The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue May 01, 2018 10:10 am

Heh.
ANI

Verified account

@ANI

I challenge you (Rahul Gandhi) to speak for 15 minutes on the achievements of your government in #Karnataka without reading from any piece of paper. You can speak in Hindi, English or your mother tongue: PM Modi in Mysuru
https://twitter.com/ANI/status/991211141077577728

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue May 01, 2018 10:38 am

So if magically, UCC is implemented, Art-370 is scrapped and RJB construction starts in next 6-9 months, would BJP win more seats or more or less same or less during 2019 GE assuming rest of the parameters remain the same ?

PS: I still don't think BJP is going to win KA

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Tue May 01, 2018 11:54 am

I don't know when mentally blind Hindus can come out of the iron grip of Congress. This is one race which simply cannot identify its enemies

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue May 01, 2018 12:42 pm

Heh
Piyush Goyal

Verified account

@PiyushGoyal
Following Following @PiyushGoyal
More
I am a law topper, CA 2nd rank all over India, professional Chartered Accountant & investment banker and therefore competent to give consultancy. BTW Mr @PChidambaram_IN who are the consultants in your son @KartiPC's consultancy?
https://twitter.com/PiyushGoyal/status/ ... 6171038720

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue May 01, 2018 12:54 pm

KT election analysis from 5forty3. Part 1.

http://5forty3.in/gaze_articles.php?articalid=209

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue May 01, 2018 1:01 pm

Mods KJo and RahulM.

Please note poster Abhisek is using abusive remarks on posters and trying to troll-bait and start a flame-war.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue May 01, 2018 1:04 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:33 am
Hari Seldon wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:25 am
Was a Modi-bhakt, me. Now am merely a Modi-voter, no longer an ardent fan. People change and evolve with time, I guess.
I was a Modi hopeful but now I am a bhakt. I was never under any illusion he will do a lot on right wing core issues. But I am pleasantly surprised by the systematic process he has adopted to address right wing issues. I believe longer term his approach is more beneficial and will bring about permanent changes.

What ever be the lack of progress on core issues, he more than made up by some stunning achievements on other fronts that we could have only dreamed of before 2014. Electrification of all villages, 100 % house hold electrification by 2019, 24/7 power supply by 2019, swacch bharat, smart city projects, under ground electric cabling pilot projects, GST, digital money, curbing black money and tax evasion (its a work in progress), digitization of judiciary, 1000 Ph.D scheme, Assam NRC, bankruptcy code, resolving NPAs, fixing the economy, enemy properties act, infrastructure push, roads, railways, ports, renewable energy focus, Ganga rejuvenation, Make in India, net zero electronic imports by 2022, effective use of Aadhar and these are just at the top of my head.

If some body told me he would do all that in one term in 2014, I would have laughed at him. What is even more important is that there is a definite plan and a vision on the end goal for all the above. It's not a piecemeal implementation for the short term with an eye on the optics but an effort to bring long term and sustainable changes in the very way India functions.

For one, I am pleasantly surprised and extremely satisfied with what he has done in just one term. And its even more commendable considering the state of the economy he inherited. He is making Hindus strong for the battles ahead.

I care less about RJB or UCC than demographics. My vote is for anyone who can kick out the illegal BDs and put a curb on muslim birth rate. Right now my best bet is NaMo.
Over the years I've become an even more ardent admirer of Modi. Yes, I admit I too am a Bhakt and am as proud to say it as I am of being a Hindu.

Anybody who can think rationally cannot help but be awed by his sincerity and dedication to the nation. Yes, he may not get everything right and may have a different agenda from what we would like him to pursue but I believe he has been spot on most of the time. He is not Yogi and needs to look at things a bit differently, the larger picture if you will. There is also the politician in him that weighs everything before saying or doing it (or keeping silent as the case may be). Appearances are everything and we cannot expect and perhaps should NOT expect him to go gangbusters against Islam or Christianity. It is my belief despite being a staunch Hindu that everybody deserves a chance and that in the term India's interests will be best served by a truly secular (a much maligned word, I agree) government and a citizenship that values every bit of diversity within. Utopian, I know, but one can hope.....

