The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by hanumadu » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:33 pm

https://twitter.com/HKupdate/status/1047123890143735808

Watch the video in this tweet. I have never seen so many people on the streets except for terrorist janajas, definitely not for a Hindu cause.
Wish Hindus express their disapproval like this more often on issues inimical to them.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:03 pm

Vikas wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:31 pm
Primus Ji, When should we take allegations of sexual harassment seriously? There will be always side stories about the accuser, does it make the allegations any less serious.
Sri Reddy of Telgu movies did not get any traction by her allegations and I don't think TD is going to bag any movie or TV serial after such allegations so guess 15 min of fame is not her target.
As far Vivek Agnihotri, I think he got into unintended firing line for he has not been accused of sexual harassment, Just an demand by director which I am sure is common during movie making. He wasn't acting fresh with her.

Why is it so hard to accept that NP misbehaved with her. I have seen even decent family men doing it and in public.
Bhai-wood is exactly my point. To expect Bhai-wood pampered stars to come in your support is next to impossible unless it is about some anti-Hindu cause. So She started with this handicap and opened herself to abuse, threats and character-assassination.

PS: Calling her fat or has-been again is shaming someone into silence.
Apologies, to you and Gus, indeed my bad for calling her fat. Should not have done so, just wanted to point out that she is not exactly a 'glamor girl' any more.

Second, I agree completely that allegations of sexual harassment should be taken seriously at all times. But the problem is how does one decide when the accuser is telling the truth and when he/she is not? Can you imagine how much damage it does to a person, simply having somebody accuse you of this? A well-known and well-respected surgeon in our area was recently accused of 'fondling' a woman and was summarily suspended. All the nurses and other female staff of the hospital came out in his support because they've known him for years and believe he would never do such a thing. However, he has now taken retirement because the mere allegation is enough to ruin his reputation for life.

I don't know about India any more, but in the Western world, any accusation of sexual misconduct is a major disaster for the accused with instant ruin and disgrace. If you are an employee, you will be fired or suspended pending an investigation whether you should be sent to jail or not. If you are self-employed, nobody will come to you any more if you are a doctor or lawyer. Even if you win a lengthy and costly legal battle, you are forever tarred. Unless you are a Bill Clinton, this will haunt you in public for ever. And all it takes is ONE person to come forward and make the allegation. So yes, while it is good to take these things seriously, you also have to spare a thought for the accused who may be absolutely innocent but is assumed guilty in the eyes of the media and the public - at least those he deals with in day to day life.

I am not saying at all that NP did NOT misbehave with her. Just feel the entire episode to be another instance of activism of which we have seen so much. I may be entirely wrong of course, I admit that completely. As I said earlier, all of us are quick to take sides based on our political leanings, which is the wrong thing to do.

As far as Bhaiwood is concerned, are they with her or against her? I am not sure on this, but have not seen a mass movement rising up in protest over her allegations.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:14 pm

Gus wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:25 pm
Supratik wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:54 pm
Oh. OK. What about reccos? Do artists also need reccos? Or is it sufficient if they have done some art?
don't know requirements and how its vetted etc ..all i know is artists, athletes etc can do the o1-eb1 route.
I know for doctors you really have to be exceptional - higher degrees, research experience and above all, impeccable reference letters to get a green card through this route. If it applies to 'artists' also ( I don't know), then the standard should be the same, i.e. somebody who has achieved a fair degree of fame and recognition AND an American agency/reference that can supply the necessary letters of recommendation. By all accounts, TD would not qualify for something like this. Another angle is a hx of substance abuse or mental illness. You absolutely cannot get a green card or Citizenship if you mention smoking dope even. So if there is any truth to the drugs story then she either lied heavily or has a major sponsor who could overcome all these hurdles.

It all looks very murky to me. The biggest oddity is why come back to India after 10 yrs and accuse somebody like NP? Unless it is part of a larger agenda.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:20 pm

IMO the sexual harassment thing cuts both ways. A man can be wrongly accused and lose a lot ....and we are also seeing how much harassment takes place and is suppressed. The key is proper investigation and not quickly falling back to practiced arguments based on ideological positions.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:51 am

According to this sepoy:

India == TSP
Hinduism == caste => against human rights

This is the kind of bile us Hindus face in their own country.

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/why-b ... 181001.htm

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:05 am

Vikas,

Lets not get too self righteous and emotional and 'egalitarian' with this sexual harassment and "metoo" and Tanushree crap. This whole thing is a bloody scam.

