The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Vikas
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by Vikas » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:42 am

Have you noticed that every BJP leader on his death has to be identified by 'He who loved his country, Party and Scotch/Chicken/Beef' by MSM ?

Subtle Games they play.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:47 am

chetak wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:59 am
It is only a small minority of Pak-Pasand fiberals & some Internet warriors who are asking for the proof. Shoes how Dhimmi some have gone. But fikar not, There will soon be another bear slap to Pakis and soon it will become Business as usual.
Most of the country trusts IA and believes that we can kick Paki ass on demand. The days of Maha-Corrupt Robot Singh are over and buried.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:26 am

Haldiram wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:35 pm
chetak wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:56 am
You do know that these are busted fake claims, right?

I've always wondered how a country as divisive over religion as India can have an aspirant for the PM post whose religious identity is still somewhat of a mystery and nobody seems to have a clue.

The following are facts, even Haldiram Ji cannot dispute:

1. Indira Gandhi was born and brought up a Hindu - I will discount the salacious reports of Nehru's non-Hindu antecedents here.
2. Feroze Whatever was not a Hindu (another very interesting mystery here, nobody seems to know much about his real last name etc)
3. These two were married.
4. Their child, Rajiv Gandhi was, from all outward appearances, brought up as a Hindu.
5. Sonia (Antonia) Maino was born and brought up as a Catholic.
6. These two were married.
7. Their children are Rahul Gandhi (nobody knows the name on his birth certificate) and Priyanka.

As per Indian law, a marriage performed by Hindu (Vedic) rites is only legally valid if both parties belong to one of the native religions of India, i.e. both have to be either Hindu/Sikh/Buddhist or Jain.

So regardless of what was done for popular consumption and optics, there has to have been a court-registered marriage between 1&2 and 4&5 above.

Knowing what I know about Catholics, especially fifty years ago, it is highly unlikely that Rajiv Gandhi would have been allowed to marry Sonia without being converted, i.e. being baptized. Which then means RaGa has to be Catholic too. Makes sense for Priyanka then to be married to RoVa (who by all accounts has a Scottish, Christian mother).

In typical Hindu-Christian marriages, it is much more common for the offsprings to be raised Christian, that is what I've seen here in the US. Catholics are particularly insistent upon the Hindu first converting and then having the kids brought up Catholic.

So what proof is there that either RaGa or Priyanka were born and raised Hindu? Or should it not matter? if the latter, then why pretend to be a 'janeyu-dhari'?

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:45 pm

Our wonderful democracy at work. Firstly, TrueIndology's account on Twitter has been suspended for 7 days. No clarification from Twitter on why such a suspension was awarded in the first place. Probably, all the libs who could not counter him with facts, mass reported him. Of course, Twitter India being pro-left, probably did not hesitate to enforce suspension.

Secondly, it seems like earlier today (?), RaGa was supposed to be at Manyata IT Tech Park in BLR. Either, during his visit or before, a bunch of IT workers, began to chant Modi's name. BLR police took prompt action by arresting at least one individual who was chanting. At least one Kannada news channel (News 9 I think) was quick to report that arrested individuals were part of BJP Karnataka who were masquerading as IT employees, while clearly, the cell phone video shows that, the individual being arrested was an actual IT worker. Of course, this intolerance was not reported in any of the progressive main stream channels, who are other wise quick to label intolerance & express outrage.

Video of the employee being arrested: https://twitter.com/Brahmeme/status/1107655502526205952

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:46 pm

Primus Ji, What is so confusing about it. Rajiv was accepted as partly Hindu by virtue of Indira connection.
No one thinks of Rahul and Priyanka as natural born Hindus. It is just that we Hindus don't make such a dance and drama about it like Desert born. Like Jagan and KR, They are using Hindu sounding names to fool us.
There is no law, Hadith, Smriti or Bible version that would make RG or PV a Hindu by birth by any stretch of imagination.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:55 pm

Primus wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:26 am

I've always wondered how a country as divisive over religion as India can have an aspirant for the PM post whose religious identity is still somewhat of a mystery and nobody seems to have a clue.

