The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by Gus » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:23 pm

MGB is not that easy for opposition. Seat sharing is going to create issues. Leader may give up some constituency to ally but the local guy can stand independent and split votes.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:23 am

Supratik wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:05 pm
Interestingly Arnab is giving only 36 seats to BJP in UP assuming a MGB and NDA still gets 276.
He is giving 16 seats to BJP In Bengal.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:17 am

Didn't want to waste my time, but in any case watched dorkie interviewing Tanushree. He seems obsessed with this as well. Sometimes, I wonder if dorkie is fake.In his new avatar post TimesNow, he has swing wildly in favor of BJP, which I like his annoying decibel level and obnoxious style notwithstanding. But every now and then he lets his mask slip and joins the pseudo liberal bandwagon with his excessive secularism and now joining the "metoo" crap.

Anyway, one of the interesting tit-bits I got from the interview is that this Tanushree lady is working in the tric-cities area in US. And she wants to live the American 'suburban dream'. Anybody knows what kind of work she does? It can't be acting, I doubt even with her embracing of Jesus Christ, an SDRE like her will fit the US entertainment industry. She will not even qualify for the token affirmative action quota, there are enough African Americans and Hispanics to fill those slots. So whats she up to in US? This will give me some clues on who might possibly hold the remote control that actuates her.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:51 am

If BJP indeed wins 16 seats in WB it will be a neck to neck battle with TMC in assembly elections 2021.

Prasan
BGR Newbie

Post by Prasan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:05 am

Rape sets off revenge attacks on UP, Bihar migrants in Gujarat, 180 held
. Congress MLA and AICC secretary in charge of Bihar, Alpesh Thakor, who is also president of the Thakor Sena, which has been blamed for the attacks, has demanded, within 72 hours, the withdrawal of cases against members of his community who were “innocent”.

Thakor told The Indian Express Friday: “I appeal for peace to all those behind these incidents. There could be members from our community and Sena but no such instruction (to launch attacks) was given out from our side (Thakor Sena). This is to only defame us and the Sena. We are only aiming at peace and employment in the state.”
https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... t-5389193/

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:57 am

twitter

3 roads to #Sabarimala. 18 churches built on them. Hv gheraoed #Ayyappa swami.
What is happening?

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:16 am

Abpnews opinion poll predicting Congress will win MP, CH, RJ assembly elections.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:18 am

Aditya_V wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:23 pm
Deportation is impractical, just remove voting rights, right to own property or Agricultural land, movable property, Bank accounts, slowly much of this population will go back to BD with their relatives
Make it mandatory for tenants to undergo a police check before renting a house/flat

AlapArya
BGR Newbie

Post by AlapArya » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:47 am

Supratik wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:16 am
Abpnews opinion poll predicting Congress will win MP, CH, RJ assembly elections.
ABP News polls are a complete fraud. Don't believe them.

From what I know, Axis Polls are more or less on the mark for the North and C-Voter for the South.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:52 am

My personal belief if you will is that BJP will win MP, CH and face a tough fight in RJ due to VR. Only Modi-Shah can rescue RJ.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:56 pm

I haven't see anything from Pravin Patil on upcoming elections. His twitter line seems frozen. Is he hibernating or what?

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:01 pm

Guys, anybody share any antecedents of this latest Lutyen mafia's hearth-throb Harvard prof and now appointed to IIMF, Gita Gopianth? This Uncle Tom prik Sadanand Dhume has some glowing op-ed of her in WSJ saying such 'genuineness' will be unwelcome by ModiJi govt. Now, I must admit, I don't know much about her achievements. From the few articles I read since her appointment to IMF, she disses Demo and in general ModiJi. And last but not the least, she is married to someone who has a p!sfull name, whether he is Indian or Paki I don't know. Not to blindly beat up on a p!sfful, but the very fact that she has a p!ssful husband would make her a starlet in Lutyen's India.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:52 pm

All I know is Gita was my senior in school and Pre-university college so my town is all euphoric from the news. Didn't know her then but some of my friends do.
From what I have read, she was for DeMo, then appears to be against it. But then the press can twist anything. I don't think she disses Modi, I have not see. Can you post links? I thought her husband was Indian Punjabi (Iqbal is also a Punjabi Hindu/Sikh name) but my ex-classmate whose mother knows her mother says he is pissful. I thought Iqbal Dhaliwal was a Hindu/Sikh.

