The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
a_bharat
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by a_bharat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:06 am

^^^
Modi's character got revealed rather quickly with his suit incident and the "Barrack"ing. This man is a self-centered simpleton. He is craving for the "World Statesman" tag. Nation comes later. Blind bhakts accounting for 90% of the posts on this forum can't see what is in plain sight.

a_bharat
BGR Newbie

Post by a_bharat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:07 am

That said, we don't have a better alternative yet.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:23 am

I don't think there is a need to go overboard. I don't agree about the suit thing.. someone who liked him gave it to him, and that's about it.. let's not go full congi about that. As far as his statesman tag is concerned, anyone even slightly neutral can see the benefits of his work.. he hasn't been sight seeing or vacationing like previous PMs.

His Paki policy is something that needs course correction, it has gone off course on more than one occasion. Perhaps there are forces acting on him we are unaware of.

But yes, blind following isn't helpful as it prevents one from seeing pitfalls.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:29 am

Hmm, Modi has his faults , but anyone who does not agree or has a different viewpoint is declared a " Blind Bhakt"- hmm where I have heard this classification and name calling before :D and he is maneuvering through a domestic and international eco system which wants to wipe him and the likes of him.

a_bharat
BGR Newbie

Post by a_bharat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:25 am

Modi is not important, the Nation is. As long as Modi works for national interests, he deserves our support.

If Modi believed his dramatic gestures (gimmicks) towards Pak would have yielded anything for India, there is no bigger fool than him. It only shows lack of clarity or strategy in dealing with Pak.

I see more and more showmanship from him rather than wise leadership. If he errs, he should be criticized instead of trying to rationalize his stupid acts.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:03 am

a_bharat wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:25 am
Modi is not important, the Nation is. As long as Modi works for national interests, he deserves our support.
So what would be the areas in which Modi worked FOR national interest, and areas in which he worked AGAINST national interest? This could be one area in which you could trigger a discussion. Especially since Lok Sabha elections are coming up next year.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:09 am

^^^ You are entitled to your views on ModiJi but your reasoning is horse manure.

Be it India's response to Kandahar hijack or to this Kartarpur ploy by TSP playing with Sikh sentiments, Indian people are more at fault than the PMs of the time. During Kandahar hijack, kith and kin of family were protesting day in and day out to give in to TSP demands including on Kashmir. So Vajpayee caved in. In this case, Kartarpur is an emotive issue with Sikhs. Guru Nanak apprently lived there. So one must understand their sentiments. And they would have gone bererk, especially with eunuchs like Sidhu stoking the fires of Kartarpur and daring ModiJi. Punjab is too sensitive a state to let it slip into instability. So ModiJi took the middle ground.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:10 am

^^^ You are entitled to your views on ModiJi but your reasoning is horse manure.

Be it India's response to Kandahar hijack or to this Kartarpur ploy by TSP playing with Sikh sentiments, Indian people are more at fault than the PMs of the time. During Kandahar hijack, kith and kin of family were protesting day in and day out to give in to TSP demands including on Kashmir. So Vajpayee caved in. In this case, Kartarpur is an emotive issue with Sikhs. Guru Nanak apprently lived there. So one must understand their sentiments. And they would have gone bererk, especially with eunuchs like Sidhu stoking the fires of Kartarpur and daring ModiJi. Punjab is too sensitive a state to let it slip into instability. So ModiJi took the middle ground.

a_bharat
BGR Newbie

Post by a_bharat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:35 am

What reasoning? I only stated my observations.

It is nonsense to compare Kandahar hijack to Kartarpur drama. A leader worth his salt would know how to handle the situation. He would not have insulted the nation by laying foundation stone on the anniversary of Mumbai attacks.

As if that is not enough, he made a reference to Berlin wall in this context.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:23 pm

I believe Modiji is truly a statesman the likes of whom we have not seen before. I am old enough to remember JLN. I doubt any other PM has had the strength of character, the charisma, popular appeal and most importantly, the courage to boldly go forward with what he believes in, which is the good of the nation. The only other person who came close was LBS who unfortunately had too short a term as PM.

We don't know as yet what pressures he works under and how he needs to balance different sides. His Pak policy may be seen as too soft by some, but he was the first one to give the army a free hand, which then led to the Surgical strikes. It may serve people well to read Nitin Gokhale's book 'Securing India the Modi Way' if you doubt his intentions and feel that the Congoons were better.