The following are facts, even Haldiram Ji cannot dispute:

1. Indira Gandhi was born and brought up a Hindu - I will discount the salacious reports of Nehru's non-Hindu antecedents here.
2. Feroze Whatever was not a Hindu (another very interesting mystery here, nobody seems to know much about his real last name etc)
3. These two were married.
4. Their child, Rajiv Gandhi was, from all outward appearances, brought up as a Hindu.
5. Sonia (Antonia) Maino was born and brought up as a Catholic.
6. These two were married.
7. Their children are Rahul Gandhi (nobody knows the name on his birth certificate) and Priyanka.

As per Indian law, a marriage performed by Hindu (Vedic) rites is only legally valid if both parties belong to one of the native religions of India, i.e. both have to be either Hindu/Sikh/Buddhist or Jain.

So regardless of what was done for popular consumption and optics, there has to have been a court-registered marriage between 1&2 and 4&5 above.

Knowing what I know about Catholics, especially fifty years ago, it is highly unlikely that Rajiv Gandhi would have been allowed to marry Sonia without being converted, i.e. being baptized. Which then means RaGa has to be Catholic too. Makes sense for Priyanka then to be married to RoVa (who by all accounts has a Scottish, Christian mother).

In typical Hindu-Christian marriages, it is much more common for the offsprings to be raised Christian, that is what I've seen here in the US. Catholics are particularly insistent upon the Hindu first converting and then having the kids brought up Catholic.

So what proof is there that either RaGa or Priyanka were born and raised Hindu? Or should it not matter? if the latter, then why pretend to be a 'janeyu-dhari'?
It's pretty clear that Rajiv Gandhi was raised Hindu and he married Sonia in a Hindu ceremony. He may have had a court shaadi also. Is there any proof that he had a Christian wedding? And if he did, does it mean that he became a Christian? I fully believe that Rajiv was born a Hindu, raised as one, and died as one.

I don't understand why in general Hindus are looking to push other Hindus outside the fold. My extreme right wing friend keeps calling every one a non Hindu just because they are not part of BJP. Like Shashi Tharoor. Hindus may not walk around with their religion on their sleeve, but none of this makes them a Muslim or a Christian. This tendency to push others out is what created a Mohammed Ali Jinnah which resulted in Pakistan (now one may argue that it was a good thing we kicked these people out).

An interesting bit of trivia is that Rajiv was initially named "Rahul" and they decided that they didn't like the name so they went with Rajiv which means Lotus (ah! the BJP symbol) which is also the name of his grandmother Kamala Nehru.

Now Sonia may have raised her kids to be cryptos, as usually the mother imparts cultural practices to the children which is why Muslim men convert their non Muslim wives and then impose Islam on the kids also. Rahul and Priyanka probably did some poojas and went to mass, so he is confused on what he really is or he considers himself to be "both". Now in these times when Hindus have woken up, he wants to highlight his Hindu self for votes.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:33 pm

KJo wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:55 pm
Now Sonia may have raised her kids to be cryptos, as usually the mother imparts cultural practices to the children which is why Muslim men convert their non Muslim wives and then impose Islam on the kids also. Rahul and Priyanka probably did some poojas and went to mass, so he is confused on what he really is or he considers himself to be "both". Now in these times when Hindus have woken up, he wants to highlight his Hindu self for votes.
Saar, caught a YouTube video in Tamil where a Padre clearly campaigns for RaGa and asks all Christians to vote for RaGa because he IS Catholic and so are his mother, sister and BIL. The only confusion about his identity is in the minds of Hindus.

That said, his religion is NOT what will influence my vote. However, his mother's consistent record of treating Hindus as inferior citizens in all legislation and administrative decisions certainly will. Besides, I respect people who adhere to their religion faithfully. On that count, how many of the seven sins is this family guilty of?

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:37 pm

From the Times Now survey, it seems clear that UP and TN are the battleground states. Everywhere else, BJP is ceding a little bit of ground which could be recovered once Modi steps in to campaign.

Nearly 50% loss in UP and a near wipeout of AIADMK in TN will certainly hurt. Even though BJP/NDA was always a non-entity in TN, AIADMK was practically NDA for an invisible price.

