The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Vikas
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by Vikas » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:51 pm

Gus wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:32 pm
Vikas wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:32 am
In all this din, we are failing to take notice the young girls are being raped and killed far too often. Maybe its due to overactive SM but state govts need to clamp down on such incidents ( although we still have Rapists from Nirbhaya episode hanging around, Thank you MiLords since BCCI and Padmavat cases are more important and so is WhatsApp message from Sibbal).
We are getting too much technical on other details but rape of young girls is too horrible for ordinary folks to ignore depite all the political tone of the narrative.
I am not sure that there is a sudden increase. Let's put aside the 'sounding callous and heartless' etc factors, and I say this as a dad of similar aged girl child who is horrified and terribly concerned etc.

what are the numbers, counting for population growth? I doubt that, but once we dig in, we will quickly go down the rabbit hole of what's reported and what's true in what's reported and what's convicted and then it goes into corrupt police and judiciary..

it's much easier to join the outrage for a few days and move on to next outrage...and that's what everybody settles for these days.
Gus Ji, As a mango Abdul, My concern is that such incidents would become new normal for us. Atleast I don't get disturbed anymore, maybe I have lost a piece of humanity somewhere.
Cases may not have increased but surely the noise and din has or maybe there are more girls/women getting raped due to all this migration, lack of dharma and anonymity of an individual.

Every day I see stupid forwards about signing one petition or the other as if someone is going to change the law if enough people sign the petition.
We are fast becoming a nation of cyber outrage and candle light kissers with no appetite to fight it out for a long haul. I may sound a cynic but why should I care for all this outrage when "Esteemed" SC has turned so many brutal cases of rape and murder death sentences into Life terms (Exhibit A: Priyadarshini mattoo case). Why complain and cry now and demand death sentences. Did these celebrity rudalis demand jail sentence for Tarun Tejpal ?

Someone raped and murdered a young kid, put him in jail for few years. Justice done. Why murder and rape of an Adult woman be treated any different from a child.
Anyways this noise will be on till 15th May till KA election and then we will look for new outrage and then we will see same drama in December.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:55 pm

Sachin wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:01 pm
Indrad wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:47 pm
ATMs across the country go dry, FM Jaitley steps in to allay fears of new crisis
The most probable reason for this is; politicians withdrawing money threw their bag men from the ATMs and using it for election purposes. I had noticed this nearly six months back in my part of the woods in KA. It is a rural area and every week end ATMs ran out of cash. The banks may not have the wherewithal or interest to do any thing, but for sure there could be a way to trace the accounts from which tonnes of money gets withdrawn from certain ATM during certain days. Looks like "hoarding money" has now started quite seriously. If the "seculars" again bring up the stories of people dying in front of ATMs, BJP & Co would get hit by another IED. De.Mo problems would all be rinsed & repeated.
So problem should get resolved once KA elections are over ? Sometimes it feels like NaMo sarkaar has given lot of rope to "seculars" with no big fish behind the bars except for one Lallu yadav. Forget the Courts, but how many of them have even been arrested formally except for KC ?
Optics have been not great for BJP of late.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:07 pm

The outrage industry often makes things worse. I will give you the case of Dashwant in Chennai.

the sicko kidnaps small girl Hasini, a neighbor kid. rapes and kills her.
On February 5, when her parents were away, Daswant lured the child who was playing outside, and raped her. When she raised an alarm, he killed her, hid her body in his house for a day and took it out in a travel bag unnoticed by anyone in the flat. He flung the body under a bridge. The next day, he went back to the spot and burnt it. Posing as a passer-by, he also alerted the police control room. The accused had also spoken to a television crew regarding the brutal crime before he was arrested. CCTV footage and other evidence prompted the police to suspect Daswant and arrested him.
from - http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/che ... 253184.ece

police actually did a good job in finding evidences and found him as suspect.

but the outrage industry was not patient. The din they created was so much that the police had to put him under goondas act so he can be jailed immediately.

the real reason why the delay in arresting him was - there is no lab in Chennai for processing dna evidences. It had to be sent to Hyderabad.