I have been a Congress supporter for most of my life. It is so ironic that the descendants of IG sold the nation down the tubes and made a mockery of our defense systems.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:07 pm

Kartarpur is to Sikhs what RJB is to Hindus. Sidhu (and Congress) dared Modi on it. This move should be seen in that context.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Brings out the British mischief in giving soo many Sikh Holi sites to Pakis, and should have recovered in 1965 or 71. If anyone truly belives in Khalistan they should ask people who don t way jatka meat to leave holy Sikh sites of Lahore, Toba Tej Singh , Khatrapur and Peshawar to leave these places immediately. Khalistan must exist but should start 30km west of Amritsar.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:23 pm

Don't mean to belittle the contribution of other groups, but I've always seen a Sikh as the poster-child of the Indian army and defender of the nation. It is thus very sad to now witness the shenanigans of Sidhu and Co.

Regarding the squandered gains of the '65 and '71 wars, who knows what really happened behind closed doors. Was it Indian diplomacy that was weak or was there enormous pressure from the Superpowers to keep the status quo? I suspect it was the latter and it is likely that this is what killed LBS in the end, the stress of having lost so many men and yet gained nothing substantial in return. In 1971, we could have demanded many things in exchange for the 90,000 POWs, but again who knows what transpired behind closed doors. I doubt IG would have caved in without very valid reasons and she was as shrewd a politician as any. In the end perhaps we really do not have the 'killer instinct' after all.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:43 pm

Kartarpur corridor is not the problem, problem is agreeing to 26/11 as foundation day for this corridor on the 10th aniversary of 26/11/2008. Paki deliberately and mischievously chose 26/11 and we fell for it? This was a great insult to the memory of Indians who were killed by Paki terrorists on this day.

Instead we should have chosen 16th Dec, the day Paki surrendered to us in 1971.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:05 pm

Sachin wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:03 am
a_bharat wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:25 am
So what would be the areas in which Modi worked FOR national interest, and areas in which he worked AGAINST national interest? This could be one area in which you could trigger a discussion. Especially since Lok Sabha elections are coming up next year.
What exactly is 'national interest' ? Jan-hit? (in interest of people?). The same very people who after 26/11 still voted in Congoons? I do feel that we give a little too much importance to 'we the people'. Sometimes 'we the people' do need get shafted, in order for them to think straight. Ex: Shabrimala incident. Kerala Hindus were drunk on secular coolaid for long, until something suddenly hit them. Modi isn't a superman, and his success in contributing to India is still subject to idiocies of us aam janta.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Guys, especially those like a_bharat, just remember the big picture. I am as aghast at the manner in which TSP is toying with India. Brazen terror attacks that have gone unpunished, and now these gimmicks like Karparpur playing on Sikh sentiments and other fault lines. Now the scum bags want to invite ModiJi to attend SAARC. And this will result in another round of political acrimony within India. If he accepts, it will be considered surrender, if he doesn't, it will be "Hindu extremists" against p!ss.

The bottom line is this, and needs no elaboration. The one and only way to force TSP from playing these games is to have punished them for their terror attacks. The only conversation should have been terror, terror, and terror. We have not been able to do that, and we don't have the military capability to force the issue, the one odd surgical strike notwithstanding. Once you get this fact out of your chest, the rest becomes just a war of attrition. Painful to watch I know, but thats the reality.

Now what adds salt to our wounds is our internal polity. There are many many Paki 5th columnists or hate Hinduism so much that for them destruction of India is paramount and Paki terror hardly dents their conscience. Had we as a country had a nationalist bone, were we as a country more united, were we as a country had more self respect, I know I know, if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle :-); but fact is we are in many ways a eunuch country willing to draw blood from each other at the drop of a hat than stand up to TSP. These are the stark political realities.

