The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Sachin
BGR Oldie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by Sachin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:05 pm

chetak wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:06 pm
‘Design and Development’ of 13 India Specific Enhancements of €1.3 billion ‘non-recurring’ cost will be the same whether you order 1, 36, 126, 500 or 3000 aircraft.
Thanks. So this again is just saying the same stories again and again, and hoping that some of these lies would stick in people's mind. But all said and done at least during the election campaign time Modi & Co should come up with some good news on defence scams of Congress. May be Augusta Westland case?

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:15 pm

Supratik wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:47 pm
Congress to launch Harvest TV through its proxies.

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/with-bark ... epublic-tv
What is this channel going to provide that NDTV, India Today or umpteen other channels already do not provide the congress?

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:53 pm

It seems that KCR, Jagan, Pattnaik did not attend the opposition meet in Kolkata. They are likely to keep their options open.

Report leaking from WB suggests that discontent is brewing which may get reflected in the elections.

Sachin, don't know but a few of their cronies have been in the wilderness. It gives them a job and more propaganda. Perhaps they feel that existing channels are not doing enough against Republic TV, Zee TV, Timesnow, IndiaTV, etc.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:01 pm

Supratik wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:53 pm
Report leaking from WB suggests that discontent is brewing which may get reflected in the elections.
Discontent among whom ? In the TMC ? In the so-called "united opposition"? Or in PJB ? Bliss to elaporate.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:22 pm

Discontent in the population which is also getting reflected in the TMC as leaders have started jumping parties. Why should a sitting TMC MP join BJP if things were easy for Mamata? Why block BJP's rathyatra if you are so sure. Plus ground report from minor Bengali media and discussions with relatives. People are unhappy with the CPIM-style rigging in the panchayat election. Nothing much is happening on the economic front to distinguish the TMC from the Left although much more work has been done. Plus corruption and goonda-giri. There is significant anti-incumbency. Except the leftists there is not much anti-Modi feeling. I will not be surprised if WB surprises everyone this election.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:44 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:15 pm
Supratik wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:47 pm
Congress to launch Harvest TV through its proxies.

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/with-bark ... epublic-tv
What is this channel going to provide that NDTV, India Today or umpteen other channels already do not provide the congress?

isn't this channel going to have that dehati aurat burka butt??

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:57 pm

I once had a lot of respect for Chandan Mitra, but now disgusted at what a turncoat he has become. Recall he was part of BJP and now a mouthpiece of MamtaJihadi and if thugbandhan wins, a slave of Pappu. When told that the thugbandhan gahered in Kolkatta were a bunch corrupt opportunists ought to save their asses, he said Rafale is the biggest defense corruption scam in independent India's history. Wow, these guys are hell bent on manufacturing the corruption tag to ModiJi by hook or crook or else they have no leg to stand on.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:30 am

They are trying to hit two birds in one stone:

1. Money has changed hands from EADS to Famiglia to move this deal to Eurofighter. Famiglia might be under pressure to either consummate the deal or return the money. So, it has to be scuttled. The more this does not work, the more desperate they are getting.

2. Follow the Goebbelsian model to make aam aadmi believe that Modi is corrupt. This is actually working well. Even well-educated people are just accepting the charges out of sheer fatigue. When so much media noise is made about corruption, it's got to be true, right?

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:52 am

SSundar wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:30 am
ey. So, it has to be scuttled. The more this does not work, the more desperate they are getting.

2. Follow the Goebbelsian model to make aam aadmi believe that Modi is corrupt. This is actually working well. Even well-educated people are just accepting the charges out of sheer fatigue. When so much media noise is made about corruption, it's got to be true, right?
Any opinion polls to gauge public sentiment on this?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:33 am

twitter
Just add the first character of the #Mahathugbandhan's member and see the result...

"RAM NAM SATYA" hai...

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:44 am

crams wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:52 am
Any opinion polls to gauge public sentiment on this?
Everything doesn't need a poll. Speaking to people at work, on the street, vendors, etc will tell you that Modi is losing the perception game big time.

His constant silence and expectation of the nationalists to blow his trumpet means that the lies are doing their job.

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:45 am

Question is, how does Modi counter the propaganda? There have been various folks including good defence journalists who have torn down the Rafale deal to prove no wrong doing. Of course, tearing down involves going in to deep financial & technical issues which makes already a complex deal seem even more complex & uninteresting...need to find a simple way to drill down the above in to mango folks and NaMo & along with others should bring this up wherever & whenever possible to create volumes of truth.