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue May 01, 2018 1:23 pm

John Titor,

It is very easy to answer your question. Illegal immigrants cannot be identified without getting local power e.g. when NDA1 tried to abruptly deport illegals from Mumbai, the train was stopped in WB and CPIM cadres forcibly released the illegal migrants right in front of security forces. In Assam the Congress kept on stalling NCR update. The BJP came to power in 2016 in Assam and ASAP started NCR update. 32.9 million applications were submitted. Of these in the first list 19 million have been found to be legal residents. 13.9 million people are still in limbo. Of these 7.5 million are under verification. If you do the math it means 6.4 million are already illegal. In my estimate the number will rise to around 8 million. Why is this necessary. For three reasons. One it has to satisfy the SC as cases are going to be filed if genuine citizens are deported. Second it has to satisfy the domestic opposition as otherwise charges of ethnic cleansing will be brought in. Third, it has to satisfy Bdesh if these people are to be deported peacefully. By May 31, 2018 we will know how many are illegal. Next step will be to delete their names from the electoral roll. Only then what to do with them will be decided. What the govt will do next e.g. have a deal with Bdesh or otherwise will have to be seen. Then only you can claim whether it is success or failure. Given the data coming from Assam it is likely WB will have 15-16 million illegals. So 25 million in total. You can imagine the enormity of the problem festered by the Congress and Left. If you think it can be solved overnight I will sell you the Howrah bridge.

Regarding fencing, most of the border in Assam is fence except riverine area. New tech for river fencing is being tested (see BRF). WB border TMC govt is not co-operating in LA and nothing can be done unless BJP comes to power in WB.

Prasan
BGR Newbie

Post by Prasan » Tue May 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue May 01, 2018 3:55 pm

crams wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:31 am
I was, am, and will be a ModiJi bhakt. And for me its because he is genuine at heart, wants to do the right thing, and above all, he is taking a long-term view of things. In other words, he is playing a test innings, not a T-20 innings. But that said, I do get irritated that he doesn't go on the attack more often (for e.g., BJP image has taken a sound beating post Kathua, and he could have stepped on the gas pedal much earlier), his TSP policy has been a disaster, and occasionally the crass politician in him annoys me: for e.g., his BS about silence during Muslim prayer during a meeting, his latest Man ki Baat etc. They smack more of political correctness than genuine feelings.
This and this
hanumadu wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 6:06 am
crams wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:31 am
I was, am, and will be a ModiJi bhakt. And for me its because he is genuine at heart, wants to do the right thing, and above all, he is taking a long-term view of things. In other words, he is playing a test innings, not a T-20 innings. But that said, I do get irritated that he doesn't go on the attack more often (for e.g., BJP image has taken a sound beating post Kathua, and he could have stepped on the gas pedal much earlier), his TSP policy has been a disaster, and occasionally the crass politician in him annoys me: for e.g., his BS about silence during Muslim prayer during a meeting, his latest Man ki Baat etc. They smack more of political correctness than genuine feelings.
When he is trying to end TT and polygamy, he has to make sure that muslims including women who benefit the most and want those things to happen do not consider it as some conspiracy against Islam or an election ploy to garner Hindu votes. If he is attacking some aspect of islam, he has to make some conciliatory gestures on some others. It's common sense and a prudent thing to do. Saying so will change nothing on the ground, either for Hindus or for Muslims.
I, like Cram guru, was pissed at all that paigambar bullshit & silence on azaan nonsense but Hanumadu guru's post does make sense. I was a Modi bhakt and I think the initial euphoria has passed now but I remain a solid Modi supporter. There are times when I do doubt his commitment to the Hindu cause but in the long term, his actions do make sense.

As much as we may want, 200 million Indian Muslims aren't going anywhere. They may or may not overtake Hindu population (chances are bleak) but we will have the largest Muslim population in the world in a few decades and we need to manage that. Already, fate of Hindus look doubtful in WB and KL, Assam will be saved by timely intervention by PIF led by RSS-BJP. I think going forward, the Hindu worldview is only going to harden and become a forceful counter to EJ-Islamist forces in India, fueled by an unprecedented access to information via SM and a fledgling Hindutva ecosystem.

I think Modi has done a satisfactory job for core agendas. Biggest being the expose of Congress on 'Hindu Terror'. I only wish Modi will take Congress to town over this and the dastardly attempt to equate Hindus with Jehadis. My only criticisms is that his China-Pakistan policy has been disappointing. Some of the economic policies are hare brained - specifically the Mudra scheme and slow action on DeMo netted fish.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Tue May 01, 2018 4:00 pm

SSundar wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:18 am
Kabir wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:50 am
If you look at it the BIFs have actually succeeded in their plan to abuse the word bhakt by making even Indics use it non-nonchalantly now.
I am known to bite people's heads off if they use that 'B' word in front of me. We need to stand up for ourselves. Black Americans call each other with the 'N' word casually but that does not mean they let others refer to them by the same word. The 'B' word is a blatant insult to Hindus, period.
I disagree that 'bhakt' is like the N word for blacks. It just means devotee and nothing else. The liberals have hijacked the term to make it sound bad, but screw them.

