The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
RajaRaja
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by RajaRaja » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Vikas wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:26 pm
For some reason I still can't find any goodness in Jaitley's work nor any reason to elevate him to this important position except for personal favor by NM (As quoted on BRF during 2014-15). So we end up with Jobless growth, arrogance when it comes to taxes, mess in Public sector banks.
Jaitley could not even get the big shark like economic offenders behind bars.
I think Jaitley has lost his FM job and now it is upto Piyush Goyal to produce some miracle in the last year. Jaitley was truly disappointed as FM specially after all his bombastic rhetoric about plus 10% growth before 2014 but what he produced was even poorer than the average UPA's growth rate. I would say, good riddance.

His botch up of GST implementation was epic with 39 forms filing and 4 different slabs etc. and there were idiots on various forums who defended him, now in retrospect they all look like morons.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:16 pm

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:23 am

Baiyujji Maharaj puts a tweet that DEFACTO says " Modiji and RSS are NOT good and sufficient leaders for India, and India needs a new leader" and 1 hour later, Bhaiyujii Maharaj died to gun shot wound and media-reports claim "suicide due to family members' infighting" !!!
Bhaiyujji Maharaj is a well know spiritual figure in MH and parts of Madhya Pradesh. he has been a staunch supporter of Modiji and RSS = BJP. He has friends in congress etc as well. But when it came to elections, he had always campaigned for Modiji, Devendra Fadnanis (now Devendra Ghazini) and RSS = BJP. He had been claimining that RSS , Modiji will end govt control over temples. But after Devendra Ghazini decided to loot Shani temple, he had a serious loss of face amonts his supporter.
He puts a tweet in Hindi https://twitter.com/bhaiyujimaharaj/sta ... 0793759745 which as per my translation says in english says "youth has a need one such powerful leadership, which can change nation, society and mankind". Till date, he had said that "Modiji is such leader". And on 12-jun-2018 8am, he says " ... a good leadership is needed ..." which means as of today , such leadership is absent, which DEFACT means, "Modiji is NOT fit to be such a leader" !!! And some 2-3 hrs later, I hear that he a gun shot wounds kills him. And paid-media within 1 hour reports "it was suicide" and confidently reports that it was NOT murder !!! And within minutes, cause of suicide is cited as "clashes between his duaghter and his new wife" !!! WOW !! Did they interview the man after his death or before his death to get such concrete information about cause of "suicide"?

When politically high profile man commits suicide, we cant rule out murder and at the same time, we should NOT blame anyone without "proofs" !! May be, it was suicide, who knows. May be cause of clash between family members , or depression caused by Devendra Ghazini's decision to loot Shani temple and betray him and all Hindus. We will never know.
Rahul Chimanbhai Mehta , Nice attempt at obfuscation and creating doubt by mentioning unrelated events as a means to build suspicion. You talk from both sides of the mouth .....'cannot blame without proofs' (sure, cover yourself man) and 'we cannot rule out murder'. Under the guise of 'we will never know' you have driven through a truckload of insinuation, innuendo and implied accusations. One could similar ask 'Is Rahul bai a so-and-so', and respond 'we will never know'.

I used to respect your detailed posts with facts etc. I even saw several of your videos (including the one where you called YS Reddy 'bharat ka sabse badaa rishwatkhor'...and that opened my eyes). I had even supported your posting (ages ago).

The above post, culminating in a series of posts in similar vein takes a different very tack from the rigor seen in your posts about policy. You are trying to further muddy waters that are already muddy, and you go about it insidiously. Why are you doing that now, I do not know. Your position about your law drafts, jury system right-to-recall is fine (and I actually agree with many of them even today) but realistically you are not going to be elected. So who is the alternative you support- is a question you have been asked and have not answered. Meanwhile, you continue on with your insidious commentary.

You talk about paid media above. The post of yours I quoted reads very much like articles one reads in paid media (not saying you are paid, the tone and inclination of the post with suggestive conclusions is what I am referring to).
Last edited by srikumar on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:22 pm

Rahul Mehta banned permanently.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:22 pm

CholaBhaturi wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:54 pm
Vikas wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:26 pm
For some reason I still can't find any goodness in Jaitley's work nor any reason to elevate him to this important position except for personal favor by NM (As quoted on BRF during 2014-15). So we end up with Jobless growth, arrogance when it comes to taxes, mess in Public sector banks.
Jaitley could not even get the big shark like economic offenders behind bars.
I think Jaitley has lost his FM job and now it is upto Piyush Goyal to produce some miracle in the last year. Jaitley was truly disappointed as FM specially after all his bombastic rhetoric about plus 10% growth before 2014 but what he produced was even poorer than the average UPA's growth rate. I would say, good riddance.

His botch up of GST implementation was epic with 39 forms filing and 4 different slabs etc. and there were idiots on various forums who defended him, now in retrospect they all look like morons.
methinks that many of the BJP stalwarts have slyly, maliciously and intentionally let the entrenched congi baboo(n)s run amok.