Of course it does not help that most media personalities & their channels are anti-BJP and thus give more air time/exposure to anything which can hamper BJP's chances of returning back to power.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:50 am

He needs to speak, and not in rallies.. to the media, to the people.. most middle class will not attend any rallies, it's mainly the freebie crowd who does.

Also half of those crowds are not real either. They are paid and bussed in.. I've seen it myself. Heck, during the 2008 KA elections, I was part of the team that helped bus them in.

Modi feels his work speaks for itself, and it would if we had an intelligent population. But in India everything that is worth anything is credited to whoever shouts the loudest. Even things like swach Bharat is being hijacked by the state govt to get credit. So Modi needs to let his voice be heard.

When he was elected, Modi said 4 years development and 1 year politics.. but 4.5 years on, I'm still waiting for the politics.. like congoons, Modi should have bought the media as well.. and please don't bother telling me that BJP is incapable of doing it.. I deal with them and they are all very similar.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:41 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:44 am

Everything doesn't need a poll. Speaking to people at work, on the street, vendors, etc will tell you that Modi is losing the perception game big time.

His constant silence and expectation of the nationalists to blow his trumpet means that the lies are doing their job.
I just got back from Bangalore on a 2-week trip. I did my own sampling, and I did not find any overwhelming anti-Modi sentiment, matter of fact there was effusive praise from the most people I spoke on ModiJi's honesty, ad that he needs more time. When I raised Rafale, either there was a yawn or at worst a few of my die-hard ModiJi haters will cite the usual propaganda.

Till recently, everybody was saying govt didn't speak. Then Raksha mantri Nirmala SeetharamanJi did a marathon session in parliament and answered every question, but that wasn't enough. Supreme court delivered its verdict. I mean what more can govt do against a determined opposition wanting to raise a stink no matter what. As I told you above, thugbandhan and ModiJi haters are convinced that unless a cloud of corruption hangs over ModiJi's shoulders, end of the day, he will be hard to beat. Thats why I ask if their Rafale gambit is paying off.

I have read enough about Rafale to conclude my central thesis: Air force wanted the jets badly, India was coming under dual TSP Chincom threat, and ModiJi would leave no stone unturned to prop up India's defenses. In the process, he did what he could and entered into this complex deal. All charges of corruption are BS. One can quibble if an extra payment/cost was worth it, and may be a debate along those lines is justified. But If in fact ModiJi loses in 2019 due to the perception that he was corrupt on Rafale, it will be biggest Gobblesian propaganda victory ever achieved over a lie.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:46 pm

Supratik wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:22 pm
Discontent in the population which is also getting reflected in the TMC as leaders have started jumping parties. Why should a sitting TMC MP join BJP if things were easy for Mamata? Why block BJP's rathyatra if you are so sure. Plus ground report from minor Bengali media and discussions with relatives. People are unhappy with the CPIM-style rigging in the panchayat election. Nothing much is happening on the economic front to distinguish the TMC from the Left although much more work has been done. Plus corruption and goonda-giri. There is significant anti-incumbency. Except the leftists there is not much anti-Modi feeling. I will not be surprised if WB surprises everyone this election.
Thanks for the info. I was watching some of the footage of the thugfest in Kolkata...it seemed to me that more than 1 out of 2 people in the crowd was a "green". More than the leftists, I would imagine it is the "green" votebank of Didi that is anti-Modi.

Earlier I felt that Didi and Chandranna would both be able to mount a significant challenge...right now it seems it is only Didi of the two. Chandranna is being decimated due to his misdeeds and may suffer a massive double wipeout in May (both VS and LS).

Considering the saffron surge in WB, the TMC may lose its current numbers in LS. Congis may still be the second largest party and DMK may end up third largest.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:48 pm

This is a really good speech by NaMo to the film industry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2q8b_qdjiA

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:08 pm

Poltoo drama continues in KA:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 607369.cms

Meanwhile Congis have started physically fighting with each other in whatever bumfawk resort they are at:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 610915.cms

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:12 pm

Dubeyji, one good thing about WB is that there is no caste politics and no caste vote bank. Bengali Hindus are divided between what we call seku-maku
(secular and marxists) and non-seku-maku. The non-seku-maku are now the majority although they fell under the sway of leftists for close to 40 years. But that is history. Mamata's Hindu vote is largely non-seku-maku. If she moves too much towards green this vote is going to migrate to the BJP. Hindus are still 70% of the pop. So any large exodus will lead to a sweep. Without alliance I expect the Cong vote to be below 5%, Left vote to be about 15%. So it is a straight fight between TMC and BJP.