Please go back and read my first post on this. Women have many avenues for redressing any harassment they face. In the issue at hand, this Hindu-abusing Christian convert has an axe to grind and hence is making all these noises now. And we have deracinated useless Bimbos in Indian metros who slavishly latch onto this western "metoo" bandwagon.

That is not to say, everything is hunky dory for women in India. In fact, issues women face are far more serious that what western women face. I will take issues of harassment seriously if they are genuine and there people like to indigenous modes of tackling them. For e.g., see the Vishaka Guidlines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishaka_Guidelines. Note: none of the Lutyen Bimbos every refer to anything indigenous, its always "metoo" or some western crap. And thats exactly what this Tanushree female is cashing on. So please, spare your sympathies for something else.

As SadguruJi eloquently tried explaining to those bloody morons, India has a lot of major issues to deal with than vacuous westernized crap like "metoo" or useless theoretical notions of unadulterated egalitarianism that is the vaunt of metro elites with popcorn in one hand and coca cola in another when asked to show respect for national anthem.

Raju
BGR Newbie

Post by Raju » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:09 am

crams, TD said she had approached the police and courts for justice. But what actually happened was the police would summon her father to the police station once every few weeks and basically he was rattled by this constant harassment by the police supposed to be investigating the case on her behalf. In India, unless one is very powerful and connected the police will adopt different attitudes, depending on which personnel is involved in the case, and officers are shifted frequently on whims or fancies of higher ups. So same person may not be available to deal with your case everytime. If earlier you had someone who was symathetic to your case, the next time that officer would have been transferred and a scoundrel would come in his place. So nothing much ever comes out of any investigation unless constant pressure is applied from higher above. She also said that she had approached the film artists and various movie associations but she was rebuffed.

So it would be a mistake if you do not empathize with TD, it would be a trap if you take a public position that is anti-TD or even support her with conditions. So TD empathizers will say that she tried for justice and failed, today is she has support and backup from someone powerful abroad then that is what is required for her to prosecute those guilty in this case.

It is not easy to be the man presenting another point of view in such instances or to be someone giving out interesting and divergent soundbytes. We need to act out of ones comfort zone here. Need to train ourselves to not work as per instinct but use some deductive skills to analyze what happens if one takes an independent stand that is unsympathetic to TD in public.

I have seen some men who appear in TV shows panel outnumbered 3:1 by women and they invariably go about doing pretty much what dissenting voices on BGR look at this case, and almost every single time the women gang up on the one or two men on the panel and indulge in what I would call as 'man shaming', these guys will open their mouth and utter something and all the women on panel will go hoo-haa "this is soo typical of male mindset" and the men would sit their remaining part of show in denial that they are not like all other men. :?

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:58 am

crams wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:51 am
According to this sepoy:

India == TSP
Hinduism == caste => against human rights

This is the kind of bile us Hindus face in their own country.

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/why-b ... 181001.htm
Saar, a Rediff article by Amnesty India's Aakar Ahmed Patel with a clickbait title is like "Poison Ivy itches". No point in rubbing it all over yourself to check it out. Sad part is I fell for it out of curiosity.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:15 am

The problem with any accusation is that of the story of crying wolf.

These are not investigated properly and brought to a conclusion. Women abusing it to gain something etc.. make it hard to trust any accusations.

Remember that guy who, some female actor accused of on a flight? Poor guy is still running pillar to post because the woman isn't attending court. So pardon me if I find it difficult to believe accusations

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:15 am

Islam asks for 4 Pious men to be presented as witness of the act if Rape charges are hurled at another Man.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:23 am

KJo wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:42 pm
Vikas wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:31 pm
Why is it so hard to accept that NP misbehaved with her.
Vikas, you seem convinced that NP misbehaved with her. Do you have any extra information that the rest of us do not have? On what basis are you so convinced and accepting?

Or is it that you are accepting it just because is a woman making the allegations so it has to be true?
KJo, It takes lots of guts to accuse someone powerful of sexual harrasement. I would always have more sympathy for the accuser atleast in Indian context.
By your logic, we should be rejecting accusations against Tejpal and Pachauri ?

Does not mean that I am agreeing with the accusation. All I am saying is that instead of trying to shut-her-up, we should be more considerate. TD did not wake up one day and accused NP. She made the same complaint 10 years ago and now even CINTAA has apologies to her for not acting on her complaint properly. So there is some background to her complaint.

