The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
ricky
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by ricky » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:21 pm

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/nation ... 99094.html
The Army have been asked to remain on standby in violence-hit and curfew-bound Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya, where tension is running high following repeated attempts by mobs of miscreants to launch attack at Punjabi Lane in the Motphran area since Thursday night despite stiff resistance put up by Meghalaya police.
The DGP said police were on high alert and doing everything possible to protect the people living in Punjabi Lane locality which is inhabited by about 700 Sikh families.
A group of youth from Punjabi Lane area has been on guard to protect the lives and property in the area where miscreants lobbed petrol bombs on more than one occasion since Thursday night defying police resistance.
Violence broke out in the city on Thursday night following clashes between two communities over an incident of eve-teasing and subsequent assault of a person from a particular local community on Thursday morning.
One community is that of the sikhs as attested by the targetted areas, the other community is apparently "local".

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:22 pm

At this moment Namo shd hunker down and tackle domestic problems foreign policy can wait till election now! One after another congress is using dirty dept tricks to light 100s of fires in the backyard to give an impression BJP can't govern. Once there is chaos all this bravado of mygov in 48 months will be lost and sidelined and channels will pick up daily violence since it gives them better TRP.
It was HR then Guj, KA, TN now MP tomorrow it will be NEast.
Getting power is important but even more important is to hold on to power. Changes can be brought slowly and steadily but return of alliance and corruption is last thing India can afford.

Prasan
BGR Newbie

Post by Prasan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:59 pm

Sachin wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:53 pm
srikumar wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:46 pm
I agree. I would caution people against accusing posters of being agents etc. Not constructive.
+1. Yes there could be a few folks with an agenda and I guess their identities are already known. But tagging any one who doubts a BJP victory as an "agent" is only going to make the forum an echo chamber.
In a video posted by KL Dubey (1.5 months ago) where NaMo addressed (over telefoon ) some questions by karyakartas ...Modi clearly said that stuff on SM which are untruths have to be countered, and challenged explicitly. He was very firm about that. I felt bad for him when I heard him say that.
Govt plans to hire crack team to track social media, boost India’s image ; is what was reported 3 days back. Which means GoI (not BJP as a party) has recognized the threat of unrestricted use of social media. All said and done it was for all BJP sympathisers to ask what your party/country can do to you, but to ask what you can do your for country/party. The BJP & RSS are not babes in the woods and know how much of support would be there for them from MSM, peacefools etc. So they would have a plan ready for that as well.
BJP needs to clarify its position in social media. Whatever they stand for has to be spoken boldly. They are rather silent and thinking matter will somehow pass. But then new issue comes up and bad perception builds slowly among masses.
They need to safeguard their supporters who are fighting online and offline. Recently some guy called mahaveer claimed he is from bjp IT cell and claimed he did all kinds of vile things in social media. But i dont remember if bjp denied or not. They need to provide some kind of proof that he is not from bjp and be little aggressive.
Similarly bjp should protest preferential treatment given by twitter to abusive leftists but not right wing people.
Likewise Brf got separated into bgr.
For the petrol price they need to make a strategy how to take message to masses. Modi himself need to explain something like it will affect economy, pollution, etc. If not all some will surely agree.
How can online supporters fight if they dont know bjp will support them and whats the party position anyway.
If you search any hot political issues in google the first links that come up are print, scroll, wire, etc. Govt should penalise google to bring them in line like how EU is doing. They will get the message and swarajyamag and opIndia will get space in google searches
Modi is meeting mark zuckerberg but at the back they are doing cambridge analytica and meme war. In response govt should send them indirect message.