I would also say that TN is the one state where RaGa's Rafale campaign has actually yielded substantial dividends because the vernacular media is nearly 100% controlled by UPA constituents.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:03 pm

KJo wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:55 pm

It's pretty clear that Rajiv Gandhi was raised Hindu and he married Sonia in a Hindu ceremony. He may have had a court shaadi also. Is there any proof that he had a Christian wedding? And if he did, does it mean that he became a Christian? I fully believe that Rajiv was born a Hindu, raised as one, and died as one.
KJo Ji, all the above video and pictures show is that Rajiv Gandhi and Sonia did some Hindu rituals (presumably part of the larger ceremony). However, as I've stated earlier, as per existing Indian Penal Code, any wedding between people NOT of the Hindu religion (even if one of them is Hindu) is not legal if performed in the Vedic manner. So even if they performed all the rituals (I believe the Saptapadi is the legal requirement in any ceremony, but I may be wrong here), unless Sonia was a convert to Hinduism the marriage is not valid without an appearance in the court and all that involves (i.e. a civil ceremony in a court). I very much doubt Sonia became a Hindu, but I agree completely that Rajiv Gandhi may have been a Hindu all his life and died one.
I don't understand why in general Hindus are looking to push other Hindus outside the fold. My extreme right wing friend keeps calling every one a non Hindu just because they are not part of BJP. Like Shashi Tharoor. Hindus may not walk around with their religion on their sleeve, but none of this makes them a Muslim or a Christian. This tendency to push others out is what created a Mohammed Ali Jinnah which resulted in Pakistan (now one may argue that it was a good thing we kicked these people out).
I am not for a moment pushing anybody outside the fold, far from it. Heck many in my own family here are married to Christians and we love them just as much. Some of them had to convert to Catholicism to do it, but nobody has any problems with it. The history of India is replete with examples of assimilation and acceptance of all faiths, mainly because we are Hindus.
You can bet Sonia brought up her children as Catholics. Somewhere there is a record of them being baptized, for without it, they would go to hell as per Catholic law and even very liberal and modern Catholics balk at allowing their kids to grow up without it. I know of only one example, where the husband is Jewish and they both decided not to baptize the children. In every other mixed faith marriage I have seen here the kids have ALWAYS been baptized. The only exceptions are where the Christian parent is from a more secular Protestant denomination that does not believe so strongly in the 'rebirth' phenomenon.

That is really what I have a problem with. If you have converted to another faith, be bold enough to accept it openly and ask the people of the nation to accept you for what you are without religion being brought into it. Did the voters not elect so many politicians of all faiths? Yes, the PM is a special post and the majority population of the country being Hindu would want their PM to be one, but for me more important is that the PM be a true Indian and think of the nation first. To me his religion is irrelevant although I admit I would be happier if he was a true patriot AND a Hindu.

What really gets me mad is somebody pretending to be a Hindu when they are not, simply to fool the people and get their votes. If you converted for your own convenience (be it marriage or ideology or jobs), then say so. As my old schoolteacher used to say 'tell the truth and shame the devil'. Sadly, some people have become the devil themselves.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:27 am

The whole discussion around whether Rahul is Hindu or not is ridiculous, to say the least.

The only people confused are Hindus who don't know their culture. Calling oneself a Hindu is as useless as calling oneself a sportsman without affiliation with a sport.

Rahul's gand claims to be a brahmin. Let me tell you that to be a brahmin is no joke. Today, every Tom, dick and Harry thinks they are one. Even those who are born in so called brahmin families are not brahmin if they do not follow the tenets laid for them. Secondly, those "brahmin" who marry out do not bear children who are brahmin. Those kids would have to remarry Brahmins for 7 successive generations before they can be considered Brahmins.

Now, these are Vedic rules based on what yogis have seen and experienced. This is what it takes to be able to see, experience and understand bhagavan. Whether one believes in them or not is irrelevant. Do you think the Brahmins of today can see bhagavan? That is what differentiates a brahmin from someone who's not. Indians have lapped up the caste system the Portuguese left behind and think it was some regressive method to keep the masses stupid.

So what Rahul is, is someone who is fooling Hindus who have no clue about their culture and scriptures. To be Hindu, you need to identify and take part in the culture of one of its varnas (in the true sense). It's not a badge you can get by being dipped in some pond.

