POLL THREAD: Has NaMo's BJP Govt Done Enough for Hindu Causes?

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.

Has NaMo's BJP Govt Done Enough for Hindu Causes?

No, and I am disappointed/disillusioned by this.
19%
Not yet, but I’m OK to wait until a 2nd or 3rd consecutive NDA term for concrete results on this front.
67%
No, and I never expected that they would do more than they have.
5%
Yes, they’ve done as much as I expected.
10%

Total votes: 63

Rudradev
BGR Newbie

Re: POLL THREAD: Has NaMo's BJP Govt Done Enough for Hindu Causes?

Post by Rudradev » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Yes. Exactly ONE vote claiming to be "Disappointed/Disillusioned" with Modi in the post-demonetisation version of this poll :twisted:

I guess we know who had enough personal bile, greed, dishonesty, and most importantly time on his hands to cast a vote 180+ times on the non-secured version of the poll :rotfl:

Rudradev
BGR Newbie

Post by Rudradev » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:40 am

Oh ho ho, now it's THREE votes. I guess some frantic WhatsApp coordination must have happened between the Closet Congis who lurk on BGF.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:39 am

Well, the poll as of recently removed my one vote for "No, and I never expected that they would do more than they have." I just voted again and it put it back for now.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:18 am

Even though the govt has itself not done everything directly that we want it to do for the HIndu causes, the presence of a BJP govt that too with full majority has enabled Hindus to do a lot of things which otherwise would have not been done. Now we have Indic literary festivals. We have channels lending voices to nationalistic causes. We have several Indic online portals come up and grow rapidly like Swarajya, OpIndia, HMP, post card etc. We have several Hindu organisations now raising their voice for Hindu causes like temple control etc.

In addition we have steps the BJP is taking for Hindu issues like FCRA checks, NRC, Citizenship amendment etc.

Even if BJP does not solve all Hindu issues pronto, the mere presence of a BJP govt will allow Hindus to organize better to further their cause.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:22 am

hanumadu wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:18 am
Even if BJP does not solve all Hindu issues pronto, the mere presence of a BJP govt will allow Hindus to organize better to further their cause.
The problem is that many arm-chair general Hindutwavadis have kind of out-sourced the "Save Hinduism" business to BJP, and they want some quick results. Add to this group the trojan horses from the "secular camp" also suddenly realising their love for Hindutwa ;) :).

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:06 pm

The problem is more than that.

People think that people have outsourced this work to BJP.. but what else is a law abiding citizen supposed to do, eh? You wouldn't prefer them to go start lynching, would you?? Let's see, what else is there.. peaceful protests on the street so noone can care? How about opinion pieces in TOI-let paper? All said and done, this needs political support.

Typically this "stay calm and wait a few BJP terms" attitude comes from NRIs not having to bear the brunt of this civilizational crisis. You vote for BJP because they are the best bet and hope they turn the tide in your favour.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:44 am

not true JT, mango people can do a lot of things. in order of precedence a) be aware themselves b) educate those around them. once a and b are done c) form groups of like minded people to share the gyan and help each other and society as required.

if everyone of us did this there would be a grassroots pressure for change, which gives parties like the bjp the political capital to do the things we want them to do.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:25 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:06 pm
...but what else is a law abiding citizen supposed to do, eh? You wouldn't prefer them to go start lynching, would you?? Let's see, what else is there.. peaceful protests on the street so noone can care? How about opinion pieces in TOI-let paper? All said and done, this needs political support.
I guess you are being sarcastic (unless you actual mean the lynching part) and I see no reason for sarcasm.

One thing that one can do- and Modi himself has asked for it explicitly saying it is necessary to counter lies, falsehoods on social media (there is a video posted by KL Dubey 4 months ago with his words, where MOdi was addressing the party workers) . None of this requires one to go out on the streets. More importantly, it does not differentiate between NRI or resident.

I'll agree with Rahul's post above , and the order of precedence. If you meant your question seriously, that is a good guide.

I am doing only (a) part so far (i.e. stay educated). I am unwillingly being thrust into situation (b) where people who know I support Modi now open fire with multiple rocket launchers (Katyusha, Pinaka type fire). So, I have no choice but to convert (a) to (b) now. I am seriously considering taking a set of printed notes (from Modi achievement archives) to social parties. Situation has come to that. A friend of 20 years recently unloaded on me because of my Modi support (this guy was going off about North vs. South, that Modi does not like TN because he supports North, and that center is controlling TN though the governor, Gurumurthy and some IAS officer) . Next time I go to house, I will take my notes with me- atleast on Modi achievements. I dont know the TN situation in detail, but none can argue against Modi sarkaar's improvements.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:03 pm

^^ Tell him it is the same Modi trying to push expressways all over TN:

