The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
syam
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by syam » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:07 am

Sachin wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:06 pm
with me getting a MYTY title, but no worries
I didn't give you the title, saar. I was checking Matrubhumi articles at the time. You were surprisingly echoing what they were saying. Imagine my situation at the time. One full page is dedicated to Sangh bashing on BRF thread.

I think we are used to certain culture. You do it. No no. It's his job. He should do it. No, let's make him do it. We never say I will do it. I will own it. Let me do it. We are part of the society. All are equal stakeholder in nation building. We simply can't outsource it any other one even if he claims to have best interests.

Any way, it's all past. I heard they fired Mathrubhumi editor. Biryani vijay lost the plot. Some one using him at the expense of his political future.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:43 am

syam wrote:Any way, it's all past. I heard they fired Mathrubhumi editor. Biryani vijay lost the plot. Some one using him at the expense of his political future.
Mathrubhumi (a news paper which I started reading nearly 35 years back) changed ownership and is now with a dubious businessman MP Veerendrakumar M.P. He surprisingly is a jain (like A.Shah), and ever since his taking over the reputation of the Mathrubhumi group published news paper and magazine took a nose dive. Now they have become completely partisan and are pretty much openly anti-Hindu. There are strong rumours that the group is surviving on advertisement revenue mainly from "peacefool" business establishments; and now they actually have a major control on the editorial policy. The reason for firing the editor was he allowed a novellete with lots of anti-Hindu references to be published in their weekly magazine. Here the Sangh was clearly active; there were door to door campaigns asking people to stop subscribing to the Mathrubhumi publications. A few Hindu business groups stopped giving advertisements to the publishers. With a revenue hit, Mathrubhumi had to change their tactics.

In the Sabari Mala issue, again looks like the "revenue providers" for Mathrubhumi are now pulling the strings as the news paper has openly taken a stance against the Hindu belief system. In fact when each woman activist made an attempt to enter the shrine, the news channel and newspaper were getting an orgasm. That could be felt in their reporting style.

As I write this BJP's Amit Shah is in Kerala. His speech at Kannur clearly indicated that BJP is now 100% involved in the Sabari Mala issue and would stand with the Ayyappa devotees. Now he is a person who never makes statements without having a plan in mind, and most likely he would have discussed the plan with the central govt. as well.

Now that you mentioned it, I too tend to agree with you on one aspect. Com. Pinarayi Vijayan is a puppet (strong willed & stubborn, though) who is being used by very many other groups who may be part of the BIF. The state government seems to be actually hijacked by other groups who are all behind the scene. In Kerala, even in CPI(M) there are two types of leaders. The educated, well read & soft spoken leaders - mainly seen in South Kerala. There is also the "tailoring teachers", uncouth and ignorant type leaders - mainly from North Kerala. The government is under the control of the North Kerala based leadership and the quality is actually understood.

Consider the "foreign land" visits of the Chief Minister. Last time he visited UAE (along with his family, and the usual chamchas of the bureaucracy). He was like on a conducted tour program planned by M.A Yusuf Ali a businessman who will demand his own "pound of flesh". The Chief Minister is unable to command respect and articulate things to any one at UAE, and so had to rely on third parties. Nothing fruitful came out of the UAE visit. Then there was the grand plan to send around 18 ministers from Kerala, to selected countries all across the world. This was another "family tour" program, which luckily was shot down by the central government. Many of the ministers who were to travel, jolly well knew that without their "minister" tag they would not even get a VISA stamped on their passport. If they applied for a VISA as a normal citizen and supplied their "credentials" their VISA application would go flying out of the window. The inherent cheapness and poverty in their mindset, gave them the idea of visiting foreign lands by hook or crook. This is when Malayalis all across the world clearly said that they have already contributed in what ever way they can. In today's "connected world" no body needs to visit these NRKs with a bucket in their hands and beg for money. The commies knew this, but then considering their cheap mentality we can guess that they actually wanted to make the floods to make some good foreign country visits (a once in a life time chance for them).