Is Rahul a Hindu? No. Would it affect me vote (if he were)? No. Will it fool "Hindus"? Yes. The fault is with Hindus themselves, you can't blame others for exploiting it. Going back to the sport analogy, Rahul is claiming to be a tennis player by holding a tennis racquet (claiming to be brahmin by wearing a thread) and calling himself a sportsman by photoshooting himself with sports equipment (calling himself Hindu by going to temples). Any sportsperson can tell you that it's not the equipment you hold but what you do with it. Do you practice for 8 hours a day? Do you take part in tournaments? Is your life that sport? So where is the doubt of whether he is a Hindu or not??? Only in the Hindu mind.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:48 am

posted without prejudice

twitter

If you claim to be a Hindu, then dont use RIP tag. RIP means stay stagnant. What Hindus want is a better birth, or moksha, ie sad-gati. Movement towards higher planes. To wish a Hindu RIP on his/her demise, is akin to a curse. and when multiple people say it, it takes effect.

Why Hindu do not use term RIP. Rest In Peace.

Muslim and Christian bury dead body.

Hindu, and all branches of Sanatan Dharma like Sikh, JAIN and Buddhist and Yezdi put body on Fire pyre and destroy it so no Black Magic practicer can use body.

They say RIP

Rest in Peace.

Their belief is soul is resting in Box till End of Universe.

In Sanatan Hindu Dharma. , we do not have such thoughts or belief and According to Holy Shreemad Bhagavad Geeta Soul doesn’t die, get wet or burn or dry.

अध्याय 2 श्लोक 23 यह आत्मा न तो कभी किसी शस्त्र द्वारा खण्ड-खण्ड किया जा सकता है, न अग्नि द्वारा जलाया जा सकता है, न जल द्वारा भिगोया या वायु द्वारा सुखाया जा सकता है |

अध्याय 2 : गीता का सारश्लोक 2 . 23

नैनं छिन्दन्ति शस्त्राणि नैनं दहति पावकः |
न चैनं क्लेदयन्त्यापो न शोषयति मारुतः || २३ ||

But soul is changing body like
e cloths so according to its own Karma.

Soul goes To different Yoni or get Moksha and merge with Lord Shiva or Shree Krishna.

“RIP” or “Rest in Peace” is a phrase that you should use for those who practices to bury a dead body and presume that the human is going to rest in the ground till the judgement day or resurrection.

For Hindus, the belief is that the living being is not a body but soul and the body acts just as an abode for the soul through one life.

Soul leaves one body and acquires the new one and the ones who are able to break the cycle of life achieves “Moksha” means salvation.

Hence, this concept of resting in piece is not valid in Hinduism.The expressions we can use:

. OM

· Prayers for the departed soul

· May the soul achieve the highest abode· May soul achieve Moksha· May soul achieve heaven

. Om Shanti

That is why we do not use term RIP but say OM Hindu Need to change its Day to day Habits.ये “रिप-रिप-रिप-रिप” क्या है?

देखने में आया है कि किसी मृतात्मा के प्रति RIP लिखने का “फैशन” चल पड़ा है, ऐसा इसलिएहुआ है, क्योंकि कान्वेंटी दुष्प्रचार तथा नकल
रण हमारे युवाओं को धर्म की मूल अवधारणाएँ या तो पता ही नहीं हैं, अथवा विकृत हो चुकी हैं…

RIP शब्द का अर्थ होता है “Rest in Peace” (शान्ति से आराम करो), यह शब्द उनके लिए उपयोग किया जा जिन्हें कब्र में दफनाया गया हो, क्योंकि ईसाई अथवा मुस्लिम मान्यताओं केअनुसार जब कभी “जजमेंट डे” अथवा “क़यामत का दिन” आ br>दिन कब्र में पड़े ये सभी मुर्दे पुनर्जीवित हो जाएँगे…अतः उनके लिए कहा गया है, कि उस क़यामत के दिन के इंतज़ार में “शान्ति से आराम करो” ।।

लेकिन हिन्दू धर्म की मान्यताओं के अनुसार शरीर नश्वर है, आत्मा अमर है, हिन्दू शरीर को जला दियाजाता है, अतः उसके “Rest in Peace” का सवाल ही नहीं उठता !