I am a Bharat Mata bhakt, not a Modi bhakt. I believe that Modi is the best person for the job of restoring Bharat Mata's honor and dignity. If Modi fails or becomes secular, then I have no problem discarding him mentally and looking for a new savior. Hopefully that day will not come.
This differs from the Modi bhakts who are for Modi more than India. If Modi makes mistakes or panders to Peacefools, they will find something chankyan about it and justify it and attack the people who criticize it. Read Abhishek's insightful analysis above.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue May 01, 2018 5:16 pm

The volume of work done is astounding - considering that it is largely a one man show, lack of a helpful ecosystem of academics think tanks policy wonks etc, lack of RS majority, issues with judiciary and bureaucracy etc

An unshackled second term of Modi is what I am looking forward to.

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Tue May 01, 2018 5:17 pm

Why The Core Hindu Voter Is Upset With Modi

https://swarajyamag.com/magazine/why-th ... -with-modi

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue May 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Supratik - But the problem is even if they are identified, it will be near impossible to deport for several reasons including SC which will definitely show its secular colours, BD who will not accept them and local parties like CPI who will make it difficult to deport them (as you said, CPIM prevented the deportation last time in spite of security forces).

As far asWB is concerned, is border security not a federal/central issue ? does it really need cooperation from the state? If so, this whole thing is a joke.

demographics across the country are rapidly changing and the dhimmi hindus are not even concerned.. the only ones that "seem to care" are those outside the country unfortunately. What a sad state of affairs.
KJo wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:00 pm
I am a Bharat Mata bhakt, not a Modi bhakt. I believe that Modi is the best person for the job of restoring Bharat Mata's honor and dignity. If Modi fails or becomes secular, then I have no problem discarding him mentally and looking for a new savior. Hopefully that day will not come.
This differs from the Modi bhakts who are for Modi more than India. If Modi makes mistakes or panders to Peacefools, they will find something chankyan about it and justify it and attack the people who criticize it. Read Abhishek's insightful analysis above.
Absolutely 100% agree. As far as i'm concerned, modi is only a means to an end. At the moment tho, NM/Yogi/BJP are the best of the lot.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue May 01, 2018 5:58 pm

Your position is shifting from they are doing nothing to they can't do it. Thankfully the NRC update is backed by SC. I am sure when Modi-Doval initiated NRC update they had a process in mind unless we assume they are stupid. It is well-known there 20-25 million illegals in India. Let us see what they do. May be they will try to have a deal with Bdesh in exchange for money. If it doesn't work there are other methods the state can use if it really wants to do it. But I will like it to be peaceful as it will help repeating it in WB and as I want the Hindus to be deported too for reasons of geo-politics.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Tue May 01, 2018 7:28 pm

KJo wrote:
I disagree that 'bhakt' is like the N word for blacks. It just means devotee and nothing else. The liberals have hijacked the term to make it sound bad, but screw them.
Didn't mean to equate the N word with the B word. 'Bhakti' is only used in the context of Hinduism and denotes a pure, selfless devotion to something divine. Not just God, but your nation and even Mata-Pita-Guru can be divine. Politicians can be noble and great leaders, but not divine.

Would a Peaceful person who really likes RaGa allow themselves to be called "RaGa Jihadi"?

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Tue May 01, 2018 7:33 pm

Supratik wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:58 pm
Your position is shifting from they are doing nothing to they can't do it. Thankfully the NRC update is backed by SC. I am sure when Modi-Doval initiated NRC update they had a process in mind unless we assume they are stupid. It is well-known there 20-25 million illegals in India. Let us see what they do. May be they will try to have a deal with Bdesh in exchange for money. If it doesn't work there are other methods the state can use if it really wants to do it. But I will like it to be peaceful as it will help repeating it in WB and as I want the Hindus to be deported too for reasons of geo-politics.
If they couldn't be deported, they could be biometrically registered and prevented forever from obtaining identity/welfare documents such as Aadhaar, Ration Cards & drivers licenses. Their children have to be treated as illegals too, even if they are born in India. That plus a law that states anyone who employs illegals is subject to prosecution should do the job.

We cannot deny healthcare and humanitarian assistance. But they would need to pay for it out of pocket if they are excluded from Modicare by way of Aadhaar requirement.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Tue May 01, 2018 11:34 pm

SSundar wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:28 pm
KJo wrote:
Didn't mean to equate the N word with the B word. 'Bhakti' is only used in the context of Hinduism and denotes a pure, selfless devotion to something divine. Not just God, but your nation and even Mata-Pita-Guru can be divine. Politicians can be noble and great leaders, but not divine.