It is just not possible that such politically astute gang of ministers, so adept in protecting their own turfs have not been able to see, even after repeated instances of congi baboo(n) sabotage, a series of bunglings, committed over a long period of over four years, can claim innocence.

Almost all of the "mistakes" could have been caught by a dumb probationary clerk, had someone in authority taken the trouble to actually read, in draft form, what was proposed to be implemented as policy or procedure.

Mistakes that went out as policy/procedure, mistakes that created chaos and mayhem as intended, always came back to bite the PMO in the ass and that was always the intended target, time and time again.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:17 pm

Sachin wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:12 am
What can be done is to alert the US agencies about this case right away. So that this woman's hope of using a new name to land up in the US is foiled. If Sushma Swaraj gets embarassed further, then that should be good. Even now the Indian Passport authorities have a way to revoke the passport. They may know about her old passport details and issue a show-cause notice about suppression of material facts (their favourite reason). She may still not respond to the show cause notice and cry on twitter but then the passport she have will be of no use.
Firstly this is all a BS controversy. Sushma Swaraj has done a lot of good work, the things that are shared on Twitter are the most visible part of it.

I am rather disappointed in the reactions of members here. If the applicants are fraudulent, the criticism should have been focused on them trying to defraud the system including the passport officer as well as getting assistance from the Minister's office on false pretext. Instead there is a shrill uproar about Min. Swaraj being a sugar momma for pawkees and pawkee-wannabes. Terrible and unintelligent way to react.

As far as I understand the PO was transferred for making abusive comments and not for rejecting the application. It remains to be seen as to who is telling the truth.

There is no need to "inform the US". If she applied for a US visa earlier, her biometrics will already be in the system. So trying to apply for a visa again will be of no use.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:51 pm

No that is not how the case went. The woman is a convert and has various names on various documents some Hindu, others Muslim still others mixed. Her earlier passport was in Hindu name. Any aam admi going to the passport office with those kinds of documents would be asked to get lost. The woman made a big fuss, went to the media and twitted to SS. The media packaged it as "intolerance" of Hindu-Muslim couple when it is basically a Muslim couple without proper documents. SS got the officer transferred and the woman promptly got a passport obviously under pressure. The woman flaunted the new passport in front of media which is available on youtube. This is p-sec Lutyens C-system style of governance where if you have connections things get done. I hope she disappears if Modi comes back in 2019.

Jaitley did a fine job as FM some problems notwithstanding. In the last 2 years of UPA2 growth had gone below 6%. They have managed to push reforms, get disruptive things like demo and GST done and still managed to get growth back to near 8%. Great job and if they come back in 2019 economy is set for sustained high growth Goyal is managing for Jaitley because of health reasons.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Most of the heavy lifting in MEA has been done by VKS as SS has health problems. She thinks she has done a great job by bending rules to appear secular.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:19 pm

^Saar I was talking about average UPA growth rate, not just the last 2 years. Average UPA's growth rate was higher than the average growth rate Jaitley managed to deliver in his 4 years, so personally I do not think he did a fine job but that is just my personal opinion.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:29 pm

Average growth rate over a 10 year period has to be compared with average growth for another ten period not according to your political convenience. Last two years of UP2 growth is what Modi got the economy when he took over. So he and Jaitley have done a good job given the IED in the economy left behind by UPA e.g. NPAs and paralysis and high-level corruption. Come back in 2024 and then compare with your UPA and average growth.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Supratik wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:51 pm
SS got the officer transferred and the woman promptly got a passport obviously under pressure. The woman flaunted the new passport in front of media which is available on youtube.
Actually the Passport authorities can still show a show-cause notice and ask her to surrender the passport. It has happened to people who actually had given an incorrect address in the application. For renewals (with same address as in previous passport), the new passport gets issued the very next day. The police verification actually gets started after the passport has been dispatched.
KL Dubey wrote:If the applicants are fraudulent, the criticism should have been focused on them trying to defraud the system including the passport officer as well as getting assistance from the Minister's office on false pretext.
Did Sushma Swaraj make some checks by herself without going over board to help these frauds? Or she just bulldozed the RPO to issue the passport? At least I was pissed off with this because I don't think Sushma Swaraj did any scrutiny by herself to figure out the antecedents of the applicant.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:30 pm

SM pressure worked. Transfer has been cancelled. Passport under scrutiny.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Supratik wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:30 pm
There you go. Many people respectfully tweeted Min. Swaraj and MEA pointing out the issues and urging action. I 100% agree that justice should be done based upon the facts of the case.

I am talking about the reactions of people who jumped the gun and called her various names/questioned her commitment to the party and country. The details of the case are not the issue. Out of the hundreds/thousands she has personally helped, it is always possible that a few are malafides.

