The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Sachin
BGR Oldie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by Sachin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:31 am

Good riddance if the below actually happens...
Yashwant Sinha, Shotgun may run for 2019 polls on AAP tickets

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:53 am

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:00 pm

Why don't people highlight the fact that there may be 70 0dd offset partners in the rafale deal??
@tavleen_singh the balance 2$bn in offsets is to develop #Manufacturing partners ,this again is divided amongst nearly 70 odd firms. Fact is #Reliance cannot get more than a few hundred million $ at best in offsets.Some of the offset partners as revealed by @livefist below.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:08 pm

rafale offset partners and some still under consideration.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:11 pm

rafale offset partners and some still under consideration.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:35 pm

chetak wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:00 pm
Why don't people highlight the fact that there may be 70 0dd offset partners in the rafale deal??
Which people sir? :) :( I was just mentioning this to an avid social media campaigner, who was trying to bring out the truth on the Sterling Biotech owners jumping the ship. The MSM had clearly hidden that around Rs. 4700 crores have already been recovered from the absconders. What is clearly lacking is a dedicated BJP IT team, who has the brains and time to spread the word across social media (and on MSM, if they can manage it). From what I observed, there is no coordinated efforts from the party (especially in states like KL, which has zero good leaders), but it is individuals who in their individual capacity who is trying to get the right message across.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:20 pm

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1044 ... reshed=yes

Excellent twitter thread on Reliance background on defence manufacturing.
Today I will tell you a story of an Indian Company, which is making it's name in a Domain where Indian Companies used to be considered as Non-Players.

Recently I read a news, which was extremely important, but don't know why Indian Media didn't give it any coverage at all.
2)The news is..America floated a tender for maintenance & services of its Navy's 7th Fleet,which monitors entire Asian Ocean Waters.This is an important Fleet as it contains more than 100 Vessels,&the maintenance used to be handled by Singaporean & Japanese Defence Organizations.
3)This was a Huge order worth Rs. 15000 Crores ( more than 2 Billion USD) for 3 years.& you will be elated 2 know that an Indian Organization clinched this deal.

USA sent its expert panel to India to conduct a Survey of this organization,
4)and this expert panel reported that Indian Company's Service and Maintenance Facility and Infrastructure is at par with it's Japanese and other counterparts. They were surprised to see this, because they never expected an Indian Organization to be at such level.
5) This Company is known as Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited (RDEL) which is managed by Anil Ambani's Reliance Infrastructure Limited (RInfra).
12)While reading an old news I got to know that in AGM of Reliance Group in 2007, Ambani decided to diversify its portfolio and to invest in Defence,Aerostructure etc.

Anil Ambani founded Reliance Aerostructure in Tennessee (France).
13)This organization started building up its Technical Expertise, that too without having an Order in pipeline. Reliance invested heavily and gathered all the required resources for this Domain.

In couple of years, Reliance Aerostructure became expertise in the following.
14)1.Commercial and Business Aviation Integrations & Modifications, Avionics Upgrades, Aircraft Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), Terrain Avoidance Warning System (TAWS) & Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS).
Cont... Tropospheric Airborne Meteorological Data Reporting (TAMDAR), Emergency Locator (ELT) Weather Radar, Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System (TCAS), Extended-Range Twin-Engine Operational Performance Standard (ETOPS).
Fire/Smoke Abatement System, Regional Aircraft Cargo Conversions, Aftermarket Install of APUs, Dash-8 Rudder Isolation MOD, Anti-Ice, Structural Modification (Composite & Sheet-metal).
2. Government and Military Aviation Integrations & Modifications, ARC-231 SATCOM, Forward Looking Infra Red Integration (FLIR), Air Warrior MCCS, SAFIRE II FLIR Upgrade, APX-118 Common Transponder, ARC-220 HF Radio, Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC). Cont...
I/R Strobe, UH-60 Health, Usage & Monitoring System (HUMS), Desert HUMS, Blue Force Tracker (BFT/EDM), MAVIN Cabin Heat, Pegasus IAS-E, CH-47 Common Missile Warning System (ALE-47), ALE-47 Countermeasures Dispensing System.
Aircraft Wireless Intercom System (AWIS), Fast Rope Insertion & Extraction System (FRIES), Huey UH-1H-II Conversion.
Reliance Aerostructure even started providing it's services 2USAF France etc. by 2012 Reliance Aerostructure transformed itself into Expert in Aviation Technology.
By 2012 Reliance acquired Technical Expertise in the field of Naval and Airforce.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:07 pm

chetak wrote:
tavleen_singh the
Why should anyone mention anything?

Clearly this is in the JD of BJP spokespersons. Maybe the BJP should recruit spokespersons from the same place Congress does, clearly the current place they are recruiting from isn't the best. The government should also take ads in newspapers which they have to spend anyway. If the BJP is unable to spread the truth, it's their arrogance and stupidity.

