POLL THREAD: Has NaMo's BJP Govt Done Enough for Hindu Causes?

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.

Has NaMo's BJP Govt Done Enough for Hindu Causes?

No, and I am disappointed/disillusioned by this.
19%
Not yet, but I’m OK to wait until a 2nd or 3rd consecutive NDA term for concrete results on this front.
67%
No, and I never expected that they would do more than they have.
5%
Yes, they’ve done as much as I expected.
10%

Total votes: 63

Rudradev
BGR Newbie

POLL THREAD: Has NaMo's BJP Govt Done Enough for Hindu Causes?

Post by Rudradev » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:33 pm

BGF doesn't have a poll feature (that I could find) so the poll is hosted at this link:

https://linkto.run/p/VO28SJM3

Please go to the above link to vote.

Poll results can be seen here:

https://linkto.run/r/VO28SJM3

QUESTION: Has NaMo BJP Govt Done As Much As You Expected For Hindu Causes?

ANSWERS:
1) No, and I am disappointed/disillusioned by this.
2) Not yet, but I’m OK to wait until a 2nd or 3rd consecutive NDA term for concrete results on this front.
3) No, and I never expected that they would do more than they have.
4) Yes, they’ve done as much as I expected.

If you wish, please state your choice below for further discussion.

A lot of the Great Indian Political Drama thread seems to subside into discussions of this issue again and again, so I thought a dedicated poll thread for it would be appropriate.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Re: POLL THREAD: Has NaMo's BJP Govt Done Enough for Hindu Causes?

Post by Gus » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:24 pm

my thoughts.

i vote 2.

i recognize that

1. you have to pick your battles. no point in wasting political capital on unwinnable battles (due to RS numbers, legal tangles, pre-requisites, political minefield etc). it's a long game.

2. toilets saves lives. hindu lives (along with other lives). why is that sort of stuff not "hindu cause"? To me that is ALSO hindu cause. Anything that betters Indians are 80% hindu betterment and I'll take it as betterment of hindus.

3. good enough is good enough for me. i am not going to chase this "perfection".
plus 70 is ALWAYS better than minus 100.

dinesh_kumar
BGR Newbie

Post by dinesh_kumar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:09 am

After getting majority, if one is not ready to go into battle, and whine abt RS number in weak voice, what more can one do?
Sonia brought in RTE with 200 seats, Indira changed constitution with 300 seats.

But here......well, what more can one do?

The govt. refuses to use the means at their disposal and take action, and instead buldegeon's the middle class, why should anyone vote for them?

NaMo lacks the will to take action and improve things, even after 5 years unhindered power.
Toilets and road building cannot be an effective argument in any forum, are not the "meat" of an arguement which get people to vote.

merlin
BGR Newbie

Post by merlin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:21 am

Voted 1. NOTA for me this time around.

ricky
BGR Newbie

Post by ricky » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:50 am

Voted 2, the bjps presence is like a non negative thing, not necessarily a positive for Hindu causes,but at least statements like minorities have first right on national resources are not uttered.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:37 am

Voted 2. The current GoI may be the best option the majority religion has. Others are far more worse.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:38 am

dinesh_kumar wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:09 am
Toilets and road building cannot be an effective argument in any forum, are not the "meat" of an arguement which get people to vote.
Then what would be the "meat" which you feel would help you win the argument, or make people vote? India is a vast country and all people may not vote based on 1-2 issues.

dinesh_kumar
BGR Newbie

Post by dinesh_kumar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:57 am

^ what was promised in election manefesto and Speeches is the meat.

The worthies knew that such issues are close to peoples heart, that's why they uttered them .

No NDA member has mentioned their manifesto ever since.

dinesh_kumar
BGR Newbie

Post by dinesh_kumar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:33 am

- There is no mention of "toilet building" in the manifesto.

- Now, however, in small teeny weeny letters, there is mention of such terms as follows
- " effective mechanism to fight corruption". (For me, this means that such severe actions are taken that no Official will touch corrupt practices with 10 foot pole. )
- Ram Mandir
-UCC
-Kashmir Pandit rehabilation

I didn't put it there, he did.

All I ask is he deliver what he promised.

bharotshontan
BGR Newbie

Post by bharotshontan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:19 pm

Voted 2 option. All BJP had was a simple majority in LS. RS, Supreme Court, Lutyens media, simply too much inertia stacked against us. The tactic of reaching socio economic empowerment at the deepest individual level inside Bharat is the first building block and that is what BJP has delivered upon.

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:39 pm

49 votes, half of them for option 1 going by the poll numbers.