Would a Peaceful person who really likes RaGa allow themselves to be called "RaGa Jihadi"?
The problem is Hindus using that word to abuse another Hindu. eg- that guy is a Modi bhakt - in a way equating bhakt with a blind faithful poodle. People calling themselves as a bhakt or bharat mata bhakt etc is a different thing all together.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed May 02, 2018 2:31 am

sanjayC wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:17 pm
Why The Core Hindu Voter Is Upset With Modi

https://swarajyamag.com/magazine/why-th ... -with-modi
What a searing critique. Articulates in painstaking detail the angst of the core voter. In words way better than I could pretend to know how to use.

Must, must read, folks. For the sake of Dev, Desh, Dharm.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed May 02, 2018 2:57 am

The government is bracing for a possible collegium decision reiterating the recommendation of Joseph for SC.

SC collegium may recommend Justice KM Joseph’s name for elevation again (HT)

Stand your ground, GoI. Else sit on the file indefinitely. Only.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Wed May 02, 2018 3:26 am

National Judicial Commission would have increased % of dalits/OBCs/Tribal in High Courts and also supreme court. Because NJC gives powers to PM via Law Minister and 2 appointees to influence appointments. And PM has to depend on dalit/obc/trinal votebanks
Supreme court judges ruled against NJC. Because judges get more gravy , be bribes or nepotism, in collegium system aka cartel system. Modiji could have defacto overruled that judgement by refusing to process collegium aka cartle appointments. SCjs cant issue warrant / summons against PM and President without permission of President i.e. PM !! IOW, defacto, SCjs cant issue any warrant or summons against PM. So Modiji could have LEGALLY forced SCjs to accept NJC. And law as well morality was on side of NJC -- NJC was constitutional amednment passed by 100% MPs of BOTH houses. NJC is worse than election of judges, but NJC is much less bad than cartel aka collegium system.
Many decisions of Modiji are influenced by RSS-workers' opinions,. RSS-workers were against NJC and ALL rss-worlers had supported collegium aka cartel system. Whether caste was the reason , or there were some other reasons as well, needs to speculated.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed May 02, 2018 5:21 am

Hari Seldon wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:57 am
The government is bracing for a possible collegium decision reiterating the recommendation of Joseph for SC.

SC collegium may recommend Justice KM Joseph’s name for elevation again (HT)

Stand your ground, GoI. Else sit on the file indefinitely. Only.
This appointment can be stalled indefinitely because there is no specified time limit for the GoI to make the appointment.

Stand your ground, else sit on the file indefinitely is one and the same thing. The message will be loud and clear and must be sent.

The GoI, through a joint session of parliament, could also make a direct appointment to the SC, bypassing the NJAC totally citing social justice considerations.

A political judgment is a political judgment, no matter who makes it or why. It does not require prodigious intellect or stupendous moral courage, as is falsely being made out, to do such a thing.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed May 02, 2018 7:28 am

Why is SC on a collision course with Govt, a battle which SC can not win if Govt of the day really wants to carry the order.
Why are they obsessed with appointment of one single judge?

Either your lordships are busy listening to celebrity cases, running BCCI, offering bails to all and sundry on whatsapp, overruling HC's, getting lashing from senior Lawyers or giving political statements when out of Job while few crore cases languish with Judicial system.
If Judicial system worked on performance and timelines, almost the whole system would have been rated as big zero and would have been sent for PIP.
I don't know why article after article appear speaking effusive praise of SC while they have done nothing to even deserve a pat on the back.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed May 02, 2018 7:31 am

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 3:26 am
National Judicial Commission would have increased % of dalits/OBCs/Tribal in High Courts and also supreme court. Because NJC gives powers to PM via Law Minister and 2 appointees to influence appointments. And PM has to depend on dalit/obc/trinal votebanks
Many decisions of Modiji are influenced by RSS-workers' opinions,. RSS-workers were against NJC and ALL rss-worlers had supported collegium aka cartel system. Whether caste was the reason , or there were some other reasons as well, needs to speculated.
So what is the best way of selecting SC and HC judges in your opinion (other than by ballot).

PS: Modiji himself was a RSS worker so he needs no external influence of RSS workers. Assuming your aspersion is correct, Was it only RSS workers who were against NJC or even Congressi-left leaders too ?

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed May 02, 2018 12:07 pm

Judges appointment is the key to passing core legislation. The opposition will try to put their own people in the SC and stall or negate core issues.

After the Assam NCR is updated all illegals should be biometrically enumerated and that should go into a database for future reference.