The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
KL Dubey
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:15 pm

Supratik wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:14 pm
Yes, just read Naidu has gone bonkers. But BJD, YSRCP, AIADMK should get them through. First they need to get the deputy chairman position so that voting takes place even if there is disruption.
I think BJD is the crucial factor for the time being. I don't think they will support (but I could be wrong).

As of now the RS strength is 241 (1 elected + 3 nominations are vacant). Majority mark is 121. NDA + AIADMK is 100 right now. Of the nominated members, 7 can be counted on (the other two are Congi plants installed before Modi sarkar). Of the "independents", 4 can be counted upon. That makes 111. Even with YSRC (2), we only have 113...too far below the majority even with potential "absences/abstentions" in the enemy camp. There is only one RS election during this period (the 3 seats from KL in June). We are not going to get anything there. So BJD would be needed to make the difference.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:34 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:15 pm
I think BJD is the crucial factor for the time being. I don't think they will support (but I could be wrong).
There were some rumors of "seculars" planning to support a BJD candidate as the RS Deputy Speaker/Chairman. The current chap, P.J Kurien is soon to retire. The sad joke is that many people in KL considers P.J Kurien to be a BJP stooge :lol:.

Mean while, are old fences getting mended?
PM Narendra Modi Wants Advani to Contest Elections in 2019, Says Report

And Shashi Tharoor and Chidu can now start going to the courts together.
Court admits abetment to suicide charge against Tharoor.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:05 pm

Sachin wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:34 pm
KL Dubey wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:15 pm
There were some rumors of "seculars" planning to support a BJD candidate as the RS Deputy Speaker/Chairman. The current chap, P.J Kurien is soon to retire. The sad joke is that many people in KL considers P.J Kurien to be a BJP stooge :lol:.

The allies have deserted BJP just in time to not be able to elect a RS vice chairman. But when the VP Is a BJP candidate, it doesn't matter who the vice chairman is.
But more crucially, NDA might have lost simple majority to pass bills like TT.

Irrespective of BJP offering a seat to Advani or not, I do not expect him to contest. It's a shame if he still wants to run.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:05 pm

They should fill the nominated vacancies ASAP.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:24 pm

Pratyush wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:52 am
You don't, the GST applies to packed food item's only. If you are buying loose atta dal and rice. No GST applies. But if you buy packaged atta dal and rice. The GST applies. That's the law. You can see how it can be used by rumour mongers against GST.
To the best of my information, GST does very much apply on UNBRANDED unpackaged lose ghee , butter, masala and many food items, though NOT unbranded atta.

So say a person buys milk of say Rs 15 lakhs and uses fuel, and makes and sells UNBRANDED butter/ghee of say Rs 20,00,001 per year for two years. Then he has to pay GST on Re 1 in first year. But next year, he has to pay GST on ENTIRE Rs 20,00,001 . The GST rate will be 2% or 5% depending on whether he takes composite or regular scheme. And if he sells UNBRANDED ghee/butter of over Rs 1 crore, then GST will be 5%. Pls ask CA for more details.

Now Rs 1 crore may sound like big amount, but actual profit on Rs 1 crore of ghee manufacturing and sale is not more than Rs 5 lakhs. And most inputs like milk, fuel, labor have no GST and so input credit is zero. Transport is another cost but GST on that cant be claimed as input credit !! And so GST payable on manufacturing and sale on UNBRANDED ghee of Rs 1 crore will be Rs 5 lakhs , which can be more than TOTAL profits he earns !!! So in many cases, a person is paying more GST than he earns !! Now all GST-apologists claim that taxes are paid by buyers and not sellers. I wont argue against their sophistry.

Now of course, the seller/manufacturer can hide sales, split sales into two companies and they he can get slaughtered when inquiry comes.

Till GST came, excise etc on UNBRANDED ghee and many unbranded items was zero. But GST has taxed many UNBRANDED lose (not all, but many) food items as well.

Now, can some BRFites rise and get exact answer from CAs on whether some UNBRANDED food items are taxed or all unbranded are tax free?

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Sachin wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:34 pm
And Shashi Tharoor and Chidu can now start going to the courts together.
Court admits abetment to suicide charge against Tharoor.
About damn time!