Tamil lemurians and in fact..generally all tamils...have this stupid self-patting saying "TN police is next only to scotland yard"..I dunno which idiot said this in what decade...but tamils LOVE to keep saying this stupid thing again and again...when they don't have proper modern lab facilities to process evidences.

long story short, the lawyer for dashwant managed to get him on bail because of technical procedure lapses followed in arresting by goondas..

dude comes out on bail...and then kills own mother because mom was not giving him money.
Police suspect that the 23-year-old youth, Daswant, who was charged with raping and murdering a seven-year-old girl in Mugalivakkam last February, murdered his mother at their house near Kundrathur. Leaving her in a pool of blood, he took away all the jewellery and money in the house, police said.
but now we know that it is the parent's behavior of enabling this sicko's initial proclivities to crime

http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/ ... 68405.html
S Daswant was involved in a bike theft some time ago but no police case was registered, as his parents pleaded with the complainants and convinced them not to seek legal action
In all this horrible stuff..nobody ever asks - why is there no lab in Chennai?

and one of the major reason for criminal behavior in middle class and upwards folks is - parents who ignore, condone, enable etc.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:51 pm

ANI

Verified account
More
Forensic Science Laboratory report states that no semen could be detected on the exhibit which was submitted in connection with the case of semen-filled balloons being thrown at 2 students of LSR College on the eve of Holi in February.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:52 pm

barkha dutt

Verified account

More
Big Breaking: Top BJP source tells me alliance with @MehboobaMufti is "untenable. We cannot continue; break point is here ". Watch this space #BJPVsPDPWar

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:29 pm

The BIF wants to break the faith & hope of Indians in the India story. Make them ashamed of being an Indian, make them cynical and make them believe that acche din can never come for this country. They want to turn India into an Iraq or Syria in the minds of the people. Take away hope and what you have left is a soulless population that will be ripped apart by soul vultures & harvesters and Jehadis. I hope the PIF can see this for what it is. Anyone who supports this outrage industry is playing right into their hands.

They have already convinced the people of this country that India is the rape capital of the world and has the maximum rapes happening in the world - a preposterous and evil lie.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Guys, the attacks on DDM against BJP are relentless. One thing I would like to see is BJP should not go on the defensive on legitimate rhetoric which Cong mouthpiece liars like Srinivasan Jain is terming as hate speech. In latest salvo, he has documented 'hate speech' and makes a causal connection between 500% rise in so called 'hate speech' and BJP govt in power. Now, its nobody's case that vulgar crap should pass off as political discourse. But some examples he cites as also other BJP haters:

1. Triupra governor pointing out that 15K+ people showed up for convicted terrorist's Yakub Memon's funeral and some could be potential terrorists. Any half-assed self respecting journalist would ask exactly the same question, but for this monkey, that was hate speech. Fortunately, the Tripura governor didn't hold back and said f!ck you, what I said was legitimate. Bravo. In fact, he should asked that clown why UndY was going hammer and tongs against the lawyers in Jammu claiming that they are supporting a rapist; so likewise how does one characterize 15K+ p!ssfuls showing up and eulogizing a convicted terrorist?

2. ModiJi's Shamshaan Vs Kabristan speech during UP elections. How the f!ck is that hate speech? And once again, I hope BJP does not get defensive and strikes right back. Ditto Amit Shah's speech during Bihar elections. We all know how closely Paki ISI monitors Indian politics and its soft belly and Paki pasand p!ssfuls in places like Bihar. Perfectly legitimate claim by Amit Shah, and once again, they should not hold back.

3. I lwas gratified to see the rustic Kanndiaga BJP daughter of the soil strike back at Srinvasan when he pointed to so called hate rhetoric in Karnataka elections. She said it is completely justified given how Hindu boys are being targeted by Jihadis and Congoons.

My point being that there are liars and statisticians. By just narrowly focusing on the words, you miss the forest for the trees. We have seen the 70+ years of Congoon divide and rule through their actions. That is what is more important. And if there is so called 'hate speech', its a reaction to that. In Kashmir, we have had Islmic fascism for decades and is it any wonder that Hindus don't trust an investigations headed by valley Islamists?

bharotshontan
BGR Newbie

Post by bharotshontan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:56 pm

Bengali language friends, is there any nationalistic minded Bengali language publication, online or in print? I know of Dainik Juga Sankha but they have a clear northeast base, not Kolkata/WB. Bong "intellectuals" on FB are writing proses about how Vivekananda did kumari puja of Kashmiri Muslim boat man's daughter. I need some Swarajya level erudite Bengali language write ups. Particularly in order to forward to the non bhadralok folks that are sitting on the fence between CPM/TMC and BJP. Bhadralok keep publishing Bengali language bills and it will keep the fence sitters sitting on the fence. I'm too young to remember, but I believe there used to still be some nationalist media houses until the 70s but they no longer exist due to political intimidation.
But this is internet era, there has to be some platform...