BTW Why are you rejecting her complaint ?

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:29 am

crams wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:05 am
Vikas,
<snip>
Please go back and read my first post on this. Women have many avenues for redressing any harassment they face.
CramS Ji, Let go of your anger. We have Tejpal and Pachuri still roaming around.
So in this particular case, What should TD have done ? She went to CINTAA and they failed her. There was no #MeToo movement then nor she was "deracinated Bimboo, Anti-Hindu" back then. Poor girl as per her claims had horrible sexual misconduct experience and she is trying to get justice. That's pretty much it.

Not everything in this universe is a conspiracy against India and Hindus.

Raju
BGR Newbie

Post by Raju » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:34 am

what the boys don't realize is, showing some empathy is not going to bring their world crashing down. I blame it on the hyper competitive world where boys are raised to be men, where each man is fighting for themselves and against the other and competing against each other. This plus vestiges of legacy of some social traditions which we are left with which again divides one group, family or one clan against the other. We do not have any stake in survival of the other and become very bitter if someone seems to emerge out of a crises stronger than before.

Dharmic Indians must unlearn these ill-effects of MNC and western induced blind competition amongst rats and build relations across gender and class barriers using such opportunities and actually showing concern when such context presents an opportunity. Fake or real.
Last edited by Raju on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:34 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:15 am
The problem with any accusation is that of the story of crying wolf.

These are not investigated properly and brought to a conclusion. Women abusing it to gain something etc.. make it hard to trust any accusations.

Remember that guy who, some female actor accused of on a flight? Poor guy is still running pillar to post because the woman isn't attending court. So pardon me if I find it difficult to believe accusations
JohnTitor, In this case, should one not be hurling abuses at Judiciary rather than the one who made accusations. If the Girl in question doesnot appear in court to defend her honor, Slap fine on her and throw her in Jail for false accusations.

In India, Life for women when it comes to sexual harrasement is hard and the beast is always out there.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:38 am

Raju wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:34 am
what the boys don't realize is, showing some empathy is not going to bring their world crashing down. I blame it on the hyper competitive world where boys are raised to be men, where each man is fighting for themselves and against the other and competing against each other. This plus vestiges of legacy of some social traditions which we are left with which again divides one group, family or one clan against the other. We do not have any stake in survival of the other and become very bitter if someone seems to emerge out of a crises stronger than before.

Dharmic Indians must unlearn these ill-effects of MNC and western unduced blind competition amongst rats and build relations across gender and class barriers using such opportunities and showing concern. Fake or real.
+786
Dharma must be upholded at all times. We sometimes tend to mirror Islamic thought of treating women as piece of meat and blaming them for any misconduct.

Raju
BGR Newbie

Post by Raju » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:41 am

TD was 23 when she was harassed and hounded out of the 'industry'. What guile or crying wolf can a 23-yr old girl have (kindly do not give zaira wasim or saas-bahu serial examples). When I was 23 I did not know where electricity came from and was trying to figure out how exactly people had hex without any sense of shame.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:34 am

Vikas wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:29 am

Not everything in this universe is a conspiracy against India and Hindus.
Of course. But lets cut through the chase and not waste any more time on this. I am more interested in genuine women empowerment in a country like India. I am more interested in genuine harassment and abuse ordinary SDRE women face in India. I am more interested in Dharmic, indigenous solutions to this malaise.

But you see none of this is sexy. None of this will make the NYT or WP, but what will get a mention there is Bimbos in Indian metros slavishly imitating "metoo" garbage. And thats what this TD horse manure is all about. Bereft of this "metoo" glamour, nobody would give 2 hoots.

I am disgusted to my stomach to admit this, but one observation that BIF member, Urban Naxal, anti-Hindu bigot and foul-mouth Anna Vetticad made that I agree with is that apparently, a year or so ago, a Malllu actress was harassed by some actor and she fought back valiantly. Did anybody even hear of that? Why? Because it was not part of the "metoo" circus and hence not that sexy.