Dumal
BGR Newbie

Post by Dumal » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:08 am

Just as an aside, I have been a reader of Hindu for a long time but certainly not out of love over the past 20 years. The other options ToIlet, DH, IE and others were even worse. But finally this year I cut the cord - no more Hindu and even though I miss out on some local news from it, I manage with alternate sources. I am happy and I hope these ones with the editorial policies somehow just fade away.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:23 am

As long as we have Judiciary and beauracracy committed to Khangress mentality, Anti-Indic , scared of minority and available to certain influencers, There isn't much any PM can do including NM.
There should have been a smart ass team brought together to cut down these pillars to size. Getting a full majority in Parliamentary elections is not something that will happen over and over again. You gotta grab your opportunities.

PS: Maybe this is all a PM can do despite all the gyan we pour on BRF pages.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:56 pm

twitter
Franco Mulakal gets bail for alleged rape.
Abhijit Iyer Mitra gets locked up for bad jokes.

easier to rape than to tell jokes. also tells you why there are so many rapists, than there are joke tellers .#Indiav

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:06 pm

Haldiram wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:07 pm

Problem is building military strength requires higher level of budgetary allocation and this year the allocation in terms of percentage was lowest in the last 58 years. I watched several debates on TV and the retired military generals were sharp in criticism of the govt. They also graded the govt. poorly in handling Kashmir.
Which TV channel and which generals? There are plenty of anti-national television outlets (we all know the big one) and similarly there are several generals who have sold themselves to the Congoons.

Again, I urge you to read Nitin Gokhale's book. He is an independent journalist and has been the Executive Director of the Defence and Strategy Alert Journal since 2015, he is far more knowledgable than the stupid generals and television personalities you may have heard.

Here is some more info on him. In his long and illustrious career, he has also worked with the unmentionable channel on TV, so he is not playing partisan politics of the pro-BJP kind. Tell me how he can have it all wrong then?

https://www.dsalert.org/about-nitin-a-gokhale

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:18 pm

Ironical the name of the magazine, Mathrubhumi.

Shame it couldn't be within Hindu hands

Sunny
BGR Newbie

Post by Sunny » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:39 pm

Parrikar has advanced pancreatic cancer.

https://www.ndtv.com/goa-news/goa-gover ... -topscroll

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Sunny wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:39 pm
Parrikar has advanced pancreatic cancer.

https://www.ndtv.com/goa-news/goa-gover ... -topscroll

Why is he clinging on to power? It's very Congress-like. The state is suffering because there is no one leading it.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Su Swamy against Modi govt

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:18 pm

@ssr99
Oct 23
More
Also there's talk that if BJP gets around 220 then Gadkari might be the first choice for the Prime Minister, what's your take on it?

Subramanian Swamy Verified account
@Swamy39 More
Replying to @ssr99
: Would welcome it and support it if asked

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:14 pm

Looking at India Today opinion poll which I believe was done by Axis - a more reliable agency. As things stand now if Modi-Shah-Yogi can pull through UP then BJP should get majority by itself. There will be some losses in some areas and some gains in other areas. There may be new allies in AP, TS and TN.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:38 am

I think SuSwamy is as usual being a rabble-rouser but at the same time hedging his bets to appear to be in favor of ModiJi. Whom is he trying to fool? I mean here is the premier investigative agency that was raided, its chief sent packing, and SuSwamy tells us that it was not ModiJi bu somebody else who ordered the raid. That said, many BJP/ModiJi supporters also seem to endorse SuSwamy. I saw a discussion between Prof Vaidyanathan and Sree Iyer on PGurus. They also seem to also suggest that Alok Verma was removed by someone inimical to ModiJi. Give me a break.

