist contempt directed towards his chaiwallah self and the man has a long memory.

It will take time but the likes of Shukla etc wont have such an easy ride any more.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:11 am

Some updates from our front guys just so that you're aware. On the India Aware front, we have published multiple videos regarding the jihad that is present in Kerala. Both the violent and love jihad that has been ongoing. Especially with the backdrop of Sri Lanka, feel that it holds even more significance. We've tried to take out multiple videos regarding this as well as to some extent trying to make Hindus aware regarding the CPM goons that have taken brutal murders especially in Kannur.
Three-part series that also deals with trying to malign some of the Christian Bishops actively involved in yet another sex scandal. Tried to bring up the issue regarding Sabarimala as well.

I sent one of the journalists out today to see if she can get some positive opinions regarding Sandhvi Pragya and trying to highlight the fact that she was brutally tortured. Let's see what the public really think.

Also hopefully in the next few days we should be able to get another video out regarding the Hindu temple funding issue. Think that some of you might have seen my post on the evangelism thread on BR. Hopefully we should be able to get something out regarding this in the next week.
Nepal has also been an issue close to my heart and should be releasing another video regarding the confusion of Nepalis with regard to conversion that is going on by both Islamists and Evangelists in Nepal.

On the social media front the vote for Modi group (320k) on Facebook seems to be doing pretty well in attracting new members as well as spreading some of the issues as above. We also have a Vote for Yogi group (100k) that we are trying to push. I have just opened up another Ram Mandir supporters group as well, (2k members) that I hope will slowly kickstart. Please take a look and see if you can find them and join them as well.

So a lot of issues that we are trying to address and take on from a really pro Hindu perspective. A lot of these videos I feel will take a lot of bandwidth by posting here and so I'll just post a link to the channel as well. Please subscribe and you'll get notifications and all of the videos as soon as we push them out. Of course always awaiting any feedback if you guys have any.

www.youtube.com/c/indiaaware

www.India-Aware.com

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:31 am

jawed jabib is a page 3 regular and a celebrity hairstylist

his dad or grand dad was banditji's barber.

twitter

When a hairstylist joins BJP.........

Effect of Jawed Habib joining BJP.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:22 am

S Gurumurthy @sgurumurthy Apr 21

Very explosive FB post. If what he says is true the conspirators should be brought to book. In the case of the precious CJI also conspirators and weakened him which distorted judicial decisions later. It should not be allowed to happen now.
https://www.facebook.com/utsavbains/pos ... 5579503771

https://www.facebook.com/utsavbains/pos ... 5579503771

Utsav Bains

20 April at 06:20 ·

I was offered bribe to help frame CJI in the sexual harassment case by lawyering and organising a Press Conference against the CJI for the Ex SC staffer who has accused the CJI of sexual harassment just a few days back and also specifically asked to organise a press conference only at the Press Club of India.

When I refused the person who was initially praising my pro bono work in the Asaram Rape case for the victim etc and interestingly claimed to be her relative but on the other hand looked like a trained agent and he also couldn’t satisfactorily reply as to what was his relationship with the Ex SC Staffer and then suddenly offered me 50 lacs as my legal fees if I agreed to lawyer and again he asked me specifically to organise a press conference at the PCI after I refused as I found the story facts fishy and also he couldn’t reply to any question about the many loopholes in the story he narrated. When I again refused he said 1.5 Cr. I then asked him to leave my office.

I then enquired more about this issue from reliable sources in Delhi for days, every information pointed to a larger conspiracy to make the CJI resign and kingpin of which are many Delhi based SC fixers or those who engage in cash for Judgements.

I was convinced about a well planned conspiracy after days of getting such credible information.

I then finally went to CJI residence yesterday evening to inform him about the bribe offer and the conspiracy, around 7 pm. But his staff said he’s not at his residence. My CDR tower location details can be checked.

Later at night I then called a SC reporter with impeccable proven integrity to meet me today for an important subject and also asked him if he could arrange a urgent meeting or get a message sent to the CJI asap. I had also today morning planned to meet Prashant Bhushan Sir and Kamini Jaiswal maam about this.

But then today morning my perception turned out to be true.