Prasan
BGR Newbie

Post by Prasan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:40 am

Raju wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:41 am
TD was 23 when she was harassed and hounded out of the 'industry'. What guile or crying wolf can a 23-yr old girl have (kindly do not give zaira wasim or saas-bahu serial examples). When I was 23 I did not know where electricity came from and was trying to figure out how exactly people had hex without any sense of shame.
Jasleen kaur and Rohtak sisters were college going girls and both damaged the future of boys. They were less than 23.
Its very difficult to take sides these days.
TD has no qualms doing hot steamy scenes, bare all clothes, in movie Ashiq banaya apne. When someone question such scenes , these intellectual types make fun of them as old fashioned and then make fun of the word Sanskar. Obviously this will raise hopes of directors that TD will do same in there movie as well. Its TD choice to do what scenes she want. But makes difficult for new girls who have to toe directors line.
TD is not weak women , she has been equal opportunity to study , miss India, parents supporting her working in movies. Dont see any women repression in her case.

Also the video of vandalising her vehicle is from next day by some cameraman because TD damaged his camera. He claimed he has no relation to NP or MNS

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:02 am

Raju wrote:To me Nana Patekar looked like a dark and petty character for inflicting such indignities on a 21 or 23 yr-old girl (which TD age then) and she also had no godfathers in industry and neither belonged to any filmy family.
And looks like at that time Nana Patekar was also the blue-eyed boy of the Bollywood "seculars" who looks have supported him, and dumped the complainant. But, what kind of clout can Nana Patekar have in Bollywood. He is not a superstar, and he also has not acted in a very large number of commercial movies etc. But does he have any political clout in MH (and thus Bhaiwood) because he is also a Marathi Manoos?
shravanp wrote:We have grown up with certain value set where kids who aspired to become actor/actresses was feigned upon. It was always considered as immoral industry since the beginning.
True. We can call it stereotyping etc. In my part of woods Drama theatres/troupes etc were all considered to be a "below par" way of making a living. The most quoted reason was that these are folks who stayed away from their families for a long time and stayed and travelled along with their co-actors etc. Their morality was always suspected, and actresses always had some negative stereotype attached to them. Movie industry when it started was also not very different. But the large scale glamour, money inflow into the movie industry changed the perception slightly. Though people know about "casting couch" etc. etc., the money these people would get is supposed to wipe away the negative stereotypes :).
hanumadu wrote:There are huge rallies taken out by women in Kerala against the SC ruling on Sabarimala. Kerala folks, will this last? Is it enough to force SC to overturn the decision?
The rally did see a large turn out of people, much much more than what was initially expected. Lord Ayyappa is said to be born into the Pandalam Royal Family; and it is now this royal family who has become the anchor for the various protest groups. But one thing for sure, this verdict has really angered every Hindu devotee (men & women) cutting across political lines. Pretty much every political party in KL has now become more cautious. CPI(M) who is known to make grandoise statements on cleaning up Hindu religion (only) is now keeping silent, the Congress is now backing the Hindu devotees. BJP as usual lost the game in the initial days, but now is trying to squeeze its way in. RSS in KL was forced to take the same line; that of their HQ at Nagpur. But that is only going to damage their position in the state.

The only legal way out of this is for a "review petition" to be filed, or for the state (or central) govt to pass an Ordinance anulling the SC order. The ordinance route was used in the infamous Shah Bano case. The "review petition" might not yield much; the same bench does the review and chances of them making a drastic U turn is next to impossible. KL govt. will only even think of an ordinance if it finds it current position untenable. That is they clearly know that their vote base is impacted, and that Sabari Mala may not bring in their expected revenues any more. What is really required is to spread the message of these protests, even in other states which has lots of Ayyappa devotees (like TN, KA, TS & AP).

BhairavP
BGR Newbie

Post by BhairavP » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:07 am

Mayawati will NOT tie up with the Congress in MP and Rajasthan.
Breaking Nooz.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:09 am

Prasan wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:40 am
Raju wrote:
Jasleen kaur and Rohtak sisters were college going girls and both damaged the future of boys. They were less than 23.
TD has no qualms doing hot steamy scenes, bare all clothes, in movie Ashiq banaya apne. When someone question such scenes , these intellectual types make fun of them as old fashioned and then make fun of the word Sanskar. Obviously this will raise hopes of directors that TD will do same in there movie as well. Its TD choice to do what scenes she want. But makes difficult for new girls who have to toe directors line.
TD is not weak women , she has been equal opportunity to study , miss India, parents supporting her working in movies. Dont see any women repression in her case.

Also the video of vandalising her vehicle is from next day by some cameraman because TD damaged his camera. He claimed he has no relation to NP or MNS
See, there is so much conflicting information. How does anybody know what the truth is? If TD says she did go to the police and did 'everything' back then, is there documentary evidence of this in the public domain? Or is it her word only? Assuming she is telling the truth, what took her 10 yrs to come back? If there is truth to the allegations of drug abuse and her getting a green card through 'exceptional artistic talent' category, was she not lying in her immigration application then?