The way I see this going, the opposition are doing a good job selling lies and BJP is unable to counter it.. If this continues, it'll be 2004 all over.

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:43 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:07 pm
chetak wrote:
tavleen_singh the

Clearly this is in the JD of BJP spokespersons. Maybe the BJP should recruit spokespersons from the same place Congress does, clearly the current place they are recruiting from isn't the best. The government should also take ads in newspapers which they have to spend anyway. If the BJP is unable to spread the truth, it's their arrogance and stupidity.

The way I see this going, the opposition are doing a good job selling lies and BJP is unable to counter it.. If this continues, it'll be 2004 all over.
Speaking of 2004,
this is exactly the kind of self-centered BS due to which the nation sunk into the pits of sikular hell for a decade presided over by the sonia cabal.
For the ever whining and constantly whinging "hindutva" chatterati most of whom would have hardly put in a day of campaigning on ground in heat and dust for BJP...
BJP's wins are always because of "them" and hence "their" demands come first - baki bhaad mein jaayein, but when its time to rally and mount a spirited fight on the backfoot on election eve , BJP/RSS and its cadre must fight alone.

Titor ji,
i guess you may be proud about not making a sound when others heap lies and calumny on NaMo in your face while reassuring yourself "why should anyone mention anything (to help namo/bjp)?",
Yet somehow you come here lecturing on BJP's faults while taking so much effort in explaining the job description(JD) of BJP spokies ...

However dont presume that everyone will behave like you.

merlin
BGR Newbie

Post by merlin » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:10 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:07 pm
chetak wrote:
tavleen_singh the
Exactly. If the BJP is inept in its messaging and cannot defend itself out of a paper bag why should the rest of the janata care?

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:37 am

Lilo wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:43 pm
this is exactly the kind of self-centered BS due to which the nation sunk into the pits of sikular hell for a decade presided over by the sonia cabal.
For the ever whining and constantly whinging "hindutva" chatterati most of whom would have hardly put in a day of campaigning on ground in heat and dust for BJP...
BJP's wins are always because of "them" and hence "their" demands come first - baki bhaad mein jaayein, but when its time to rally and mount a spirited fight on the backfoot on election eve , BJP/RSS and its cadre must fight alone.

Titor ji,
i guess you may be proud about not making a sound when others heap lies and calumny on NaMo in your face while reassuring yourself "why should anyone mention anything (to help namo/bjp)?",
Yet somehow you come here lecturing on BJP's faults while taking so much effort in explaining the job description(JD) of BJP spokies ...

Lilo ji, it's a bit rich coming from someone who has left India for "greener pastures" to say I'm self centered. I returned from the West a while ago, to actually make a contribution. I'm not saying I'm altruistic or philanthropic, but I have tried.

There is nothing wrong in what I said, it's the job description for the spokies to explain, clarify and defend. Heck Trump spokies defend him against all odds, and these people can't even spread the truth. I cannot change much, I can tell people I speak to but my reach is severely limited. I don't have access to newspapers or cameras.

The middle class may not make or break the election, but they can make the difference. Also, I wouldn't count on the poor blindly. Many are willing to sell their votes for pennies, I've seen it with my own eyes. All I've seen BJP candidates do to get votes is tell people they are part of team Modi and that's the reason to vote. I've also seen poor take money from both parties and vote for the seculars..

So yeah, if BJP continues to believe that they need not bother killing the lies, and they will win with a landslide, they have only themselves to blame. I do not have the resources to fix their arrogance. (The fuel prices are a prime example, 90% of everyone I have spoken to believe the lies. And the man with the scooter will not care about the larger issue with peacefils)

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:37 am

This is one question everybody is asking. Why is the govt not defending itself? I myself have posted above why blatant lies are not being countered.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:57 am

JohnTitor wrote:The way I see this going, the opposition are doing a good job selling lies and BJP is unable to counter it.. If this continues, it'll be 2004 all over.
One thing I have observed is that right from 2014 it is the opposition which has been laying IEDs with the able support of the main stream media. The BJP government thus always have been on the defensive. Yes, there is a severe hatred for the BJP from Lutyens mafia, main stream media, pseduo-seculars and all; but BJP should by now realised that and come up with a counter strategy.
merlin wrote:If the BJP is inept in its messaging and cannot defend itself out of a paper bag why should the rest of the janata care?
Many BJP sympathisers may be just that, because they have not forgotten the great "secular" rule of Mauni Baba and the Congress for the two terms. And BJP should not take such people for granted.
hanumadu wrote:This is one question everybody is asking. Why is the govt not defending itself? I myself have posted above why blatant lies are not being countered.
I (still) consider BJP as a serious political organisation, especially with two Gujaratis running the show (these people are known for their business & practical sense). And the only reason I can see is that, BJP is still keeping its gun powder dry. There may be state level elections coming up, but BJP foot soldiers may have figured out that Rafale will not have an impact there. And LS 2019 elections are still a long way to go. People generally remember the most recent happenings; so perhaps they are trying to keep the big fire works till the last few months.