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:07 am

none, to my knowledge. I would be glad to discover one.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:32 am

(1) How sponsors of Modiji are manipulating paidmedia so that Modiji will have cakewalk in may-2019 LS elections !!
Lets compare news reporting in two periods
period-1 : apr-2011 to feb-2014
period-2 : jun-2014 till now i.e. say apr-2018
In period-1, the paidmediamen were constantly working to create an image that Govt and Ministers in center and congress states are all corrupt. Janlokpal drama started in apr-2011. Before and after that, there was constant reporting of 2G scam, radia tapes, coal scam and what not. And information about corruption in Gujarat Govt was all absent in news reports across channels !! The congress Ministers were projected as foreign puppets and agents of Missionaries. And from jan-2013 onward, the paidmediamen started projecting Modiji as alternative to congress.
Whereas today, paidmediamen talk ONLY about crimes against women etc and keep completely shut on corruption in Central Ministers or corruption of RSS (RSS = BJP) State Ministers . The stories on crimes create noise. But almost everyone finally accepts that Ministers / policemen can only catch a criminal, and they can not stop a criminal from committing crime in first round. So at best, crime stories will project Ministers/policemen as helpless, lacking, but not corrupt and ill-motivated. IOW, stories on crimes create a lot of noise, but no cogent opinion against Ministers.

IOW, there is a lot of noise in period-2, but NO stories on corruption, no stories on selling away Indian economic sectors, how Missionaries are making progress across India etc. And someone pays paidmediamen across media, from NDTV to Republic, work to project Modiji as a lone fighter who needs support of all voters. And lastly, paidmediamen DO NOT project Arvind Gandhi or anyone else as alternative to Modiji. The fact that NONE project Mahatma Arvind Gandhi as alternative to Modiji, proves that paidmediamen do NOT want to take away educated middle class voters away from RSS.
Imo, this trend may go on till may-2019. So come may-2019, paidmediamen would have created following image

(1) Modiji and RSS-Ministers were all non-corrupt, committed, fighting, hard working, working 18 hours a day .....
(2) They could not stop crimes, but no one can, so why blame them
(3) Arvind who? Oh !! Just CM of one state !! So there is NO national level alternative to Modiji and RSS
(4) so lets vote for Modiji, RSS

So may-2019 seems to be cakewalk for Modiji and RSS. Without TDP , SS etc, they may get over 300 seats, thanks to above real or rake image created by paidmediamen.
=======
(2) Jammu Afisa case
The accused were middle level activists in movement to expel Rohingye and many Kashimir Muslims who have moved from Kahmir to Jammu recently in past 10 years. Some KMs bought land, and some have encroached govt land. And so this crime was used by CM Mehbooba Mufti to arrest the accused and give warning to all who are opposing Rohingye and KMs. RSS-Ministers in JK Govt have ALL sold out and are supporting Mehbooba Mufti.
Whether accused are really guility or not is something ONLY A FAIR INVESTIGATION AND FAIR TRIAL can say. I have no faith in JK local policemen, no faith in Coverup Beurea of India aka CBI , no faith in local courts and no faith in CBI court and no faith in HC/SC. There are counteless cases to show that Coverup Beurea of India aka CBI is deeply compromised. eg Ruchika Gehrotra case in Haryana, 2G scam, Telgi scam and countless examples. Imo, we should work to reduce unfairness in investigations / trials and that is OST (OST = outside the scope of thread). But till corruption in investigation and trials reduce, there will be no end to crimes and false cases.
The problem of KMs moving to Jammu is serious, as serious as Rohingye. CM Mehbooba was working to issue a notification that if tribal or nomad has encroached govt land, then Govt will NOT evict him till alternative residence is provided !! Now no State Govt in India including JK can issue notification without approval of Governor. I do NOT know if JK Governor approved that notification yet or not. If JK Governor has approved that notification, then it is a serious case of open and outright sell-out by RSS-Ministers and RSS-workers. In such case, people across Jammu, and people across India who care for people in Jammu, better start working.
=======
(3) currency crunch

Every april, there is currency crunch. But this time, it is serious. Some people blame Karnataka politicians that they are hoarding cash for elections. Get real folks !! There is Rs 18,00,000 crores of cash and all politicians combined in Karnataka cant spend more than Rs 100 crore per constituency i.e. about Rs 20000 crores, or Rs 30000 crore max.
Imo, the reason for currency crunch is that some big people are buying super huge amount of land across India And land sales are still 40% to 70% to 90% cash. When a small rural seller sells land, he doesnt deposit amount in bank. He hoards cash to buy land later or spend later. So biggies are withdrawing cash from banks to buy land, and that cash goes to seller, and seller doesnt put in back in banks. And so a cash crunch. So imo cash crunch is due to huge amount of land buying. Imo, cash crunch is minor problem. But who are these land buyers needs to be found.
=============
(4) sorry for taking a week off --- I was banned
Admins had banned me, citing TROLLING as my crime !! I post ONLY 4-6 posts a week, and all posts are politics. And last few posts were about RSS-workers' decisions NOT to remove Govt control over temples. And yet I was called a troller !! You audience can guess the real reasons. Whether it was trolling or exposing defunctness of Modiji, RSS-leaders, RSS-workers etc.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:13 am

if they pull this off, and roll it out. it's game over.