Prasan
BGR Newbie

Post by Prasan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Modi/BJP/RSS should have helped create a hindu religious body that controls temples. Wherever they have state govt, handover the property to that body. Leftists will try to villify it. But they can promise that with the temple money schools and hospitals will be constructed. When hindus sees the benefits they will automatically support it and start abusing left wing mentality. Many are not aware temple money is controlled by govt. Wherever state givt dont agree , force it down on them and create a demonstration in the streets just like how leftist are doing with dalits and farmers.
Obviously there will be corruption but such cases should be dealt severly by the body.
Overtime when the body establishes itself it can start making noises like hinduism khatrey mein hai and fraud conversion. It can black list whichever party it want. Ultimately ideology is important.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:00 am

Modi/BJP/RSS should have helped create a hindu religious body that controls temples. Wherever they have state govt, handover the property to that body. Leftists will try to villify it. But they can promise that with the temple money schools and hospitals will be constructed. When hindus sees the benefits they will automatically support it and start abusing left wing mentality. Many are not aware temple money is controlled by govt. Wherever state givt dont agree , force it down on them and create a demonstration in the streets just like how leftist are doing with dalits and farmers. Obviously there will be corruption but such cases should be dealt severly by the body.
Overtime when the body establishes itself it can start making noises like hinduism khatrey mein hai and fraud conversion. It can black list whichever party it want. Ultimately ideology is important.
we all know that SoGa / ArKe and congress/aap leaders / workers want to loot Hindu temples lands, donation money etc

Now you seem to be ASSUMING that NaMo , RSS-leaders and RSS-workers are different from congress/aap and they dont want to loot temples' lands , gold, donation etc etc

There is no basis for such assumptions, except superficial appearances and slogans they shout

Imo, rss-leaders and rss-workers want to loot temples' lands and donation money. Worse, they want to finish rivals like Sant Asaram bapu, sant Gurmeet ram rahimji, sant rampal etc who are creating alternatives within Hinduism but due to whom temples' revenues had been decreasing.

So one can make all wishes that "modiji / rss should have removed govt control over temples" but all that imo is useless. They all want to loot temples lands and wealth. And so they have DELIBERATELY not printed laws to remove govt control and install hindus' bodies.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:51 am

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:21 pm

Did BJP just take a huge dump on it's core voters?

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/therel ... 437460.cms
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will fight the next Lok Sabha elections only on the “development, development and development” plank and there will be no room for the Hindutva and temple issues, Union minister for minorities Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, while stating that “minorities are safe in the country”.
No doubt some here will say this is some sort of strategic move to bring in the unobtqinable minority vote ...

darshhan
BGR Newbie

Post by darshhan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:01 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:21 pm
Did BJP just take a huge dump on it's core voters?

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/therel ... 437460.cms
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will fight the next Lok Sabha elections only on the “development, development and development” plank and there will be no room for the Hindutva and temple issues, Union minister for minorities Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, while stating that “minorities are safe in the country”.
No doubt some here will say this is some sort of strategic move to bring in the unobtqinable minority vote ...
John, On almost a daily basis we accuse media of untrustworthiness and unfairness. And then we end up believing reports from the same media. Especially a newspaper which we ourselves pejoratively refer to as the "TOILET"

Secondly the core issue for Hindus(and other indic faiths) is Islam itself(the underlying ideology as stated in Quran and hadiths). And I can assure you this issue wouldnt be resolved by ballot anytime soon i.e if at all.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:07 pm

^^^On the contrary I think some people dont pay attention to what the party says, and keep droning for years on 'unfulfilled expectations'.

In case you havent been following the news, the campaign slogan for 2019 is 'saaf niyat sahi vikas'. For 2014 it was 'achhe din aane wale hain'. It is all about development and that is what NaMo has been repeating for years. I fail to understand why people dont listen.

I am still waiting for someone to post a single speech of NaMo's 2014 campaign which raised Hindutva issues.

Hindutva folks vote for NaMo NOT because he has made fiery speeches, but because they know he will not allow hinduism to be pulled down. Hindutva actions like TT, RJB, UCC, etc will happen without needing to be overt campaign issues.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:18 pm

BJP's Purulia (WB) bandh in protest against killing of workers successful.

darshhan
BGR Newbie

Post by darshhan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:53 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:07 pm
^^^On the contrary I think some people dont pay attention to what the party says, and keep droning for years on 'unfulfilled expectations'.