RD ji,
Looks like the poll has been hijacked by elements external to BGF(mods/admins should tweak the forum's SW to enable polls so that members onlee polls can be held) and i also suspect multiple voting is possible from different IPs in this case ?
Anyway my vote was for option 2 (voted once onlee).
Further I am not a politically illiterate MYTY (poser?) who insists on option 1.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:11 pm

dinesh_kumar wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:09 am
complain complain complain
there. fixed.

now, please state your issue. state the solution. tell how modi could have done it, in a viable possible manner and demonstrate that he could have done it, but did not do it.

then state how Rahul would do it for you.

If you cannot do that, you are either a rahul supporter pretending to be a hindutva guy, or an useful idiot for him. take your pick.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:24 am

dinesh_kumar wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:33 am
- " effective mechanism to fight corruption". (For me, this means that such severe actions are taken that no Official will touch corrupt practices with 10 foot pole. )
- Ram Mandir
-UCC
-Kashmir Pandit rehabilation
Serious question.

Do you expect Sonia or Rahul G. to push these issues forward (afterall, she passed RTE with 200 MPs and therefore very capable).

dinesh_kumar
BGR Newbie

Post by dinesh_kumar » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:52 am

Gus....ha ha. That's funny!

Ya, Sonia won't, she is Anti Hindu, but she never played with our sentiments and promised us moon.

From the beginning she was focused and clear that middle class Hindus don't matter.

NaMo, unfortunately like Prithviraj Chauhan. Indranil has explained it beautifully in another situation, by use of the word " squandered".

Way could he have done better?

Put the corrupt in jail, refuse to release them inspite of media backlash, and merely say" I kept my promises ".

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:23 am

dinesh_kumar wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:52 am
Put the corrupt in jail, refuse to release them inspite of media backlash, and merely say" I kept my promises ".
My dear sir. We are not living in the days of a king & kingdom where the king can just put some one inside a prison and walk away. When you put some one inside there is a whole judicial process which needs to be followed. It is not the media backlash which matters but the myriad laws in India and the whole judicial process.
Ya, Sonia won't, she is Anti Hindu, but she never played with our sentiments and promised us moon.
From the beginning she was focused and clear that middle class Hindus don't matter.
So can I take that you accept Sonia is Anti-Hindu but you don't mind being ruled by her or her proxies? You are also clear that for her Middle Class Hindus don't matter and you are fine with that as well? To summarise you prefer to be under a regime which you for sure know would treat you as a second class citizen.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:28 am

Very Interesting results.

49.1% or 28/57 voted 1 as of now. I haven't voted yet, but it would be 1. That would make the count for #2 exactly 50% 29/58.

Which means that even on this forum, half of people are disappointed with Modi. You can only imagine how many are disappointed in the real world where censorship does not take place.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:58 am

AbhishekC wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:28 am
Which means that even on this forum, half of people are disappointed with Modi. You can only imagine how many are disappointed in the real world where censorship does not take place.
If elections results are extrapolated on the basis of internet forum surveys we may have seen only "secular" governments in the country. If I only relied on the news papers I read, I was pretty sure that the NDA candidate for Rajya Sabha Dy. Chairman would lose big time and the "mahathugbandhan" would win spectacularly.

Yes there could be lots of people disappointed with Modi, and it would be seen in the polls. But we must also know that there is a vast population in India who do not have the luxury of freaking out on the internet, answer forum surveys or even watch TV debates (!?) on a continuous basis. For example if Modi (and his party) is able to get into the mind of the poorer strata of society (who don't visit internet forums, watch English TV channel debates, or listen to "intellectual masturbation" of the experts), that itself would be a game changer. The elections in India are not fought on a few pan-India issues alone.

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:03 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:28 am
Very Interesting results.

49.1% or 28/57 voted 1 as of now. I haven't voted yet, but it would be 1. That would make the count for #2 exactly 50% 29/58.

Which means that even on this forum, half of people are disappointed with Modi. You can only imagine how many are disappointed in the real world where censorship :rotfl: does not take place.
Any one with the link can vote any number of times.Heck the poll is opening even in an incognito tab and giving the option to vote.
We are not idiots to fall for the hare brained conclusions you layout for us from such a poll.I guess your paki and beedi pissful brothers from another mother who tend to lurk in such an open forum have supported you in your time of need.You must be proud of them !!

Anyway i think you should concentrate on making Mamta the next PM or fail trying , accompanied with your usual bullshit that RSS/NaMo betrayed Bengal. She will find for you a judwa bhai from amongst the beedi muslims who will ghar jamaofy with you and together you can sing the sufi bauls (or fight the civil war)for the new bong identity - based on 2019 outcome.

We will stick with Modi.Thank you.
Last edited by Lilo on Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 pm

As far as Mamta is concerned, I think Bengal is a fit case for President's rule, even ahead of J&K, as of this time.