https://swarajyamag.com/ideas/assams-ne ... -to-follow
Assam will roll out a comprehensive health insurance scheme on Wednesday (18 April) that could serve as a model for other states to emulate. Named Atal Amrit Abhiyan (AAA) after former prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee, the novel scheme will be inaugurated by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu in Guwahati. The scheme will provide coverage for a staggering 92 per cent of the state’s population.

The scheme is the brainchild of state health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma who says he drew inspiration from Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Atal Amrit Abhiyan (AAA) will cover the cost of treatment, including surgery, of six disease groups and conditions: cardiovascular, cancer, kidney, neurology, neonatal and burns. Beneficiaries can avail free treatment up to Rs 2 lakh per person a year for a total of 438 procedures (including surgery) under the six specialties at 23 empanelled super-speciality hospitals, both government and private, in Assam and 13 superspeciality and renowned private hospices in Kolkata, Bengaluru, Delhi and Chennai. Sarma said that more hospitals within and outside the state would be empanelled soon.

Apart from all adult members of all BPL (below poverty line) families in the state, APL (above poverty line) families whose annual family income is up to Rs 5 lakh will be covered by the scheme. Enrolment kiosks have been set up in all district headquarters and 1.5 crore beneficiaries have already been enrolled. After providing citizenship documents, applicants will have their biometrics recorded and embedded in a smart card that will be given to them and will have to be produced to avail of benefits under the scheme. Children up to 18 years of age belonging to eligible families will not be issued separate cards, but their names and biometric information will be tagged in the AAA card of the head of the family.

The novelty of Assam’s health insurance scheme lies in its user-friendliness. A 24x7 AAA call centre has been set up to guide beneficiaries. Besides, help desks have been set up in all empanelled hospitals and these will be manned by arogya mitras round the clock. “These arogya mitras will do the necessary hand-holding and shall ensure that the patients or their accompanying attendants do not face any problems. They will be the interface between the patients and the empanelled hospitals,” said Sarma. He added that a lot of attention will be given to ensure that patients covered by the scheme have a seamless treatment experience in the empanelled hospitals. A round-the-clock feedback and grievance redressal mechanism has also been set up and senior officers of the health department as well as senior doctors of government hospitals in the state will monitor the scheme very regularly. Sarma said he would also personally monitor and review the functioning of the scheme at regular intervals.

Beneficiaries who want to avail treatment in the empanelled hospitals outside the state can call the AAA call centre, which will make all necessary arrangements, including travel to the hospital outside the state. Beneficiaries will be entitled to round-trip airfare of a maximum of Rs 30,000 for treatment outside the state and a daily allowance of Rs 1,000 a day for a maximum of 10 days. Within Assam, a patient and an attendant will get a travel allowance of Rs 300 per visit to an empanelled hospital subject to a maximum of Rs 3,000 a year.

Another unique feature of AAA is that unlike some other states’ health insurance schemes, all diagnostic tests done 24 hours prior to the admission of a beneficiary patient will be covered by it. “All one needs to avail cashless treatment in any of the empanelled hospitals is the AAA smart card which will have the beneficiaries’ data stored in them,” said Sarma, adding that Rs 400 crore has already been allocated for the implementation of the scheme in the current fiscal. Funds, he added, will be no constraint. While the AAA scheme has been fine tuned in consultation with government doctors and private healthcare providers over the past few months, Sarma says that further fine-tuning can be carried out whenever necessary. “Our prime concern is to make it completely user friendly and fully responsive to the needs of patients and their families,” he said.