And even in Rafale deal it is not that "seculars" are having a free run. I see systematic campaigns on social media; albeit all of them are from BJP sympathisers and not the party spokespeople. It is as if the sympathisers have more brains than the spokespeople :lol:.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:01 am

I am amazed at the indifference shown by the govt towards the middle class , suffering under rising prices esp that of petrol. I thought Modi was smart politician , but I guess they are just taking the core base for granted thinking they have no alternative.

And senior posters here " saying let them stay home "

Well , please be reminded that in the past elections have been lost on account of rise in onion prices.
And petrol is far more indispensable than onion - you can still survive without onions or use less onions.

The middle class and upper castes were the traditional vote bank of the BJP. Throw them under the bus and you can kiss your electoral prospects goodbye.

Gujarat was a close shave, and they lost Karnataka which was there for the taking.
if that didn't wake up the govt nothing will.

You really can't depend on the lower classes - they will take all benefits available and still vote based on caste considerations in the end.
( case in point - it ios very evodent from survey that Dalits / SC / ST have benefited for all the reservations etc in the last 60 years. Their socio economic status has also improved tremendously , esp in relation to other OBCs. Then why is there so much anger and agitation towards the BJP and the govt. After all her corruption and inefficiency , Mayavatis vote bank was still intact , even in the last UP election )

BTW Modi said sabka saath - but it seems he clearly doesn't include the middle class in his slogan.

And finally , the most important question - how has ones life changed in the last 4-5 years - forget all the headlines - individually how is one impacted by all the policies of the govt. This will determine whether people will turn up to vote or sit it out.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:30 am

I remember in BRF, after the 2004 elections when Congress came to power, I was one of the very few who complained that this would be a disaster. I remember the replies from senior intellectual "ahead of the curve" folk who said that the people were wise and MMS was the greatest thing since sliced bread.. oh how that makes me chuckle.

Poor will vote whoever pays them the most. They will take from all sides and still vote for caste or money. Don't believe me? Come to KA and I'll take you to a hundred households were they have done this. But maybe you are one to believe it'll be different in other states.. good luck with that.

Anyone remember the voting card scandal in the recent KA election, in RR Nagar? A INC candidate place had 1000s of voting cards... Guess who won that by election? Yup, that very same INC candidate. So much for the people's wisdom.

All elections all over the world are lost because of arrogance of the ruling party. Pandering to one vote bank is putting all your eggs in one basket. The IT class ain't gonna vote Modi, do with that what you will.. call them foolish, lazy, selfish, indifferent .. doesn't matter. BJP is the loser and with them, us, collectively. Saying "your loss" does noone any good.. neither does the emotional blackmail of the boogie man will come and destroy the country.. everyone here is selfish.. if they get their pound of flesh they will sell their mother

Expecting us to do the job BJP spokespersons who are paid to do is not only arrogance but also foolishness.

merlin
BGR Newbie

Post by merlin » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:44 am

merlin wrote:If the BJP is inept in its messaging and cannot defend itself out of a paper bag why should the rest of the janata care?
Sachin wrote:Many BJP sympathisers may be just that, because they have not forgotten the great "secular" rule of Mauni Baba and the Congress for the two terms. And BJP should not take such people for granted.
This is not even about the voters. BJP is being attacked and is not interested in defending itself with vigour (for now?). So why should the sympathizers defend it? It is the job of the BJP to defend itself, not the sympathizers. The sympathizers job is to vote for them which they will or will not do but why defend the BJP?

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:40 am

Aadhaar verdict live updates | Supreme Court upholds validity of Aadhaar, sets conditions for use
This report is from "The Hindu", and it focuses more on the dissenting judges and the dissenting points made by them. No much detail is given on what stands and what has been nullified.
  • Majority of judges uphold validity of Aadhaar, Justice Chandrachud dissents - which I take as Aadhaar has passed the judicial scrutiny and is here to stay.
  • Usage of Aadhaar for targetted subsidies and government schemes approved - which again I take as Govt. has to now the rights to scrutinise Aadhaar data and weed out non-eligible people. So stuff like using Aadhaar to validate student data in order to provide mid-day meals etc. stands good.
  • Section 57 that allows private entities to use Aadhaar struck down - So folks like PayPal, and various mobile data providers will not be able to use Aadhaar based authentication. What is the impact here?
  • Aadhaar-PAN linkage upheld - which again I read it as, banks can continue to ask for Aadhaar and PAN details in order to link it up. Another area where the Aadhar-PAN linking happens is when people file tax returns. So any one who pays income tax, would sooner or later have to get Aadhaar #.
  • Majority of judges say Aadhaar doesn't violate right to privacy - which would get lot of the original petitioners into :)) whining mode.
PS: Do we need to have a separate thread to analyse this court verdict?