After hours of ponder and soul searching, I have decided to speak the truth and file a detailed affidavit in this regard in the SC along with evidences of the conspiracy against the CJI by a lobby of disgruntled judges, SC fixers, corporate scamsters and a few corrupt Politicians - All who have meticulously planned the conspiracy to force the CJI to resign as their ‘Corrupt works were not going through in SC‘

After today I will not be appearing in any case in the court of the CJI. Also, I have never personally interacted with the CJI or anyone close to him, my electronic records etc are open to any independent scrutiny. I will leave legal practice if anyone can prove that I have associated or even interacted with CJI outside the Court room ever. As a matter of principle I don’t butter or bootlick judges.

I was stopped to go public by some senior wellwishers and told that lobby of judges who is planning this conspiracy will turn against me and harm me professionally. But my conscious doesn’t allow me to turn my face away and let history record today’s day as the darkest day in the history of SC.

I moved to Delhi from Chandigarh as I refused to be institutionalised in judicial nepotism. My grandfather is a retired HC judge who appointed many HC judges and father a senior lawyer, many of his friends or my family friends are HC Judges at PB HRY HC - Precisely the reason why I moved to lawyer in Delhi.

In SC until now I have only associated in SC with the likes of Prashant Bhushan and Kamini Jaiswal and with Anupam Gupta in PB HRY HC, all who are known for standing against financially corrupt and morally corrupt judges and against judicial nepotism, fearlessly.

I have till date never associated with any kin or kith of SC judges as principle of having a clean legal practice and refusing to be institutionalised in nepotism or be a member of the uncle judges young lawyer club.

Regards
Utsav Singh Bains
(Excuse typos typed on phone)

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:45 am

Presstitutes, paid media and the return of NIRA RADIA!

No doubts left, not even the cursory figleaf.

Poor lootyens media is now compelled to do dalali openly. They are requesting to please form an alliance or their free tours, undeserving Padma shri all will be stopped

This is the disadvantage as well as the peril of being foisted on the governing body of Kamala Nehru College, a handsomely paid post, by khujliwal,. she is now obliged to play peacemaker to AAP, whether you like it or not, as a "Neutral Patrakaar".

Saba Naqvi Verified account @_sabanaqvi

Dear @RahulGandhi it would be best for you and @ArvindKejriwal to sit across table, shake hands and announce alliance. Please take his calls as he is an elected chief minister...the people of Delhi deserve all your best behaviour. #aapcongressalliance

11:26 AM - 15 Apr 2019

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:49 am

twitter

Priya Dutt campaigns with Ssnjay Dutt a convicted terror supporter--But all liberals at @CNNnews18 @IndiaToday @ndtv are silent--Terror is reserved to accuse sadhvi only @HinduSannyasin --what hypocrisy

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:38 pm

no mention of Hindus anywhere.

why a special manifesto only for these guys??

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:54 pm

twitter
A voter from TVM. Teeka Ram Meena is clueless about such innovative campaign techniques

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:16 pm

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:36 pm

please also run a twitter handle to automatically tweet articles as they are uploaded on the site. pretty sure you can buy such services too.
makes it much easier to access

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Dr Praveen Patil @5Forty3 3 minutes ago

At the end of Phase 3 we are now sure 2014 was not the Modi peak!

Kumar
BGR Member

Post by Kumar » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:15 pm

post from ex co-founder of 543 labs..

https://twitter.com/AgentSaffron/status ... 4288694272

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:25 pm

javed akthar and his wife shabana, prakash raj and other such "eminences" including other filth and dregs from the naxal tukde tukde gang have campaigned for this slimy dishonest guy. I wondered what their connection was to this shitty little twit and here is the kicker and this twit is as dynastic as they come

twitter
So Bhumihar Kanhaiyya Kumar is from an old Congress (I) - CPIM political family.

Now, it's clear why his actual background is being hidden, & why this no-talent is being pushed down the throats of unwilling voters by rich, Upper Caste, nepotist Lefties.

He's one of them!!

Vivek @Bharat_Putra Apr 22

कन्हैया कुमार कौन है ?
कन्हैया कुमार एक भूमिहार ब्राह्मण है |
उसके दादा राम चरिता सिंह बिहार में मिनिस्टर थे ,वे कांग्रेस पार्टी से थे , उसके चाचा चंद्र शेखर सिंह तेघरा से MLA थे और बिहार govt में मिनिस्टर भी थे | पूरा खानदान CPI पार्टी से जुड़ा हुआ है |https://www.facebook.com/vivek.pandey.A ... 6350858973

6 replies 58 retweets 43 likes
Vivek @Bharat_Putra

Who is Kanhaiya Kumar ?
He is a bhumihar brahmin.Ram Charitra Singh Grandfather was MLA from Congress Party and a Minister.Chandrasekhar Singh his Uncle the Father of Communism in Begusarai was minister and MLA from Teghra Constituency . #RahulApologizes #BharatBoleNaMoNaMo

7:59 AM - 22 Apr 2019

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:52 am

Seems like a free for all in the SL govt circles.