I agree completely that there is no end to the exploitation of women in India and a lot of them get sucked into such situations out of poverty - like the extra in a dance scene who is forced to sleep with the dance director to get that bit role. Happens all the time, at every level of the 'casting couch', from a lowly extra to a heroine. However, TD does not belong to this 'desperately poor woman trying to feed her family' category. Anybody willing to take up modeling as a career and subsequently bare herself for her first movie role has to be aware of the snakes in the grass in the career path they have chosen. However, as I've said before, even a whore has a right to refuse sex and if she was indeed molested then she must fight back. It is just that the entire episode stinks of an agenda and of being masterminded by forces hostile to Hinduism and India.

But I may be completely wrong.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:48 pm

Vikas wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:34 am

JohnTitor, In this case, should one not be hurling abuses at Judiciary rather than the one who made accusations. If the Girl in question doesnot appear in court to defend her honor, Slap fine on her and throw her in Jail for false accusations.

In India, Life for women when it comes to sexual harrasement is hard and the beast is always out there.
That's all fine. I'm not saying this person is lying.. just that I'm not willing to believe her blindly. Women do face issies, but when women abuse the system, they make it harder for other women.

In any case, blaming the courts is right, but it doesn't help the poor guy who's life was ruined by a woman.

Prasan
BGR Newbie

Post by Prasan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Primus wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:09 am
Prasan wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:40 am
Raju wrote:

See, there is so much conflicting information. How does anybody know what the truth is? If TD says she did go to the police and did 'everything' back then, is there documentary evidence of this in the public domain? Or is it her word only? Assuming she is telling the truth, what took her 10 yrs to come back? If there is truth to the allegations of drug abuse and her getting a green card through 'exceptional artistic talent' category, was she not lying in her immigration application then?

I agree completely that there is no end to the exploitation of women in India and a lot of them get sucked into such situations out of poverty - like the extra in a dance scene who is forced to sleep with the dance director to get that bit role. Happens all the time, at every level of the 'casting couch', from a lowly extra to a heroine. However, TD does not belong to this 'desperately poor woman trying to feed her family' category. Anybody willing to take up modeling as a career and subsequently bare herself for her first movie role has to be aware of the snakes in the grass in the career path they have chosen. However, as I've said before, even a whore has a right to refuse sex and if she was indeed molested then she must fight back. It is just that the entire episode stinks of an agenda and of being masterminded by forces hostile to Hinduism and India.

But I may be completely wrong.
I agree with you. Even my arguements has fallacies.
If we leave this case bollywood is literally making movies like
Meri Beti Sunny Leone Banna Chahti Hai .
They are corrupting people's minds and then expecting respect from society.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:01 pm

BJP should do with Sabarimala what it did with jallikattu. Bring in ordinance/law. This will give it some traction in KL.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:30 pm

Supratik wrote:BJP should do with Sabarimala what it did with jallikattu. Bring in ordinance/law. This will give it some traction in KL.
To be brutally honest, I don't think any BJP leaders from Northern India knows Ayyappa, and also the unique concept behind Lord Ayyappa @ Sabari Mala alone. It is only at Sabari Mala that Ayyappa is in the awatar of a Naishtik Brahmachari, and only here there is a block for young women. And the state level BJP leadership have so far not been able to convince their party leadership on the sad situation in Kerala and how centre should help them. Secondly RSS is still maintaining a stand that women should be allowed to enter all temples. This view of theirs will also not fit with what is happening at Sabari Mala. The Hindu religious customs in Kerala would be different from the model they have at Nagpur HQ. So for RSS & BJP this may be a trivial issue, even though for a Keralite Hindu his belief system is now a punching bag. For RSS & BJP Akshardham temple at New Delhi & Sabari Mala or Guruvayur temple may be all one and the same, but it is not like that.

BJP in Kerala also lost a golden opportunity to start the protest against the attack on religion. They actually just kept quiet. Now when they know there is a massive outrage, the BJP folks have started creeping out of the wood work. But as usual they still have not clearly told what they can do to help Kerala Hindus. There are rumours that BJP is now lying low to make sure that the protests reach the maximum pitch and then jump in with a plan. But that may be just a rumour, as I have serious doubts on the long term strategy planning of the Kerala based BJP & RSS leadership.