हिन्दू धर्म के अनुसार मनुष्य की मृत्यु होते ही आत्मा निकलकर किसी दूसरे नए जीव/ काया/शरीर/नवजात में प्रवेश कर जाती है… उस आत्मा को अगली यात्रा हेतु गति प्रदान करने के लिए ही श्राद्धकर्म की परंपरा निर्वहन एवं शान्तिपाठ आयोजित किए जाते हैं !

अतःकिसी हिन्दू मृतात्मा हेतु “विनम्र श्रद्धांजलि”,”श्रद्धांजलि”, “आत्मा को सदगति प्रदान करें” जैसे वाक्य विन्यास लिखे जाने चाहिए, जबकि किसी मुस्लिम अथवा ईसाई की मृत्यु पर उनके लिए RIP लिखा जा सकता है…

होता यह है कि श्रद्धांजलि देते समय भी “शॉर्टकट(?) अपनाने की आदत से हममें से कई मित्र हिन्दूमृत्यु पर भी “RIP” ठोंक आते हैं…

यह विशुद्ध “अज्ञान ल्दबाजी” है, इसके अलावा कुछ नहीं…अतः कोशिश करें कि भविष्य में यह गलती ना हो, एवं हम लोग “दिवंगत आत्मा को श्रद्धां न करें… ना कि उसे RIP (apart) करें !

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:50 am

Should RaGa be not voted because he "may" not be a Hindu or be voted because he is self proclaimed "Jenaudhari Hindu" is both wrong. If that was the critera, Some of us should vote for Akki or even Lalu's clan or horror horror, MSA.

PS: If IG brought up Rajiv and Sanjay as Hindus, Then by same logic, SoGa brought up R and P and Catholics.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:58 am

twitter

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:40 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:27 am
The whole discussion around whether Rahul is Hindu or not is ridiculous, to say the least.
Agree with most of what you are saying. My point is simply this: religion should not matter in politics as long as the person is a true patriot and as long as they do not deceive the voting public of their real faith. This distinction is important because to most people faith is important. So if you lie blatantly about your religious beliefs, imagine how much you would lie about issues that really matter to the growth and security of the nation.

Let us leave the rest about who is a Hindu and who is a Brahmin out of the discussion for now.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:39 pm

SSundar wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:37 pm
From the Times Now survey, it seems clear that UP and TN are the battleground states. Everywhere else, BJP is ceding a little bit of ground which could be recovered once Modi steps in to campaign.

Nearly 50% loss in UP and a near wipeout of AIADMK in TN will certainly hurt. Even though BJP/NDA was always a non-entity in TN, AIADMK was practically NDA for an invisible price.

I would also say that TN is the one state where RaGa's Rafale campaign has actually yielded substantial dividends because the vernacular media is nearly 100% controlled by UPA constituents.
I wouldn't write off TN that easily saar. As we had discussed a few pages back, anti-incumbency is not too high, and the opposition does not have anyone charismatic. DMK's seat sharing formula is not exactly inspiring, and they seem to have given up in CBE and MDU. At this point, the only issue that could work against AIADMK is the Pollachi horror, though by most accounts, the police seemed to have acted promptly. But the opposition will try to exploit it nevertheless.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:36 pm

Primus wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:40 am
JohnTitor wrote:
Agree with most of what you are saying. My point is simply this: religion should not matter in politics as long as the person is a true patriot and as long as they do not deceive the voting public of their real faith. This distinction is important because to most people faith is important. So if you lie blatantly about your religious beliefs, imagine how much you would lie about issues that really matter to the growth and security of the nation.

Let us leave the rest about who is a Hindu and who is a Brahmin out of the discussion for now.
so long as India and her peoples are seen as a prey base by venal proponents of adharmic and desert cults, religion does matter.

After a thousand odd years of occupation, oppression and exploitation, it is a little foolish to see it any other way.

when given a free hand, look at what they did. See the truth of what the enemy is doing or we will go the way of the dodo.

TN, AP, CH and OR along with the entire NE are examples staring us rjght in the face and yet we say religion does not matter while qualifying the statement with some highly delusional and schizophrenic riders.