The outlines of a conspiracy for a regime change are emerging

Seems like the Modi Govt dodged a bullet by going immediately going public with the news that they had passed on actionable intel with multiple updates to the SL authorities starting weeks before the terror strike

Sri Lankan top officials deliberately withheld intelligence information on Easter attacks, minister tells Parliament

Sri Lankan top officials deliberately withheld intelligence information on Easter attacks, minister tells Parliament

Apr 24, 2019

Senior officials deliberately withheld intelligence about possible attacks on Sri Lanka, where a rash of suicide bombings on Easter Sunday killed at least 359 people, the leader of parliament said on Wednesday.

Sri Lankan top officials deliberately withheld intelligence information on Easter attacks, minister tells Parliament. A series of bomb blasts rocked Sri Lanka on Sunday.

"Some top intelligence officials hid the intelligence information purposefully. Information was there, but the top brass security officials did not take appropriate actions," Lakshman Kiriella, who is also minister of public enterprise, told Parliament.

He said information on possible suicide attacks on churches, hotels and politicians were received from Indian intelligence on 4 April and a Security Council meeting was chaired by President Maithripala Sirisena on 7 April, but the information was not shared more widely.

"Somebody is controlling these top intelligence officials," the minister said. "The Security Council is doing politics. We need to investigate into this."

Separately, Sarath Fonseka, former army chief and minister of regional development, told parliament he believed the attacks "must have been planned for at least 7-8 years."

Earlier, Sirisena had also said he was not informed about the warnings intelligence officials had received regarding the apparent threat to churches before the deadly blasts.

Sirisena, who is also the defence and law and order minister of Sri Lanka, said on a national televised address that State intelligence agencies did not pass on the information they had received. "If they had done so, I would have taken immediate action. I have decided to take strict action against those who failed in their duty," he was quoted as saying by The Hindu.

Sri Lankan junior defence minister Ruwan Wijewardene, on Wednesday, acknowledged that intelligence inputs not being shared with the president was "a major lapse".

In the same nationwide address, the president said he will initiate a complete rejig of the security forces and the police under his control in the coming days, including key leadership changes in "24 hours". He vowed a major shake-up of the military's top brass in the wake of the deadly Easter suicide bombings, after the government admitted warnings were ignored.

Kumar
BGR Member

Post by Kumar » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:07 pm

Because of Sabarimala issue, high turnout of women voters in thiruvanathapuram, pathanthitta, thrissur which may help BJP

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:33 pm

good riddance.

BJP MP Udit Raj joins Congress after being denied Lok Sabha ticket from Delhi, calls saffron party 'anti-Dalit'

The former BJP MP had often held views contrary to the party's stand, especially during the Sabarimala issue and 'Bharat Bandh' called by Dalit organisations in 2018.

Earlier in April, he was at the centre of controversy after being caught in a sting done on several MPs, which purportedly showed lawmakers accepting use of black money for contesting polls.

Kumar
BGR Member

Post by Kumar » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:29 am

Most reports now saying that trivandrum LS seat is too close to call because of significant increase in polling where BJP is weak. It all now depends on how much BJP can get else where. Pathnamthitta is also too close to call. Thrissur is unpredictable because of late surge of film star BJP candidate.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:56 am

Can't remember the last time the GoI released such information and in so much detail about these matters. Something or some other intel input(s) is/are unpalatable and someone has got their langotes in a really tight twist either in India or SL, and the amerikis have also publicly disassociated themselves from this entire intel warning to SL snafu

Or is it simply because its election season and the Govt is sending a very very pointed message to a specific minority that this govt just saved their arses.

India sent alerts to Sri Lanka about possible terror attack after NIA probe into IS module targeting south Indian leaders

India sent alerts to Sri Lanka about possible terror attack after NIA probe into IS module targeting south Indian leaders

Apr 24, 2019

New Delhi: Intelligence inputs regarding a possible terror attack in Sri Lanka were shared by Indian agencies with their Sri Lankan counterparts earlier this month after the National Investigation Agency completed its probe into an Islamic State-inspired module planning to kill prominent leaders in South India, officials said here.