She is 46 and young and fit looking, easy on the eye like Motorma Marissa Mayer makes her the darling of the press. Achievements come later.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:33 pm

How does it matter who is appointed by IMF? India I believe has stopped taking loans from IMF long time back. From the name of the husband it seems he is Sikh.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:39 pm

And last but not the least, she is married to someone who has a p!sfull name, whether he is Indian or Paki I don't know. Not to blindly beat up on a p!sfful, but the very fact that she has a p!ssful husband would make her a starlet in Lutyen's India.
I just found this:

https://www.livemint.com/Opinion/T1BhBN ... urney.html
Iqbal Singh Dhaliwal is the deputy executive director of the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) at the economics department of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the co-scientific director of J-PAL South Asia at IFMR.
https://www.povertyactionlab.org/dhaliwal
Iqbal Singh Dhaliwal is the Executive Director of J-PAL, based at the economics department of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He works with the Board of Directors to develop the organization’s strategic vision, and with the leadership of the six regional offices to coordinate J-PAL’s worldwide research, policy outreach, capacity building, and operations. He is also the Co-Scientific Director of J-PAL’s South Asia regional office, Co-Chair of the Government Partnership Initiative, and Co-Chair of the Innovations in Data, Experiments and Action (IDEA) Initiative. He is a board member of J-PAL, of the NGO Noora Health and an advisory board member of the NGO Evidence Action.

So a Sikh and not pissful.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:42 pm

KJo wrote:From what I have read, she was for DeMo, then appears to be against it. But then the press can twist anything. I don't think she disses Modi, I have not see.
Gita Gopinath, was the economic advisor for Kerala's Chief Minister, now can you beat that? ;) Kerala's Chief Minister today is the only democratically elected communist chief minister in India :lol:. The fact that she was allowed to be one of the advisors to Kerala CM actually gives hints on multiple aspects. That the evil capitalists even forced a communist CM to take her as a special advisor, or to the fact that the communists of Kerala have all become great lovers of capitalism. I am sure such appointments also cannot be without some concurrence of the central government (which certainly believes in capitalism) as well.

gauravsh
BGR Newbie

Post by gauravsh » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:48 pm

Just watch it where Amish speaks, ignore the other speaker !!

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:15 pm

suryag
BGR Newbie

Post by suryag » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:39 pm

On TDs case with NP read this

http://www.gossipguru.in/saffron-stardom/

If the timeline is to be believed it seems gamed. Now chetan Bhagat is also in the doghouse, nice strategy to wean away supporters

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:15 pm

^ as I said earlier, this is all an agenda driven plot. Starting with NP, it will definitely spread to others who are thought to be pro-BJP or simply anti-BIF.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:56 pm

^ But how does that explain someone as pro-BJP as dorkie jumping on the TD bandwagon and taking NP to the cleaners? Also on another show, dorkie was badgering another woman, forget her name, for daring to say the obvious. In Bollywood dance sequences, males and females touch each other. (I might add that in these item #s, the male or the female whoever is the more experienced partner has to touch and hold the other person to demonstrate the correct move. Nothing surprising). And so TD knew what she was getting into. It was a very fair and rational point that this lady guest on dorkie's show made. To which dorkie twisted her words in his usual high octane obnoxious tone to say that she is essentially saying that NP had the right to touch TD, and he went on and on with it.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:35 pm

Primus wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:15 pm
^ as I said earlier, this is all an agenda driven plot. Starting with NP, it will definitely spread to others who are thought to be pro-BJP or simply anti-BIF.
The agenda is an after thought it seems. Wasn't the AIB (who are openly anti modi liberals) guy hammered under #metoo recently? The bimbos are cashing in on their 2 seconds of fame on social media and the real women who face the issue are getting sidelined due to this. The BIF has the capacity to cash in on any issue from rafale to sanitary pads, so the #metoo is a milking cow for them. Notice how they keep mum when the man is a pissful and swing into action otherwise. Though Tanushree's case has all the signs of BIF written all over it. Its hard to believe since the days of the pioneer of soft pawn in india the great raj kappor himself, no actor has misbeheaved with b-graders like Tanushree up until NP. No body, none of the khans including feroze khan etc? hard to digest.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:45 am

Isn't it in the open that Honcho and Lutyen heart-throb Salman Khan abuse Aiswarya Rai? Why is she silent and not using the "metoo" hype to get at him?

RudraJi eloquently and brilliantly pointed out how Bollywood depicts women in the most degrading light, their item songs are misogynistic, and yet all these Bimbos instead of looking into all that are cashing in on this metoo rubbish like programmed slaves. BTW, not to pat myself on the back in my deep understanding of US society, I told you guys, "metoo" circus, indeed most of US feminism that Indian Lutyen Bimbos blindly ape, is all about white women getting back at white men for staking out a claim in the hierarchy of power based on white privilege. Please read this article from today's NYT:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/06/opin ... naugh.html

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:14 am

the TD thing was carefully calibrated, the #metoo thing doesn't look to be and I guess BIF didn't expect it either.