The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
pankajs
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by pankajs » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:55 am

Beautiful ..

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... s?from=mdr
Centre seeks views for a museum for all PMs in Teen Murti; Congress fumes
"It is unfortunate that the lives and works of many of our prime ministers have not been well documented. In fact, many have received very little attention. While contributions of individual prime ministers have been different and obviously cannot be compared, it should actually be left to individuals to assess it; relevant facts, all at one place, will facilitate that process. This is what the proposed museum seeks to do. Through research and sensitive curation, this endeavour shall bring alive the personalities of our prime ministers," the post on MyGov.in stated.

"Separate museums dedicated to a few individuals who were prime minister have been set-up. It is simply not feasible to establish museums for each of the fifteen individual prime ministers that India has had till now. It is also unfortunate that the lives and works of many prime ministers have received little attention," it added.

Teen Murti Bhavan in New Delhi was once the residence of India’s first prime minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, and has been associated with him since Independence. Since 1966, it has housed the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, which preserves his personal papers and others related to the freedom movement. With the emergence of the new museum for the country's prime ministers, the possibility of the Nehru Memorial of losing its lustre has not gone down well with some. While most members appointed to the general executive of the body have agreed to the proposal, three had opposed it last year when it was discussed for the second time.

Congress leader Jairam Ramesh told ET that the idea of building a museum for all prime ministers was indeed good but it need not be there in Teen Murti, which was allocated for Nehru exclusively. "This looks like part of the Modi enterprise to obliterate the Nehru Memorial and its legacy," the former environment minister under the UPA government said.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:18 am

No comments, some men have different tastes also

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 895065.cms

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:13 pm

yo rrNDTV so sekular ... and IE, even more so ....

gablu
BGR Newbie

Post by gablu » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:41 pm

Hari Seldon wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:13 pm
yo rrNDTV so sekular ... and IE, even more so ....
Looks like 2016 news

pankajs
BGR Newbie

Post by pankajs » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 pm

Smart ... bery smart. Currying favor with the Supreme Court after stabbing CON

https://www.news18.com/news/india/congr ... 28393.html
Told Sonia, Rahul Gandhi Not to Submit Impeachment Notice Against CJI, Says Mamata Banerjee

pankajs
BGR Newbie

Post by pankajs » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:14 pm

As pointed out before, Ayodhya case is the key to understand the whole CJI impeachment gambit. Kapil Sibal is the prime mover from the CON mafia as also the main lawyer from the Muslim side. Even a days delay wold have lead the PIL mafia to demand that CJI recluse himself from the court proceedings including administrative functions. The next in line and D Raja's favorite would have taken over the administrative function, reconstituted the bench hearings the case and scuttled it till after GE 2019 as desired by CON mafia.

https://www.siasat.com/news/naidus-no-c ... g-1346629/
Naidu’s ‘no’ to CJI impeachment clears way for Ayodhya case hearing?
New Delhi: Vice President and Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu said on Monday that the impeachment motion against Chief Justice of India (CJI) Dipak Misra lacked substantial facts to hold the latter guilty of misbehaviour. However, the decision may impact the political discourse ahead of elections in 2019, it has cleared the way for final hearing of the Ayodhya title suit by CJI’s bench.

If the judgment would pronounce in favour of Ram Mandir, may give an impetus to the BJP campaign in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. According to a report published in Economic Times, the BJP would try to use an adverse judgment to reap electoral benefits. BJP leaders preferring anonymity have claimed that the impeachment motion was politically motivated and aimed at scuttling the Ram Janmabhoomi case. Now that the CJI would not have to recuse himself, BJP has reasons to hope that judgment in the case would be ready before his retirement on October 2.

pankajs
BGR Newbie

Post by pankajs » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:19 pm

I am still waiting for the CON mafia to launch a judicial challenge to the VP's action on the impeachment notice.

After Mumtaz bano-ji will more rats jump the CON ship?

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:07 pm

5forty3 now has a web magazine. One important article.

http://www.5forty3.in/gaze_articles.php?articalid=207

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:56 pm

saroj khan endorses rape & casting couch in Bwood, says wo roti bhi to dete hain ..
Saroj Khan defends casting couch: It provides livelihood at least https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ma ... 890957.cms

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:43 pm

pankajs wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:19 pm
I am still waiting for the CON mafia to launch a judicial challenge to the VP's action on the impeachment notice.

After Mumtaz bano-ji will more rats jump the CON ship?
no body has jumped ship.

many parties with cases pending in the SC have, with a highly developed sense of self preservation, are forced to keep quiet and are simply lying low.

Don't see a heart in entities which are not known to have one. TMC, DMK etc etc.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:40 am

BJP has become joke in KA.

First don't bother creating local leaders and use gray heads instead to try to carry themselves through caste equations. Then deny his son a ticket and antagonize the caste based voter base, nice.

Which one is it Mr. Shah? Merit based system in which case, you need a different CM candidate, or caste/nepotistic based system, in which case don't deny his son a ticket!