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:54 am

Indrad wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:55 am
No. Once SC has passed order it is up to jail. Recall how Afzal Guru was hanged all of a sudden. Though a lawyer would be better off to comment on this.
The accused can be hanged only after the President has disposed of his mercy petition. President, under the advice of prime minister, has the authority to pardon any crime committed in India and set the man free. This power is usually used for prisoner swaps with foreign countries.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:25 am

sanjayC wrote:The accused can be hanged only after the President has disposed of his mercy petition. President, under the advice of prime minister, has the authority to pardon any crime committed in India and set the man free. This power is usually used for prisoner swaps with foreign countries.
There is now much more drama involved in this. Earlier the procedure was much more simple and straight forward. One of the lower courts (usually Sessions) give the death penalty, accused can appeal through all the appelate courts. If the Supreme court also upholds the death sentence then the only chance of remission was through a mercy petition. At this point of time itself the lower court who dealt with this case is asked to send out the "black warrant" to the prison authorities to plan & set date of execution. At times the then Presidents just sat on these petitions without rejecting or pardoning the convicts. But off late presidents like APJ Kalam and Pranab Mukherjee has been quite quick on these. Once a petition is received the President generally consults the Home Ministry and takes the final call.

But what is now happening is that the courts have again started intervening AFTER the mercy petition has been rejected by the President. This is through PIL etc. etc. And again the whole drama starts again. Remember the entire soap-opera which happened during Yakub Memon's execution. The court had a midnight hearing, but this was after the rejection of mercy plea. Such things are all new legal precedents set.
Vikas wrote:So problem should get resolved once KA elections are over ? Sometimes it feels like NaMo sarkaar has given lot of rope to "seculars" with no big fish behind the bars except for one Lallu yadav. Forget the Courts, but how many of them have even been arrested formally except for KC ?
Optics have been not great for BJP of late.
Issues in KA most likely would end after KA elections. And to be frank in this ATM mass-with drawal scheme, politicians of every hue and colour would be involved. On the other point you mentioned. Lodging an FIR and making token arrests are the easiest thing any body can do. But what require skills and patients is to come up with convincing charge sheets which helps the prosecution (assuming the judiciary too is doing its job). Or else such arrests are only going to be used to show the arrested people like martyrs who were picked up for political vendetta. I agree, Optics have not been great; but also we need to accept that media was not very BJP friendly any way. For "Optics" the party would have to rely on different channels.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:56 am

x-posted from the Social Media thread..
Sachin wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:56 am
Effective usage of social media by terrorist groups to cause panic and even have a bandh/hartaal enforced. This model is tested out in Kerala (with decent level of success)
Hoax hartal: Police to probe role of extremist organizations...

In this bandh/hartaal without any political outfit driving the show, or without any leaders visibly taking responsibility in enforcing the strike, there were many events which targeted the business houses and worship places of the Hindu. Business establishments of "communist" Hindus too were not spared (which was kind of a good thing to have). On the positive side, this social media campaign have also exposed the "strong holds" of PFI and SDPI outfits in Kerala. They were much stronger in the Northern and two of the central districts in Kerala, but did not have much to show in the southern districts.

krisna
BGR Newbie

Post by krisna » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:15 am

http://indiafacts.org/claim-the-narrati ... define-us/
Whether it is because international media is more sympathetic (or is paid by-) or that there are many more Muslim countries in the world, the fact is that narrative is against the Hindus, who have had to fight with their blood to maintain their way of life, while similar (pagan) ways of life have been eliminated wherever Christianity and Islam have spread.
News has never been a completely objective account. Framing, a theory in journalism studies, states that news stories often emphasize one aspect of a given event, while ignoring others. This usually leads to an unbalanced account of the event. Framing then, points towards creation of a narrative around themes, especially contentious ones, in a society –migrants or refugees, rebels or terrorists, separatists or revolutionaries, pro-life vs. pro-choice/ or pro-life or anti-women etc
Stories framed with a specific idea direct the readers/audience’s attention to that idea and form a narrative around it. Frames are ‘organizing principles that are socially shared and (remain) persistent over time, (that) work symbolically to meaningfully structure the social world’ (Reese, 2001). Other factors that matter and help in guiding the narrative are reputation and reach of media organization/platform that publishes the story; how often is a frame used, and how many stories are framed with the same idea.
While access through the internet has blurred some of these labels – media organizations, even today, do command a local, national or international audience. For example, vernacular newspapers/ channels are aware that their readers/audiences are limited to people who speak certain languages, both in India and abroad, while newspapers/sites with international audiences, such as The New York Times, BBC etc. can be sure that anything they print about India, can be accessed by the elite from India and abroad. English media news, especially an international organization i.e. BBC/NYT, about India, reaches the decision makers of the world, and consequently sets the narrative, without necessarily engaging in history and context of the issue, even when penned by native journalists
So, as social media and mainstream news buzzed with yet another horrendous case of rape and death of an innocent girl, who happens to be of a certain religion, people of one religion went into victim and blaming mode, and the other into somewhat defensive mode by bringing up past offences of a similar kind against them, highlighting that similar crimes have occurred in the last few months against the majority and yet no media outrage has shook the nation, let alone the international community.
As someone interested in the impact of tales that media spins, I wanted to conduct a quick study on what a researcher, or even a well-meaning journalist will find, if he/she puts in some search terms in ‘Google’, the most used search engine in the western world. So, I undertook a mini-on-the-spot research to demonstrate how narratives created remain online to be located by other researchers, then put into academic papers and books, without questioning much. Using permutations and combinations of a few words, to gauge how India and its social state is being represented in English speaking media, some results were generated. The research was conducted between April 12 & 13, 2018. Also, I recommend that readers, especially those who are skeptical, conduct their own research to examine what the world gets to read about India.
Following table was generated after examining the first five stories that appeared in the search for ‘mob lynching Muslim in India’.
Please check the results in the article