And Mamta is not going to be the next PM, it is more likely to be either LK Advani or Pranab Mukherjee, as far as I can assess based on open source information.

Mamta is Pranab's battering ram. He has groomed her since her earliest days, and s now using to destabalise Modi. And some sections in the RSS are also against Modi, but are keeping quite because he is the best single vote catcher they have. Do you remember the photo of Pranab Mukherjee, LK Advani, etc having lunch in Naveen Patnaik's house?

RSS has politically castrated Modi at this time. Ministers are being appointed by Amit Shah. That is why Piyush Goyal is the FM now, and not Arun Jhootlie.

As per my assessment, RSS and old Congress hands that are anti-Sonia are joining hands together to form a national government after 2019 elections.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:23 pm

dinesh_kumar wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:52 am
Way could he have done better?

right..

and this is why nobody takes the 'i am hindutva, what did modi do for me, i am going nota' crowd seriously.

I asked you a serious question, instead of making a good case, you come with nonsense.

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:52 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 pm
As far as Mamta is concerned, I think Bengal is a fit case for President's rule, even ahead of J&K, as of this time.

And Mamta is not going to be the next PM, it is more likely to be either LK Advani or Pranab Mukherjee, as far as I can assess based on open source information.

Mamta is Pranab's battering ram. He has groomed her since her earliest days, and s now using to destabalise Modi. And some sections in the RSS are also against Modi, but are keeping quite because he is the best single vote catcher they have. Do you remember the photo of Pranab Mukherjee, LK Advani, etc having lunch in Naveen Patnaik's house?

RSS has politically castrated Modi at this time. Ministers are being appointed by Amit Shah. That is why Piyush Goyal is the FM now, and not Arun Jhootlie.

As per my assessment, RSS and old Congress hands that are anti-Sonia are joining hands together to form a national government after 2019 elections.
Baap re :rotfl: !!

Isolated some Wire/Caravan kind of headlines from above
1)
Headline: "All is not well in BJP.Modi - Shah fallout"
Subtext: Modi can no more depend on AS , end of line for BJP?

2)
Headline: "Advani back in the saddle"
Subtext:"RSS brings in the old hand to rein in Modi-Shah rift"

3)
Headline:"RSS not happy with Modi"
Subtext:"RSS seeks out Advani with the blessings of Pranab"

5)
Headline:"Bold and Bipartisan - Advani and Pranab chart the Modi mukt BJP and Sonia mukt Congress plan"
Subtext:"RSS puts the brakes on Modi's Congress mukt Bharat plan"

6)
Headline:"Naveen Patnaik's new poem collection released by American ambassador"
Subtext:"Naveen Patnaik's literary genius is lauded by Pranab and Advani.But Mamta is a better Artist, I purchased her latest painting:Pranab"

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:30 pm

Lilo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:52 pm
:rotfl: seems to be your standard response!

Suffering from too much cognitive dissonance I see :rotfl:

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:48 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:30 pm
Lilo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:52 pm
:rotfl: seems to be your standard response!

Suffering from too much cognitive dissonance I see :rotfl:
Naah... Maja nahi aaya.
Come on... I want more posts like your previous gem !!

Trawl more Wire/caravan headlines written by your dhimmi or commie badhralok pals and post it like a grand expose here ...
That was far more entertaining than replying for my one emoticon roftl with 2 emoticons and adding the now vapid beaten phrase "cognitive dissonance" into it.
Anyway what is the expression for "cognitive dissonance" in Bengali?

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:46 pm

More than 70% are ok with the gov. I don't think we need to worry about anything here.

bharotshontan
BGR Newbie

Post by bharotshontan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Amount of friendly fire going on in this saffron on saffron is Paki-esque green on green style. Maybe Tharoor is on to something. I seriously hope all these NOTA's are just online ranters and are not going to make or break 2019.

The bulk of Hindu social insecurities need to be handled at the ground level ala Hindu Samhati/Hindu Yuva Vahini style organizations. Understand that it is the street muscle power of Islamists that has held Bharat hostage from 1946 to the power of thugs. Balance needs to come about on the street level. All this legislate this today or nota nonsense is nonsense. It isn't like a single self respecting Hindu is going to willingly buy property and set up business inside Kashmir valley once article 370 is removed. There is no article 370 in Metiabruz Kolkata or Kairana UP. Yet palayan is reality. If anyone thinks removal of 370 is going to change valley demographics they need a wake up call.

Those kinds of things make it to manifesto because they just need to be in there. Period. BJP represents the political fountainhead of that particular aspiration of Indic interests. It is always worth it to shoot for the stars, at least on paper. But come to reality and realize what is what.