The input was sent through diplomatic channels to the island nation after a thorough investigation pertaining to the IS case in Coimbatore was carried out by the NIA, which has filed a charge sheet against seven people.

Representational image. Reuters
During investigation, the probe team had stumbled upon videos of National Thowheed Jamaat (NTJ) leader Zahran Hashim, which was indicative of a terror attack on the Indian High Commission in Colombo.

After further investigation which included cyber trailing of some of the accounts associated with the IS, the central security agencies shared an input with their Lankan counterparts about the churches being the likely target of the ISIS module, they said.

Over 350 people were killed in Sunday's serial blasts at churches and hotels. The videos, seized from the accused in the Coimbatore case, showed Hashim asking youths from Sri Lanka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala to establish an Islamic rule in the region.

The arrested accused, who have been charge-sheeted since then, include Mohamed Ashiq A, Ismail S, Samsudeen, Mohammed Salauddin S, Jafar Shadik Ali and Shahul Hameed.

The case was originally registered at B3 Variety Hall Police Station, Coimbatore City on 1 September last year and pertained to the criminal conspiracy hatched by the accused with the intention of furthering the objectives of the proscribed terrorist organisation IS by targeting Hindu leaders and activists, who are critical of religious terrorism.

The NIA investigation showed that the arrested persons had got radicalised on the violent extremist ideology of the IS and they had been propagating the same ideology over the social media.

With the intention of furthering the objectives of the terrorist organisation IS in India, the accused had organized themselves into a terrorist gang in June 2018 and conspired to further the activities of the group by carrying out terrorist attacks targeting persons critical of the proscribed terrorist organisation and its violent extremism ideology.

The accused in Coimbatore case were in touch with Hashim for being enrolled in the IS terror group. Though the investigation in the case are complete, the officials did not rule out the possibility of questioning all the six accused again in case some evidence suggested that they had any knowledge about the blasts in Sri Lanka

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:22 am

This is some very innovative example of management by objectives or is it bata management(size 10)??

Amarinder Singh says Punjab ministers will lose cabinet berth if they fail to win in respective Lok Sabha seats

Chandigarh: Congress ministers in Punjab will be dropped from the cabinet if they fail to ensure victory of party candidates in their constituencies during the Lok Sabha election, Chief Minister Amarinder Singh said on Wednesday.

Besides, legislators will not be given tickets in the next assembly polls if they are unable to ensure victory of party candidates in their constituencies, he said. The warning came despite the ruling party exuding confidence that it would win all the 13 Lok Sabha seats in Punjab.

The party has also made the criteria for allotment of chairmanships of various board more stringent. Toughening its stance, the Congress has decided that such chairmanships will be allotted on the basis of the performance of individuals in the ongoing Lok Sabha polls.

Performance and not seniority will be the criteria determining their eligibility for boards and corporations, Singh said. The chief minister said the objective behind these decisions was to promote a performance-based culture in the party.

ps it is bata management(size 10).

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:41 am

chetak wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:33 pm
good riddance.

BJP MP Udit Raj joins Congress after being denied Lok Sabha ticket from Delhi, calls saffron party 'anti-Dalit'

The former BJP MP had often held views contrary to the party's stand, especially during the Sabarimala issue and 'Bharat Bandh' called by Dalit organisations in 2018.

Earlier in April, he was at the centre of controversy after being caught in a sting done on several MPs, which purportedly showed lawmakers accepting use of black money for contesting polls.

BJP fields another Dalit from North West Delhi, disgruntled leader who joined Congress calls BJP anti-Dalit

After being denied ticket from the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) for the Delhi North West constituency, Udit Raj joined Congress Party today in the presence of Congress President Rahul Gandhi. During the media briefing, Raj said that he wanted to join Congress since 2012.

Congress President @RahulGandhi welcomes Shri Udit Raj into the Congress party.