In case you havent been following the news, the campaign slogan for 2019 is 'saaf niyat sahi vikas'. For 2014 it was 'achhe din aane wale hain'. It is all about development and that is what NaMo has been repeating for years. I fail to understand why people dont listen.

I am still waiting for someone to post a single speech of NaMo's 2014 campaign which raised Hindutva issues.

Hindutva folks vote for NaMo NOT because he has made fiery speeches, but because they know he will not allow hinduism to be pulled down. Hindutva actions like TT, RJB, UCC, etc will happen without needing to be overt campaign issues.
Exactly. If I were the BJP campaign manager, why would I rake up the Hindutva issues which will be used as a pretext to mobilize minorities in elections.?
Instead I would continuously paint the opposition as anti Hindu(actually true), which will allow me to mobilize the Hindu Voters. A lot of times negative sentiment works better than positive one.

Anyways many of the so called core Hindutva issues are not top performers at the ballot box. Just go and ask an ordinary hindu, what he thinks about removing unjust RTE and removing govt control over temples. More often than not you will get a blank face. I am willing to challenge anyone if he or she can prove that inclusion of these as chief electoral issues will increase the BJP voteshare by even 1%. I have done this exercise so I am pretty convinced. Hopefully Maybe the situation will change by 2024, so that parties(not just BJP) cant ignore it anymore.But right now this is not the case. A ground up movement for these issues is yet to be formed.

By the way BJP did promise to remove govt control over temples in the recently concluded Karnatka elections. While BJP pulled off a tremendous performance, it couldnt get past the majority mark. And if somewhere to conduct a survey of voters who voted for BJP they will find out the number of these voters who classified this as the high priority issue is miniscule. Tells you how little of the electoral dividend these issue gets.

Ram temple is definitely an emotive issue for people especially in UP, Bihar,MP etc. But even there high chance is that caste considerations will trump over the Ram temple issue. Otherwise why it is that when elections were held after demolition of Babri Masjid and subsequent dismissal of Kalyan Singh govt, BJP actually got less seats than before and SP-BSP combine were able to form govt.

While we should be making serious efforts towards these issues, the important point is not to raise these as electoral issues for 2019. Instead when you have the numbers(In Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha both), just pass the bills accordingly.

Promise Less, Deliver more.

darshhan
BGR Newbie

Post by darshhan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:00 pm

Top Priorities for average Hindu Voters right now.
1. Economic Development (includes infrastructure, medical care, opportunities, more cash in their accounts etc)
2. Caste Considerations(sadly still a factor.)
3. Islamic aggression where Muslims are more than 20%
4. War with Pakistan(is a Blockbuster. More than 90% of Hindus and other indic faiths of young age appreciate a dead pakistani)
5. Ram Temple(wrt Northern and maybe western states)
Last edited by darshhan on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:00 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:57 pm
hanumadu wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:51 am
^^It's not that simple. Vajpayee was the preferred PM, but what happened? Modi should have affected sufficient number of people significantly to vote for him over local and other considerations. Modi factor will make a difference, but its hard to predict its magnitude.
1) Vajpayee is not Modi. There is a world of difference. Modi and Shah are much more the go-getters than Atalji. Their personalities and outlook is totally different.

2) If it is hard to predict, then don't predict and don't waste time in discussions. Wait till the election is over. If you are contributing to the NDA effort, all the better.
ABV and LKA were essentially lutyens dilli anchored politicians. They were part of the clique but not overtly paki pasand in the way the poisonous gang has mutated now.