Also, from the TOI news item: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 466093.cms
The court also heard BJP leader Subramanian Swamy's application seeking its nod to allow him to assist the prosecution in the case and a direction to the police to produce the report of a vigilance inquiry conducted earlier in the matter. The court asked the Delhi Police to file a written reply.

"The court has already heard (Swamy's application) and given directions to Delhi Police. Let the application come to Delhi Police. We will give a proper reply," the senior officer said.
Let's hope for a coordinated and effective prosecution. In the process, a whole Pandora's box of nefarious Congi activities may also come to light.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Supratik wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:05 pm
They should fill the nominated vacancies ASAP.
They should certainly do that, but it won't help much. It will only reduce the majority deficit by 1.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:17 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

When will people like Advani, MMS, Saint ji, MuKa, MSY, Humble farmer, Pawar, Badal Sr., Farooq etc. would hang up the shoes and indulge in better activities than pure politics. They all made their money and have reigned over us for a long duration.
Imagine Pranab or LKA or Pawar or Badal or Muka were in power when most of us were not even born or were todlers.
Now just go away and let new leadership emerge.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:42 pm

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:07 am

Karnataka news (aplenty)...
1. Kumaraswamy inducts 25 ministers; with a catch that majority of ministers are from the Vokkaliga community.
2. Speaker stuck in traffic, misses swearing-in ; but finally says that Chief Secretary and D&IGP apologised so that is all fine.
3. Discontent in Congress spills over to streets ; which again was expected. Folks like D.K Shivakumar who did all the heavy lifting has now been sidelined. But a few cabinet berths has now been left vacant, like the "Emergency Quota" in Indian Railways.
4. Separate Lingayat religion movement leaders left out; gently reminding them that they have been the "useful idiots" who played along with the "secular" gang. All "secular" champions like K.G George, UT Khader etc. have happily landed up as ministers.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:07 am

What are the odds that DKS will quit Khangress and join BJP ?
Now that elections are over and things are back to regular broadcast, jostling for alignment for 2019 will start in right earnest in KA.
What is Siddu going to do now ? With no CM'ship and power to dole out favors, old JDS hand in Congress will have no future IMO.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:50 am

Vikas wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:07 am
What are the odds that DKS will quit Khangress and join BJP ?
As I said earlier there are some berths/ministries which are left vacant to be used in "Emergency quota". So if DKS is on the brink of jumping ship, he can be accommodated. We also need to understand that with each poaching attempt BJP's image would take a hit, while using "emergency quota" the disgruntled chap can be accommodated. Only a massive poaching which would go over the "emergency quota" would topple the government.
Now that elections are over and things are back to regular broadcast, jostling for alignment for 2019 will start in right earnest in KA.
That is not going to be very easy. Because there is some serious disgruntlement in the Congress even as of now. Many Congress leaders feel that they should have got a better treatment, and the current setup is extremely favouring JD(S). At a national level for Lok Sabha 2019 elections they will certainly not like having a similar arrangement. Congress knows that JD(S) is pretty much a "Deve Gowda & sons" party with no pan-India presence. Even in KA, JD(S) strong belt is the Mysore region. So when it comes to Lok Sabha polls Congress leaders do not want to support JD(S); because that is only going to help JD(S) punch above its weight. So in matters like seat sharing Congress would demand that JD(S) play the second fiddle and help more Congress folks win.
What is Siddu going to do now ? With no CM'ship and power to dole out favors, old JDS hand in Congress will have no future IMO.
He is playing the role of a "LO - Liaison Officer" quite well. Being an old JD(S) hand, he is now leading the coordination committee formed between Congress and JD(S). As an "LO" he will have some work till this government lasts.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:26 pm

didn't know that KA is this fragmented into completely different sub-regions...

there's some of that in the north/ne vanniyar belt, west tn kongu belt and south with mukkulathor and 'dalit' groups. but parties do have some strength and not losing deposit in other regions - like JDS losing deposits out of mandya..