A miffed Raj while addressing the media after joining the Congress accused the BJP of being anti-Dalit. “BJP is an anti-Dalit group which uses internal surveys to choose its candidate”, he said.
पार्टी क्यों नहीं टिकट दे रही। मैंने इतना अच्छा काम किया है। पार्टी क्या दलित विरोधी है? पूरे देश में मुझसे बड़ा दलित नेता कौन है। जितने इनके कैंडिडेट लड़ रहे हैं, उनके जितनी मेरे अकेले की ताकत है : @Dr_Uditraj, #BJP सांसद pic.twitter.com/PFFcvJ6rD7

— NBT Dilli (@NBTDilli) April 22, 2019
Raj removed the prefix Chowkidar from his Twitter handle soon after joining the Congress. He said he would snatch at least 10-15 seats from the BJP. “I was one of the best performing MPs for BJP, I was a popular figure. But I was accused of influencing Dalits. I will snatch at least 10-15 seats from BJP now”.

Although Udit Raj has accused BJP of being anti-Dali for denying him the ticket, the fact is that Delhi North West is a reserved constituency for SCs. Which means an upper caste candidate can’t contest from this seat. In place of Udit Raj, BJP has fielded singer Hans Raj Hans, who is also a Dalit. Hans Raj Hans belongs to the Valmiki community, which is recognised as a Scheduled Caste.

Raj had earlier threatened to quit the party if he was denied ticket by the party.
I am waiting for ticket if not given to me I will do good bye to party

— Dr. Udit Raj, MP (@Dr_Uditraj) April 23, 2019
He had tweeted: “I am waiting for ticket if not given to me I will do good bye to party”. Raj had merged his Justice Party with BJP back in 2014 and had successfully contested for North West Delhi.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:53 am

After getting Bangladeshi actors to campaign, Mamata’s TMC caught running ads in Bangladesh appealing for votes

After getting Bangladeshi actors to campaign, Mamata’s TMC caught running ads in Bangladesh appealing for votes

Earlier this month, two Bangladeshi actors were found campaigning for Mamata's TMC candidates for the ongoing general elections

OPINDIA STAFF, APRIL 25, 2019

West Bengal Chief Minister and TMC chief Mamata Banerjee.

Mamata Banerjee led Trinamool Congress was caught running ads appealing for votes in Bangladesh on Facebook.

https://youtu.be/ZnT8mQ8MNo8

As seen in the above video, when you click on the ‘info and ads’ on the official Facebook page of Mamata Banerjee led TMC, you could see the countries where TMC is running ads during the ongoing general elections. The drop-down menu gives two countries as an option, meaning, TMC is running ads in the two countries. The first country is India which is understandable because the elections are being held in India. The second option, however, is Bangladesh, the neighboring country West Bengal shares its porous wall with.

Mamata’s TMC is running as many as 13 ads on Facebook, including an ad where Mamata is appealing to people in Krishnanagar Lok Sabha constituency to vote for TMC in the ongoing elections. Why is Mamata appealing for votes in Bangladesh via Facebook is anybody’s guess because last we checked, only Indian citizens could vote in Indian elections.

The West Bengal Chief Minister appealing for votes in Bangladesh was also pointed out by other Twitter users. Surprisingly, when OpIndia team tried searching for the same on a mobile phone, it threw up a message that TMC is running no ad in Bangladesh.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:24 am

An acrid and a very bitter burnol moment for the presstitutes when all that the "press(titutes)" really wanted was a kodak moment with Modi in which the presstitutes were the stars and were seen as bravely and courageously "speaking truth to power".

Modi remains a master puppeteer running rings around the presstitutes and paid media and this was undoubtedly a major snub

Narendra Modi's interview to Akshay Kumar is as much smart strategy as a snub to the media

Narendra Modi's interview to Akshay Kumar is as much smart strategy as a snub to the media

Bikram Vohra, Apr 25, 2019

On Wednesday, I watched Prime Minister Narendra Modi being interviewed by actor Akshay Kumar in largely bucolic surroundings. My first reaction was one of surprise that an actor was ploughing the fourth estate. That too mid election.

Of the thousands of Indian journalists, wasn't there one of stature and standing to interview the prime minister at this juncture that he would choose to talk to an actor instead?

Have we so lost our way that Modi can choose a celebrity to do our work? No one from the ranks of the media even thinks it is worth commenting upon or find annoying.

Narendra Modis interview to Akshay Kumar is as much smart strategy as a snub to the media

Narendra Modi's interview to Akshay Kumar.

The more I thought about the flaccid response and the obvious lack of frames in the hall of fame of the news world, as well as the fact that for so long, we have been preoccupied in letting each other down, I realised we had destroyed the general respect and admiration our profession enjoyed not so long ago.

We no longer care about each other as a fraternity, why would anyone care about us?