I think if this Verma dude is re-instated, it will be a political blow to ModiJi and he will look like his is not in control, whatever the spin masters might say. I might add that I don't know all the intricacies of this CBI soap opera. But ultimately buck stops with ModiJi.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:04 am

Its amusing to see newspapers and congress giving so much mileage to CBI drama when common man don't even give 2 paisa to what's going on. Only shows how disconnected they are from real India.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:12 am

Actually common man must ask the INC why they changed the rules for CBI director appointment in 2014 and 2004

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:29 am

Aditya_V wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:12 am
Actually common man must ask the INC why they changed the rules for CBI director appointment in 2014 and 2004
CBI is not seen as protector of common man. Unlike FBI has that image in US. There is no connection between common man and CBI for which people will really care and take interest.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:25 am

JohnTitor wrote:Ironical the name of the magazine, Mathrubhumi.
This news paper has a legacy, which unfortunately has now been dumped into a toilet. The news paper were started by Hindus, with many of the owners and editors etc. even being part of the freedom struggle. The news paper had excellent credibility, and in North & Central Kerala this was the news paper which any one would prefer for authentic reporting. Mathrubhumi was noted for the intelligence, honesty and a very farsighted thinking of its early editorial team. Some where in mid 1980s two business groups in Calicut started buying shares of the news paper which was given to the staff. Many of these staff members were not visionaries to realise how the stock market worked, and what is the overall plan. They also did not know the potential of the shares they actually held. With the business groups buying up a majority of shares held by the public, they got into the management of the publishing house. One of the businessmen who was a minor politician, used the news paper to his advantage. Today the news paper's stance depends upon which party this chameleon of a politician is now with.

Today with "business groups" running a news paper, they are more worried about the revenue inflow. Thus, they have to also cater to the demands of the business groups, which again are all run by people from minority communities. So as the Brits say - "one who pays the piper, calls the tunes".
Dumal wrote:Just as an aside, I have been a reader of Hindu for a long time but certainly not out of love over the past 20 years. The other options ToIlet, DH, IE and others were even worse.
Sir, in my home (and even immediate relatives circle); English paper = The Hindu & Malayalam paper = Mathrubhumi. This was the norm. When I started my life in another city, I continued the same tradition. It was only in 2016 that I threw "The Hindu" out of my house. The news paper became highly biased, and they were supporting pretty much every group enimical to India. Now I see, Mathrubhumi also going down the same route. I may have to chuck out Mathrubhumi too.

I now subscribe to Deccan Herald (English). Perhaps I should just chuck out Mathrubhumi and don't go for any other Malayalam news paper. I am one of those rare fellows who still prefer reading news papers (with a cup of tea) every morning.
KJo wrote:Why is he clinging on to power? It's very Congress-like. The state is suffering because there is no one leading it.
I think it is BJP which is asking him to stay put. They need to ensure that the Govt. does not fall, and most likely are working behind the scenes. Once they have a positive plan, Parikkar would be requested to retire (and to take good rest).
crams wrote:I think SuSwamy is as usual being a rabble-rouser but at the same time hedging his bets to appear to be in favor of ModiJi.
As I see it SuSwamy is a loose cannon, and seems to be extremely prejudiced against RoP and RoL and is very supportive of Hinduism & culture associated with it. And he supports parties & people who he feels is with him on a specific cause. SuSwamy may support BJP in one case, and may support Congress in another issue. But SuSwamy's support is not guaranteed to any political out fit.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:49 am

Common man in India primarily cares for (a) Inflation (b) Job (c) Corruption (d) caste (e) Semi decent Governance (f) Religion, If you are a minority

Everything else including Rahul in Janeu, CBI directors and Rafale and Ache-din and war-on-twitter and Ram Temple etc. comes after that. So most of the things that rile up (CRamS ji :) too ) folks here mean zilch to the one who hopes to make enough money to feed his/her family.

