The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
chetak
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by chetak » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:24 pm

per TV news, karunanidhi has "shuffled off this mortal coil".

The event occurred at 1810 hours today.

This event will cause huge repercussions in TN for some days to come.

Be careful on the roads out there.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:48 pm

'Kalaignar' M. Karunanidhi, former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and DMK chief, passes away aged 94
Thamiz Nadu Kaaval is out there in full strength. But let us see how the "mourning" goes on. What would be the condition of DMK as a party also needs to be watched out.

KarthikSan
BGR Newbie

Post by KarthikSan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Sporadic riots have already started under the guise of protests against refusal of land on Marina Beach for his last rites. I believe GoI has assured central police force if needed. Things will be dicey till he is under the ground. A true villain till the end and more.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:16 pm

as Gus has mentioned take all off topic discussion to appropriate threads. this thread is not for airing opinions about moderation practices.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:18 pm

the nutcases who mockingly asked "why should ram need a temple in rjb...isn't he a god and present everywhere'..

are now demanding for a memorial in a specific place

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:43 am

Gus wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:18 pm
the nutcases who mockingly asked "why should ram need a temple in rjb...isn't he a god and present everywhere'..
:D. And the ardent "devotees" of the atheist leader was also doing many "temple runs" and poojas for his good health. But what do you feel would be the political situation in TN hence forth? Elections are not coming up in the near future. The EPS-OPS duo seems to have now gained a foot hold on governance. L&O etc. are now firmly under control.

My understanding is that Thiru.Azhagiri has been asked to take a hike and is now pretty much a nobody in DMK. Do you think Thiru.Stalin would be able to keep the party united and run the show, now that Dr.Artiste is no more? The 2G Spectrum case I guess is now reopened and a fresh trial may happen as well.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:50 am

A minor story from Kerala, but it may have repercussions at a later stage for the "national party" CPI(M).
LDF does not fully disown Jaleel's party...
KT Jaleel is a new comer to CPI(M) and his past associations have been with radical Islamic outfits in KL. Now he is forming a "secular" League :roll: :rotfl: , and CPI(M) hopes to counter Muslim League who is now with the Congress party. The idea seems to be accommodate all Islamic outfits (other than the IUML) into the new "secular" Islamic league and then they would work alongside CPI(M). What is going to happen on practical terms is that organisations PFI, SDPI, PDP (Abdur Nassar Mahdani's outfit not the J&K one) etc. would now join into this new organisation. And this radical Islamic party would work along side CPI(M). The CPI(M) in KL most likely would take the state in the Kashmir way, and then throw up their hands when things start going from bad to worse.

Dumal
BGR Newbie

Post by Dumal » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:48 am

Gus wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:18 pm

are now demanding for a memorial in a specific place
I was actually hoping they don't take/get the 2 acre plot on the Sardar Patel Road. Why waste another 2 acres of forest land when already so much more has been taken up there for various purposes. The beach is anyway big enough and already filled with many of these memorials on the side towards Cooum and not much will be missed/lost by giving space there. Looks like the court also allowed the beach site and all the near and dear were in tears of joy! :facepalm:

Nandu
BGR Newbie

Post by Nandu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:57 am

Sachin wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:50 am
A minor story from Kerala, but it may have repercussions at a later stage for the "national party" CPI(M).
LDF does not fully disown Jaleel's party...
KT Jaleel is a new comer to CPI(M) and his past associations have been with radical Islamic outfits in KL. Now he is forming a "secular" League :roll: :rotfl: , and CPI(M) hopes to counter Muslim League who is now with the Congress party. The idea seems to be accommodate all Islamic outfits (other than the IUML) into the new "secular" Islamic league and then they would work alongside CPI(M). What is going to happen on practical terms is that organisations PFI, SDPI, PDP (Abdur Nassar Mahdani's outfit not the J&K one) etc. would now join into this new organisation. And this radical Islamic party would work along side CPI(M). The CPI(M) in KL most likely would take the state in the Kashmir way, and then throw up their hands when things start going from bad to worse.
CPM's dalliane with Muslim outfits is not new. They were in alliance with Muslim League and formed a Government. When CPIM which had all along been shouting from rooftops that they were opposed to communal parties, asked about it, their response was the 'League' in Kerala was not communal.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:24 am