Lutyens dilli had a ready approach to both ABV and LKA irrespective of ideology or party affiliations. That made them comfortable and non-confrontational. LKA particularly has been cut out to disrupt these snake oil channels. The rest of the snakes are lying very low. This has some negative consequences also because important inputs from lootyens tend to disappear, especially on the paki and the J&K front making NM's work that much harder.

modi is a rank outsider with no friends in lootyens dilli because he doesn't want any and most vitally important, lootyens dilli simply does not have any approach to him. News, gossip, advance views of govt policies, transfers, ministry/portfolio trading etc, which is their lifeblood, as well as financial sustenance, have simply evaporated leaving them orphaned and neutered and ultimately vengeful. All of lootyens have very conveniently forgotten how the very same dilli gang hounded him while he was Gujarat CM.

He has turned on the head, lootyens power equations, tribal affiliations, shenanigans of foreign govts, powerful xtian and muslim NGOs, paki pasand direct approach channels of the paki civilian govt, their civil society and the paki deep state.

This is a situation not seen in lootyens dilli since independence and they blame Modi for their plight, not willing to admit that they have brought it down upon themselves.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:19 pm

Some degree of polarization is necessary along with the vikas story.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:38 pm

I disagree with the general consensus here that development alone will win BJP seats to obtain a majority. If there is no overtly Hindu items on the table, Hindus can easily be divided by caste and their vote split up. The recent KA elections is one of several examples.

Secondly, lots of people are used to corruption and prefer it that way. The only people who aren't are usually salaried and form a small portion of the electorate. Again, an example here is demonisation. Many people who votes BJP turned against BJP because their usual easy way of life was disrupted.

I've said this a million times and I'll say it again. India and Indians are not at a stage where elections can be fought purely on developmental issues.

darshhan
BGR Newbie

Post by darshhan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:49 pm

Supratik wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:19 pm
Some degree of polarization is necessary along with the vikas story.
As Dr.Subramaniam Swamy himself stated " Development is a necessary condition for electoral victory, But not sufficient).

Now as far as polarization and subsequent mobilization of Hindus on religious grounds is concerned, I sincerely doubt if we can achieve it on a national scale. The primary reason being that Islamic population is not uniform across the Nation. So on one hand you have constituencies like Moradabad or Rampur where muslim population is almost or more than 50%, in the very same state you also have Jhansi or Jalaun where muslim population is in single digit percentages. So obviously the threat perception of a Hindu in the latter districts will be much lesser compared to Hindus of the former wrt Islamic aggression. So electorally it is a non starter on a national scale. Although locally depending on the above factors it is already happening.

Then comes taking visible action against Bangladeshi immigrants including isolating and deporting them. But then again this will have more benefits in Assam and other north eastern states, than in the rest of country.

Same is the case with Ram Mandir. Maybe some impact in northern and western states, but I doubt it will get much traction nationally.

Maybe a mix of all the above and then some more. Let's hope all of them are used to maximize the results.

But if you need a truly national wavemaker & indeed what we need is a wavemaker, I can think of only two.

1. Narendra Modi himself. This was so true in 2014. His popularity continues. The momentum is still with him.
2. War with Pakistan
Last edited by darshhan on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nandu
BGR Newbie

Post by Nandu » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Regarding ABV and LKA it didn't help matters that the latter thought that he was more capable. From a administration point of view that was perhaps not off the mark. Unfortunately ABV had enjoyed greater mass support and also enjoyed greater acceptance from alliance parties. This often led to administrative paralysis. On the other hand, ABV's political instincts were superior. Nowhere was this more evident than the issue of whether India should join the US led war against Iraq. LKA was in favour but ABV instincts were against it. Finally ABV exercised his prerogative as PM and publicly announced that India would not join it. Hindu ran a lead story on that. So this is on public record. The admjnistrative paralysis was partly responsible for BJP defeat in 2004. The other factor was by the time of campaign in 2004 ABV had become too sick that he couldnt even campaign in Lucknow leave alone the rest of the country. His campaign presence would have helped at least swing 40 to 50 seats across the country. Besides the break up in alliance with DMK in Tamil Nadu proved catastrophic. LKA was more inclined towards JJ and ABV was powerless to against LKA. By this time the death of Maran who would have persuaded Karunanidhi to stay with BJP ensured that the alliance was broken. The rest is history.