It is interesting to note how much changed or did not change when the word Muslim and Hindu were switched. While the search for ‘mob lynching a Hindu in India generated 142000 results, the number of results for ‘mob lynching a muslim in India’ was 273 000. The stories however overlapped, meaning many stories that emerged in ‘mob lynching a Muslim’, with Hindus as perpetrators also appeared in ‘mob lynching a Hindu’, which means that the top stories (this research looked only at the first page of the search) in both cases were Muslims as victims.
Both Hindus and Muslims have certainly been on the receiving end of violence-so why is there not a single story of violence against Hindus in the first ten results, even though the search words were ‘mob lynching a Hindu in India?
For mob lynching a Muslim, the number of results not only doubles but actually talk about Muslims being oppressed in India. In the results, where almost all the first ten stories, regardless of who the ‘mob’ was ‘lynching’ depicted Hindus as aggressors, 12 out of 15 were written by journalists with Hindu names. We cannot be sure of political orientation, but the names seem Hindu, which provides another kind of legitimacy. The picture drawn is that only Muslims are victims, and there is no violence against the Hindus. So much so, that even ‘sane’ Hindus are speaking up.
How common Indians esp Hindus are brainwashed innocently
These stories are accessible to all English speakers who have access to a computer and internet—anywhere in the world. I will leave for those who understand algorithms and logics of digital searches to explain how this functions and how it is an indication of the material present online. However, as an academic I am concerned that a collective of these articles can be put together, backed by some news on riots in the last century to establish that there is a large Hindu-Muslim divide and that there is no reconciliation and may be, that India should prepare for more violence until there is a breakup like 1947
In short, generating atrocity literature to support either an outside intervention or division as a solution. Ongoing Hindu exodus from Jammu & Kashmir, for the last three decades does not surface in these searches[/b]. For example, for a search on ‘Hindu exodus from Kashmir’ the first three entries were from Wiki, and the first international media organization, BBC, appeared at sixth number.
A few stories down was one from Al Jazeera, with a headline that asks a question of a very different kind, ‘Kashmiri Pandits: Why we never fled Kashmir’. The article (2011) penned by Azad Essa has the following direct quote by a Kashmiri pandit:
‘On the one hand, he says, the community did experience intimidation and violence, which culminated in four massacres in the past 20 years. But, on the other, he says, there was no genocide or mass murder as suggested by Pandit communities based outside Kashmir.’ And ‘On the subject of how many Pandits fled Kashmir, Mridu Rai, a lecturer in Indian Studies at Trinity College, Dublin writes in Until My Freedom Has Come that the figure of 700,000 put forward by Panun Kashmir (Our own Kashmir), a group advocating a homeland for Kashmiri Pandits, “refers to a much larger collection of Pandits who had departed [from Kashmir] at different times over the centuries”.
Rai adds that the language used by Pandits who left the valley – ‘exodus’ or ‘in exile’ – serves as “an indictment of the Indian state for not protecting them within their homeland and then for neglecting them outside it”. These terms also, Rai contends, create a single narrative of victimhood, when, in fact, it is difficult to ascertain why individual Pandits left Kashmir.
Picks up an issue not given much attention–Kashmiri exodus, and by the last paragraph dismisses it as a matter that does not need public sympathy let alone international outrage.
He rejects the figures presented by the KPSS and says most of the killings took place after the mass migration.
The story also features a short video, where the head of KPSS shares his preference for an independent Kashmir and emphasizes that his identity is connected to Kashmir and not to the other states of India.
That is how narratives are generated, over time, slowly, building up a story, eliminating some others—Framing an issue. No mention of families who lost lives, no mention of how they are still struggling to form homes in their own country, no mention of the terror that was created that led to this ‘exodus’ (dare we use that word). Combine that with which media is publishing these stories, and it is not difficult to figure out how a narrative is generated or lost.
Please further the entire article. Please spread it far and wide. make it short and easy for many others in whatsup telegrana nd many other social media.