Is cashmere a mere social issue or does it have the ugly cult foundations of hatred used to push a very specific agenda??

Is Sabarimala a gender issue?? or is it a civilizational issue?? couched slyly and cunningly in the benign social constructs of so called patriarchy, menstruation and the mythical gender equality??

religion matters in politics in the most fundamental way, just so long as one is aware of what exactly is happening and why.

we didn't start it but why ignore it when it weaponized and used against Indians in the most fundamental way??

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:57 pm

shows you how slimy the politicos are

Mumbai CSMT footover bridge collapse: Esplanade court sends auditor Neeraj Desai to police custody till 25 March

Neeraj Kumar Desai, the owner of the firm that conducted the audit of the foot overbridge near the landmark Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) railway station, was produced before Mumbai's Esplanade Court on Tuesday and sent to police custody till 25 March.

Desai was arrested on Monday in connection with last week's foot over bridge collapse, that left six people dead and over 30 injured.

Police initially booked officials of the Mumbai civic body, which were responsible for its maintenance, and the Central Railway (CR) under section 304-A (Causing death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), but rescinded the move later.

theeran
BGR Newbie

Post by theeran » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:07 pm

arshyam wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:39 pm
I wouldn't write off TN that easily saar. As we had discussed a few pages back, anti-incumbency is not too high, and the opposition does not have anyone charismatic. DMK's seat sharing formula is not exactly inspiring, and they seem to have given up in CBE and MDU. At this point, the only issue that could work against AIADMK is the Pollachi horror, though by most accounts, the police seemed to have acted promptly. But the opposition will try to exploit it nevertheless.
Don't know about rest of state but there is anger at admk for pollachi in the kongu belt. Will it hold till election? Cpm has won in cbe before with natarajan and Congress came second in the last election. They might do it again. Radhakrishnan is not best candidate for bjp. The only two times I have seen him in town is for the campaign asking for votes.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:16 pm

Primus wrote:
JohnTitor wrote:

In principle, I agree. What you say makes sense if you think about it logically.

But as chetak mentioned, religion does matter in India's case. See for Hindus, our land and religion are one and the same. For Hindus, India is a "new" concept. But Bharath Mata is ancient and includes lands from Afghanistan to SE Asia. I'm not saying we should live in the past, but being a "good Hindu" includes working for and protecting our land (India of today).. that is our dharma. Unlike the Abrahamics our culture and dharma is tied to our land. But how many Indians (irrespective of religion) see nation above religion? The vast majority of those are non-bjp voters.

This is why I said, until Hindus are true to their dharma, they can always be fooled.
Last edited by JohnTitor on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:30 pm

arshyam wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:39 pm
The Pollachi horror is quite potent. DMK have successfully made this an AIADMK issue.

Leaving that aside though, I see a palpable hatred of BJP/AIADMK in my own extended family that they never exhibited before. The long-term barrage of memes campaigns and being immersed in anti-Modi electronic and print media has taken its toll.

When you look at DMK's manifesto - no to development, no to industrialization, yes to Language chauvinism, yes to "protecting" coastal communities (euphemism for ensuring unfettered church access) - it is hard to imagine any sane voter choosing such a party. Well, TN is doing so rather overwhelmingly.

theeran
BGR Newbie

Post by theeran » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:32 pm

SSundar wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:30 pm

The Pollachi horror is quite potent. DMK have successfully made this an AIADMK issue.

Leaving that aside though, I see a palpable hatred of BJP/AIADMK in my own extended family that they never exhibited before. The long-term barrage of memes campaigns and being immersed in anti-Modi electronic and print media has taken its toll.

When you look at DMK's manifesto - no to development, no to industrialization, yes to Language chauvinism, yes to "protecting" coastal communities (euphemism for ensuring unfettered church access) - it is hard to imagine any sane voter choosing such a party. Well, TN is doing so rather overwhelmingly.
TN politics is local. Western votes won't be decided on fishermen policies and vice versa. Local leaders and number of cadres matter. DMk has better foot soldiers in the south. Admk does in West. Otherwise it is a matter of perception. Edapadi was gaining ground as a capable leader. Pollachi happened and now it is hard to know. Ammk holds the card. If they manage to split traditional admk votes then dmk win is a guarantee.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:51 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:16 pm
Primus wrote:
JohnTitor wrote:

In principle, I agree. What you say makes sense if you think about it logically.