Was Modi employing a strategic move, or was the snub deliberate and a way to show genial contempt for the media and the manner in which it covers the news, the element of fake news having eroded not just the credibility of content but also the individual peddling it.

If President of the United States Donald Trump has an inimical relationship with the media and the hostility is unremitting, perhaps the Prime Minister of India has also begun to feel that every time he gives a one-on-one interview, the questioner becomes aggressive and shifts the focus onto shame and scandal rather than achievement. By the same token, the other side become docile and meek, overawed in his presence. As a result, the message he wishes to send out, be it right or wrong, does not find traction.

So Modi does not go for glamour. Instead, he chose an actor who is closely associated with initiatives that are dear to the government's agenda. Between toilets and sanitary napkins and the promotion of rural hygiene and sanitation, Akshay Kumar has become the squeaky clean face of that revolution.

As he sits with the prime minister in front of an orchestrated, gently-panned camera, creating the ambience of tranquility, laughter of the happy kind, with tea for two in an idyllic lawn, the eyeballs he attracts are far more than of some shrill pundits of the press who would have been more intent on marketing themselves than conducting a meaningful interview.

We must ask ourselves: have we become redundant? Trump is still loud and vitriolic and bad mouths the media at every opportunity. Modi, on the other hand, has been smart enough to do none of that, using his weapon of silence to simply sidestep the media and find other options to package himself.

There is no doubt that the placid Akshay interview was a hit and completely sidesteps the media's sworn duty to question, question and question those in power. Somewhere, those questions were hijacked. Leaders in the industry must realise that until this lost credibility is redeemed by good, strong journalism, surrogates will be easily found, and we will tamely report it.

The saddest part is that as we hurtle down the path of self-destruction, no one cares enough to say, "Hey, wait a minute. Why is this film star doing our job?"

As a journalist for 50 years I would go to any lengths to get a one-on-one with a prime minister like Akshay Kumar did.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:41 am

Sri Lankan bombers unmasked amid intel fiasco

Sri Lanka Bombings ISIS

April 24, 2019

Sri Lankan bombers unmasked amid intel fiasco

This image, from a release issued on April 23 by Islamic State (IS)’s propaganda agency Amaq, allegedly shows men who carried out a string of suicide blasts on Easter Sunday in Sri Lanka. The man in the center is believed to be Zahran Hashim, the NTJ leader.
Sri Lankan bombers unmasked amid ‘intel fiasco’

Panel set up to explain why local intelligence chiefs failed to act on detailed alerts from India

Three days after the bomb attacks in Sri Lanka that killed more than 350 people, investigators have come up with names of at least three suicide bombers – and a plot that stretches from Afghanistan to India and Bangladesh.

The attack has been claimed the Islamic State (ISIS), which posted videos of the suicide bombers swearing their bayat (allegiance) to ISIS on their official news channel, Amaq.

Intelligence sources say that Zahran Hashim was the key conspirator and lead bomber in the attacks. They have also identified Imsath Ahmed Ibrahim and his younger brother Ilham as two of the other suicide bombers.

They are still trying to identify the other suicide bombers who participated in the coordinated attacks on three churches and three hotels in Colombo and other cities on Easter Sunday.

Zahran Hashim’s name figured in an investigation carried out by India’s National Investigation Agency (NIA), when they were looking into ISIS activities in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The state has historical linkages with Sri Lanka, which has a 16% Tamil minority population.

Interrogation of one of the ISIS “sympathizers” in September and December last year led investigators to Zahran Hashim. After months of work, India passed on their findings to Sri Lankan intelligence officials on April 4 and 11, just before the attacks.

The failure of intelligence officials to act promptly and responsibly on those warnings – and alert the prime minister and cabinet – is now the subject of serious scrutiny. Zahran Hashim and other National Thowheeth Jama’ath members had been under close watch. Officials in both countries reportedly knew that NTJ had been stockpiling weapons and detonators and that Hashim and his close followers were plotting suicide attacks on churches.

But the Indian warnings were only shared with police in charge of “VIP security,” according to a New York Times report, which noted that President Maithripala Sirisena, who is in charge of security affairs and has been feuding with Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, had failed to provide “any satisfying answers about why security services did not do more to thwart the bombers.” Sirisena has appointed a committee to shine some light on those issues.
From Kerala to the Af-Pak border

In July 2016 Indian authorities reported that a number of young men and women had disappeared from the south Indian state of Kerala. This group, numbering 21 men and women, were believed to have been radicalized by Islamic State and sent to Nangarhar in Afghanistan to join an affiliate known as the Islamic State-Khorasan Province (IS-KP).