Except leftists I am not seeing any traction of Rafale on my relatives and friends. It is the illiterate and semi-literate who are the target of the Rafale propaganda. If they can show Modi bhi chor hai then all are equal. So they will ask this section what is the benefit of voting Modi if he is also a chor. The target is not the middle class who will know that the SC has rejected the Rafale "scam".

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:46 pm

crams wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:57 pm
I once had a lot of respect for Chandan Mitra, but now disgusted at what a turncoat he has become. Recall he was part of BJP and now a mouthpiece of MamtaJihadi and if thugbandhan wins, a slave of Pappu. When told that the thugbandhan gahered in Kolkatta were a bunch corrupt opportunists ought to save their asses, he said Rafale is the biggest defense corruption scam in independent India's history. Wow, these guys are hell bent on manufacturing the corruption tag to ModiJi by hook or crook or else they have no leg to stand on.
swapan dasgupta wanted to become high commissioner to Britain but I think that it was a bridge too far.

Chandan Mitra must have also had some such "minor" demands of his own. the guy owns/controls the pioneer newspaper and has many advantages from the BJP. It is ungrateful, greedy and disloyal of him to aspire for anything more, especially after two RS terms from the BJP. mamta begum will squeeze him dry and cast him out when he has nothing more to give.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:40 pm

These are Lutyens elements belonging to the Advani camp who ran NDA1 like C-system. First, they did not like that Modi took over as candidate from Advani in 2014 and despite Advani opposition. They thought like C-system they will get perks and priviledges once Modi won 2014. They are unable to adjust to Modi's style which basically sees governance as a professional job.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Among all the complaints against ModiJi, the one that gets some traction with me is his abhorrence to hold no holes bar press conferences and take questions head on. With his wit, sarcasm, and ability to communicate his ideas, I am pretty sure he will take the likes of Turdesai to the cleaners. Why he doesn't do that beats me.

In fact, like his New Year interview, with a couple of press conferences, he can reach the middle class through TV channels, and set the record straight. Of course, there is the danger that if he says 'a', Pappu and his media slaves like Undy, Scroll, Print, PakiExpress, ToILet, PakistanTimes etc will spin it as -ve Inf * 'a', but I think TmesNow, Zee, and Dorkie etc could drown that out with +ve Inf * 'a' :-). Also, he could hammer Rafale allegations out of the park. But instead as JohnTitor mentions, he chooses to address these useless rallies and hits out in an echo chamber.

Also, I ask some ModiJi hater friends of mine, to name one policy prescription from Pappu instead of his usual barking to anything ModiJi says or does, and they can't. Chetan Bhagat has some advice on the coming budget. Some of them make sense to me

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blo ... ebruary-1/

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:02 pm

chetak wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:46 pm

Chandan Mitra must have also had some such "minor" demands of his own. the guy owns/controls the pioneer newspaper and has many advantages from the BJP. It is ungrateful, greedy and disloyal of him to aspire for anything more, especially after two RS terms from the BJP. mamta begum will squeeze him dry and cast him out when he has nothing more to give.
Indeed. I haven't followed Pioneer since he betrayed BJP, just wondering if they have changed their tune post his sucking up to Jihadi Mamta.

When I listened to him, his litany of complaints included the usual Lutyen mafia propaganda: 'ModiJi/Amit Shah are dictators', changing the 'idea of India', 'against liberal values enshrined in the constitutions', "siding with gau rakshskas running amuck' etc etc.

Sunny
BGR Newbie

Post by Sunny » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:08 pm

Why hasn't Shatru Singha been expelled from the party?

He repeatedly sides with anti BJP forces and criticises the PM and government.

Some criticism, even openly, is fine - but to do it every other month over a period of 2-3 years?

Despite warning from party, Shatrughan Sinha fires fresh salvo at BJP, says 'Kolkata rally was aimed at saving democracy'
Sinha has come under the BJP scanner for attending the mega Opposition rally in Kolkata on Saturday.
http://zeenews.india.com/india/despite- ... 72456.html

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:39 pm

I think most middle class will see them as turncoats the more they talk.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Sunny wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:08 pm
Why hasn't Shatru Singha been expelled from the party?
I think the best punishment for this overrated "macho guy" is to be completely ignored (as he is being now) and just not being given a ticket for LS 2019. Just let his shelf life expire.

He and the likes of "the other Sinha" and Arun Sourpuss are all spoiling to have a public showdown with the leadership (including Amit and NaMo), but they are not getting it. This must be driving them crazy every day.