But as chetak mentioned, religion does matter in India's case. See for Hindus, our land and religion are one and the same. For Hindus, India is a "new" concept. But Bharath Mata is ancient and includes lands from Afghanistan to SE Asia. I'm not saying we should live in the past, but being a "good Hindu" includes working for and protecting our land (India of today).. that is our dharma. Unlike the Abrahamics our culture and dharma is tied to our land. But how many Indians (irrespective of religion) see nation above religion? The vast majority of those are non-bjp voters.

This is why I said, until Hindus are true to their dharma, they can always be fooled.

JT (and Chetak Ji):

I hear you both loud and clear. I too have carried the same ethos with me all these years. I am coming at it from a different perspective.

India is home to a myriad people - different faiths, religions, sects, cults, not to mention all the languages that divide us and yet unite us in so many ways. Even within the Sanatan Dharma there are so many independent thoughts and ideas, that no two 'Hindus' may be the same.

Much as we hear about Muslims and Cryptos and others sabotaging the nation, the truth is that a large majority of them have India's best interests at heart. As Hindus, our foremost aim is protection and growth of the pitrabhumi. So many people feel that in this process, only Hindu opinion matters which is not only an untenable idea but downright destructive in the long term, at least IMHO. Any solution to India's problems has to include the Muslims, Christians, Parsees, - everyone who calls India home. As I've said so many times before, you can't just wish them away.

Therefore, yes, religion does matter to all of us, but above religion is and should be, the pitrabhumi - I suggest we all read Shri Sitaram Goel's excellent autobiography 'How I Became a Hindu' for the definition of this. Our Punyabhumi of course extends beyond the borders of Ma Bharati and that is a completely separate matter.

Let me ask a question: If there was a PM candidate who was a clone of Modi but not Hindu and he was running against RaGa (assume here for a minute that he is a certified Hindu). Who would you vote for?

Kumar
BGR Member

Post by Kumar » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:09 am

Below video talks about Kerala political dynamics
[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbuRbXjTuuw [/youtube]

Below one similar video about Tamil Nadu political dynamics
[youtube] https://youtu.be/avUL7NQmVl8 [/youtube]

vishvak
BGR Member

Post by vishvak » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:01 am

For Hindus, India is a "new" concept. But Bharath Mata is ancient and includes lands from Afghanistan to SE Asia. I'm not saying we should live in the past, but being a "good Hindu" includes working for and protecting our land (India of today).. that is our dharma.
Wonder why our dharma is just this and not to protect lands from Afghanistan to SE Asia instead of just entertaining demands of pseudo seculars who are openly exclusive yet claim to be not so - for today.
so long as India and her peoples are seen as a prey base by venal proponents of adharmic and desert cults, religion does matter.
.. <snip>
Nice post Chetak ji. Wonder how people are sure about future as well after one way conversions tactics. The barbarians' loot and plunder and outright anti Hinduism is for all to see. Who has given a guarantee that in future the exclusivists won't affect even passively interests of natives - for example population jihad.
include the Muslims, Christians, Parsees, - everyone who calls India home
Well Parsee have been actual minorities in true sense. How is it added to other exclusivists groups who have been converting for power grab in spite of mostly being same gene pool - and therefore not minorities per se.

vishvak
BGR Member

Post by vishvak » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:09 am

you can't just wish them away.
Where are we going with this crap. In democracy Muslims who had to not be secular went to pakilands.

How come that question comes up again in democracy - it's because of votebanks that are based on religion. In other words, due to effect of religion, democracy is reduced to religious sleight of hand to deceive heatheins pegeins koofr.
If there was a PM candidate who was a clone of Modi but not Hindu and he was running against RaGa (assume here for a minute that he is a certified Hindu). Who would you vote for?
Why this - not Modi but.. presume RaGa as junoidhari ul-ta- certified .. kind of argument. People have already clearly stated how it's just for votes even when in certain part he is called born Christian for votes. Why overlook all the arguments above just to turn around some questions.