I have no doubt that in my lifetime (be long & healthy, pray to Shri Ram) we would see WB and Kerala both turning into Kashmirs. I have told this to the faces of Mallus & Bongs in my circle, who are all Hindus and hate BJP-RSS to the core and as usual cannot defend their position when pressed but proceed to humiliate, insult North Hindus. They usually shut up after I ask them if the Naarthie Hindus are so stupid and primitive, what are they doing in the Naarthie Dilli and not back in their Bhadralok heaven & Mallu heaven? Absolutely no learning from the last 500 years of Indian history. The level some of these folks from these states are brainwashed is unbelievable. When shits hits the fan, they would be making a beeline to North & Western Indian states who I believe will be the longest standing Hindu fort against Islamic aggression in East & South India.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Guys, notice how the sore losers Arun Shourie and Yashwant Sinha have joined the Rafael bandwagon to target ModiJi. If they think among every issue they can rake up, they can target ModiJi on corruption, I question thier intelligence. They better stick to using UnDy propaganda on ‘intolerance’ and round the clock coverage of every lynching they can lay their hands on and label it BJP sponsored

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:24 am

Sachin wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:43 am
But what do you feel would be the political situation in TN hence forth? Elections are not coming up in the near future.
all potential alliances are in fluid state. everybody hedging baits and 'wait and see' approach for 2019. assembly is even further..
My understanding is that Thiru.Azhagiri has been asked to take a hike and is now pretty much a nobody in DMK. Do you think Thiru.Stalin would be able to keep the party united and run the show, now that Dr.Artiste is no more? The 2G Spectrum case I guess is now reopened and a fresh trial may happen as well.
azhagiri was always a one district wonder (madurai)..he has been sidelined for so many years now and is of very less nuisance value.

stalin has complete control of party. only the marans and kanimozhi raja cases are his biggest problems. he probably won't care about kani and feed her to wolves if it comes to that.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:44 am

TRS and BJD support for RS VC election.

mgb is a threat, but there are ways to break it and still build numbers depending on issues.

https://www.news18.com/news/politics/nd ... 38373.html
According to BJP's calculations, Harivansh is likely to get the backing of 91 NDA members, three nominated and erstwhile SP MP Amar Singh. He also has the votes of some non-NDA parties - AIADMK (13 members), TRS (six), YSRCP (two) and INLD (one) - adding up to 117.

Besides, the ruling alliance is counting on the support of nine BJD MPs, totalling 126 votes, BJP leaders claimed.

Hariprasad has the support of 61 MPs of the Congress-led UPA, 13 members each of the TMC and the SP, six MPs of the TDP, five of the CPI(M), four each from the BSP and the DMK, two of the CPI and one MP of the JD(S), adding up to 109 members.

One nominated and one independent member will also support the candidature of Hariprasad, sources in the opposition said. This would take the expected opposition total to about 111, they said.

The arithmetic could change with the death of DMK chief Karunanidhi and uncertainty whether the party's MPs would travel to Delhi for the election.

KarthikSan
BGR Newbie

Post by KarthikSan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:50 am

^^^Stalin has been equated to the Pappu of TN through a well designed social media campaign and he too has proved many a time over that he is worthy of the title. DMK under his leadership will be the single largest party in TN due to the sympathy resulting from MuKa's death. I think 2019 will be a split vote with TTV, EPS-OPS and the rest sharing the spoils. If BJP plays it's cards right and projects a strong, clean CM candidate they have a good chance of opening their account. Business is suffering and jobs are slowly vanishing. Most people I talk to are tired of both MKs and their offshoots. They want a third alternative that can help the state grow.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:40 am

twitter trending is the most useless barometer of anything.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:21 am

Came back to share the hot news..
In a 'major blow to secularism' NDA's Harivansh wins RS deputy chairman polls
crams wrote:Guys, notice how the sore losers Arun Shourie and Yashwant Sinha have joined the Rafael bandwagon to target ModiJi.
Have these two been formally expelled from BJP? If no, BJP (including Amit Shah & Na.Mo) requires the kind of backstabbing they are getting from these two. Both of them have become liabilities to the party and they should be just chucked out. There would not be any difference whether they stay in or out.
Gus wrote:TRS and BJD support for RS VC election.
I was reading through MSM news papers. Both grudgingly seems to accept that BJP may get their choice as the Rajya Sabha vice chairman as well. BJD's joining hands with the BJP seems to have played the spoilsport (for them). :twisted:
KarthikSan wrote:If BJP plays it's cards right and projects a strong, clean CM candidate they have a good chance of opening their account.
I don't think BJP has the critical mass in TN to play any major games. Just like how they are in near by Kerala as well. BJP I feel should have a much more long term strategy to deal with these states. In TN, they should give tacit support for the best *MK who would be standing with them. One *MK which would not cause long term problem to TN & India as well. The tamil regional parties generally support the ruling central government if they can get some benefit. BJP too can give them that. Even Mu.Ka had no pangs in supporting BJP governments. And in Kerala, BJP should allow the CPI(M) to completely polarise the communities. Currently CPI(M) is supporting various Muslims outfits and this can be encouraged. Only that would make CPI(M) become a true blue mafia, and only then average Hindu joe of KL also realise his own precarious position.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:13 pm

where is rahul metha these days??

or has he departed for cooler climes??