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:41 am

^^ and which is why the mango man is also very susceptible to sweet-canard bitter-canard doses regularly administered to him by the likes of paplu & mufflu, and which is why the latter feel 'incumbent' to do so with the mango public, who've no access to swarajya or opindia or indiafacts or what-have-you (for eg, " modiji ne cbi director ko isliye hata diya kyonki wo rafale par jaanch karne ja rahe the"). gossips & repeated lies are perhaps enough to form opinions for them.

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:46 am

since mathrubhumi was being discussed here.....there has been news going around cautioning people not to give your name & contact no. in case someone comes at your door requesting to subscribe to MB. if you refuse, they ask for & note down your contact info. this is a ploy. the list of names will be used as a people's petition seeking women-entry to Sabarimala Mandir.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:23 pm

Vikas wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:49 am
Common man in India primarily cares for (a) Inflation (b) Job (c) Corruption (d) caste (e) Semi decent Governance (f) Religion, If you are a minority

Everything else including Rahul in Janeu, CBI directors and Rafale and Ache-din and war-on-twitter and Ram Temple etc. comes after that. So most of the things that rile up (CRamS ji :) too ) folks here mean zilch to the one who hopes to make enough money to feed his/her family.
Then why do you keep haranguing everyday Modi is not doing anything for Hindus? Hindutva alone wont get votes.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:46 pm

Mandir Bachao: Why Sabarimala Is More Important Than Ram Mandir Right Now

Mandir Bachao: Why Sabarimala Is More Important Than Ram Mandir Right Now

R Jagannathan, Oct 29, 2018,

Snapshot
Amit Shah will have to win this test of wills first. Pehle mandir bachao, phir mandir banao. The BJP’s pathway to the south will be opened if it wins this contest.

Clearly, the Supreme Court is not going to play to the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP’s) timeline on the Ram mandir in Ayodhya, as its decision to delay hearings till January shows. If anyone in the BJP thought this was going to happen before the 2019 elections, they must have been delusional. To expect the Supreme Court – in fact, any court – to decide such a hugely contentious issue just in time for an election would be damaging its own credibility. If the verdict went one way, it would have been accused of pandering to majoritarianism; if it went another way, it would have angered the Hindus. A compromise solution would have satisfied nobody, and more review petitions would have been filed.

The BJP is actually focusing on the wrong mandir: its priority should not be the Ram mandir, which can come in its own time, but Sabarimala. Its watchword for the coming elections should be Mandir Bachao, rather than Mandir Banao.

It is foolish to talk about a mandir that does not exist, when thousands of others in southern India face an existential crisis, thanks to state meddling in them. Sabarimala is Exhibit 1. If this mandir is saved from “secular” marauders, the remaining thousands of Hindu temples now under state control can entertain some hope of freedom some time in the not-too-distant future.

The BJP is fooling no one by its stand on Sabarimala – leave alone Ayodhya – when all it has words to offer. Two days ago, party president Amit Shah, in Kannur to open a party office, said that if the state government of Pinarayi Vijayan continued to harass Ayyappa devotees, who have been arrested by the thousand, the BJP would not hesitate to pull the state government down. He also wondered why the Supreme Court was issuing unimplementable orders, and how it decided that one fundamental right (article 14) could override another (articles 25-26, the right to religious freedom and practices).

However, there is no way Shah can pull down the Kerala government. And Vijayan has neatly turned the tables on Shah by asking whether he was threatening the state government or the Supreme Court. He is using strong-arm tactics and political misinformation to defeat the protestors, who are backed by the BJP, among others. One line of attack is to reduce the Sabarimala protests to a mere BJP/Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh ruckus. Another is to insidiously claim – and this may well work with Ezhavas and Dalits – that today women are barred from Sabarimala, tomorrow other castes too could be.

If the BJP really wants to win this contest of political, legal and social wills, and also fight the misinformation, it clearly has to take the battle to the Supreme Court before Vijayan changes the status quo in Sabarimala unilaterally – by pushing women in the 10-50 age group using the police, and imprisoning thousands before the temple opens on 17 November.