This was a good opportunity to show how a well-meaning government can be defrauded by questionable characters of the "green" color. Instead people seem eager to abuse the government instead. Totally counterproductive.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:13 pm

Sachin wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:33 pm
Did Sushma Swaraj make some checks by herself without going over board to help these frauds? Or she just bulldozed the RPO to issue the passport? At least I was pissed off with this because I don't think Sushma Swaraj did any scrutiny by herself to figure out the antecedents of the applicant.
Based upon my following her previous actions and reports on twitter, she gets people in her office (or relevant embassy if the issue is overseas) to do an initial check and then act quickly. It is possible these two people cleverly slipped through that check. If you want to call that "bulldozing", seems an over-reaction. I have no problem agreeing that some of these passport/visa cases need more caution. But it seems that every self-professed nationalist going overboard with public criticism in every small case is a sign of immaturity. Hindoos/PIFs are unable to close ranks since we haven't given up the addiction for argumentation.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:27 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:06 pm
Supratik wrote:
There you go. Many people respectfully tweeted Min. Swaraj and MEA pointing out the issues and urging action. I 100% agree that justice should be done based upon the facts of the case.

I am talking about the reactions of people who jumped the gun and called her various names/questioned her commitment to the party and country. The details of the case are not the issue. Out of the hundreds/thousands she has personally helped, it is always possible that a few are malafides.

This was a good opportunity to show how a well-meaning government can be defrauded by questionable characters of the "green" color. Instead people seem eager to abuse the government instead. Totally counterproductive.
Hold on the to melodrama yet. Cancellation of transfer seems to be fake story cooked up by bjp pidis. The poor guy has been transferred to Gorakhpur, look at Aditya Kaul and Prashant Patel's handles. First let the govt correct the wrong it has done, then we can continue sucking upto whoever we want.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Supratik wrote:
as per Bhakts : RSS pressurized Sushma to make changes re passport case and not SM.

Sushma fully deserved thrashing she received on SM and it has been seen in past she is extra benevolent to Pakis asking for medical visa. This included Hockey captain who showed middle finger to the crowd in Chennai and now needs a heart transplant..he was given visa over twitter (!!) She obliged many similarly . On top Modi sarkar rescuing father tom and ummas in middle east out of way...while settling Rohingya in Kashmir....RW on SM vented it out on collective issues not one.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:55 pm

Karthik wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:27 pm
KL Dubey wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:06 pm
Supratik wrote:

Hold on the to melodrama yet. Cancellation of transfer seems to be fake story cooked up by bjp pidis. The poor guy has been transferred to Gorakhpur, look at Aditya Kaul and Prashant Patel's handles. First let the govt correct the wrong it has done, then we can continue sucking upto whoever we want.
I don't care for the melodrama or sucking up - you are welcome to continue those as you mention above. I'm not interested in the details of the case, can't really start discussing every little thing that comes up. I have already said what I wanted to.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:58 pm

Supratik wrote:

Maybe, pls post a link, saar??

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:00 pm

See swarajyamag twitter line.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:12 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:55 pm
I'm not interested in the details of the case, can't really start discussing every little thing that comes up. I have already said what I wanted to.
You are not interested in the details of the case, but you'll jump into argument to shield govt functionaries without knowing details. :rotfl:

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:17 pm

Karthik wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:12 pm
KL Dubey wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:55 pm
I'm not interested in the details of the case, can't really start discussing every little thing that comes up. I have already said what I wanted to.
You are not interested in the details of the case, but you'll jump into argument to shield govt functionaries without knowing details. :rotfl:
Not sure if my explanation could be more elementary than this. How old are you again ? I didn't say I "don't know" the details of the case. I said I'm not interested in (debating) them.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Rahul M wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:22 pm
Rahul Mehta banned permanently.
Whew!

I had put him on my ignore list but he gets quoted by others so it was hard to avoid his nonsense!

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:54 pm

Supratik wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:00 pm
See swarajyamag twitter line.
saw and there is nothing. otoh this is what was found posted this eve:

Aditya Raj Kaul

Verified account
4h4 hours ago
More
Spoke to Passport Officer Vikas Mishra in detail. Yesterday evening he has submitted his response to MEA after he was given show cause notice. Poor man joins duty in Gorakhpur on Monday morning after being shunted out of Lucknow. Union of Passport Office employees supports him.

krisna
BGR Newbie

Post by krisna » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Sushma Swaraj got twitter finger happy. yes, a lot of good has happened with her trying to make things move fast. But in this case, surely singed her fingers and mind. She should not have done things which will demoralize her own officers in public. yes, she can praise and appreciate them but not scold them. OTOH, same with public-could have politely mentioned on Twitter -I will look into the matter etc. come back after few hours or 1-2 days and announce her decision.

Nice to get some solid thappad to our twitter minister. Hope she learns from this episode.

Sridhar k
BGR Newbie

Post by Sridhar k » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:53 am

There is already considerable anger among the Govt employees, not necessarily warranted against this Govt. There are people still waiting for things to revert to pre 2014 status quo. The RPO case will polarize the fence sitters among the Govt staff.