1. Chennai - Salem
2. Chennai - Bangalore
3. Minjur/Ennore port - Chittoor (to join the #2 e-way)
4. Salem - Coimbatore 8-lane highway (starting from end of #1 e-way up to Neelambur, near Tirupur, beyond which it is already 6-lanes)
5. Thanjavur - Karaikkudi - Madurai expressway (this will form part of an alternate 4/6 lane route from Chennai)
6. Madurai elevated expressway
7. India's longest elevated 6-lane e-way for 40 kms between Chennai port and Sriperumbudur (including cleaning up the mess Jaya left in the Port-Maduravoyal e-way)
8. Tiruchi-Karur-Coimbatore greenfield 6-lane highway (will also end up forming a ring road around CBE city)
9. Madurai 2nd ring road
10. ECR becoming an NH + four laning
11. Kanyakumari-Nagercoil-Trivandrum 4-laning with an elevated road over Parvathipuram

Railways:
1. Finished doubling the Chennai - Madurai rail line.
2. Tiruchi-Thanjavur doubling, with electrification up to Karaikal.
3. Madurai - Nagercoil doubling + electrification
4. 4-tracks on all suburban sections around Madras - longest stretch being 67km to Arakkonam near INS Rajali. Further expansion with a 3rd track between Tambaram-Chengalpattu under way.

Ports:
1. Enayam/Colachel port (if the locals would ever allow it)
2. Improved rail and road connectivity to Ennore, Kattupalli, Chennai, Karaikal and Tuti.

Airports:
1. Expansion of CBE airport
2. Thanjavur and Vellore airports under construction
3. Apart from Chennai, Tiruchi, CBE and MDU, Tuti, Salem, Pondichery airport operational under UDAN, with Hosur coming soon.
4. MAA airport is under expansion, and 2nd airport is awaiting decision from state govt.

Defence:
1. DefExpo was organized in Chennai, and very well at that. I know, I was there. Our kudimagans insisted on showing black flags as a welcome, delegates be damned. Strong presence from firms based in Salem, CBE, Tiruchi anticipating the defence corridor.
2. Defence corridor in TN - announced and work underway. As we know from BRF, defence-related stuff cannot happen overnight.
3. AMCA development is reported to be at Coimbatore - perhaps an attempt to grow an alternative aerospace centre to BLR.

Any parts of TN feeling left out? This guy must seriously be living under a rock if he didn't know any of the above. Or he is one those who pretend to be asleep... :rotfl:

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:00 pm

^^^ This guy is actually politically savvy and has some connections. That's what surprised me. He says he's spoken to a lot of the people. I told him about the LCA Defence corridor in Coimbatore and the 2 meetings there- worth 1000s of crores for the next 20 and maybe even 50 years of industrial development- because I of what I read on BRF LCA thread. He had NO clue what I was talking about. Then I knew that he was doing selective analysis.

His main beef was that Modi 'was controlling TN through Governor, Gurumurthy, some IAS officers and that EP and OPS were bypassed'. I dont know what's really going on, and did not contradict him on this, other than saying that governors have in the past, been used to impose center's will (around the state govt.) and that congress party had perfected this into an art form in their 70 years. He had no idea (!).

In terms of development, I know I am on solid ground. He brought up that Modi was anti-TN and anti-South. I've seen and met people who have a state-wise bias (overt and covert) and assured him that I was the expert on that, compared to him. And that there was no bias I saw, other than Modi opposing specific regional political parties. This is politics, and could be seen as bias by some (and spun into anti-xxx by others).

He said that pro-separation people in TN who were always around and not paid attention to were now gaining an audience. And he did not want to see that happen. He did not like that Chidambaram was being 'harassed' and kept busy from contesting elections. That shows to some extent his proclivity. Because he is a friend I did not contradict him solidly, otherwise I would have told him that the intention was to imprison PC (and not just harass).

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:31 am

sorry..your friend is a dumeel.

Raj Malhotra
BGR Newbie

Post by Raj Malhotra » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:25 am

Is it time to up this thread?

merlin
BGR Newbie

Post by merlin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:02 pm

No not time yet. Let us wait for 2019.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:12 pm

Raj Malhotra wrote:Is it time to up this thread?
merlin wrote:No not time yet. Let us wait for 2019.
The title of this thread is POLL THREAD: Has NaMo's BJP Govt Done Enough for Hindu Causes?. The assumption is that BJP was expected "to do enough" for Hindu causes. Failure or success in this act would determine its electoral chances. My question is this hypothesis a valid one in the first place? That any "to do enough" for Hindu causes has a fair chance of winning?