As usual, BJP does what it knows best. Snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

KA is likely to be a hung legislative assembly.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:42 am

Some movement on urgent core voter issues. At long last. Happy to credit the sarkar for it. Jai ho. Image
No Conversion

@noconversion
3h3 hours ago
Huge victory, Government of India directs all state governments to book FIR against Foreigners who misuse VISA for preaching religion! Big Victory !

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:46 am

John Dayal gang will lead the outrage by claiming if FDI can be allowed why not this? :evil:

pankajs
BGR Newbie

Post by pankajs » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:31 am

Looks like CON mafia is again back to fomenting trouble from inside the SC system. Earlier Justice Chelameswar and Justice Kurien Joseph had written to the CJI. Now it is the other 2's turn i.e Justices Ranjan Gogoi and Madan Lokur.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/call-fu ... ce-1842430
Call "Full Court" To Discuss Future: 2 Top Judges Write To Chief Justice

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 am

Hari Seldon wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:42 am
Some movement on urgent core voter issues. At long last. Happy to credit the sarkar for it. Jai ho.
No Conversion

@noconversion
3h3 hours ago
Huge victory, Government of India directs all state governments to book FIR against Foreigners who misuse VISA for preaching religion! Big Victory !
Sadly things may not change that much on the ground.

I was in China last year. One of our guides was a young, recent college graduate. He told us he lived with a 'brotherhood'. When asked more about it he said it was a secret fellowship where an American preacher had converted them to Christianity.

Imagine if this is happening in China, how easy it would be to perpetrate the same in India. The only consolation one can take from this is at last we have a law that supports legal action against those that are 'caught in the act'. Doing the last part will be the hardest.

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:39 pm

srikumar wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:53 pm
...well, if the train of thought is that death penalty as a punishment for rape of minors may motivate the rapists to kill, how about adding death penalty if the rapist has killed the child (as happened in Kathua). Same logic would suggest that the rapist will now try to keep the child alive, thereby protecting the child's life. What do the Lutyens wallas have to say about this.

About the hizzoners asking if death penalty is a deterrent, would they be willing to take data from a foreign country? There is no data from India since it does not have death penalty for this. And if deterrence is the measure by which death penalty is applied, do they have any studies to show that death penalty deters the rarest of rare cases (one category where death penalty is applied in India).
More than a death penalty if proven by sufficient evidence (DNA, etc)., the the criminal should be castrated and jailed.

gablu
BGR Newbie

Post by gablu » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:15 pm

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:23 pm

pankajs wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:31 am
Looks like CON mafia is again back to fomenting trouble from inside the SC system. Earlier Justice Chelameswar and Justice Kurien Joseph had written to the CJI. Now it is the other 2's turn i.e Justices Ranjan Gogoi and Madan Lokur.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/call-fu ... ce-1842430
Call "Full Court" To Discuss Future: 2 Top Judges Write To Chief Justice
The shock value is gone.

When congress gets adverse judgments and they complain about vendetta - general public will side against congress.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Guys, I am going to stick my neck out and make a brazen prediction: BJP will win Karnataka. Of course, I will eat humble pie if I am off the mark. Of course, I will puke my gut out if my fellow Kannadiga brothers and sisters decide to vote for Pappu and his slaves.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 pm

crams wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:14 pm
Guys, I am going to stick my neck out and make a brazen prediction: BJP will win Karnataka. Of course, I will eat humble pie if I am off the mark. Of course, I will puke my gut out if my fellow Kannadiga brothers and sisters decide to vote for Pappu and his slaves.
Myself also joining your good self in the prediction saar (bobbing head in Indian style - no emoticon for that).

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:20 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 pm
crams wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:14 pm
Myself also joining your good self in the prediction saar (bobbing head in Indian style - no emoticon for that).
me three.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:56 am

I am a still bit scared, would prefer INC and Left supporters to celebrate before elections and BJP supporters celebrate after election results.

Dumal
BGR Newbie

Post by Dumal » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:40 am

Aditya_V wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:56 am
I am a still bit scared, would prefer INC and Left supporters to celebrate before elections and BJP supporters celebrate after election results.
Any result that helps nudge BJP to a 2019 LS majority is what would make me happy. How about BJP getting about 45% of seats, INC and JD each with ~25% seats and the rest with others/Ind in KA? Would leave INC puffing/panting, occupied with petty internal squabbling and losing political capital trying to keep BJP out of power in KA, for a lot of time leading up to 2019. All of this would additionally create some goodwill towards BJP in KA during the LS polls.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:27 am

My gut feeling is BJP will win or come near to win. Getting a second term with all the bagage is very difficult. I do not know Siddu type fellow can manage that. On the other hand BJP was in a very bad shape when I lived there. How good or bad it is now I do not know.

In any event I am confident that BJP will perform very well in 2019 in KA.

pankajs
BGR Newbie

Post by pankajs » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:05 am

In a hung situation BJP can offer JDU outside support and keep CON out till GE 2019 just to cut off their source of funding.