darshhan
BGR Newbie

Post by darshhan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:58 pm

Stating totally objectively. If I were one of the opposition leaders, I would have rather saved my money in 2019 and waited for the next elections.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Except in the deep south and certain pockets like Punjab, polarization will work. In 2014 Hindutva was implicit in Modi's candidature. Sangh and its network which is an estimated 20 million plus and their sympathizers need to be assured on that count for them to help Modi. To start with try to pass the TT bill by monsoon session.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:30 pm

Mitron, are we really blowing a lid because Naqvi saheb is quoted by TOILET as whispering sweet nothings to some specific religions? That is EXACTLY his JOB - win those onesie, twosie Abrahamic votes that might accrue to his party. As some of the wise elders here pointed out, you UNITE globally and polarize locally to get the best bang for the buck. In fact, in most constituencies, the reverse polarization happens automatically after the bishops and imams are done with their prayers and fatwas.

The fundamental principle of economics is that you do not invest beyond the point where your incremental return is at its peak. The returns diminish after that.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:52 pm

I do believe that caste polarization against BJP, which is what the thugbandhan is all about, will work. I think it was Shivam Vij and Mani Shankar Iyer, how every much jokers that they are, postulated this soon after BJP's landslide victory in UP polls last year. They said the only way to break BJP's hold on Hinduthva is to exploit caste fissures. And they (thugbandhan) are on a war footing. Pretty sure Congoons and their CA analytica type foreign handlers are playing the choreographer (SuSwamy's tweet the other day). Congoons are trying to grab power through back door.

The loss in Gorakhpur, Phulpur, Kairana, close contest in Gujarat, not too bad a showing in Karnataka (even 78 is too much IMO for the squalid seditious Congoons) can all be attributed to the strategy of painting BJP as essentially a casteist North Indian Brahmin Bania party controlled by "Brahmin Nazi fascist" RSS to suppress Dalits, Muslims, and OBS/SC/STs, impose Hindi over southerners etc etc.

And I will say that except being defensive, BJP has not been able to counter this thugbandhan strategy. Maybe they will by the time MP/Rajasthan elections come around, but make no mistake, a defensive posture centered on Vikas and development is just that, hot air without teeth. I mean ModiJi started his term talking only Vikas, inviting Paki Badmash to his innaugaration etc, and yet that did not deter the campaign against him. India's economic woes are so deep that even a good job on Vikas can always be countered with the glass half empty argument. Vikas has to be augmented with aggressive Hinduthva with no holes barred attack on thugbandhan being anti-Hindu to the core.

Guys on another note, not sure what RSS guys are thinking, but whats all this BS about inviting Pranab Mukherji to address them? Doesn't make any sense on the face of it, unless there is some strategy to it which is not obvious to me. All that he (Pranab Mukherji) will do is speak inanities like Hinduism is such a pluralistic religion bla bla that must have room for diversity etc. As if we don't know that. Its become common place for deracinated scoundrels and patently self loathing Hindus to sing this tune (and I must add that Pranab Mukherji is actually a balanced Hindu his Cong antecedents notwithstanding). Such bogus arguments by dubious characters is another politically correct way of peddling pseudo secularism.

I mean lets cut through the chase and tell it like it is even though it may not be palatable to some. Hindus are not monolithic, and Hindus are no less violent or tribal in their instincts. Its just that Hindus are tribal along caste lines, Hind castes inflict horrific violence on each other. While Islamist and Christian tribalism is against anybody who don't subscribe to their beliefs. So Hindus are split and while Muslims and Christians are more united.