For us nationalists, its painful to watch, very painful to see Pakis toying with us, but looked at from their PoV, they are only en-cashing the fruits of their terror investment visa vi India. ModiJi is only trying to change this state of affairs. Do I agree with him on every move? No. for e.g., on this Kartarpur, he could have avoided the Berlin wall analogy BS. He could have moved the date instead of 26/11 anniversary etc. But to re-iterate the bottom line: Once punishing TSP militarily is off the table, all of the theatrics we are seeing are only a natural segue between any 2 warring parties.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:51 pm

There is no way we can dictate terms to the Pakis until we become militarily and economically as strong as China is. Which is when we can show the finger to the US or the Soviets. This is the unfortunate truth. Unlike the yahoos across the border, we can think rationally and while national interests are paramount, I doubt any PM would be foolish enough to launch a war with the Pakis that we cannot comprehensively win - in a short time. Since that is not possible at the moment, we bide our time.

Having said that we came very close to gifting it all away and sitting quietly with nary a possibility of retaliation, if you read about the extreme reduction in our defense capabilities during the ten years of MMS. That is the really scary bit.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:56 pm

To get a measure of how f!ked up our polity is, and how much Pakis must be laughing their asses off, one only needs to look at Sidhu eunuch's antics and those who support him. Moment you criticize him for hugging and going cuddly cuddly with Paki killers, the entire BJP hating cabal will come down on BJP as being anti-Sikh and whip up Sikh sentiments. ModiJi, the astute politician that he is, simply cannot ignore this.

Sidhu idiot even brings up Rafale in TSP. Mocks ModiJi for being 'jealous' on not getting a hug. Now, just take yourselves out-of-the box and imagine how this looks to objective observer. Does India come across as having the ability to take on TSP? Does TSP come across as the terror abomination that us nationalists would want to accurately portray it as? Should any self respecting Indian go to TSP and pour scorn and vitriol against their own PM as Mani Shankar Aiyar, Salman Kurshid, and now Sidhu have done? If you just look out of the box, you will realize TSP is having a field day, and far from any fear of being punished for terror, they are working on a game plan of how to play on India's weakness, India's fault lines to get the best of the current situation.

One more thing. I applaud captain Amarainder Singh for his stance. But something doesn't add up. His own minister Sidhu has gone there. He is puking the vilest of accusations against ModiJi. And can he (Sidhu) do all this without captain's and Pappu's approval?

Sunny
BGR Newbie

Post by Sunny » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Sidhu skipped Vajpayee's funeral to go to Pakistan and hug Bajwa - he used to praise ABV as his political guru. Then the day after the 26/11 anniversary he goes there again and mocks the Indian government in front of the Paki press. What a retard this man is. He claims to care so much about this corridor yet he didn't even attend the foundation stone laying ceremony in Gurdaspur yesterday.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Here is a refreshing take on the 26/11 anniversary and the Kartarpur corridor from someone who usually talks very sensibly, and again does so this time as well.

Watch especially from 25:00 onwards and hear what Rizwan says about the present status.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:50 am

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 833776.cms

Amid criticism over his cabinet colleague Navjot Singh Sidhu's visit to Pakistan for the inauguration of the Kartarpur Sahib corridor, Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh said he had asked him to reconsider it. Amarinder said he acceded to Sidhu's request for permission as he did not believe in stopping anyone from undertaking a "personal visit".

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:48 am

Sunny wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:40 pm
Sidhu skipped Vajpayee's funeral to go to Pakistan and hug Bajwa - he used to praise ABV as his political guru. Then the day after the 26/11 anniversary he goes there again and mocks the Indian government in front of the Paki press. What a retard this man is. He claims to care so much about this corridor yet he didn't even attend the foundation stone laying ceremony in Gurdaspur yesterday.
He is a khalistani. What did you expect?? He is openly pushing the agenda and people are unable to see it??

What as the necessity for the Indian govt to conduct the foundation stone laying ceremony in Gurdaspur yesterday?? Could it not have waited a day or even a week?? Why the tearing hurry??

The pakis are playing a tactical game. Why did we fall into the trap??

BTW, harsimrat kaur, our own minister in the Modi govt, also openly praised and thanked imran khan niazi.

Did you miss that??

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:23 pm

Dharmendra Pradhan to be CM face in Odisha.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Looks like MP victory for BJP could be huge, with the Sangh going all out on election day. Mamaji will be serving his state for yet another 5 years.

...and things are looking better every day in RJ.

Even TG seems to be getting more comfortable with BJP.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:59 pm

Supratik wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:23 pm
Dharmendra Pradhan to be CM face in Odisha.
The BJD has a weak leader who has very low energy and has done very little. OR is likely to turn saffron both in LS and state election.