To be frank, on the social media I did see that the drubbing of BJP was due to not handling Hindutwa issues properly. But there is a big world out side social media who may have voted on different thought process. I don't know if we "arm chair warriors" will not even be able to figure out. For us the "arm chair warriors" with lots of internet time, most of our day to day existence is pretty much taken care off. So we have time for more "intellectual masturbation" ;).

ritz82
BGR Newbie

Post by ritz82 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:21 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:18 am
Even though the govt has itself not done everything directly that we want it to do for the HIndu causes, the presence of a BJP govt that too with full majority has enabled Hindus to do a lot of things which otherwise would have not been done. Now we have Indic literary festivals. We have channels lending voices to nationalistic causes. We have several Indic online portals come up and grow rapidly like Swarajya, OpIndia, HMP, post card etc. We have several Hindu organisations now raising their voice for Hindu causes like temple control etc.

In addition we have steps the BJP is taking for Hindu issues like FCRA checks, NRC, Citizenship amendment etc.

Agree to all your points.

However if Modi and BJP with the historic mandate could not do
- ucc
- ram mandir
- triple talaq
- kashmiri pandit rehabilitation and resettlement in the valley etc. etc. Then when will they start doing it. At least intent and setting the ball rolling stuff should have been done by now....isnt 4 1/2 enough for that?

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:09 pm

The term Hindu cause is a bit misleading. Its easy to define a christian cause, islamic cause, buddhist cause etc. But the Hindu 'cause' is a very wide net. No matter what anybody or any party does for core Hindutva or Sanatan if you want to call it, will not reverberate with many Hindus and factions within Hindus given their faultlines and varied needs and fancies. Even if NaMo fights for core Hindutva his vote share will not change, in fact might go down as people will open up another channel to fault him. I dont think any Indian leader in his right mind would want to bet his political career on the idea that Hindus vote in one block for Hindutva causes.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:02 am

Voted Option - 1

Have they done anything for Hindu Cause - No
Did they promise that they will do anything for Hindu cause - Not explicitly
Am I still disappointed - you bet

abhik
BGR Newbie

Post by abhik » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:34 am

+1, option 2 always sounded like an excuse to me.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:28 am

Have we thought if Hindus actually want Modi to build RJB and do other 'Hindutva' stuff? I am skeptical that apart from some (~10%) of the Hindu population, rest don't give a rats ass to Hindutva. This is what I am increasingly seeing in cities & even tier 2 towns. Youth has drank too much of secular koolaid. They only want a comfortable life with all modern (western) amenities and religion can go take a walk. Why do you think so many Love Jihad cases are from tier 2 towns? The aspirations of these non-metro areas are as high as those of the people in metro and they think aping English speaking deracinated elite is one way to progress or be accepted as an 'educated modern' lot. If RJB is somehow built by the Modi government, then it may not bring a landslide that everyone expects.

Infact, I am beginning to feel that if RJB is not built by Modi government, it will probably never be built. A sickular Congi government or their Judiciary may build a Hospital or School on the land and secular dhimmi Hindus will stand on the moral high ground and cheer their own upcoming extinction.

vishvak
BGR Member

Post by vishvak » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:48 pm

Voted point 2 for following reasons:
* Internal : corrosive ideologies halted, dharmic panths can grow organic i.e. freedom is more, much work needed was done in slow pace due to law/rule lethargy.

* External : pakis know intention of strong defence with surgical strike, Chinese halted at border with Bhutan with kabaddi etcetera, defence much more confident

All in all, respite for not just Hindoo but much needed clarity and breather. Looking at recent incident involving sentinel tribes, we gotta be vigilant to avoid lies spread about thousands of years repeatedly by interested parties.

We are not only fighting for Hindoo as narrowly defined but all vulnerable groups as well within from Kashmiri pandit and ladakhis to sentinel and such and such. Can't afford to lower guard.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:51 am

how does the BJP propose to check who are really hindu refugees from TSP/BD before giving them citizenship. if a BD muslim comes with fake docs or no docs claiming he is oppressed hindu , how is govt going to cross verify given that neither TSP or BD will co-operate in this process.

there is a thriving racket in producing fake aadhar cards and passports for BD migrants of all stripes who either settle into india or move on via immigration channels to aus/eu like the latest episode in kochi.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:44 am

+1

IMHO a law is a mistake.. these should have been done individually on a case by case basis.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:24 am

I don't agree. Law specifically has a cut of date. Even otherwise only the waiting years were reduced from 11 to 6 years. This will be a major thing to save Assam from BD invasion. We should welcome it. Of course it is not perfect. But a much needed step in right direction.

Shandilya
BGR Newbie

Post by Shandilya » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:45 am

Stop posturing and build the Ram Mandir this term.

In their next term:
1. reunit pok with India and let people from other states settle in unified JKL state.
2. One Country One Law, get rid of Islamic, Parsi, Hindu law.
3. Dump Reservations.

In third term:
1. Get back chini occupied lands.
2. Free tibet.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:38 am

Focus on winning next elections whatever it takes.
We can't afford another MMS reign.