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:41 pm

twitter
'Today I came here to pay my respect and homage to a great son of Mother India':

Former President Dr.Pranab Mukherjee's message in the visitor's book at RSS founder KB Hedgewar's birthplace in Nagpur

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:05 pm

kindly visit t/l of presstitutes to know how pranab da has given them enema with mirchi in butt...

gablu
BGR Newbie

Post by gablu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:58 pm

new drama

@BDUTT
11h11 hours ago
More
Received chilling veiled threats and "messages" from powerful people in the Establishment today that my family and I are under surveillance - and that I will be smeared & maligned to stop me from starting any new projects. Was advised to get my house debugged. Is this my country?

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:10 pm

She is just missing the attention that the junior Jehadi bibi Rana Ayyub is getting from international fiberals, hence the nautanki. Desperate for attention.

Fact is nobody gives a shit about her, not her fellow jehadi gand and certainly not Modi govt. Perhaps she & Kejriwal can both get together and exchange notes on their future hallucinations.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:23 pm

The "saaf niyat, sahi vikas" clips are now available on youtube. Looks pretty good.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:26 pm

It seems Pranab Mukherjee speech was a mixture of admiration for the RSS and legacy of his long association with Congress. Khichdi speech.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:41 pm

Pranab da nicely took revenge for how was he treated by Sonia:

-when he was a suitable PM candidate he was dispatched to Rashtrapati Bhavan
-His office was bugged when he was FM
-This was done by PC at behest of Sonia

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:42 pm

gablu wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:58 pm
new drama

@BDUTT
11h11 hours ago
More
Received chilling veiled threats and "messages" from powerful people in the Establishment today that my family and I are under surveillance - and that I will be smeared & maligned to stop me from starting any new projects. Was advised to get my house debugged. Is this my country?
it appears that Burkha has got funds for a new TV channel for news to counter Republic.
But she has been denied licence by Govt.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:14 am

Indrad wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:41 pm
Pranab da nicely took revenge for how was he treated by Sonia:

-when he was a suitable PM candidate he was dispatched to Rashtrapati Bhavan
-His office was bugged when he was FM
-This was done by PC at behest of Sonia
Not sure it was revenge. It was kichidi speech IMO, but he was more direct in attacking RSS with this hate BS, but was very very subtle and meek in saying anything against queen maadam.

I marvel at how the Italian queen has all these toadies by their balls. I mean whatever maybe PranabJi’s faults, the guy is an erudite scholar and distuinguished politician. Yes, he can’t raise a little finger at the queen but can give condescending sermons to RSS sons of the soil.

Glad this spectacle is over. In 3 days time speech will be forgotten. I don’t know what RSS got out of this other than praise for RSS founder, p!ss on RSS as a whole, and some mute, oblique displeasure over Queen and her Pappu.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:02 am

Congress makes a strange move in one if its bastions; Kerala. A few seats in Rajya Sabha would soon be vacant (including that of RS Vice Chairman, P.J Kurien). It was expected that a Congress leader from Kerala would get nominated, and he would easily win (the state assembly in KL have the numbers for that).

But looks like the state of Congress in KA, where they had to meekly surrender to a small state level party and even give away the major stake in the state government gave ideas to the Kerala leaders as well. Indian National Congress (under command Ra.Ga) has been now asked to give the Rajya Sabha seat to Kerala Congress (M) under the command of K.M Mani. The various Kerala Congress are regional outfits who generally give notional allegiance to the Indian National Congress. They are considered to be X'ian religion-based parties (but "secular" like the Muslim League).

A set of "Young Turks" (young MLAs) from INC in Kerala had even said that folks like P.J Kurien should be retired and young blood given an opportunity. Now adding insult to injury, not only were there opinion thrown into the dust bin, a nobody in national level politics now get a RS seat for free :).

* Congress gives Rajya Sabha seat to Kerala Congress......
* Decision to give RS seat to Kerala Congress suicidal, says VM Sudheeran......
* RS seat: Cong youth brigade lashes out at leadership......
* RS seat: Shafi Parambil criticises Congress leadership......
* Black oil poured on flex, League flag hoisted in DCC......

Now it would be fun to see what would be the demands of folks like SP, BSP for Lok Sabha 2019 elections :lol:.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:15 am

Five held; cops claim Maoist link behind Elgar Parishad
Hope the truth about these gangs get clearly out in the open before the next round of elections.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:52 am

crams
Pranab da demonstrated
-RSS is not untouchable
-Hegdewar is a hero..

I consider it a victory for RSS.