Of course, at a deep philosophical level, Sanathana Dharma is universal, i.e., the notion of realizing the Brahman within, and that Brahman is omni-present and manifests itself pervasively in the universe (recall Adi Sankarachrya's hymn: "Chidananda Rupam Shivo Hum shivo Hum"). But how many Hindus adopt this as a unifying philosophy? In fact, Shankaracharya will be dismissed as the icon of Brahmins and upper castes. So something more emotional like Islamists and missionaries out to destroy Hindus, which is true, will be more unifying.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:32 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:38 pm
I disagree with the general consensus here that development alone will win BJP seats to obtain a majority. If there is no overtly Hindu items on the table, Hindus can easily be divided by caste and their vote split up. The recent KA elections is one of several examples.

Secondly, lots of people are used to corruption and prefer it that way. The only people who aren't are usually salaried and form a small portion of the electorate. Again, an example here is demonisation. Many people who votes BJP turned against BJP because their usual easy way of life was disrupted.

I've said this a million times and I'll say it again. India and Indians are not at a stage where elections can be fought purely on developmental issues.
No need to try and set up an adversarial debate by positioning your opinions as contrary to a "consensus". I don't think any such consensus exists here, as you can probably see from recent posts. Neither am I trying to promote any such consensus. Let me explain one more time:

- I am pointing out that NaMo is going to do his personal campaign his way and not your way, and that he will not likely be overtly Hindutva. No surprise there since he has been very clear what his deal with the electorate is, and what promises he will fulfil. All his promises have been on development - whether you like it or not - and many were very specific in nature. He got elected in 2014 and he is going to tell the electorate whether he fulfilled the promises. Now do not try to find fault with NaMo by projecting your personal desires on him and then saying he failed or disappointed you!

- I have no idea, nor any objection, if other key campaigners like Yogi will push Hindutva topics. I personally do not think Yogi will be allowed to make campaign promises of that nature without NaMo's permission, but he sure can create such sentiment and help to consolidate Hindu/Dharmic votes (I prefer not to use the word "polarization"). That dual strategy seems to be increasingly used and I have already written about it. It is quite possible that BJP has found a dual-face strategy based on "vikas" (NaMo) and "Hindutva" (Yogi). You need someone credible for Hindutva campaigning. Yogi fits the bill as he has the religious credentials.

- Finally, I will again request that if you feel strongly about the BJP/NDA victory in 2019, write a carefully worded letter with your ideas/concerns and send it to Amit Shah and the BJP. I am sure someone consequential will read it. I will be happiest if your brilliant suggestions turn out to be useful for victory in 2019.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:37 pm

Supratik wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:07 pm
Except in the deep south and certain pockets like Punjab, polarization will work. In 2014 Hindutva was implicit in Modi's candidature. Sangh and its network which is an estimated 20 million plus and their sympathizers need to be assured on that count for them to help Modi. To start with try to pass the TT bill by monsoon session.
Passing TT bill soon seems unlikely due to RS roadblock. Ordinance would be desirable.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:42 pm

crams wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:52 pm
The loss in Gorakhpur, Phulpur, Kairana, close contest in Gujarat, not too bad a showing in Karnataka (even 78 is too much IMO for the squalid seditious Congoons) can all be attributed to the strategy of painting BJP as essentially a casteist North Indian Brahmin Bania party controlled by "Brahmin Nazi fascist" RSS to suppress Dalits, Muslims, and OBS/SC/STs, impose Hindi over southerners etc etc.
All your points are in general true and well known. But aren't we reading too much into a few bypoll results where there was not enough turnout ? I can't remember the last time when anyone cared about bypolls, but this time it seems to have become a hot topic. Media is trying to milk it for TRPs and are we not falling for it ?

As far as KA is concerned, going from 44 seats to 104 is a great positive sign. Too bad we could not form goremint (yet). BJP officially celebrated this victory. And yet, apart from a few channels like Republic TV, none of the media projected this as a victory for BJP.

gablu
BGR Newbie

Post by gablu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:22 am

I read some CTs in FB that there is a growing section in BJP who are opposed to NM-AS and want a change in PM candidate before going to 2019 polls. As far fetched as it might sound, can anybody throw some light on this CT?