The IS-KP has been active in India’s southern states, plus Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Maldives. It was initially headed by a Pakistani who was part of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), the umbrella organization of Islamic militants in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province near the Afghan border.

Some of the radicals from Kerala were believed to have been killed in an air strike by the US Air Force, while Indian intelligence officials worked with their Afghan counterparts to send others back home. In the middle of last year, three of the men returned to India and were arrested as soon as they landed. One of them, identified as “Basit,” told Indian investigators of an ISIS module working out of Coimbatore, a small town in the state of Tamil Nadu. In September the NIA raided several places based on revelations from “Basit.”

By December, the NIA had found links between the Coimbatore group and Hashim in Sri Lanka. They also recovered compact discs that had Hashim’s speeches, as well as call records going back and forth between Hashim and IS cadres in Bangladesh and Afghanistan.

The NIA also arrested six men, who shared more information on Hashim. India passed on these revelations to Sri Lankan authorities this month. Wickremesinghe told Indian news channel NDTV that they had received this intelligence. “India gave us the intelligence but there has been a lapse on how we acted on that … intelligence was not conveyed down the line,” he told NDTV.

The foot soldiers

Investigators have also located a copper factory where the bombs were assembled. They suspect that local materials were utilized to create explosives out of TATP (triacetone triperoxide). The owner of the copper factory, Inshaf Ahmed, is believed to be one of the suicide bombers, but that is yet to be confirmed.

All of the bombers are thought to have been associated with a local Muslim activist group called the National Thoweeth Jama’ath (NTJ) and acted as the foot soldiers of an “international network.” Indian investigators also found links to the NTJ while investigating another ISIS cell in Madurai, another city in Tamil Nadu.

Muslim residents in Kochchikade in Colombo, where one of the bombs exploded, have described the NTJ as a radical group with a different set of beliefs from theirs. Kochchikade, close to the port in the north of the capital, was where the first bomb went off at a Catholic church during mass on Sunday morning.

K M Akram, a resident of the area, told Asia Times that the Muslim community in Kochchikade were traditionalists. “We belong to the Tabliq Jama’ath [religious gathering, a non-political movement]. Our beliefs are different from these so-called members of the NTJ. They have made many attempts to come into our community, but they have failed. We do not trust them and they know they cannot break us apart from this community. Right now, even after the church attack, we are close to the families of the victims. We have helped the church and will continue to do so.”

Many others in the community believe that the NTJ is a small group of individuals with extremist beliefs. The shared sentiment of those in the Kochchikade area was that no such group is allowed in.

While relatively unknown, there were certain occasions where the group made headlines. A supposed secretary, Abdul Razik, of the group was arrested in 2016 for inciting sectarian violence. He was later released.

On Tuesday, Defense Minister Ruwan Wijewardene told a special session of Parliament that the motive behind the Easter Sunday attacks was to retaliate for the attack on Muslims in mosques in New Zealand a month ago.

“The preliminary investigations have revealed that what happened in Sri Lanka [on Sunday] was in retaliation for the attack against Muslims in Christchurch,” Wijewardene told Parliament.

While ISIS has not confirmed a connection to the massacre in New Zealand, it was noted that Sri Lankan Christians were part of a coalition led by the US against Muslims. Indian security officials believe that Sri Lanka was chosen because it is a “soft target.”

Mother of Satan’ explosive used in Sri Lanka bombings

The ISIS-directed terrorists in Sri Lanka used an explosive highly favored by terrorists called TATP

Sri Lanka’s suicide bombers are thought to have used TATP, chemically known as triacetone triperoxide, an explosive made from commonly available household ingredients including nail polish remover – acetone – and hydrogen peroxide.

The eight or more suicide bombers in Sri Lanka must have purchased large amounts of these two ingredients, yet despite being on the police “radar screen,” no one picked it up. According to news reports, it is suspected they made the stuff in a copper factory in Wellampitiya, a suburb of Colombo.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:53 am

Kanchan Gupta Verified account @KanchanGupta

"You want me to believe that a political alliance with MIM of Asaduddin Owaisi and Muslim League is secular, and BJP is communal?" ~ Arif Mohammed Khan on secularism and politics. #LokSabhaElections2019

7:38 PM - 23 Apr 2019