According to reports, more than 3,345 protestors have been arrested and 517 cases registered across Kerala by the Vijayan government. This must be one of the most draconian steps taken by any state government for preventing genuine devotees from protesting. So much for religious freedom in Kerala. It exists only for the state to harass believers in Swami Ayyappa – or Hindus in general.

If Shah wants to spike Vijayan’s guns, he has no option but to get the central government to move a plea in the Supreme Court calling for a stay of its September verdict on Sabarimala. It must also seek restraint orders on the Kerala government to force it to release devotees. The Kerala High Court did issue such a warning to the state government, but Vijayan will not listen unless these orders come from the Supreme Court. After all, he can claim he is only implementing what the highest court decreed.

Shah and the BJP will be judged not by their statements, but by strong legal and other interventions to prevent a Sabarimala breach by cultural vandals in the name of gender justice and equality.

It is odd to talk about a mandir in Ayodhya which won’t get built for years, and do nothing more than offer sound-bytes and verbal threats for a temple under siege by atheists and rogue activists who are probably not devotees by any stretch of the imagination.

The Communist Party of India (Marxist) has vowed revenge for being prevented by protestors from allowing the non-believers in when the temple last opened; the next time, Vijayan will make sure that there is no protestor around to prevent them.

Shah will have to win this test of wills first. Pehle mandir bachao, phir mandir banao. The BJP’s pathway to the south will be opened if it wins this contest.

Jagannathan is Editorial Director, Swarajya. He tweets at @TheJaggi.

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:51 pm

Supreme Court adjourns Ayodhya dispute matter, 3-judge bench led by CJI Gogoi says date of hearing will be fixed in January
The Supreme Court has adjourned the hearing in the Ayodhya title suit to January, 2019 and said that an appropriate bench will fix the date of hearing. The Supreme Court Bench headed by Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi and comprising Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and KM Joseph did not decide on the date of hearing or the bench. The three-judge bench proceeded to order that the case will be listed in January 2019 for fixing a date for hearing.
When UP SG asked for listing of the case after Diwali, the SC bench replied that they have other priorities. What other priorities, I wonder. Like listening to cases at 2 AM? Sanction bail over phone :evil:

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:17 pm

RVAIDYA2000 @rvaidya2000 Oct 23

so it escalates:))))))))))))))))))RT
Women Devotees File Petition In Kerala HC For Police Protection To Visit Sabarimala Temple [Read Petition] | Live Law https://www.livelaw.in/women-devotees-f ... 6M.twitter … via @livelawindia
Go to the link if you have the time.

There, it also has the 26 page petition which I am unable to link to this post.

Women Devotees File Petition In Kerala HC For Police Protection To Visit Sabarimala Temple. [Read Petition]

Women Devotees File Petition In Kerala HC For Police Protection To Visit Sabarimala Temple [Read Petition]

LIVE LAW NEWS NETWORK OCTOBER 23, 2018

A petition has been filed in the High Court of Kerala by four women devotees seeking police protection for visiting Sabarimala temple.

The petitioners – Adv. Maya Krishnan, Adv.Rekha.S, Jalajamol P.S and Jeejamol P.S- state that they are Hindu women aged below 50 years, having faith in Lord Ayyappa of Sabarimala. They intend to visit Sabarimala to offer prayers in furtherance of the Supreme Court decision in Indian Young Lawyers Association case, which invalidated the restriction on women between the age group of 10 and 50 years to enter the temple as unconstitutional. The petitioners state that despite the SC declaration, several persons and organizations have openly declared that they will not let women enter the temple.

The petition has arrayed Congress Party, BJP, Mullappally Ramachandran(KPCC President), P S Sreedharan Pillai(BJP State President), Ramesh Chennithala (Leader of Opposition), Pandalam Palace Nirvahaka Sanghom and Sabarimala Thantri Kandararu Rajeevaru as party respondents, and has stated that these respondents “are instigating some extremist Hindu groups under the name Sabarimala Karma Samithy and various other names, who have no recognized leaders, to the knowledge of these petitioners. In the TV Channels and Social Media they are creating threat to life against those who may attempt to enter in to the Sabarimala“.