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:45 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:37 am
Lilo wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:43 pm

Titor ji,

Lilo ji, it's a bit rich coming from someone who has left India for "greener pastures" to say I'm self centered. ....
Hain ?
what is this lame stunt to paint me as a deserter to India for "greener pastures"
When did i ever say "i had left india for "greener pastures"" hain ji?

Just because you suddenly felt a need to create a halo for yourself as i rightly called out your "why should anyone say anything(to help namo/bjp)?" statement in open forum you resort to such lame tricks by flinging mud at me and hoping it sticks?
Anyway for general information i am in India and i have always been posting from India(admins may corroborate) and iam not acquainted with you personally for you to be making any such claims on me.So dont resort to such unseemly tricks just to shore up a loosing statement like yours.

All the new strawmen you are frantically putting up in your subsequent posts
(>my point is about the spokies onlee hain ji,
>BJP is not communicating onlee hain ji etc)
cannot cover for that gem of yours "Why should anyone say anything(to help bjp)?" while simultaneously circulating as the "core" voter of BJP - for which you got called out.

Further Merlin ji must decide first whether he wants to be in the NOTA camp or not before he gives his 2 paisa so that he (and we) can fix his relevance level in political discussions.
Oscillating like and pendulum or bouncing across like a tennis ball as in below and in BGF is unseemly.

PS:Merlin ji i follow you on twitter b/c you posted your twitter a/c in social media thread of BRF for brfites to follow - and by scrutiny it comes across an anon profile as is common with most brfites on twitter.So i didnt see any harm in posting your views from there to make a point on the lack of consistency and more importantly logic.Admins/mods may remove the reference if it is somehow felt to be against forum ethics.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:18 pm

if rafale was getting traction, the rest of the opposition would have bandwagoned..

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:03 pm

Gus wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:18 pm
if rafale was getting traction, the rest of the opposition would have bandwagoned..
But it would be better to shut up the non-sense on this once and for all. The state level parties opposing BJP may not be interested in this, as they may prefer dealing with the BJP using the issues at the home states (eg: RJ, MP etc.). The Congress being a "national party" would perhaps prefer a pan-India issue which may better their chances. And Rafale (and similar big deals, defence deals etc.) is the current straw they are clutching onto. Onto the same straw we see other "national parties" ( :roll: ) like CPI(M) and the one MP wonder CPI also hanging on.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:16 pm

Various BJP people have already logically countered Rafale propaganda on various media outlet. It is already a deadwood that Congress is clutching onto in the hope something will happen. So in this case I don't understand the whining.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Also my guess is Modi will put to good use the "chor" comment at some point. It is likely to backfire for RaGa.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:31 pm

Lilo wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:45 am

what is this lame stunt to paint me as a deserter to India for "greener pastures"
When did i ever say "i had left india for "greener pastures"" hain ji?

Just because you suddenly felt a need to create a halo for yourself as i rightly called out your "why should anyone say anything(to help namo/bjp)?" statement in open forum you resort to such lame tricks by flinging mud at me and hoping it sticks?
Anyway for general information i am in India and i have always been posting from India(admins may corroborate) and iam not acquainted with you personally for you to be making any such claims on me.So dont resort to such unseemly tricks just to shore up a loosing statement like yours.

All the new strawmen you are frantically putting up in your subsequent posts
(>my point is about the spokies onlee hain ji,
>BJP is not communicating onlee hain ji etc)
cannot cover for that gem of yours "Why should anyone say anything(to help bjp)?" while simultaneously circulating as the "core" voter of BJP - for which you got called out.
I guess mistook you for someone else. My bad..

However the rest of your post doesn't make sense. My question "why should anyone say anything" was referring to BJP spokies. If they don't do their job, then it's a bit unfair for them to expect the man on the street to do it, even if they are a supporter. Remember, this is what they are paid to do. Beyond that, I'm not sure what you think it means.

As far as you believing whether I am part of the core or not, I couldn't care less. I (my family) has been with the BJP long before it was hip to be openly a "communal". Believe it or not, doesn't bother me. Moreover, I am rooted in my culture and unashamedly a supporter - financially, physically and spiritually. That is beyond my loyalty to BJP.
Last edited by JohnTitor on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:38 pm

They are doing their job. It is all over all kind of media - TV, facebook, twitter, youtube, etc. Now if you are expecting them to call every Indian on phone and explain then it is different. Except for Laloo who is in jail on corruption charges most other opposition leaders are mum.