We keep blaming rss bjp and all other Hindus why it was bot doen when the task is huge and enromous.
It needs sustained level of patronage and continously being in power ~decades-centuries to skew the dynamics .
Some of the hare brained idiots of nth order want everything done in short time when the entire anrrtaive took few decades to centuries to hione and bring it up to this level to chnage the narrtaive against Hindus.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:13 pm

KA election drawz neah. Da magic numba be One One Three.

https://www.firstpost.com/india/karnata ... 36281.html

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:44 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:22 am
The first thing Hindus need to do is stop being wannabes seeking validation from the westerner. The second thing they need to do is stay in India and work for bettering the country and pushing their cases politically, judicially etc.

You can't have true Hindus leaving India but expecting change from others. If you leave your house, it will be ransacked. First stay and protect your homes and culture.

All else is just hot air and doesn't matter. The pro-hindu / pro-india tweets sitting in a nice chair in Washington does nothing but satisfy one's ego.
Normally I would agree with you on most of what you write and I completely understand your anger and frustration.

But may I suggest that except for the bolded part of your post, you do us Hindus abroad a gross injustice.

We are unwitting ambassadors not just of our country but also of our religion wherever we go. When the media is full of Hinduphobia, it is particularly important for people outside India to see real Hindus in person. I never lose an opportunity to state boldly - yes, I am a Hindu, have done so ever since I left the mother country. When you are seen as a normal human being, just as capable as anybody else (and quite often even more so), they begin to respect you, even if grudgingly. You are not then a four-armed monstrosity any more, bent on raping and pillaging.

There is a lot that Hindus abroad can do for India and its image in the outside world. Indeed have done so. If Rajiv Malhotra had not left India he would not have become a potent force for the BIF to reckon with (heck, he is to be credited with coining the phrase and highlighting their role in the promotion of Hinduphobia). There are many like him, such as Vamsee Juluri. Of course there are also plenty of Jaichands living abroad, I will grant you that. But those who wish to, can and do make a difference. Each time we attend an event here or donate to a pro-Dharma cause in India it makes a difference.

I agree, we cannot be at the forefront of the battle on the ground in India and my heart truly goes out to the foot soldiers of the RSS, the karyakartas of the BJP and those that fight in the trenches and the streets, putting their lives in danger every day in defense of Dharma. I doubt many on this forum do that either. But what we can do, sitting out 'in Washington' is spread the word locally, support our local politicians who can influence pro-India policies, donate to institutions in India that are Dharmic, dispel the malicious myths about Hindus and India that are a constant refrain in the media - both in India and the West, educate each and everyone we meet in our daily lives about the rich culture of India, the bounty of wisdom in Hinduism and the benevolent nature of our faith.

The reason Israel enjoys the protection it does and is able to behave like a bully in the middle-east is simply because of the power of the Jewish lobby in the US. There is no reason why the Hindus cannot be powerful enough to influence US policies towards India, if we can overcome our ancient malady of internecine bickering and the fissures in our midst.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:22 pm

So can Gurus here predict what would be the outrage by BIF, right before elections in December ?
We already had #AwardWapasi #Intolerence and #Rape

My money is on one big time corruption accusation or a major riot.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:26 pm

Dalit dalit & dalit....caste .....lingayat....

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:33 pm

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... TOIDesktop
Semen filled balloon case falls flat after foresnsic exam finds no trace of semen. Few girls propelled fake outrage against Holi & hindu and got away.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:34 pm

It will be everything..

the din will be unbearable. advise folks like crams to cut off TV and internet :lol:

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:38 pm

https://barandbench.com/delhi-hc-media- ... ty-kathua/
The Division Bench of Acting Chief Justice Gita Mittal and Justice C Hari Shankar had taken suo moto cognizance of the matter and had lambasted the news networks for not following the stated norms with regard to coverage of such incidents.

The Court had recorded the names of various networks and publications who were held guilty of the disclosing the identity of the victim. These included India TV, The Times of India, NDTV, Republic TV, Indian Express, The Hindu etc.

The Court had also put a prohibition on the media from disclosing the identity of the victim in the future and had appointed Senior Advocate Arvind Nigam as the amicus curiae.

Standing Counsel Monika Arora appeared on behalf of the Central Government.