It is further stated that these respondents “are instigating violence in the name of an unfounded and ritual practice held to be unconstitutional by the Hon’ble Supreme Court.They are continuing their own illegal agitation and also instigating communal violence their public declarations leads to violence which promotes enmity between different groups of society instigating violence in the ground of caste, religion and gender. Their acts are prejudicial to the maintenance of harmony”.

The petition narrates acts of violence which took place in Nilakkal and Pampa regions over the last five days when Sabarimala temple was opened for puja. It is also stated in the petition that women who attempted to enter temple as per the SC judgment were forced to back off by the agitating mob, who have taken law into their hands to unleash violence and terror in the area. “Women between the ages of 10 and 50 are braided as outcasts and are prevented from exercising their religious rights. With this purpose, they are organizing negative social movements, armed drills and similar other activities intending that the participants shall use or be trained to use criminal force or violence against woman of the age group of 10 to 50”, submits the petition

The petition-filed through Advocate C V Manuvilsan-further states that the agitation has been engineered at the instance of Pandalam Palace and Sabarimala tanthri as “they fear that once Supreme Court judgment is allowed there is every chance that in future, the Court may interfere in the matter of hereditary rights being enjoyed by the Thandri Family and priesthood rights being enjoyed by the Brahminical caste without any constitutional or statutory basis”.

The petition states that “by virtue of being a priest or Tandri, they are gaining undue advantage and collecting and removing large amount from the temple by way of remuneration and also illegal collection from devotees who are ignorant. It is understood by the Petitioners that the Pandalam Raja is enjoying special rights without any legal basis at Pandalam and Sannidhanam. On the way to Sannidhanam onwards, they collect large amount of money by misleading the devotees proclaiming themselves as rajas even though they have absolutely no right to collect any amount”

According to the petitioners, the protests are carried out to protect such privileges enjoyed by the erstwhile royal family of Pandalam and Thanthri. The petitioners allege that the Thanthri and the erstwhile royal family have “hidden agendas” behind the protests.

The petition therefore seeks police protection to the petitioners to exercise their right to visit and pray at Sabarimala temple. The petition further seeks to direct the State government to take necessary legal action against party respondents and prevent them from indulging in unconstitutional and illegal acts of preventing women of age of 10 to 50 from entering Sabarimala temple. It also seeks a direction to the Devaswom board to take necessary steps to prevent the Tandris, Priests, Pandalam Raja family members and Vavarswamy Shrine Authorities from separately collecting any money from pilgrims and declare that all donations collected by them from any other place in the name of Sabarimala Ayyapa Deity are liable to be accounted to Devaswom board.

Read Petition

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Sachin wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:25 am
crams wrote:I think SuSwamy is as usual being a rabble-rouser but at the same time hedging his bets to appear to be in favor of ModiJi.
As I see it SuSwamy is a loose cannon, and seems to be extremely prejudiced against RoP and RoL and is very supportive of Hinduism & culture associated with it. And he supports parties & people who he feels is with him on a specific cause. SuSwamy may support BJP in one case, and may support Congress in another issue. But SuSwamy's support is not guaranteed to any political out fit.
Yes, Subbu Swamy is an interesting character. Highly intelligent, but highly maverick too. No one can trust him too much because he changes sides so often. Modi did the right thing of keeping him out, he would have loved to be FM and I think he is well qualified for it too. But you have to be loyal to the Govt and the PM if you want to be in the Government, you cannot be an insider and take potshots at the Govt like Swamy usually does. Tharoor is another guy like Subbu. Highly intelligent, so they find it difficult to keep their mouth shut when they need to, so get into trouble.