Pratyush
BGR Newbie

Post by Pratyush » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:34 pm

NDA got the dy speaker post in rajya sabha.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:09 pm

chetak wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:13 pm
where is rahul metha these days??

or has he departed for cooler climes??
Banned

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:41 pm

Sachin wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:21 am
KarthikSan wrote:If BJP plays it's cards right and projects a strong, clean CM candidate they have a good chance of opening their account.
I don't think BJP has the critical mass in TN to play any major games. Just like how they are in near by Kerala as well. BJP I feel should have a much more long term strategy to deal with these states. In TN, they should give tacit support for the best *MK who would be standing with them. One *MK which would not cause long term problem to TN & India as well. The tamil regional parties generally support the ruling central government if they can get some benefit. BJP too can give them that. Even Mu.Ka had no pangs in supporting BJP governments. And in Kerala, BJP should allow the CPI(M) to completely polarise the communities. Currently CPI(M) is supporting various Muslims outfits and this can be encouraged. Only that would make CPI(M) become a true blue mafia, and only then average Hindu joe of KL also realise his own precarious position.
Actually it's not as simple as that. Fact is that in WB and KL only the hard core Hindus will vote for BJP, but they need to see that things are changing in their favour by BJP. So far, little has happened.. now I know people here will say that it takes time and I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying this is what many people I've spoken to on the ground say. Asking them who they will vote for instead isn't helpful because it makes no difference as far as they see.

Over time, the same is likely to happen in states like Assam and TN

bharotshontan
BGR Newbie

Post by bharotshontan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Folks where is the truth regarding NRC religious breakdown? Pro Bengali Hindutvadi like Devdutt Maji/Prasun Maitra and pro Ahomiya Hindutvadi like all involved with AASU/AGP are accusing/defending NRC as having 22-25 lakh Bengali Hindus in the 40 lakh. The Assamese interest is in showing the exercise is not anti Muslim whereas Bengali interest is in showing the exercise is anti Hindu and pro Muslim. Either way both parties are quoting same figures.

This will be a great blow to Indic interests if even 1 Hindu gets left out of NRC and to pile insult to injury if even 1 Bangladeshi Muslim makes it on there. NRC should have followed after passing of citizenship amendment bill.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:48 pm

KL and WB will have more for BJP than TN.

wherever it becomes a clear alternative to current establishment, it will grow. it's a matter of time that's all.

TN will be the last frontier

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Easy win in the end for RS VC.

looks like AAP is sulking and abstained, and then claimed that they would have voted if kejri was called by Rahul.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:18 am

JohnTitor wrote: Fact is that in WB and KL only the hard core Hindus will vote for BJP, but they need to see that things are changing in their favour by BJP.
That being the case BJP will not be a decisive factor in KL for some 5-10 years. That is because the hard core Hindus are a minority, and the Hindus who vote for Congress or the CPI & CPI(M) combo will only think about changing their plans if they find an imminent threat/danger to their life style. Show casing good governance of BJP at the Centre or in any other state may not bring in quick results. The Malayalis would say that they would try to make the non-BJP party also function the same way, and "communals" to be kept away.
bharotshontan wrote:The Assamese interest is in showing the exercise is not anti Muslim whereas Bengali interest is in showing the exercise is anti Hindu and pro Muslim. Either way both parties are quoting same figures.
As I see it;
1. Assamese wants people not in NRC to be chucked out of Assam. The religious denomination is not very important to them. It is mostly a "Son of the soil" style theory.
2. The Bengali politicians & "secular camp" are deliberately creating a fright in the Hindus who are not in NRC register. This is not because of any love towards them, but to use them as Shikhandis in the war to allow Bangladeshi Muslim illegals to stay put in the country. The Islamists and their sympathisers are using the Hindu and using their panic to benefit the Bangladeshi Muslim illegals.
Gus wrote:looks like AAP is sulking and abstained, and then claimed that they would have voted if kejri was called by Rahul.
Many media outlets in Malayalam who had written "blow to Modi" type artices had to finally use those sheets of paper to wipe their bottoms :lol:. The BJP clearly played their cards well, and Congress has lost the last Constituitional post that they had.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:05 pm

TT bill blocked. pushed to next session. ridiculous obstructionism from congress.