During the hearing today, the Bench was initially of the opinion that a penalty of Rs. 25 lakh be imposed on the media houses. However, after hearing the plea of certain publications and networks regarding financial constraints, the Court reduced the amount to 10 lakh.

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Artificial Intelligence, GIS, big data helped in successful Bharat Bandh on April 2: US-based Dalit activists

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/ ... 02736.html
WASHINGTON: The Bharat Bandh on April 2 called by Dalit groups was a result of the successful use of artificial intelligence (AI), the geographic information system (GIS) and big data, according to a core group of US-based Dalit activists.

The protest, which surprised many because of its sudden eruption, was organised against the alleged dilution of the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.

New Jersey-based Deelip Mhaske, who heads a secretive network of some 100 overseas Dalit activists based in the US, the UK, Australia and the Middle East said the protest shows that Dalits no longer need to be affiliated to any political establishment.

"A new era for Dalit politics has begun by adopting artificial intelligence, the GIS and social media," Mhaske told PTI in an interview as he gave an insight into how Dalit groups were mobilised during the protest.

Most of these Dalit activists in the secretive group are from the IT sector and work in some of the top info-tech companies.

Except for Mhaske, who has formed the Foundation for Human Horizon out of New York, no one wished to be identified.

Several of them who spoke to PTI on condition of anonymity, said that over the past three years, they have worked to create a social-media based network of like-minded Dalit activists across India, who are primarily focused in 100 parliamentary constituency in six politically crucial states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar and Maharashtra.

"April 2 Bharat Bandh was a trial run.It was successful," Mhaske said.

Over the past few years, the group has used artificial intelligence to harvest millions of publicly available data and those from the social media platforms like Facebook to identify and target the groups to foment unrest against certain political groups.

Mhaske claimed in the last three years, the group has spent between USD 300,000-USD 500,000 in purchasing relevant data from social media.

One of the recent ones was purchased from a London- based company. But, members of the group insist that this is "certainly not" from the UK-based Cambridge Analytica, which is at the centre of Facebook's data scandal.

According to the 56-page 'Social Media and Dalit Atrocities: A report on social media strategy for Dalit Advocacy Group' prepared by this London-based data analytics firm, Dalits have potential to influence 100 constituency using social media, making them the game changers of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.

An abridged version of the report was with PTI.

For about a week, the PTI was also given access to some of the closed WhatsApp and Telegraph groups created in various parts of the country to give a sense of the modus- operandi and nature of work of these overseas Dalit activists and how they are using these social media platform to further their cause.

The access has now been withdrawn.

The report says that the Dalit's social media usage is now sufficiently widespread to have the power to influence the outcome of the 100 seats in the next Lok Sabha elections and consequently government formation.

Social media strategy can empower Dalits to eliminate caste-based atrocities as well as increase their participation in the policy making, the report said, emphasising the need for Dalit advocates to draw evidence-based social media strategies to connect Dalits.

A London-based Dalit activist said the April 2 Bharat Bandh was a trial run for "peer-to-peer" targeting, as now it believes that the mobile revolution in India has created enough critical mass of social media users.

Initially, the plan was to test waters on April 14, the birth anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar, by a nationwide instant protest.

However, the group decided to give it a trial run on April 2 following a Supreme Court verdict, which created a sense of anger among Dalits.

Giving an insight into the network, one of the IT experts from the group said that the census and election commission data on electorate was collected and compared with the data published by Facebook on their website.

"We culled the data from this page, constituency by constituency, one constituency at a time," the Dalit IT expert said.

"The use of GIS in social mapping is new technology and not tested before with the vulnerable population like Dalits," the report said.

Mhaske said the data analytics and social media company hired to analyse the caste atrocities relationship to the people's social media post, government responses and unrested areas socio-political issues, including the political representations, found no relationship between the elected political leaders or party affiliation and increase in the atrocities.

The Supreme Court had on March 20 diluted certain provisions of the SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act, in a bid to protect 'honest' public servants discharging bona fide duties from being blackmailed with false cases under the Act.

The apex court's verdict is being widely criticised by the Dalits and the Opposition who claim that the dilution of the Act will lead to more discrimination and crimes against the backward community.

After the Supreme Court's verdict, a detailed social media plan was created and feed was sent to the local groups in 100 Lok Sabha constituencies.

"People joined the call without knowing who is calling it.

'Bharat Bandh' was called through social media using Artificial Intelligence and social media technology," Mhaske said.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:49 pm

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:03 pm

He is rocking. Even a Hindi-challenged "Madraasi" like me is able to feel the intensity, the passion in this man to do good for India :-). I can see the Lutyen chutiays seething in anger looking at his nonchalance.